The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Showdown FAQs
OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3946
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 8-5-2011 at 02:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I know this would be more work for you Matte, but with the recent....questionable polling in the Oh So Sweet 16, perhaps you should go with post voting only for the last 3 rounds....

Just a thought.

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4312
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 8-5-2011 at 02:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OOMike
I know this would be more work for you Matte, but with the recent....questionable polling in the Oh So Sweet 16, perhaps you should go with post voting only for the last 3 rounds....

Just a thought.

quote:
Originally posted by Matte on April 16
Voting: It'll be through polls. If you want to post something about the girls, feel free. If not, don't. Fake accounts; whatever. If you want one of these girls to win that badly, no one's going to be checking on who's voting in these polls. If you want to spend your time making a bunch of fake accounts to ensure that your favorite girl wins this no-prize-given showdown, the options open. No chaos will ensue here, my friends.

Granted, Aliass has managed to completely twist the intent of Matte's words in his idiotic blathering of this morning (which I'm sure I'll get around to addressing later on when I have time), but the point remains that Matte's got no desire (nor should he be obligated) to consider anything that adds work/headaches for him.

Rick

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12571
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 8-5-2011 at 02:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OOMike

Just a thought.

I'm on board with that idea. Also, Dev should vote last to curb the spite voting. It's retarded, but obviously people are going to do it because that's the only logical explanation for Victoria to be beating Maddie or for Ivory to be within a 15 vote margin of Melissa.

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

atothej
The Great One

Posts 3058
Registered 12-21-2002
Location Philly

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 8-5-2011 at 02:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Is Good517
I'm on board with that idea. Also, Dev should vote last to curb the spite voting. It's retarded, but obviously people are going to do it because that's the only logical explanation for Victoria to be beating Maddie or for Ivory to be within a 15 vote margin of Melissa.

I love that your defense of Dev trades in the exact kind of wankerdom that leads to spite votes against his position. Kudos!

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   atothej 's Aim
doctorb
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1571
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Where everyone is rich but me

Mood: need coffee

posted on 8-5-2011 at 03:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I find it really sad that people seem to actually be voting against Dev.

What a clusterfuck. Matte, I hope you're not sorry you did this because I'm enjoying it immensely.

As for locking the boards, I'm torn. I would have joined earlier but the boards were locked (so most of you are probably wishing they were never opened) but it seems like the bot to decent newbie ratio has been about 25 to 1 the last year. They should probably be reopened as soon as this contest is over, though.

The "B" is for Bargain!

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3946
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

posted on 8-5-2011 at 05:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I did remember Matte's original rules set forth so long ago, I was just making a suggestion in response to all the drama set off in the Melissa/Ivory poll.

Personally, I never heard of Melissa before this poll, and frankly have voted (once) against her if "I" felt that her opponent was more attractive or one of my personal favorites (Ivory).

Not to cross below the line, but I can see how the political discussion in this country is all fucked up when we have this much arguing over women wrestlers.

Matte - Do what you think is best, I will continue to enjoy the pictures you post and hope for a few NSFW polls in the last couple of rounds.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic Tryon Edwards

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12649
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 8-5-2011 at 05:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Edited to say: I posted all that before reading Matte's original rules of whateverness.

Toodles!

[Edited on 8-5-2011 by salmonjunkie]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
happy_buddha
Fella

Posts 357
Registered 7-18-2005

Mood:

posted on 8-5-2011 at 05:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
For fuck's sake, people. If I knew assholes were going to cheat anyway, Sherri would still be in this...
williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8868
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 8-5-2011 at 09:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Here are the two matchups my evil assholeness may have driven the result:

An early Kat victory. Maybe round 2

Angelina Skeletors recent elimination.

To all the haters of people the king fucked...my apologies.

Same to people who like getting bone splinters when having sex.

Don't Mess With Texas

mastermind
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1154
Registered 3-7-2002
Location Brockton MA

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 8-5-2011 at 10:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Make a rap video about bread and the Dallas Mavericks voting for Kimona or you're banned.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Qonas
Showstopper

Posts 998
Registered 8-7-2002
Location Detroit, MI

Mood: Ragin'

posted on 8-5-2011 at 10:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by happy_buddha
For fuck's sake, people. If I knew assholes were going to cheat anyway, Sherri would still be in this...

If I knew assholes were going to cheat anyway, Rebecca Knox and Lacey would still be in this...

[Edited on 8-5-2011 by Qonas]

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Qonas 's Aim
happy_buddha
Fella

Posts 357
Registered 7-18-2005

Mood:

posted on 8-6-2011 at 12:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
the internet is an ugly place.

[Edited on 8-5-2011 by happy_buddha]

Capellan
Showstopper

Posts 835
Registered 4-10-2005

Mood: Gaming!

posted on 8-6-2011 at 07:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Creating sock accounts to pad votes is kinda sad, and far more effort than I could be bothered with, but not actually against the rules of the competition.

quote:
Originally posted by Matte
Voting: It'll be through polls. If you want to post something about the girls, feel free. If not, don't. Fake accounts; whatever. If you want one of these girls to win that badly, no one's going to be checking on who's voting in these polls. If you want to spend your time making a bunch of fake accounts to ensure that your favorite girl wins this no-prize-given showdown, the options open.

Iron Heroes * My RPG Products

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11529
Registered 12-16-2008

Mood: Tight

posted on 8-6-2011 at 07:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So I've read the advancements in this thread and the Melissa/Ivory thread. If this had happened prior to the Sweet 16, I'd just ignore it completely and move on as if nothing had happened. But since this is the Sweet 16, the point where it looks like some real discussion is going on and unsure-ish-ness of which choice to vote for at first glance is setting in, I'd kind of like the showdown to be as legitimate as it can be from this point on. With that said, I think I'll re-post Melissa/Ivory, Victoria/Madison, Gail/Beth, and Sunny/Lita. All four of those polls may not have been tampered with, but they are all pretty close, so no harm in re-doing all of them, just in case. They'll be posted and left open for a week, along with the previously posted remaining four polls that have decisive, shenanigan-free winners (Trish/Kong, Stacy/Velvet, Mickie/Maria, Molly/Daffney), which means The Elite 8 polls will be posted Sunday the 14th. And by polls, I mean polls.

I have no animosity toward anyone involved in this in any way. If you voted more than once in any of the polls this round or previously and were called out on it, don't think your vote won't be wanted in future rounds. This is a minor inconvenience at worst. This is all for fun, and if some peoples' idea of fun is rigging games to ensure they get their way in the end, then who are we to tell them their opinion is wrong? Hopefully they got it out of their system, though, as most of us have more fun doing this when everyone has only one vote to submit. I didn't ask Rick to investigate or list names, but also have no problem with him doing just that. He noticed multiple fake accounts being registered and used to vote with, so he called them out on it so the showdown could keep what tiny bit of remaining dignity it has left at this point. In the end, I think it was the right choice, otherwise the cheating would only escalate the further we advanced, and the final outcome of the showdown would be questionable at best.

In summary, if you voted more than once, you're the cause of this showdown taking one week longer than it would have taken if you hadn't. And YOU have to live with that on your conscience, not me.

[Edited on 8-8-2011 by Matte]

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3946
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

posted on 8-15-2011 at 02:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Matte - I truly hate you (not really) for these match ups... My top two facing off this time instead of the finals?!?!

Ok bitching done...

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8868
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

posted on 8-20-2011 at 05:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Next round please.

Don't Mess With Texas

C.MontgomeryPunk
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1795
Registered 1-6-2010

Mood: ButtViper-y

posted on 8-21-2011 at 03:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Trish vs Sky
Molly vs Mickie

I remember Eddie Guerrero.
#K.R.E.A.M = Kassius Rules Everything Around Me

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4312
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 8-21-2011 at 05:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That'd be one way to do the semis... CMP's pairings are clearly designed to insure a final of "insanely, ball-drainingly-sexy blonde chick, whose merely-adequate wrestling skills are over-looked because of aforementioned sexiness" vs. "fat chick."

You could do it another way: Trish vs. Molly, and Mickie vs. Velvet. That would result in a final of "former WWE babe from the Golden Era" vs. "current TNA chick."

And part of me is curious to see what would happen if you did Trish vs. Mickie, and Velvet vs. Molly. Because that's one WM26 rematch (where the wrong one won for all the wrong reasons), and one match that I think is the only semi-final match I think Molly could win. If Velvet can only barely beat Victoria, I think (hope?) she's even more vulnerable against noted (relevant) wang-candy like Molly...

Then again, some delusitards around here still don't understand why Wrestling Footnote Cheerleader Melissa* isn't in the Elite Eight, so who knows if my hope for Molly is any more realistic...

Rick

* She was once Awesome Kong's anonymous masked manager.

DevilSoprano
Pee Wee's Plaything

Posts 7923
Registered 11-16-2002

Mood:

posted on 8-21-2011 at 06:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for reminding me that you're a douchebag.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   DevilSoprano 's Aim   DevilSoprano 's Yahoo
C.MontgomeryPunk
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1795
Registered 1-6-2010

Mood: ButtViper-y

posted on 8-25-2011 at 09:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
We'll need a bronze medal game.

Molly vs Velvet Sky

I remember Eddie Guerrero.
#K.R.E.A.M = Kassius Rules Everything Around Me

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11529
Registered 12-16-2008

posted on 8-27-2011 at 09:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Posting the finals tonight since the power will probably go out in the hurricane.

BigStevieCool
Showstopper

Posts 674
Registered 2-27-2006

Mood:

posted on 8-29-2011 at 12:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the hard work on this Matte. It was enjoyed by all.

Now that rankings have been established, we should do this tourney again and see if it plays out the same way. :-p

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11529
Registered 12-16-2008

posted on 9-3-2011 at 06:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well, it's OOfficial!

Your 2011 Ultimate Diva Showdown winner is... Trish Stratus!

Second place (first is the worst, second is the best) goes to... Mickie James!

Third place (the smallest trophy) goes to... Molly Holly!

Sorry, Velvet. Fourth place gets no trophy.

Thanks for playing, everyone. It was a blast (in more than one definition of the word)! Let's do it again in 10 years...

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8868
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

posted on 9-3-2011 at 08:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Much grass, Sr. Matte.

Don't Mess With Texas

mooseheadjack

Posts 10512
Registered 5-13-2002
Location over here

Mood: plotting evil

posted on 9-5-2011 at 06:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the hard work Matte. The wrong person won, but that is not your fault.

Now, lets never speak of this again.

My personal fuck-off list: 1. Tony Romo 2. Eli Manning 3. The New York Yankees 4. LeBron James 5. Kobe Bryant 6. SEC Fans 7. The SEC 8. the Political Right 9. religion 10. Almost everything the WWE does

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   mooseheadjack 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top