Dwight D. Eisenhower
Fella

Posts 257
Registered 3-8-2003
Location Washington, D.C.

Mood: Broken hearted

posted on 4-23-2003 at 04:08 PM Edit Post
Well, well, well, well.
What an interesting first round. The Leafs don't show for the biggest game of the season (BFG--sorry pal, they showed no desire, commitment or heart in Game Seven). The Canucks advance. The Avs go out. Wow.

What we are seeing here is the passing of the torch from one elite generation of goaltenders to the next. With the notable exception of Martin Brodeur, the seven remaining goaltenders are all short on playoff experience: Cloutier, Fernandez, Giguere, Turco, Cechmanek, Khabibulin, and Lalime.

And where are the great old guns--Belfour, Roy, Osgood, CuJo? All of CPDevine's postulating about how great Belfour is disappeared. 6-1 in Game fucking seven.

It's a great day to be a hockey fan, and an even greater day to be a fan of one of the emerging teams like Vancouver.

Have fun golfing, TO.
Ike

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

Mood: Cock-sure

posted on 4-23-2003 at 04:12 PM Edit Post
I heard a streeter on the radio today, recorded after the 'Nucks game last night.

"The Blues went home in a body bag!! Minnesota, YOU'RE DEAD!!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Who wants soup?

Dwight D. Eisenhower
Fella

Posts 257
Registered 3-8-2003

posted on 4-23-2003 at 04:18 PM Edit Post
Heehee!
Vancouver's going to Katie Vick those Twin City assholes!
Ike

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7945
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 4-23-2003 at 04:41 PM Edit Post
I still stand by my point that Vancouver is a one line team...so, if they don't develope depth, they are fucked...

Oh, and tell me how Belfour can be blamed for goals 1 through 3??? He didn't steal the game for them...but they didn't lose because of him.

Oh, and Chezmanek and Lalime do have experience...just in losing horribly...and I'm sure that Phoenix made the playoffs with the Buhlin-wall in net as well.

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

Mood: Cock-sure

posted on 4-23-2003 at 04:49 PM Edit Post
Goalie, I think you are dead wrong about Vancouver being a 1 line team. The Linden line was every bit as productive against St louis as the Naslund line.

Not to mention Crawford was switching it up and putting the twins with Bert, or with Klatt or sticking Lindin with Naslund or whathaveyou.

Now that the Maple Laughs are out, you should tune in to some of the Vancouver games to get an idea of what I am talking about.

Who wants soup?

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7945
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 4-23-2003 at 04:59 PM Edit Post
I've watched Nuck games all year...when the top line is clicking (even if they aren't scoring but getting chances and what have you) then they play good. The other lines take advantage of the opposition getting beat up by the big guys.

But if the top line doesn't play well, the other lines come across as being average at best.

They have an average goalie, a couple of really good defensemen, and one really good line...does this make them Stanley cup contenders??? Yes...does it mean they are as good of a team as Dallas??? Not sure...

Dwight D. Eisenhower
Fella

Posts 257
Registered 3-8-2003

posted on 4-23-2003 at 05:23 PM Edit Post
What's worng with your best players being your best players?
My point about goaltending is that this new generation, including Cloutier, have had little success until now---the torch has been passed.
And time has passed the Leafs by.

Ike

cpdevine1
The Great One

Posts 3305
Registered 10-26-2002
Location nowhere fun

Mood: in utter disbel

posted on 4-25-2003 at 02:30 AM Edit Post
I have to agree with the assessment that Vancouver is a one line team...just look at these playoffs as an example, when the top line wasn't producing, they fell 3 games to one, then as soon as those three started getting goals, boom, they are back in it and win.

Vancouver can go as far, but only as far as Naslund Bertuzzi and Morrison take them.

As far as the Leafs, it was a dissapointment to see them fall like they did, but I look at it like this, they fell in seven games to a team that was better then them, had home advantage, and played better when it counted.

I will now say what Leaf fans have been saying every year...maybe next year.

cpdevine1
The Great One

Posts 3305
Registered 10-26-2002
Location nowhere fun

Mood: in utter disbel

posted on 4-25-2003 at 02:30 AM Edit Post
I have to agree with the assessment that Vancouver is a one line team...just look at these playoffs as an example, when the top line wasn't producing, they fell 3 games to one, then as soon as those three started getting goals, boom, they are back in it and win.

Vancouver can go as far, but only as far as Naslund Bertuzzi and Morrison take them.

As far as the Leafs, it was a dissapointment to see them fall like they did, but I look at it like this, they fell in seven games to a team that was better then them, had home advantage, and played better when it counted.

I will now say what Leaf fans have been saying every year...maybe next year.

<<  3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top