The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Booker T's pre-match promo...
markout
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1300
Registered 1-4-2002
Location Elsewhere

Mood: Zen-tastic

posted on 12-3-2002 at 03:06 AM Edit Post
Booker T's pre-match promo...

They've got him making dick jokes. Super...

Do NOT fuck with my chi.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7922
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 12-3-2002 at 03:11 AM Edit Post
The REALLY sad part is this...Booker T isn't all that funny...

markout
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1300
Registered 1-4-2002
Location Elsewhere

posted on 12-3-2002 at 03:23 AM Edit Post
And it leads to him jobbing to Jericho. Chalk another one up for the WWE creative team!! They know how to build stars!!!

On a related note...Brak...er...Batista gets another squash.

"Workrate, seniority, a Jedi WWE Writer needs not these things."

Do NOT fuck with my chi.

Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4503
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood: Careworn

posted on 12-3-2002 at 07:47 AM Edit Post
While I don't have a problem with Bookers penis promo. I do think its silly to start talking about Bautists being in foster homes. Oh well, perhaps it'll go somewhere...

The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Eli 's Aim   Eli 's Yahoo
Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

Mood: partypartyparty

posted on 12-3-2002 at 08:33 AM Edit Post
I'm thinking the Baustista lived in foster homes thing is just to get over whyt he's so angry. I don't have a problem with that I guess.

I DEFINITELY am getting tired of Booker telling stupid, corny, cheesy jokes though.

"8 mile"? "Stuart Little"? Brutal.

That's racism man! I love to racism bro!

Bud Ellock
Banned

Posts 70
Registered 11-7-2002

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 12-3-2002 at 09:00 AM Edit Post
No offense to any of the Raw talent, but tonight's show sucked major a$$. Triple H wins again, two women's matches, the Women's Champion (a supposed "Sycho Sid" monster type) JOBS to a simple kick to a talent (albeit not over) superstar from Texas, the over (and talented) star from Texas gets to JOB again, we get Val Venis in a EXTRA LAME commish role, Bischoff looks more like a wrench (Interstate 82 line) every week. It seems like everybody that got over last week on Raw was buried this week. If it was for a purpose, I'd see it -- but nothing that happened tonight -- outside of Triple H winning a shot to face "Shawn Michaels" again for the Triple H memorial belt seemed to matter.

Of course, Vince Russo is here to save "wrestling" and probably will give us an even "shitter" product we'd have to pay money to see. Meanwhile, Steiner goes to Smackdown (maybe not) and I cannot spell 'feuds' with who?

If it wasn't for Kurt Angle on Smackdown, I'd almost stop watching this crap altogether.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cpdevine1
The Great One

Posts 3305
Registered 10-26-2002
Location nowhere fun

Mood: in utter disbel

posted on 12-3-2002 at 01:51 PM Edit Post
The pre-match promo I didn't think was all that funny, but the match itself was okay. Actually after it turned into a tag match it got real interesting with alot of near pins. The crowd seemed really into it.

I am still waiting for them to put Booker into a big singles push. Him tagging with Goldust is okay, but they got to give Booker some gold eventually. I know he can be better on the mic then he was last night, they just have to write better lines for him.

Brett
rOOkie

Posts 36
Registered 11-20-2002

posted on 12-3-2002 at 03:43 PM Edit Post
Booker T has the mic skills of the racially-challenged ex-convict that he is. This lack of mic skills (as demonstrated on the 12/2 Raw) will most likely forever keep any important title off his waist.

http://www.onlineonslaught.com/OOForums/viewthread.php?tid=266

Timmy
Showstopper

Posts 751
Registered 5-22-2002
Location Eastbourne, UK

Mood: Touchy

posted on 12-3-2002 at 04:26 PM Edit Post
"Racially-challenged". Don't quite get that, please explain.

PSN: grovsie

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Brett
rOOkie

Posts 36
Registered 11-20-2002

posted on 12-3-2002 at 05:15 PM Edit Post
He's a colored fellow.
Timmy
Showstopper

Posts 751
Registered 5-22-2002
Location Eastbourne, UK

posted on 12-3-2002 at 05:42 PM Edit Post
Gotcha.

I do like his mug shot, he looks so happy!

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Laner
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1835
Registered 1-8-2002
Location Uptown

Mood:

posted on 12-3-2002 at 09:44 PM Edit Post
Sorry, that's nonsense. His promos with HHH a few weeks ago were gold.

markout
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1300
Registered 1-4-2002
Location Elsewhere

posted on 12-3-2002 at 10:27 PM Edit Post
Booker T can cut a fantastic straight-to-the-point-I'm-gonna-kick-ass-and-take-names promo. They just don't let him.

If we want to discuss god awful promos keeping gold off someone's waist, I give you RVD. His little "chat" with HBK was foul.

Do NOT fuck with my chi.

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12817
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 12-3-2002 at 10:40 PM Edit Post
I dunno about you, but that crowd was really into the Book/Dust vs Christian/Chris match. What a huge pop it was when Dust (or was it Book?) had the 2.75 on Jericho.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4503
Registered 1-4-2002

posted on 12-4-2002 at 12:02 AM Edit Post
That Austin crowd was hot all night. It makes so much of a difference when the fans are into it. I guess Te-has loves their rasslin.'

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Eli 's Aim   Eli 's Yahoo
Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

posted on 12-4-2002 at 01:35 AM Edit Post
You're right about that Eli. I didn't particularly notice that the crowd was hot last night, but to be honest, I didn't bother paying much attention to the show last night in most spots. But a good crowd can make a bad show average, and a good show great. And a bad crowd can turn a good show into crap pretty quickly too. I'm not trying to flaunt my Canadian-ness here, but generally I've found that Canadian crowds are usually pretty good for that in particular, probably because we get so few shows up here, we get pumped like crazy for live tv. There's DEFINITELY certain cities that are better than others in the WWE live show rotation.

Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4503
Registered 1-4-2002

posted on 12-4-2002 at 03:47 AM Edit Post
Hell, your talking about a fans that basically turned Hogan face in one night. Shit, the fed had no choice after that Toronto crowd reaction at WMX-8. Canucks love their rasslin thats fo damn sure.

markout
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1300
Registered 1-4-2002
Location Elsewhere

posted on 12-4-2002 at 04:50 AM Edit Post
Of course it helped that Booker T was from Texas...and I'd say Goldust aka Dustin "Son of the Dream" Runnels probably draws a little water there as well. But y'all got it right when you say Texans and Canadians can light it up from the stands. Not like we Detroiters whose apathy for Ken Shamrock necessitated his heel turn a few years back.

Do NOT fuck with my chi.

ConcreteTG
The Great One

Posts 3613
Registered 10-6-2002
Location sitting on a guardrail

Mood: Heroic

posted on 12-4-2002 at 07:43 AM Edit Post
Looking at the wrong problems here

I don't hear anyone complaining about some other issues (and for the record, I thought Booker T was quite funny).....

-Hurricane in a jobber role? wasupwiddat?
-Batista's backstory is crap
-What happened to Flair wanted to "Ride to the top" with HHH? does he jump ship as soon as HHH loses the belt? How Heyman of you, Mr. Flair
-Kane is being punished by a de-push ALL BECAUSE OF SOME ASININE WRITER!

People, please... we need to focus on some more important things here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   ConcreteTG 's Aim
Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

posted on 12-4-2002 at 08:20 AM Edit Post
"Hurricane in a jobber role? wasupwiddat?"
He's 150 pounds.
"Batista's backstory is crap"
It is an attempt to give him the angry man thing- pissed at the world
"What happened to Flair wanted to "Ride to the top" with HHH? does he jump ship as soon as HHH loses the belt? How Heyman of you, Mr. Flair"
Flair was standing right behind HHH when HHH was bitching to Bischoff about having to fight for #1 contender. He also came out for the HHH match, but was sent back to the locker room by HBK.
"Kane is being punished by a de-push ALL BECAUSE OF SOME ASININE WRITER!"
Kane is not being punished, he's just not a guy that should be main eventing 2 or 3 months in a row.

How's that for focus?

Brett
rOOkie

Posts 36
Registered 11-20-2002

posted on 12-4-2002 at 02:06 PM Edit Post
quote:

Booker T can cut a fantastic straight-to-the-point-I'm-gonna-kick-ass-and-take-names promo.

Precisely. This is exactly the type of promo a negro ex-convict would cut, because it's the way he talks in real life.

But, aren't we exposed to Afro-American ex-convicts enough in real life (at least in the good ol' USA)? Do we really need one wearing a championship belt in the one place we can go to escape the miserable disgusting reality of real life.

Timmy
Showstopper

Posts 751
Registered 5-22-2002
Location Eastbourne, UK

posted on 12-4-2002 at 02:17 PM Edit Post
White Power!!!!!

Ever seen American History X?

ConcreteTG
The Great One

Posts 3613
Registered 10-6-2002
Location sitting on a guardrail

Mood: Heroic

posted on 12-4-2002 at 04:20 PM Edit Post
"Hurricane in a jobber role? wasupwiddat?"
He's 150 pounds.

Hurricane is over 200 pounds and closer in weight to HBK

"Batista's backstory is crap"
It is an attempt to give him the angry man thing- pissed at the world

It's still weak - and how did Flair know anything about it?

"What happened to Flair wanted to "Ride to the top" with HHH? does he jump ship as soon as HHH loses the belt? How Heyman of you, Mr. Flair"
Flair was standing right behind HHH when HHH was bitching to Bischoff about having to fight for #1 contender. He also came out for the HHH match, but was sent back to the locker room by HBK.

So does HHH know that Flair is farming new talent if they're still technically velcroed at the hip? And if Flair is still HHH's manager, he's the quietest manager I've ever seen.

"Kane is being punished by a de-push ALL BECAUSE OF SOME ASININE WRITER!"
Kane is not being punished, he's just not a guy that should be main eventing 2 or 3 months in a row.

And why isn't he good enough for main eventing? Undertaker supposedly is, and people complain about him, too, but he's still there, the complete modern-day Hulk Hogan.

Kane is just as worthy to main event as Booker T, RVD, and Jericho. His new "freak" personality is well over with the fans, and now WWE is commiting major buzzkill by de-pushing him when the Big Red Machine could be their next Big Red Marketing Machine.

If they don't want him in the main event, then at least kill two birds with one stone and put him and Hurricane back together in the tag division. That combination has too many possibilities to make them both popular. It's almost as silly as the Booker T/Goldust combination.

and if for some reason I'm still wrong about Kane (and I'm sure there's plenty of smarks to correct me), I think his issues, as well as Hurricane's, Booker T's, and a couple of other almost main-events and should-be main eventers wouldn't be so bad if they would at least get a good "B" Belt like the US or IC belt back into the picture.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   ConcreteTG 's Aim
Laner
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1835
Registered 1-8-2002
Location Uptown

Mood:

posted on 12-4-2002 at 05:22 PM Edit Post
quote:
Hurricane is over 200 pounds and closer in weight to HBK

I seem to recall he's about 190 legit.... as I'm 6'1" with more muscle mass and only weigh about 205, that sounds about right.

Milky
And I am AWESOME

Posts 239
Registered 1-24-2002
Location Victoria, BC, Canada

posted on 12-4-2002 at 08:31 PM Edit Post
What exactly was wrong with Booker's little joke? It seems to me that the same people complaining about it now are the guys that used to gut themselves and mark out when DX used to use the same style humour over and over again back in the day. How is Booker any different from HBK or HHH or Road Dogg or Billy Gunn or X-Pac years ago? How about Val Venis' old schtick. "Chyna is the breast damn woman in town." "The Big Valbowski is a lot like..." Same thing in my eyes, anyway.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top