The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: NFL Offseason
theflammablemanimal
American Dream

Posts 7586
Registered 9-2-2008

Mood:

posted on 3-6-2013 at 02:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
NFL Offseason

How dumb is this Flacco contract? 4 good games in a row and suddenly a guy who has been an average QB for his entire career is the highest paid QB in the league?

I wonder how much Flacco would be getting paid and where he'd be if it wasn't for that safety's brain fart.

http://epitomeofmasculinity.blogspot.com/

@EofMasculinity
The first undisputed OO draft champion of the world

Get the pistons pumping and let the pigeons loose on my yambag

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12823
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 3-6-2013 at 06:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hell, his contract would've been less if the Ravens didn't win the Super Bowl. Being MVP of the Super Bowl can do wonders for a guy at the end of his contract.

It's less dumb, more perfect timing for Flacco. He stepped up and produced the exact time he really needed to step up and produce. It's like closing that multi-million dollar deal for your company right before your annual review.

I think the ridiculous rookie contracts for top draft picks are dumber.

[Edited on 3-6-2013 by salmonjunkie]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

Mood: partypartyparty

posted on 3-6-2013 at 06:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Rookie contracts are pretty reasonable actually now under the new CBA. The ones before we beyond stupid though, I think Sam Bradford was a top 5 paid QB when he signed or something like that, Jake Long had a crazy one too.

That's racism man! I love to racism bro!

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3951
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 3-6-2013 at 07:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theflammablemanimal
How dumb is this Flacco contract? 4 good games in a row and suddenly a guy who has been an average QB for his entire career is the highest paid QB in the league?

I wonder how much Flacco would be getting paid and where he'd be if it wasn't for that safety's brain fart.

Like sex.... timing is everything.

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12823
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 3-12-2013 at 04:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Which WR will have the bigger impact in their new team? Percy Harvin (Seahawks) or Anquain Boldin (49ers)?
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
DevilSoprano
Pee Wee's Plaything

Posts 8022
Registered 11-16-2002

Mood:

posted on 3-13-2013 at 04:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Boldin because it's a stacked team and Harvin's going to have to be a #1 guy and he's never stayed healthy enough to be that.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   DevilSoprano 's Aim   DevilSoprano 's Yahoo
OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3951
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 3-13-2013 at 11:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DevilSoprano
Boldin because it's a stacked team and Harvin's going to have to be a #1 guy and he's never stayed healthy enough to be that.

Because the Niners are so good, I think Harvin will have a bigger impact. The Seahawks have more room to improve, do I think they will be better than the Niners? Only if they figure out a way to stop the read option.

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

DevilSoprano
Pee Wee's Plaything

Posts 8022
Registered 11-16-2002

Mood:

posted on 3-13-2013 at 05:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Harvin will have to play more than 10 games and I don't think he can.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   DevilSoprano 's Aim   DevilSoprano 's Yahoo
theflammablemanimal
American Dream

Posts 7586
Registered 9-2-2008

Mood:

posted on 3-13-2013 at 09:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Harvin in a read option with Wilson could be damn good.

But how about the Jets signing Garrard? Idiots.

@EofMasculinity

mooseheadjack

Posts 10512
Registered 5-13-2002
Location over here

Mood: plotting evil

posted on 3-13-2013 at 11:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
now they have three QB's who can't play! Well four if you count whatever his name was from Alabama. Maybe they can hire Vince Young then petition the NFL to allow them to use all five QB's at once in the hope of completing a pass

My personal fuck-off list: 1. Tony Romo 2. Eli Manning 3. The New York Yankees 4. LeBron James 5. Kobe Bryant 6. SEC Fans 7. The SEC 8. the Political Right 9. religion 10. Almost everything the WWE does

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   mooseheadjack 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
atothej
The Great One

Posts 3058
Registered 12-21-2002
Location Philly

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 3-13-2013 at 11:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

With the exception of last year, Harvin has played more than 10 games every single year he's been a pro. Why do you think he's all of a sudden more fragile than before?

Also, keep in mind that his most consistent problem has been migraines and he now lives in a state with legal weed. Given the hilarious "randomness" of NFL tests (players given notice), he should be able to avoid suspension should he choose to partake and, given his history, that is a very likely possibility.

Your momma's so fat, Dave Meltzer gave her struggling to put her jeans on in the morning five stars. -- FF

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   atothej 's Aim
theflammablemanimal
American Dream

Posts 7586
Registered 9-2-2008

Mood:

posted on 3-14-2013 at 12:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pats couldn't give us one day to laugh at losing Welker before signing amendola? Won't skip a beat.

@EofMasculinity

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2533
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 3-14-2013 at 09:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

...I Dig it...and i'm stealing it for my facebook!

ZING!~

cromartie
And I am AWESOME

Posts 107
Registered 7-15-2006

Mood:

posted on 4-8-2013 at 03:53 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by atothej
quote:

With the exception of last year, Harvin has played more than 10 games every single year he's been a pro. Why do you think he's all of a sudden more fragile than before?

Also, keep in mind that his most consistent problem has been migraines and he now lives in a state with legal weed. Given the hilarious "randomness" of NFL tests (players given notice), he should be able to avoid suspension should he choose to partake and, given his history, that is a very likely possibility.

All kidding aside about medical marijuana, it turns out that standard sleep apnea treatment, including, I read somewhere occasional use of a CPAP machine, has cured Harvin of his apnea.

While Boldin is an upgrade over Randy Moss and has the ability to help the Niners in the short/intermediate game, particularly between the numbers, I'll take Harvin, who has the speed and versatility to fit into the Seahawks offense that the Donut Thief and Doug Baldwin lack. Plus, Harvin played in a variation of this offense at Florida. He's a considerably more useful of a chess piece in an offense than Boldin is, and younger as well.

cromartie
And I am AWESOME

Posts 107
Registered 7-15-2006

Mood:

posted on 4-8-2013 at 03:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Pats couldn't give us one day to laugh at losing Welker before signing amendola? Won't skip a beat.

Michael Jenkins and Donald Jones are lining up opposite of him at this point. While I certainly respect the TEs, It would be nice to have one more quality option that's better than those two for Tom Brady to throw to, you know?

theflammablemanimal
American Dream

Posts 7586
Registered 9-2-2008

Mood:

posted on 4-14-2013 at 02:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
They're not getting Emmanuele Sanders?

@EofMasculinity

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7462
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 4-26-2013 at 08:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Did the NFL really think there was a good chance that the Patriots were going to stay put that they could plan a tribute to Boston predicated on them being at that spot? I just feel bad for the guy who showed up, because he clearly was prepared to give that special Patriots jersey to someone.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9489
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 6-11-2013 at 08:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
No Tebow-to-Patriots talk?

I mean, it's only the biggest NFL story since, well, EVER.

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7462
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 6-11-2013 at 09:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I just find it funny that sports writers have stated Tebow wasn't be given a chance because of the "media circus" that it brings. And those same writers have at written at least four or five stories about Tebow being signed to compete for a spot as the third QB.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9489
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 6-12-2013 at 12:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I just love ESPN's continued rampant hypocrisy of basically denouncing the "media circus that Tim Tebow doesn't ask for" whilst being the ringleaders of it.

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3095
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

Mood: Stoked

posted on 6-13-2013 at 03:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It's probably the best possible situation Tebow ever could have been put in. He's no threat to supplant Brady, so his fans can shut up about him starting. In the meantime, he can learn how to play as an NFL QB by backing up one of the best ever. If he can't get better with Brady, then it won't happen with anyone (like what would have happened if he'd stayed with Denver backing up Manning). Now he doesn't have to be the savior for a hopeless franchise like Jacksonville, and if he really does suck that bad then Belichick will just get rid of him. It's a win-win for everyone involved.
gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9489
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 6-13-2013 at 06:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'd also like to throw in the possibility that Bellichick will just get so fucking sick of being asked Tebow questions that he'll cut him to save himself the trouble.

theflammablemanimal
American Dream

Posts 7586
Registered 9-2-2008

Mood:

posted on 6-18-2013 at 02:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Tebow is going to score 3 TDs against the Jets. Bellichick will make sure of it.

@EofMasculinity

Cherokee Jack
The Rowdy One

Posts 2020
Registered 2-24-2009
Location New Orleans, LA

Mood:

posted on 6-20-2013 at 01:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So the Falcons have officially revealed the design for their new stadium. I hadn't heard that Jeb went into architecture:

I'm Cherokee Jack!

denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3095
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

Mood: Stoked

posted on 6-20-2013 at 03:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Tebow is going to score 3 TDs against the Jets. Bellichick will make sure of it.

Probably as a tight end.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top