New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: NHL Playoffs
MrJustinB
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1636
Registered 1-18-2003

Mood: Blue and Orange

posted on 4-17-2003 at 06:39 AM Edit Post
Whoa, didn't even think about Cujo. Amazing. This series jsut means so much to the spectrum of these playoffs. Like, literally, with how this round is going, anyone can take it.

"I want to make this shit cool again." - CM Punk

cpdevine1
The Great One

Posts 3305
Registered 10-26-2002
Location nowhere fun

Mood: in utter disbel

posted on 4-17-2003 at 01:07 PM Edit Post
Na Na Na....hey hey hey good bye

Gotta say, regardless of how the Leafs do, I have to be happy because Cujo is out of the playoffs. He left Toronto to get a cup, and he gets swept first round.

I know it wasn't his fault, he playe dman good and Detroit put up practically no offense, but you know Cujo will be the whipping boy, and after the way he left the Leafs, This Leafs fan says he deserves everything he gets.

Taking the other side of the coin, I know why he left, I understand he wanted to win before he retires and he has fewer games ahead of him than behind him. Detroit theoretically had a better chance so that's why he went there. I can understand it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

ON to the Leafs game last night. Belfour was awesome...70+ shots and he only gives up 3. Now if the Leafs could only score...wait, if the leafs could only dress 3 healthy lines...then maybe they could be onto something. Mogilny being out really hurt them. Leafs needed that win last night. 3-1 is a much better advantage than 2-2. Now it's anyones game, with the Flyers having home advantage. I don't like this.

MrJustinB
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1636
Registered 1-18-2003

Mood: Blue and Orange

posted on 4-17-2003 at 04:21 PM Edit Post
Top that all off with the fact the Flyers won in a long overtime game, given them the mental advantage.

I say it goes to 7 games at this point, and that the Flyers take the next game to go up 3-2.

"I want to make this shit cool again." - CM Punk

AriestheRam
Showstopper

Posts 566
Registered 3-27-2003
Location Madison, WI

Mood: Cold

posted on 4-17-2003 at 08:31 PM Edit Post
Avs go up 3-1 and Detroit gets swept out of the playoffs on the same night. Life in Colorado is good right now. Now its time to polish off the Wild on our home ice and move on.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   AriestheRam 's Aim   AriestheRam 's Yahoo
metallikid
The Immortal One

Posts 4898
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Orlando, Florida

Mood: Super

posted on 4-18-2003 at 12:30 AM Edit Post
I'm hoping the Devils look better tonight. I don't think Broduer can lose 4 games in a row but the playoffs scare me and I don't want the Bruins gaining any momentum. Shut em down boys. GO DEVILS! GO ISLES!!!(I still gotta give them love, they'll need it in Ottawa)

It's Great to be a Florida Gator!

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

Mood: Cock-sure

posted on 4-18-2003 at 06:41 AM Edit Post
The Senators made it through the first round. Thats it, they have broken the seal! Eastern confrence beware! The Sens are thru singin. Now they be BRINGIN!!!!!

Who wants soup?

Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

Mood: partypartyparty

posted on 4-18-2003 at 07:30 AM Edit Post
Damn straight! I think the best sign for them is that all of their top names are producing. But you know what? I have a gut feeling that they still will lose Game 1 of the next series, regardless of who it's against. But I'm loving the Sens chances to keep rolling. Whoever wins the Flyers/Leafs series will have taken a pummeling, and both teams rely a lot of some older, beaten up bodies as it is. Go Sens!

That's racism man! I love to racism bro!

metallikid
The Immortal One

Posts 4898
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Orlando, Florida

Mood: Super

posted on 4-18-2003 at 02:53 PM Edit Post
I think the East comes down to New Jersey and Ottawa. Both have great team speed and both have great goalies. Lalime will have to outplay Broduer for Ottawa to win and that can happen. I hope Toronto wins their series because Philly is a team that scares me. Their defense sucks in the playoffs but damn they have a lot of offense.

In the West I think Colorado is the new team to beat now that the Red Wings are gone. Dallas has to prove themselves and the Ducks have to continue their winning ways. Still is anybody's guess at the Finals but if I had to predict I'd say New Jersey and Colorado one more time.

It's Great to be a Florida Gator!

Dwight D. Eisenhower
Fella

Posts 257
Registered 3-8-2003
Location Washington, D.C.

Mood: Broken hearted

posted on 4-19-2003 at 05:20 PM Edit Post
Vancouver's hanging tough... if the Blues are as banged up as it seems, and the flu really is raging, then maybe... just maybe...
Game Seven?

2HoT--whacha think? Testify, brutha!
Ike

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

posted on 4-19-2003 at 05:48 PM Edit Post
I think the Canucks have come back from 3 - 1 down before to win in 7 so I am gonna say hell yeah they can do it again.

They really need to get their shit together tho. I dont think they should have let the Blues back in it last night.

I want to see dominance and i am just not seeing it.

Who wants soup?

cpdevine1
The Great One

Posts 3305
Registered 10-26-2002
Location nowhere fun

posted on 4-19-2003 at 05:56 PM Edit Post
Something good out of last night besides the win, they got goals from their top line. If those three are going good, then there is no reason why Vancouver can't come back and win it.

Now if my Leafs could start scoring

Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

posted on 4-19-2003 at 11:00 PM Edit Post
Alright Leafs fans (bfg and cp), get your fucking excuses lined up. You've got a couple of days to come up with a bunch.

cpdevine1
The Great One

Posts 3305
Registered 10-26-2002
Location nowhere fun

posted on 4-20-2003 at 01:31 PM Edit Post
Hows this for an excuse...The Leafs got outplayed, outmatched, outwitted, outshot, beat up, didn't capitalize on their powerplay, gave up stupid penalties at bad times, played horrible defense, had no offense and relied too much on Belfour.

I am sure I missed some

They could possibly come back and win two in row, it's not out of the realm of possibility, but they have to play %100 different then they have the rest of the series.

I said it once, I'll say it again....I don't like this.

cpdevine1
The Great One

Posts 3305
Registered 10-26-2002
Location nowhere fun

posted on 4-20-2003 at 01:50 PM Edit Post
BTW...how about them Oilers.
2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

posted on 4-20-2003 at 05:20 PM Edit Post
It really sucks but I gotta say, I hope that Dallas runs in to the same Anaheim team that Detroit did.

My only concern right now is the state of the Orca.

Who wants soup?

Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

posted on 4-20-2003 at 08:48 PM Edit Post
If the comment about the Oilers was a jab at me, try again. I don't think anyone is feeling bad about the Oil losing to the Stars. The Oilers are a team about everything that's right about hockey. They play hard all the time (if not smart). They're young, fast, and have tremendous heart. They kept up to one of the favorites for the Cup with a payroll about 1/3 of the Leafs. So yeah, I'm pretty sure that Oilers fans are pretty proud of that team, and what MacTavish and Lowe did with them.

Although it was nice to see a Leafs fan just say that they were outplayed. Even Quinn wasn't complaining yesterday about refs or anything, just about how the team has no balls.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7945
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 4-20-2003 at 11:21 PM Edit Post
The worst thing about the Leafs is they could have won that game. If Tucker hadn't of tossed the puck, then the Flyers wouldn't have gotten the momentum going their way...

Or if Mogilny or Sundin had of scored on those rushes...eh....

The point is that The Leafs play like crap and still are one of the top 10 teams in the NHL year after year...if they ever figure out how to play together and stay healthy they could win the cup...

Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

posted on 4-21-2003 at 01:09 AM Edit Post
I wouldn't call them one of the top 10 teams this year. They are the fifth seed in the much weaker Eastern Conference. Top 10 is debatable, especially this season where they just had so many games where they were thoroughly outplayed, despite supposedly having a higher talent level. I thought Belfour would do them in, but damn, if it wasn't for him, that team would have been an 8 seed.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7945
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

posted on 4-21-2003 at 02:22 AM Edit Post
Top 8 out West...Dallas, Detroit, Colorado, Vancouver, St. Louis, Minnesota, Anaheim, Edmonton...

Top 8 in the East...Ottawa, NJ, Tampa, Philly, Toronto, Washington, Boston, NYI...

Overall Toronto was 9th in points...in general, to be in the NHL's top 10, The Leafs need toi be better then merely 6 teams...I'd suggest that in the regular season Toronto put up better numbers then Tampa, Washington, Boston, NYI, Minnesota, Anaheim, and Edmonton...that would make Toronto the 9th best team in the NHL...

Of the 16 teams that made the playoffs, Toronto was 8th in goals for, and were tied for 9th in goals against with Vancouver...

Really, I get you don't like the Leafs...that is fine...but look at the numbers...Toronto was easily one of the top 10 teams in the league...Oh, and the Leafs did have a winning record against the West...

And btw, I think Vancouver would have been near last overall without Naslund...Jersey would be in shit without Brodeur and so on...star players are star players because they make teams better...

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

posted on 4-21-2003 at 03:32 AM Edit Post
well I am going to actually read all these posts later and come up with a witty retort for that completely crap filled remark about Vancouver. All I know is that Vancouver has clawed their way back into this series with the blues and have all the momentum going in to game 7.

How are the Leafs doing? Oh thats right...

Who wants soup?

Dwight D. Eisenhower
Fella

Posts 257
Registered 3-8-2003
Location Washington, D.C.

Mood: Broken hearted

posted on 4-21-2003 at 03:44 AM Edit Post
BFG--you're a jackass if you think Vancouver would have been that low.

quote:

The Oilers are a team about everything that's right about hockey.

What? Bounced in the first round? Trading every player as they enter prominence? Good job, Oil!

Vancouver by gawd wooooooo! 2HoT, I was in the lowest of the lows after Game 5, but now I'm riding high.

Ike

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

posted on 4-21-2003 at 03:59 AM Edit Post
Thats what life in an abusive relationship is like tho. I am not gonna get too psyched up till that final buzzer.

I lied.

Its fargin cool BY GAWD!!!!

Who wants soup?

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7945
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

posted on 4-21-2003 at 04:16 AM Edit Post
Vancouver that low??? HUH??? Geez, they played 82 games and let in the exact same amopunt as goals as Toronto...how DAE I say that Vancouver and Toronto were tied for 9th in the league in goals against...

DAMN ME AND MY USE OF FACTS!!!

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

posted on 4-21-2003 at 04:23 AM Edit Post
I was not refering to your use of facts I was refering to your statement about Naslund.

Where would the leafs be without Belfore.

I think it involves an action used for cleaning floors.

Who wants soup?

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7945
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

posted on 4-21-2003 at 04:45 AM Edit Post
They would be in deep shit...I agreed with that part...

my point was on me having "Vancouver so low" on the GAA scale...it's facts that the Canucks were no better then the leafs in that department...

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top