The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Michael Bay to make a new "Teenage Alien" movie
chretienbabacool
The Great One

Posts 3406
Registered 3-5-2003
Location Columbia, MO

Mood: Go Cubs!

posted on 3-20-2012 at 05:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Michael Bay to make a new "Teenage Alien" movie

Since they're aliens, they can't be turtles and they're no longer mutated and not ninjas since ninjitsu is specific to Earth:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/03/19/michael-bay-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-aliens/?hpt=hp_t2

quote:
“These turtles are from an alien race, and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely loveable.”

I dunno it's not like TMNT was high theater but seriously fuck Bay.

Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12385
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 3-20-2012 at 05:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Did I personally do something to offend Bay, or does he really just like smearing his ugly nutsack across everything fun and nostalgic?

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

Stu
Caledonian Crippler

Posts 3548
Registered 5-17-2005
Location Glasgow, Scotland

Mood: Scottish

posted on 3-23-2012 at 01:53 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
http://www.theonion.com/articles/michael-bay-signs-50m-deal-to-fuck-up-thundercats,2702/
Just a matter of time. Also I love the comment I read somewhere: "Spoilers for Transformers 4: Optimus is revealed to not come from space, he's just a semi truck that came into contact with some green ooze".

[Edited on 23-3-12 by Stu]

"WWE's like Sable's f***y: it's not been any good since 1998, and it's been fucked by Vince McMahon"-Billy Kirkwood

Flash
The Rowdy One

Posts 2247
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Brantford, Ontario

Mood:

posted on 3-23-2012 at 02:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'd really like to see someone take a run at the Ninja turtles in animation again, but something more adult-ish along the lines of what Paul Dini and Bruce Timm did with the DCAU stuff, or what Greg Weisman is doing with Young Justice, or some of the Marvel guys who's names escape me (Yost?)... fun enough for kids, but a more subtle adult plot lines with continuity.

I thought the Ninja turtles were fun when I was younger, but when I got a bit older and discovered some of Eastman and Laird's original stuff it was a bit of a revelation with how violent it was... Mutant bloodsuckers instead of beebop, or a reincarnated Shredder made of earth worms, travel to other planets... Basically pretty much what you would expect from a guy who now owns Heavy Metal and regularily porks Julie Strain.

Which reminds me, I was watching the original 1989 (or whenever) live action movie not too long ago, and was stunned to see a young Sam Rockwell in the movie as one of the foot.

theflammablemanimal
American Dream

Posts 7586
Registered 9-2-2008

Mood:

posted on 3-23-2012 at 03:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
How does that movie hold up? Totally fun when I was a kid

http://epitomeofmasculinity.blogspot.com/

@EofMasculinity
The first undisputed OO draft champion of the world

Get the pistons pumping and let the pigeons loose on my yambag

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 11004
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: Authoritized

posted on 3-23-2012 at 08:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flash
I'd really like to see someone take a run at the Ninja turtles in animation again, but something more adult-ish along the lines of what Paul Dini and Bruce Timm did with the DCAU stuff, or what Greg Weisman is doing with Young Justice, or some of the Marvel guys who's names escape me (Yost?)... fun enough for kids, but a more subtle adult plot lines with continuity.

I thought the Ninja turtles were fun when I was younger, but when I got a bit older and discovered some of Eastman and Laird's original stuff it was a bit of a revelation with how violent it was... Mutant bloodsuckers instead of beebop, or a reincarnated Shredder made of earth worms, travel to other planets... Basically pretty much what you would expect from a guy who now owns Heavy Metal and regularily porks Julie Strain.

Which reminds me, I was watching the original 1989 (or whenever) live action movie not too long ago, and was stunned to see a young Sam Rockwell in the movie as one of the foot.

Did you watch the Ninja Turtles cartoon from 2003? It was "grittier" than the 1987 show. Apparently there's a new cartoon coming to Nickelodeon this year as well.

Also, check out Turtles Forever. A TV movie where the 1987 Turtle meet the 2003 Turtles. Pretty fun times. Even a throwback to the comic book Turtles near the end.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
Flash
The Rowdy One

Posts 2247
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Brantford, Ontario

Mood:

posted on 3-25-2012 at 05:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theflammablemanimal
How does that movie hold up? Totally fun when I was a kid

The first one holds up pretty decently... I mean there's still some pretty over the top spots (like Splinter doing kung fu in his cage...), but its almost with a wink at the camera, and not something that falls flat on its face. MC Hammer's "Turtle Power" is still pretty damned catchy... (and while never played is probably right up there with "You've got the touch" by Stan Bush as one of a couple of songs that instantly transforms me back to childhood.)

The other movies... not so much. I bought the three pack for my nieces a year back and those started to just feel like cash ins. The Vanilla ice spot is funny for all of 2 seconds for nostalgia's sake, but afterwards it just felt like Hollywood trying to marry together a bunch of stuff that was big at the time and cash in. I did however enjoy the animated movie they did a few years ago... that was a nice trip back to childhood.

Hey Salmon, thanks for the info, I'll have to see what I can find. I like the animation style. I had no idea that they had done other stuff with the Turtles beyond the 80's stuff and I think a fairly recent revival (?). I know the Turtles have kind of suffered with trying to stay relevant (such as I do believe in the last few years they killed off Michaelangelo and made Donatello kind of a cyborg in the comics?) but the whole space alien thing just seems needless to me... kinda like Highlander II when they made all the immortals secretly aliens.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top