The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Assassin's Creed IV
gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9489
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 3-7-2013 at 02:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Assassin's Creed IV

So, uh, WHY are they already showing commercials for Assassin's Creed IV again?

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8325
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 3-7-2013 at 04:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Personally, I can't wait to assume the role of a young Henry Rollins in 1980s Los Angeles.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9489
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 3-7-2013 at 06:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
There's a Black Flag reference in there somewhere but damned if I know what it is.

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 9035
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 3-7-2013 at 09:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Which do you not know: that Creed 4 is subtitled Black Flag or that Rollins was the lead singer of Black Flag?

Don't Mess With Texas

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9489
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 3-8-2013 at 12:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by williamssl
Which do you not know: that Creed 4 is subtitled Black Flag

This one. I haven't paid attention to the ads.

That said , I'm a "TV Party" type of dude.

Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12571
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 3-10-2013 at 01:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gobbledygooker
So, uh, WHY are they already showing commercials for Assassin's Creed IV again?

Because the last one made millions of dollars and it tends to be really easy to get gamers to buy into hype?

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9489
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 3-11-2013 at 04:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Consider me bought!

You know, it's funny (and not to change the subject) but I've thought about how lately, pretty much every game I play (and will play in the future) is a sequel. Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, Dead Space, Infamous, God Of War, pretty much anything Rockstar puts out (though that's not technically a sequel)...regardless...my current gaming pattern is pretty much a revolving door of whatever is the latest sequel to the aforementioned series'. Which is fine by me as long as the games continue to be awesome.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2538
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 3-12-2013 at 12:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Oy, another series that's getting ran into the ground.
Denethor
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1661
Registered 3-27-2002

Mood: Meh

posted on 3-26-2013 at 06:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
They pump these games out faster than rabbits can multiply, and they're all good. Meanwhile I have to wait 14 years between Bioshock releases.
gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9489
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 3-27-2013 at 02:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I don't know...this probably belongs in the Assassin's Creed III thread but I just got into the real meat of the game and I haven't been quite as impressed as I hoped. There are definite improvements but I'm still seeing a lot of the same types of glitches from the other games.

And Jesus, the lip-synching in the cinema scenes is God-awful. It just looks like the characters' lips are chattering away with random words going on. There have been times I can't tell who's supposed to be the one talking since everyone's just kinda spastically moving.

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8325
Registered 7-15-2005

posted on 3-27-2013 at 02:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You may THINK you're at the meat of the game, but you're probably not there yet.

And man... speaking of it, I didn't really care much for the naval stuff in AC III. So the thought of a huge chunk of AC IV taking place on the water makes me kinda meh about it.

Is everyone mad here?

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9489
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 3-27-2013 at 05:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well I just got through the BiG twist at the beinning (very well done) and just got done learning to hunt as the "real" main character. I can already tell that this is what they were saving the "real" fun for and I'm already having a blast climbing through trees and air-assassinating random animals.

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8325
Registered 7-15-2005

posted on 3-27-2013 at 05:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Oh, yeah. You're nowhere fucking near the real meat of the game then. Not even close.

Is everyone mad here?

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9489
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 3-28-2013 at 12:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Good to hear!

Yeah that's one of my main problems (in a good way) with games like these - I start straying from the main story before I'm probably supposed to and attempt things that I'm not really capable of yet. For instance, I just tried to take over my first fort right out of the hunting training, armed with a few arrows and that's about it. After about 8-10 unsuccessful tries, I got the feeling that you're probably supposed to infiltrate it when you're a bit more prepared and well-armed.

theflammablemanimal
American Dream

Posts 7586
Registered 9-2-2008

Mood:

posted on 3-29-2013 at 02:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wait, this pirate game is AC4? I just figured it was DLC for 3.

http://epitomeofmasculinity.blogspot.com/

@EofMasculinity
The first undisputed OO draft champion of the world

Get the pistons pumping and let the pigeons loose on my yambag

Stu
Caledonian Crippler

Posts 3548
Registered 5-17-2005
Location Glasgow, Scotland

Mood: Scottish

posted on 11-6-2013 at 02:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So who's got it? I picked it up for the PS3 on Friday and I've been having a blast with it. It's a much more immediate story than 3, and the main character Edward is the most unique Assassin so far in that as far as I'm into in the game, he's still not really a true Assassin, he's still a pirate looking to make a score and is loosely aligned with the Order to get that done. It is more of a pirate game than an AC game, as that's what most of the activities focus on, and quite a bit of the story so far but when it is more Assassin-oriented, there is a good implementation of stealth as an option. The Jackdaw's a great addition to the game, it's almost seamless who you transition from land-based gameplay to the Naval stuff, which is a lot of fun and makes you feel badass, jumping from ship to ship, and taking down forts. There's a ton to find around the world, and I like the randomness where you can leave an island that's deserted, but come back at some future point to find it's inhabited by pirates, or there's two ships fighting around it, or a big galleon that's been grounded on the beach. I also find the present day aspect of the game to be a pretty refreshing change of pace, as instead of Desmond, you're playing the role of a researcher for Abstergo's entertainment division, who want to use Edward's life as the basis for a movie, and you get to see some funny meta humour about game development and there's hacking(some required, but largely optional) that you unwittingly do for the Assassins, and it unlocks a bunch of files about the backstory of the series and possible future installments. It's a lot more lighthearted and less intrusive than that stuff was before, for sure.
Some complaints though:
-ENOUGH with the follow/eavesdrop missions already. They're annoying.
-As are the Gunners, who are basically sniper guards posted up high who can see you from a good distance away and make stealth much harder
-Controlling your fleet (basically a navy themed version of the thing they've been doing since Brotherhood where you send your recruited Assassins on missions that run in the background, only instead of Assassins, it's with a fleet made up of the captured ships you've chosen to keep) requires an online connection, for no reason. It's ridiculous.
-Some initial syncing issues with my UPlay Rewards not showing up in game after I renewed them
-Some restrictive "do it this exact way or instantly fail" missions
-Some Elite ship upgrades not being available because it's telling me I don't have the plans I need...even though I do.

"WWE's like Sable's f***y: it's not been any good since 1998, and it's been fucked by Vince McMahon"-Billy Kirkwood

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9489
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 11-7-2013 at 08:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Good to read your thoughts on the game, Stu.

It is getting awesome reviews from what I've read so far (I even read one that said it might be the best Assassin's Creed yet) so there is definitely high praise for it. I will be picking it up whenever I finish GTA V and Bioshock Infinite. Which should be sometime in 2015.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top