The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: bought the shirt
doctorb
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1571
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Where everyone is rich but me

Mood: need coffee

posted on 12-9-2010 at 05:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
bought the shirt

I haven't bought WWE merchandise since my Miss Elizabeth poster, and I'm pretty sure that's the only WWE merchandise I've ever bought. But I had to buy my nephew something for Christmas and he never talks to anyone and my brother always talks about all the tech shit he bought for such a good deal. When I bought my nephew and ITunes gift card my brother said they get all their music for free. Dick.

So when The Rick mentioned a Miz shirt without the gay crap on the sleeve and back, I had to go looking.

http://www.wweshop.com/item/the-miz-superstar-logo-tee/Men/01-12730

Here it is. Awesome. I emailed them to make sure of the size because it used to say a chest size next to the L, XL, etc and the chest sizes were for kids, or really girly men. They assured me it was men's sizes and that there was nothing on the back. So I bought 2.

They came UPS today. Kind of thin, I don't think I'll be washing it in hot or putting it in the dryer, but I will be wearing it. There's no evidence anywhere that it's WWE except in the tag on the neck.

Thought I'd share.

The "B" is for Bargain!

theflammablemanimal
American Dream

Posts 7586
Registered 9-2-2008

Mood:

posted on 12-9-2010 at 06:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Nice. thought the same thing about the shirt being better without the WWE logo.

By the way, how many Nexus shirts are there now? 4 or 5? Plus a sweatshirt? Crazy.

http://epitomeofmasculinity.blogspot.com/

@EofMasculinity
The first undisputed OO draft champion of the world

Get the pistons pumping and let the pigeons loose on my yambag

Thom
The Immortal One

Posts 4890
Registered 1-14-2003
Location At the gym

Mood: Rather be lifting

posted on 12-9-2010 at 06:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wow thats.... awesome.

#GLENNSURVIVESLOL - Cherokee Jack, from TWD Season 6 thread

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8289
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 12-9-2010 at 06:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This one is kinda cool, too... but certainly not $40 cool.

I don't understand why they don't release other shirts like this. Just a design without all the "I'm part of the WWE Universe!" crap all over it. They'd probably sell more merch to an older demographic if they did.

[Edited on 12-9-2010 by punkerhardcore]

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

doctorb
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1571
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Where everyone is rich but me

Mood: need coffee

posted on 12-9-2010 at 06:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thom
Wow thats.... awesome.

You can die a happy man after reading my post, can't you? You're welcome.

When I emailed to check the sizes I mentioned that they ruined the other nametag shirt with the stupid looking pair of eyes on the back and the "be miz" print. There wasn't any response to that. With the sheer volume of t shirt designs and most of them having weird stuff like that, I don't know if marketing ever tried to compare sales of simpler versus overdone and the overdone ones won the day, or if they've just let the gay design team in the dimply lit room with no wrestling fandom at all have their way.

The "B" is for Bargain!

MbahABako
Showstopper

Posts 591
Registered 6-13-2010

Mood:

posted on 12-9-2010 at 06:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This post led me to the ShopZone and I started poking around... If I was rich, that replica Million Dollar Title belt would be mine.
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4338
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 12-9-2010 at 08:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Dear Jerkwads,

So I went to shopzone.com, and not only did I wind up spending 15 minutes out of my day clicking around in sheer awe of how much crap that no sane person could ever want/buy/wear/use/watch, but I sincerely thought about buying the one (1) thing on the site that I *would* buy/wear on the grounds that Hell, not only is it cool, but it's on sale and even *I* think $12.99 for a t-shirt is perfectly fair.

But guess what? I can't, because the only size left in stock is Small.

Clearly you all are to blame for this shortage. It is an indisputable fact that OO is the only place in the explored intartoobz that has said a single damned thing about Miz's new t-shirt, so the only reason they'd be sold out of it is because there are loyal readers who pay way too much attention to my random asides regarding fashion when I put them on the main page, and then they go starting threads about it in the forums.

THE ONLY REASON~!

So thanks for nothing.

Love,
Rick and His Still-Only-One Wrestling Shirt He Can Wear in Public Without Feeling Like a Dork

PS: The new Miz shirt is apparently part of a new line of t-shirts specifically designed to be simple and light on the gay crap. But there are only 5 shirts in the line. And by "specifically designing" them to be simple, you can count on rarely seeing one of WWE's sporadic cool/funny shirts in this simple format. Miz's is the only of the five with legible words, so this line isn't meant to be catchy or anything like the ones you see on TV. [Proof: Miz only wore this shirt on TV once, and has since gone back to the black one with gay crap on it.] I wouldn't hold my breath for this being a new line of shirts being evidence of a paradigm shift away from gay crap on t-shirts or a move towards giving fans the option of getting the shirts/designs/slogans they see on TV without the gay crap; Miz's was an aberration in the sense that his catchy t-shirt could translate over to this super-simplified line.

PPS: The "You Might Also Like..." links at the bottom of the page for the shirt that I can't buy were, ummm, interesting. I wasn't so surprised that they decided to make a girl-version of the simplified Miz shirt... but what was stupefying was that -- if I ever found a girl awesome enough to think it was cool to wear said (truthful) t-shirt and, by extension, thought I was awesome enough to have copious amounts of sex with, and thus, might one day end up making a baby with me -- I could also get a Miz "I'm Awesome" Nametag Onesie for your new child. It comes in four sizes, so that you can keep your baby swaddled in awesomeness all the way up to age 24 months. Wacky. And probably a sign of shitty parenting. I mean, the Miz one would be fine I guess, but the other Onesies? Nothing says "A future as a well-adjusted adult" like being forced to wear an Undertaker crucifix or a Triple H skull-with-axes while you're still trying to figure out the whole walking and talking thing.

PPPS: As for the other Miz shirt linked above: really? Really?!? REEEEEALLY?!? WWE would have to pay me to wear that ludicrously priced abomination. And even if they did, and I agreed, I'd still go out and buy a real stick-on nametag in the style of the Miz shirt, and apply it to my chest after getting a marker to make it read, "HELLO... Despite this t-shirt, I'm not actually a tool" on it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
PyroFalkon
Fella

Posts 453
Registered 11-17-2004
Location Xenia, Ohio

Mood:

posted on 12-9-2010 at 11:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I plan on proposing to My Melina with this. Who could say no?

[Edited on 12-9-2010 by PyroFalkon]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   PyroFalkon 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger   PyroFalkon 's Yahoo
ScottySN
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 93
Registered 10-4-2009
Location Napping.

Mood: Feisty

posted on 12-9-2010 at 11:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I tend to cut the sleeves and neck off my wrasslin' shirts. Hopefully the WWE logo would come off easily in the process, because if they ever get men's sizes in stock, I would buy one.

[Edited on 12-9-2010 by ScottySN]

zombiecraig
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 59
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Chicago

Mood: YUM!

posted on 12-10-2010 at 03:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ScottySN
I tend to cut the sleeves and neck off my wrasslin' shirts. Hopefully the WWE logo would come off easily in the process, because if they ever get men's sizes in stock, I would buy one.

Is that so it's easier to rip the shirts off? Hogan-style, baby!

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7382
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 12-10-2010 at 03:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wrestling shirts do look a bit more badass with no sleeves or neck. I have this crappy DX shirt from 1999 that was like a green smiley face with the DX logo behind it....stupidest shirt I ever owned, but no sleeves or neck? So badass.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

Katie Vick killer
The Rowdy One

Posts 2262
Registered 8-25-2003
Location w/ Randall

Mood: Chin locked

posted on 12-10-2010 at 12:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
One time when the fair came to town, there was a guy selling knock off's and he had one of those big iron press things and just put a transfer on a blank shirt. I asked for a DX (classic) and happily declined the extra $5 and went with out the "Two Words s*ck it!" on the back. I got a lot use out of that shirt.

TheGuest
And I am AWESOME

Posts 169
Registered 7-10-2009

Mood: Guest-y

posted on 12-10-2010 at 03:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I had a weird dream that Debra came back to the WWE, was talking to Mr. McMahon and got absolutely no pops whatsoever from the crowd. Just sheer disinterest to see her again. In the same dream I saw Carlito make a re-debut only in a much different character, similar to Scotty 2 Hotty, dancing his way down to the ring to this insane techno song that had the crowd literally dancing.

What does this have to do with shirts? Hell if I know, I just felt like caring and sharing.

TheGuest: That annoying chat dude.

[TheGuest] That's great, they kick him all over his torso and head and what does he sell? His knee.
[Dougie 2.0] Khalis kneebone is connected to his headbone
[Tommy D] Same way Welker hurt his knee.
[Sportsguy] Welker was jumped by the Nexus?
[Tommy D] yes they were so quick you couldn't even see them
[BC] you can't see me?

ScottySN
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 93
Registered 10-4-2009
Location Napping.

Mood: Feisty

posted on 12-10-2010 at 03:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zombiecraig
quote:

Two reasons. 1) To show off my tattoos. 2) To match my skirt.

"If 40 is the new 20, then cellulite is the new tattoo."~ Elizabeth A. Hohauser

zombiecraig
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 59
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Chicago

Mood: YUM!

posted on 12-11-2010 at 05:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by zombiecraig
quote:

Two reasons. 1) To show off my tattoos. 2) To match my skirt.

Well, now. That IS perfectly understandable.

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4338
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 12-17-2010 at 10:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
FYI: WWE has all the shirts in the "Superstar Logo" line (the line with just the simple, wearable-in-public designs) on sale for $9.99.

Also of note: they're now completely sold out of the Miz one, and it's not available at all. However, you can feel free to stock up on t-shirts featuring less popular stars such as Randy Orton, as there are plenty available. I'm sure this quirk of merchandise availability will put a smile on the face of Orton's #1 Fan, the Angry Demon Girl.

Is this the proof that Miz really has made it, or just another sign of the looming apocalypse?

Rick

PS: In the discussion of whether or not Miz has "made it," I'd enter into evidence his appearance on Jimmy Fallon this past week... seeing him in that element, it was just hard not to like the guy; the only times I've seen wrestlers come off that well in interviews were early Rock (usually on Conan moreso than other shows, and DEFINITELY back pre-2005, before he got polished up into a Hollywood phoney) and Big Show...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
The Riot Act
Hot, Spicy, ICHIBAN!!!

Posts 1659
Registered 7-31-2006
Location Canada

Mood:

posted on 1-17-2011 at 10:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OORick

PPS: The "You Might Also Like..." links at the bottom of the page for the shirt that I can't buy were, ummm, interesting. I wasn't so surprised that they decided to make a girl-version of the simplified Miz shirt... but what was stupefying was that -- if I ever found a girl awesome enough to think it was cool to wear said (truthful) t-shirt and, by extension, thought I was awesome enough to have copious amounts of sex with, and thus, might one day end up making a baby with me -- I could also get a Miz "I'm Awesome" Nametag Onesie for your new child. It comes in four sizes, so that you can keep your baby swaddled in awesomeness all the way up to age 24 months. Wacky. And probably a sign of shitty parenting. I mean, the Miz one would be fine I guess, but the other Onesies? Nothing says "A future as a well-adjusted adult" like being forced to wear an Undertaker crucifix or a Triple H skull-with-axes while you're still trying to figure out the whole walking and talking thing.

Sorry for bumping this thread, but my buddy's brother gave this to him for his newborn this Xmas:

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top