The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Newest Smarkies! I'm so excited... and I just can't hide it... I'm about to lose control and I t
Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

Mood: partypartyparty

posted on 11-22-2002 at 06:21 AM Edit Post
Newest Smarkies! I'm so excited... and I just can't hide it... I'm about to lose control and I t

Well, there's really not much to say that I haven't said about the rest of Cacktoose's column. I am still failing to see how bashing the HHH bashers is a semi-regular column. What is the purpose of the Smarkies exactly? Yes Kyle, we get the idea- people bashing HHH all the time is boring and unoriginal. Well, people bashing the people that bash HHH all the time have gotten boring and unoriginal. For your next column, why not just repost one from the archives and see if anyone notices?

And of course I will respond to your mentioning me in it. Since I've seen you rag on someone for misspelling in a Torch Feedback or something like that, first of all I'll point out that it's the Loch Ness Monster, not Loc Ness. At least have the professionalism to spell-check.

Did anyone else find my posts about what I thought of Maxwell unclear? I'm curious to know where exactly I was "incoherent" about it. I was pretty sure that I made it clear I thought his column was crap.

But I have to admit you made me laugh when you flamed me for the second time about calling you a "fucking tool". Well, I guess I just didn't have the wit to come up with such hilarious and classic putdowns like "loser", "pinhead", and "pea-brained mongloid". Boy, you really touched a nerve on those ones.

And finally, I liked how you made it sound like the positive reaction to last week's column well outweighed the negative. It sounded like I was the only one to really get on your case. Very nice. Except that there was a number of others that made their negative opinions about you known on here. Luckily for me though, you picked me out of the pile and made me feel special.

Ok, I'm done now... so you can go back to your generalizing me. You know, the whole, "Well, he's a smark, so he's probably from West Viriginia, weighs 250 lbs., never touched a woman legally, etc." I'll give this a shot too- since you're an unpaid wrestling columnist, I'll tell you to go back to eating your Kraft Dinner off a hubcap you found while seething that you're not 10% as famous as that fat bastard Scott Keith. And... I'm out.

That's racism man! I love to racism bro!

OO Kyle
The Rowdy One

Posts 2364
Registered 11-21-2002

Mood: McIan-tastic

posted on 11-22-2002 at 03:36 PM Edit Post
furthermore...

I think I'm gonna start quoting Bonestein EVERY week in the Smarkies. He's gonna be my new Official Mascot. I may even start putting "Brought to you by BONESTEIN" in the subhead.
bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7932
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 11-22-2002 at 04:43 PM Edit Post
Quick though...

A guy take a dump in a box and calls it art...it's never been done before...it's something new...

It's original!!!

But then, it's still a bunch of crap in a box.

This isn't saying the Smarkies can't be good. It's like Beavis and Butthead. It's nothing great, but nothing any more stupid then all the other crap that it mocks. Something being "original" does not make it good. It just makes it original.

That's it...

Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

Mood: partypartyparty

posted on 11-22-2002 at 10:52 PM Edit Post
I don't really see how I'm being "insulted" in the Smarkies. Other than Kyle's calling me a "pea-brained mongloid", which I have no problem with. But if you mean because I'm a Smark, ok. But I'm not one who incessantly cries about HHH being given too much screen time, or calling him the devil, or complaining about Raw for the sake of complaining.

That's racism man! I love to racism bro!

Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12571
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 11-23-2002 at 10:40 AM Edit Post
Hey Kyle, if you can't take criticism, don't write. Plain and simple. Bonestein is welcome to his opinion that the Smarkies sucks, just as you are welcome to your opinion that Bonestein sucks. But having Bones become your official "Smarkies mascot" is juvenile, unprofessional, and bordering on Hyatte-ish.
Look, when I was in high school, I was co-editor of the paper, and to make a long story short, I had to write an article about our football team, which was 1-9 that year. The football players, coaches, and their various flunkies were expecting me to paint them as misunderstood superstars who had been cheated out of nine wins. I said in the article that they sucked, although not in those exact words. That, of course, was the truth. Needless to say, the football players, coaches, and their various flunkies were highly cheesed off, and our staff advisor got approximately 75 letters demanding that I be booted from the paper. I myself got several letters which were far less kind. In the next newspaper, I did NOT write an editorial calling the football players "pea-brained mongloids" for disagreeing or not liking what I wrote. Nor did I print quotes from their letters-- and keep in mind, these were the school football players... I could have had a field day with the butchery of the English language that they had commited to paper and given to me. I simply accepted the criticism for what it was-- somebody's differing opinion of my point of view. That's what PROFESSIONAL writers do.
And by the way-- talking in your column about all the positive feedback you get... for Christ's sakes, quit masturbating your ego in public forums, dude. Nobody cares about the ratio of "way to go"s to flame mails you get but you.
You can be a good writer. But nobody... and I sincerely and truly mean NOBODY... wants to see an IWC feud between a columnist and somebody who thinks he sucks. If I want to see that bullshit, I'll read Hyatte
That's my two cents, feel free to mock it or whatever

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4503
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood: Careworn

posted on 11-23-2002 at 10:46 PM Edit Post
Well, it should be stated that Internet writers should be held to lower standards than professional writers because,of course, they don't get paid. So, I think we can be a little more relaxed as far as serious journalistic ethics go. I mean, basically, these are all opinion pieces. So the writers can take whatever course of action they so choose.

The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Eli 's Aim   Eli 's Yahoo
Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12571
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 11-24-2002 at 12:18 PM Edit Post
Granted, Eli, that he isn't exactly writing for the New York Times... but everything he writes DOES reflect on Rick, since Rick chooses to host Kyle's column. That said, Kyle should choose to write with some maturity if for nothing else, respect for Rick

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

New Topic New Poll

go to top