The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  36    37    38    39  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Games You're Currently Playing
CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2340
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 9-19-2019 at 03:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Iím very proud of your patience to beat Yooka. I am very happy you went back and endured the struggle. Us collect-a-thon fans are fewer and further between than ever before.

Hollow Knight or Hotline Miami are definitely where itís at, and if you havenít gotten Hotline yet, well, it just dropped on Switch.

I played Pilotwings for the first time the other day, and yeah, like you, I was very surprised by it. Itís a surprisingly fun and great-looking game, with nice variety. I like the plane missions the best, and wish there were more. Iíll probably beat it after going through the SNES classics. As you can see, I have put about 15-20 hours into the collection so far (Puyo Puyo 2, in particular).

I see myself having a big ole pile of stuff to play this fall starting with Linkís Awakening HD. Then Gooigiís Mansion, Ori, and you know what, I donít feel like thinking about all the money Iím gonna spend right now.

Fun Fact: I havenít beaten a game on PS4/Xbox this year with the exception of Hotline Miami in January (and I had already beaten that game 6-7 times prior to THAT playthrough.)

Switch is just too accessible, and my girlfriend prefers to play it above everything else, which helps.

Speaking of my girlfriend, she just beat her first major AAA release, Mario and Rabbids. Easy mode, which is understandable for someone whose only past ventures have been INSIDE, Edith Finch, Limbo, and Yokuís Island express.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7518
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 9-19-2019 at 05:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CamstunPWG187
Iím very proud of your patience to beat Yooka. I am very happy you went back and endured the struggle. Us collect-a-thon fans are fewer and further between than ever before.

Yeah, I took about a week off from Yooka-Laylee, but it just didn't sit well with me to leave it unfinished, so I dove back in and toughed it out (full disclosure: I did look up a few paigie locations online to speed up the process, but otherwise I'd say that I found close to 95/100 of them on my own). Overall, I'd probably give the game about a 7/10 and while some of it frustrated the hell out of me and felt like a chore at times, I enjoyed it overall as a pseudo Banjo successor.

And I put in about a half hour with Hollow Knight earlier this evening and am loving it so far. Super atmospheric and the soundtrack is awesome, not to mention it has that super-tight 2D gameplay that I love. Though I am headed off to the beach tomorrow for five days, so it probably won't be until next week that I can really put some serious time into the game.

quote:
Originally posted by CamstunPWG187
I played Pilotwings for the first time the other day, and yeah, like you, I was very surprised by it. Itís a surprisingly fun and great-looking game, with nice variety. I like the plane missions the best, and wish there were more. Iíll probably beat it after going through the SNES classics. As you can see, I have put about 15-20 hours into the collection so far (Puyo Puyo 2, in particular).

Yeah, Pilotwings holds up amazingly well for such an old game, especially considering it's just fake Mode-7 3D graphics. It's just one of those games that I can pick up and play anytime, and never really get tired of. And it's funny that you like the plane missions, because those are probably my least favorite (just because I've never been super great at landing the plane). I'll be curious to hear what you think about the helicopter missions, because believe me, that's some tough shit.

Also, given that you're probably an even bigger game than me, I can't believe you'd never played Pilotwings before.

Nash is only a few inches bigger than JBL and depending on how stiff he gets Punk should be able to take it. -JB King, meant in a totally non-sexual way

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2340
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 9-20-2019 at 05:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just never thought it sounded appealing. Wasnít impressed with the 64 version when I saw it, either.

Linkís Awakening remake is very classy. Really awesome stuff. Framerate performance is a bit disappointing, though.

<<  36    37    38    39  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top