The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Games You're Currently Playing
GordusMaximus
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1223
Registered 7-26-2006
Location Chicago

Mood: Happy.

posted on 3-4-2011 at 05:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I've been an achievement whore too... I played through lots of crap games just because the 1000 was easy to get. King Kong, TMNT, etc

I remember Chris Benoit.

Www.facebook.com/thecurtaincall

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member   GordusMaximus 's Aim   GordusMaximus 's Yahoo
williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8839
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 3-4-2011 at 05:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
In general I'm not. If it's a game I really am enjoying I will for the ones I feel are achievable and/or are worth the time. I played Bioshock on medium, and I'm not replaying the whole game on the hardest difficultly just to pick up the 40 pointer that you get for completing the game on that.

Borderlands I've tried to pick up most of the single player / co-op ones.

But in general no.

Don't Mess With Texas

Columbo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1011
Registered 11-2-2004
Location @columbo527

Mood: GodDamnWOOO

posted on 3-4-2011 at 05:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm looking for a new game(video) to play anyone have any good suggestions?

p.s. FPS's give me headaches and RPG's aren't my thing. Thanks in advance.

"The North Cafeteria, named after Admiral William North, is located in the western portion of East Hall, gateway to the western half of North Hall, which is named, not after William North, but for its position above the South Wall. It is the most contested and confusing battlefield on Greendale’s campus, next to the English Memorial Spanish Center, named after English Memorial, a Portuguese sailor that discovered Greendale while looking for a fountain that cured syphilis."

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8254
Registered 7-16-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 3-4-2011 at 05:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm not nearly as bad as I used to be... I would rent any crap game and slog through it just for the easy gamerscore. For about a year though, I try to only play games I actually want to play. But I'll still use guides for collectibles and stuff like I said.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8839
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

posted on 3-4-2011 at 06:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Columbo
I'm looking for a new game(video) to play anyone have any good suggestions?

p.s. FPS's give me headaches and RPG's aren't my thing. Thanks in advance.

Maybe share what you are into....stuff you've played....liked/disliked....

That almost reads like one of our spam friend's posts:

"Hi
I am to liking video games. They are make entertainment for hours and hours! For to purchase video games I shop insert some shitty link here

What games are you to liking? Recommend for me!"

[Edited on 3-4-2011 by williamssl]

Don't Mess With Texas

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8254
Registered 7-16-2005

posted on 3-4-2011 at 06:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I ran into my first Big Daddy and promptly got my ass handed to me. Holy hell that dude is tough. Any advice for killing these things? Certain ammo I should be using to make it easier?

Is everyone mad here?

Columbo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1011
Registered 11-2-2004
Location @columbo527

posted on 3-4-2011 at 06:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by williamssl

Maybe share what you are into....stuff you've played....liked/disliked....

That almost reads like one of our spam friend's posts:

"Hi
I am to liking video games. They are make entertainment for hours and hours! For to purchase video games I shop insert some shitty link here

What games are you to liking? Recommend for me!"

[Edited on 3-4-2011 by williamssl]

I am spambot. Penisenhancement free trial BIGG DONG!!! willisdickgrowbiggger?.com

Also I like many games I'm just having a motivation problem today and was looking for some suggestions.

"The North Cafeteria, named after Admiral William North, is located in the western portion of East Hall, gateway to the western half of North Hall, which is named, not after William North, but for its position above the South Wall. It is the most contested and confusing battlefield on Greendale’s campus, next to the English Memorial Spanish Center, named after English Memorial, a Portuguese sailor that discovered Greendale while looking for a fountain that cured syphilis."

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9445
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 3-4-2011 at 07:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by punkerhardcore
I ran into my first Big Daddy and promptly got my ass handed to me. Holy hell that dude is tough. Any advice for killing these things? Certain ammo I should be using to make it easier?

Definitely get whatever heavier ammo is available to you at the moment. My usual technique for killing Big Daddys(ies?) was to use an ample amount of electricity since that would momentarily freeze them in place, then, while they're stunned, let them have it with whatever the fuck else you can throw at them.

Columbo - The Assassin's Creed games are fucking stellar. Marvel Pinball is awesome. Aren't you in my PS3 Friend network? My screenname is BDT2008. Get Madden or Tiger Woods so we can play each other. That applies to Marvel Pinball too.

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

Columbo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1011
Registered 11-2-2004
Location @columbo527

posted on 3-4-2011 at 07:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gobbledygooker

Columbo - The Assassin's Creed games are fucking stellar. Marvel Pinball is awesome. Aren't you in my PS3 Friend network? My screenname is BDT2008. Get Madden or Tiger Woods so we can play each other. That applies to Marvel Pinball too.

Yeah you're on my friend list I'm columbo527. The new Assassin's Creed looks pretty cool, but I didn't much care for the older one I played. I'm waiting until March 29th to get me the new Tiger can't wait I've been looking for a golf game with Augusta my whole life. I should get a Madden game, but seeing I haven't played in a couple years I can only imagine how bad I'd be. Maybe I'll download pinball how bad could I possibly suck at that?

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9445
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 3-4-2011 at 08:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Originally posted by Columbo
quote:
[Maybe I'll download pinball how bad could I possibly suck at that?

It'll be the best $9.99 you've spent in a long time. I'm just now overcoming my addiction to the game and that's just because I've currently got three other games I'm trying to squeeze into my rotation.

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12571
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 3-4-2011 at 08:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

Yeah, the first Big Daddy is a bitch. The good news is that if he kills you, when you respawn his health will be at whatever you chipped it down to when you died. The bad news is, if you run out of ammo you're fucked. It's been awhile since I played, so I don't remember what your loadout might look like when uou get to him, but use your electicity plasmid as frequently as you can- I think it stuns him for a second or two, which is good for tactical reloads/switching weapons/getting some space between you and him.

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8839
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

posted on 3-4-2011 at 08:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah what Chris said. Vita-Chambers are your friend and don't worry about respawning. It's not like Borderlands where it costs you a shitload of something each time you do it. The first few Big Daddies were exercises in perserverance given limited weaponry. Attack. Die. Respawn. Repeat until Big Daddy dead.

There was one in the wharf area that took a lot of iterations of that for me.

It gets a lot easier. You'll later have a grenade launcher with heat seekers and shit like that. Take one of those f'ers down in a few shots w/o them doing a lick of damage to you.

Don't Mess With Texas

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9445
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 3-4-2011 at 09:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Oh yeah, sure, the XBox kids just ignore the PS3 kid's Bioshock advice. I see how it is.

I'm a master at taking down Mr. Bubbles.

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8839
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

posted on 3-4-2011 at 09:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Deer punkerz:

Hear iz my advise 4 u to kill Big Daddeez. U shld shoot them ded.

From,
PS3 playerz

Don't Mess With Texas

theflammablemanimal
American Dream

Posts 7586
Registered 9-2-2008

Mood:

posted on 3-4-2011 at 09:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
People like video game golf? It sounds about as exciting as riding around assassins creed for hours while looking back and forth between the map and the magazine on my lap until I find 1000 flags, for which I get nothing.

I only try for achievements that can be easily done in game. Like, if there's a special.achievement for killing people with a different gun, I'll switch. But searching for stuff is boring as hell. The only time I actually cared was in brutal legends when I wanted to see all the legends and landmarks.

I'm not sure because of the lack of a counter, but I think I found most if the bioshock recordings with just some minor in game exploration.

http://epitomeofmasculinity.blogspot.com/

@EofMasculinity
The first undisputed OO draft champion of the world

Get the pistons pumping and let the pigeons loose on my yambag

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9445
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 3-4-2011 at 10:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think video game golf takes a certain type of player to enjoy it. I've actually loved golf games from waaaaaay back when. I remember playing a golf game on my friends SNES and enjoying it. I was into the Tiger Woods games in the early 00's, then I got out of them until buying '11 last weekend (at a reduced price, of course). It's a lot of fun if it's something you enjoy. Part of the fun for me is just seeing how fucking amazing the graphics are. And the sound in this one is top notch, with birds chirping, waves crashing at Pebble Beach, etc.

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8254
Registered 7-16-2005

posted on 3-4-2011 at 11:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well that ended up being lucky glitch... after dying twice, I finally killed him, because the first time I shot him, he floated slight above the ground and danced around. I stood right by him and shot him for a while until he died... he never even touched me.

And don't judge the other Assassin's Creed games if you've only played the first one-- the other two are vastly improved. If you didn't like the first one much, you should still give II and Brotherhood a shot.

Is everyone mad here?

Shao Khan
Showstopper

Posts 807
Registered 1-11-2006
Location Moab, Ut.

Mood: FOOTBALL!!!

posted on 3-5-2011 at 12:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
you should still give II and Brotherhood a shot.

I'm still debating on these two; I mean, they seem like something that I'd get into for the action & story but. . .I just don't know yet. A lot of people (including all my fine friends here in OOland) have been saying that the 2nd and Brotherhood are both markedly improved from the original incarnation. For some reason though I just haven't been able to fully convince myself to buy them.

I just started Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and I gotta tell ya, it's fucking awesome! I was worried with the omission of Ken, Cable & Venom (as previously discussed) that I was going to have a hard time picking a new team to roll with, but Morrigan / Storm, Thor, and Akuma work pretty well together so far. Most of the fun for me so far has just been tweaking my teams. Using Thor's ranged attacks with Akuma up close & personal works really well for me.

I also picked up Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and am really digging that so far - I'm only having trouble with the Coral Bay Reventon Reveal (Arriving on scene on time to stop the getaway car) track / mission so far; the car is ridiculously fast and no matter what I've tried so far with the shortcuts & drifting the curves properly, I STILL can't get past that one! Any tips would be appreciated on that end.

Also, I just picked up Superhero Squad (don't judge me), and it's a cute little diversion. I personally get a kick out of the cartoon so I thought it was cool.

I'm really just trying to get some work in on NFS - I haven't played a racing game since Burnout: Revenge, so anything anyone can suggest would be great.

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8254
Registered 7-16-2005

posted on 3-5-2011 at 12:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shao Khan
I also picked up Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and am really digging that so far - I'm only having trouble with the Coral Bay Reventon Reveal (Arriving on scene on time to stop the getaway car) track / mission so far; the car is ridiculously fast and no matter what I've tried so far with the shortcuts & drifting the curves properly, I STILL can't get past that one! Any tips would be appreciated on that end.

Which race is it? I just popped my game in to check my stats for it, and I'm not seeing anything like that in the Coral Bay area.

Is everyone mad here?

Shao Khan
Showstopper

Posts 807
Registered 1-11-2006
Location Moab, Ut.

posted on 3-5-2011 at 12:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It's a cop race in Coral Bay. I just started the game, so I don't know how expanded your map is.

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8254
Registered 7-16-2005

posted on 3-5-2011 at 12:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah, no wonder, I was looking in the Racer section for Coral Bay. Apparently my best time was 1:14:76.

Just some general tips--

-If you're hitting every shortcut and still coming in over the par time, try it out without using any of the shortcuts. You'll be surprised at how many of them will actually slow you down.

-Learn to drift flawlessly (which it sounds like you have), because so much as clipping a wall around a corner will slow you down like crazy. This is especially important in the cop missions, since the reveals and rapid responses will also add two seconds to your time anytime you hit a wall... though those missions are pretty forgiving as far as coming in under the par time.

-Use the nitrous on straightaways and uphill only... you'll get the most benefit out of it that way.

Other than that, just play around with different routes and cars. Almost every race will take multiple plays in order to get gold/distinction.

Is everyone mad here?

Shao Khan
Showstopper

Posts 807
Registered 1-11-2006
Location Moab, Ut.

posted on 3-5-2011 at 02:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My best time before coming to work was like 1:52 - worst being like beyond 2:30. Although I gotta say, I dig the game, especially the cop missions - go figure.
Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

Mood: partypartyparty

posted on 3-5-2011 at 02:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gobbledygooker
I think video game golf takes a certain type of player to enjoy it. I've actually loved golf games from waaaaaay back when. I remember playing a golf game on my friends SNES and enjoying it. I was into the Tiger Woods games in the early 00's, then I got out of them until buying '11 last weekend (at a reduced price, of course). It's a lot of fun if it's something you enjoy. Part of the fun for me is just seeing how fucking amazing the graphics are. And the sound in this one is top notch, with birds chirping, waves crashing at Pebble Beach, etc.

I've got you on my list, I'm AuditMonkey. Tiger Woods golf is fantastic. I play on Tour Pro though, makes it always a bit of a challenge, let me know if you want to play a round. I'm also still occasionally playing Madden.

That's racism man! I love to racism bro!

Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12571
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 3-5-2011 at 05:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shao Khan
I just started Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and I gotta tell ya, it's fucking awesome! I was worried with the omission of Ken, Cable & Venom (as previously discussed) that I was going to have a hard time picking a new team to roll with, but Morrigan / Storm, Thor, and Akuma work pretty well together so far. Most of the fun for me so far has just been tweaking my teams. Using Thor's ranged attacks with Akuma up close & personal works really well for me.

Super Skrull is a fucking beast and Phoenix is pretty good if you can work around her shitty vitality, and the wolf from Okami is surprisingly fun, but a team that I've been kicking ass with is Captain America, Iron Man, and Crimson Viper. I know everyone hates Viper for some reason but gameplay wise I think she's the shit.

quote:

Also, I just picked up Superhero Squad (don't judge me), and it's a cute little diversion. I personally get a kick out of the cartoon so I thought it was cool.

My little girl is a superhero fanatic and SHS gets a fair amount of run in our house, but truth be told I thought the game was just a notch above "fucking miserable". It wants to be a LEGO game so bad, and it just isn't. Also, it's pretty stupid-difficult for a game that's supposed to be for children. I slogged through it but it isn't anything I'd ever want to do again.

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

theflammablemanimal
American Dream

Posts 7586
Registered 9-2-2008

Mood:

posted on 3-6-2011 at 10:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just started bioshock two and i'm pretty disappointed so far. The end of the first big sister encounter was cool and it has the same great atmosphere as before, but I guess it just doesn't seem as fresh. Plus they've gone a little overboard with the recordings. I find one evry minute or so. Seems like they should be spread.out more.

Plus, it doesn't feel like you're a superpowerful big daddy. Seems like I should be able to take way more damage and I should be sending people flying with one melee swipe, not bopping them over the head with a rivet gun 3 or 4 times.

http://epitomeofmasculinity.blogspot.com/

@EofMasculinity
The first undisputed OO draft champion of the world

Get the pistons pumping and let the pigeons loose on my yambag

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top