The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  31    32    33    34    35    36  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Games You're Currently Playing
CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2128
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 3-23-2018 at 12:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well well, if it isnít this thread again... itís been a while, boys.

-Beat Zelda: A link Between Worlds again.

-Iconoclasts for the PS4 was really good. The story I could give a damn about, but as a really wonderfully designed, Metroid-inspired game, it fits the bill nicely. Imagine Gunstar Heroes but less linear, with an overly-complex story. 8.5/10

-Celeste for the Switch. This might be my current GOTYC, as not since Super Meat Boy have I had such a fun experience with a 2D platformer in this style (1-2 screen levels with twitch-based platforming). The soundtrack and overall mood of the game is quite ethereal, and I really enjoyed the narrative. Top-notch stuff! 9.5/10

Next, I went on a trip to America, where the Switch and 3DS proved invaluable on the airplane:

-after almost 5 years, I finally completed Luigiís Mansion: Dark moon. I had been forever stuck on one single part of the game, and for the first time in nearly 16 years, I used a walkthrough right before I got on the plane to show me which way to go in section 5-2 of the game. Man, it still got difficult after that, and the puzzles were pretty ingenious, as was the final boss. I love Luigiís Mansion!! 9/10

-Beat mega man X for the umpteenth time.

-I landed and actually got to try a SNES classic. I beat Super Punch-Out!!!

-Getting back on the plane, I best the following:

-Donkey Kong on the original Game Boy

-Mega Man 2 off the Mega Man Collection

-Sonic Mania (Tailís Story), thus completing every story in the game.

-getting back to China, I sat down and beat the PS4 remaster of SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS. A top 5 game of all time for me. Iíve always loved the game and this version is supreme.

-just yesterday, I finally finished Owl Boy....Owl Boy was a pleasant experience that unfortunately didnít hook me the way I thought it would. Aesthetically, itís very nice, and the music is very serene and beautiful. The controls are responsive, but the button layout is questionable and I wish it had been better. I always felt that it took me an unnecessarily long amount of time to get used to the controls whenever Iíd start the game back up after going away for a bit. On the plus side, the action is nice, and the bosses are a real standout. The level design is also really nice, and doesnít bore you with overdone dungeon design. The story is interesting and has humorous dialogue all throughout. I donít know what it is, but it just didnít hook me. Maybe it was because I was fresh off beating 7 games in the span of 2 weeks by the time I got around to it and I was gamed our. Still though, extremely well-made game, and I recommend it to anyone who likes 2D action games. 8.5/10

-Just beat Bayonetta 2 again in less than a day for the Switch. Phenomenal.

Onto Bayonetta 1...again

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12298
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: Authoritized

posted on 3-23-2018 at 06:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
please don't take this the wrong way when I ask this, Cam - where do you find time to train for wrestling with all this gaming you do?

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2128
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 3-24-2018 at 12:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
A tolerant wife, having a conflicting schedule with hers where your days off are on her work days, and not having to be in work on the weekdays until 4:30, usually.
nOOb
The Man

Posts 7090
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 3-24-2018 at 01:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I've got a weird one to suggest: Kingdom Come Deliverance. I decided to give it a whirl because the concept of a historical version of Skyrim with no magic seemed interesting to me. And, well, it is. Your character goes through the same "survive an attack on their town" story as a number of RPG protagonists do (except the hometown in question was a real place), but unlike those other characters, your character is essentially still a civilian with no real powers. He's illiterate, so you have to go out of your way to learn how to read, he sucks at fighting, so you have to actually train with soldiers to get better at it, and he's a peasant, so he's not able to just walk right up to the local leaders and talk to them. And while that sounds a bit boring, there's a lot of satisfaction in turning your son of a blacksmith character into a badass super thief/super fighter/genius. And the combat is good enough that there's a lot of satisfaction in just beating one guy, let alone clearing out a bandit camp.

I'd definitely recommend giving this a look when it inevitably goes on sale in the next few weeks (distribution for this game was not great).

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8070
Registered 7-16-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 3-24-2018 at 03:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I've begun to dabble in PC gaming for the first time. Downloaded Steam, which I'd never tried out before. The first (and so far only) game I've really tried out is a little indie RTS called Into the Breach. If you are into strategy games, I would say it's definitely worth the $15. It's one of those "easy to get into, but hard to master" type games. Pretty damn fun so far, though.

Really I'm just killing time until Far Cry comes out next week. That game looks like it's gonna be the tits.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2128
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 3-29-2018 at 03:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Man, Bayonetta 1 is so difficult compared to 2 that itís ridiculous. One of the most unforgiving Games of that generation, surely.

I mean, you canít even use your in-game currency on much else besides green lollipops and recovery shots. I have bought the witch hearts until they were sold out, but man, forget buying new techniques or new accessories until New Game+.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2128
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 4-13-2018 at 07:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Bayonetta 1 finished a week or so ago, and Iíve been plugging away at a brilliant little rhythm game called ďThumperĒ.

Itís F-Zero meets frequency and itís intense as hell. My hands havenít sweat this much in a game since Smash Bros. 4 online.

Definitely recommend it. Iím on world 9-17, BTW, which means Iím about to beat it.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7073
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 4-14-2018 at 08:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CamstunPWG187
Bayonetta 1 finished a week or so ago, and Iíve been plugging away at a brilliant little rhythm game called ďThumperĒ.

Itís F-Zero meets frequency and itís intense as hell. My hands havenít sweat this much in a game since Smash Bros. 4 online.

Definitely recommend it. Iím on world 9-17, BTW, which means Iím about to beat it.

I've never heard of this one but may have to check it out, as it sounds right up my alley (though apparently it doesn't release on the Switch until next month, at least here in the States).

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2128
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 4-14-2018 at 11:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Impossible, because Iím playing it on the Switch and it launched for it last year.

I also have my account set up to the US eshop.

Get on that, Boi!!!

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7073
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 4-14-2018 at 05:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Impossible, because Iím playing it on the Switch and it launched for it last year.

Yeah, I'm an idiot. I looked up the game online last night and saw it's release date as May 18th, 2017 and for some reason was thinking that was May of this year.

I will definitely check this one out in the near future, once my Rocket League addiction wears off.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2128
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 4-14-2018 at 06:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
And Iíll play through Super Metroid until I pass out.

Good times.

salmonjunkie

Posts 12298
Registered 6-25-2002

posted on 4-14-2018 at 10:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the goon
quote:

Yeah, I'm an idiot. I looked up the game online last night and saw it's release date as May 18th, 2017 and for some reason was thinking that was May of this year.

I will definitely check this one out in the near future, once my Rocket League addiction wears off.

What system do you play Rocket League on? I love it, it's been a while since I've fired it up.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7073
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 4-15-2018 at 05:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I play it on the Switch, so if you have it on anything other than PS4, I'm pretty sure we can link up.
CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2128
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 4-15-2018 at 07:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I donít believe you and I have linked up on the Switch, Goon. Send me your friendliest code, please.
the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7073
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 4-15-2018 at 07:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My friend code is SW-0508-1715-8891. Feel free to add me!
CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2128
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 4-17-2018 at 09:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Been busy, bro. Iíll sign on tonight and add you.
salmonjunkie

Posts 12298
Registered 6-25-2002

posted on 4-17-2018 at 03:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
I play it on the Switch, so if you have it on anything other than PS4, I'm pretty sure we can link up.

Nope, just the PS4. It'll definitely be a game I get when I finally get a Switch.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2128
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 4-19-2018 at 07:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just finished Super Metroid, and going through Streets of Rage 2 for my first time.
CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2128
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 4-20-2018 at 06:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I added you the other night, Goon.

Streets of Rage 2 is a great beat em up and Iíd gladly play it again. Rush attack move is OP and is the secret to finishing the game in one sitting.

Still on 9-17 in Thumper, but unfortunately GOW just came out, and my goodness, this is quite the departure for the series, and I couldnít be more pleased. Iím about 3 hours in.

[Edited on 4-20-2018 by CamstunPWG187]

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7073
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 4-21-2018 at 04:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
I added you the other night, Goon.

Friend request accepted! Sorry it took a couple of days, I haven't had much time for the Switch this week.

quote:
Originally posted by salmonjunkie
quote:

Nope, just the PS4. It'll definitely be a game I get when I finally get a Switch.

Yeah, definitely let us all know if/when you get a Switch. Not sure why Sony decided to not be involved in the cross-console play with Rocket League.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2128
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 5-4-2018 at 05:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
God of War is the greatest PS4 game of all time. Im a little more than halfway finished
CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2128
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 5-13-2018 at 08:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
God of War is many things, and not being anywhere close or at the top of anyone's Game Of The Year lists is not one of them. God of War takes AAA games to a place we all thought would be the norm back in 2006/7, but somehow never received due to the plague of microtransactions and DLC that floods the market. It doesn't remind you of your bank account. It doesn't hold your hand and give you Pay To Win options. God of War revels in the simplicity of a pre-DLC/Microtransaction world, changes the core gameplay in a manner most comparable to Resident Evil 4, and comes away as the single-greatest reason to own a PS4.

With a gripping, almost Logan-esque story, the prettiest graphics you have ever seen on a console, completely refined combat, and a hauntingly epic score, God of War hits all of the right notes and always leaves you coming back for more. More Valkries to pummel, more treasure to loot, more just-getting-into-a-fight-because-combat-simply-feels-THAT-great, and surprisingly, more gripping narrative. God of War doesn't stop.

I really can't be bothered to write much more beyond what I already have. It's 3:01 AM here in China and I really wanted to get it out there:

Buy God Of War

It's one of the greatest video games ever made.

10/10

Are there faults? Sure. Fast-traveling is cumbersome, and turning around is terribly mapped to the D-Pad's down button, to the point where it's completely useless once you get the hang of the combat, and even before that, it wasn't needed.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7073
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 5-14-2018 at 03:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
As a well-known Nintendo fanboy around here, let me say that I absolutely love the God of War series (well, at least the original trilogy, as I never played any of the games in the series after that). I don't own a PS4, but the new God of War would probably be my very first purchase if/when I buy one, as it sounds freaking amazing.
CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2128
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 5-17-2018 at 03:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Itís...stirring

Donkey Kong tropical Freeze om Funky Mode. Wanted to play as the new kong and i havenít been disappointed. I love Tropical Freeze as is, and anyone who missed it (all 99.99% of active players out there) should give it a go on Switch.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7073
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 5-19-2018 at 02:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Donkey Kong tropical Freeze om Funky Mode. Wanted to play as the new kong and i havenít been disappointed. I love Tropical Freeze as is, and anyone who missed it (all 99.99% of active players out there) should give it a go on Switch.

I fucking loved Tropical Freeze on the Wii U, but just can't bring myself to double-dip on the Switch for $60 (seriously, what is up with Nintendo releasing years-old ports on the Switch at full price?). Definitely worth playing though for anyone who owns a Switch and missed Tropical Freeze the first time around back in 2014 though.

<<  31    32    33    34    35    36  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top