The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: TNA Impact, Thanksgiving Edition
Ecosystem
The Rowdy One

Posts 2957
Registered 5-18-2004

Mood:

posted on 11-26-2010 at 05:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
TNA Impact, Thanksgiving Edition

Jeff Jarrett hit someone over the head with a guitar in a "MMA Style" match.

Discuss.

EDIT: Still watching now...."Winter" is a real person, which I support. Big audience pop for her saving Angelina's ass.

[Edited on 11-26-2010 by Ecosystem]

There doesn't have to be a "victim" here. There can just be two assholes.
-Lucky Lopez

Frank Lloyd Wright
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1791
Registered 10-2-2007
Location Fallingwater

Mood: Megalomaniac

posted on 11-26-2010 at 05:53 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Nothing stood out in this episode as really good or bad for that matter. Again, there was a hell of a lot of talking and not much action. Can't understand the dissention between Joe and The Pope. Unless it was used as an excuse to make it easier for Jeff Hardy to get to Morgan. Way too many young, talented wrestlers were MIA tonight. Also, can anyone explain why Eric Young was standing quietly in the corner of the room, while Immortal was enjoying their Thanksgiving get together?

I have two ambitions in life: one is to drink every pub dry, the other is to sleep with every woman on earth -- Oliver Reed

American architect, interior designer, writer, educator, and wrestling fan.

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8306
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 11-26-2010 at 07:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Lloyd Wright
Also, can anyone explain why Eric Young was standing quietly in the corner of the room, while Immortal was enjoying their Thanksgiving get together?

I was kinda wondering that myself, but it looked like he was basically their waiter tonight. When he tried to talk about what he was thankful for, they all shut him up.

And I agree with Eco... it's nice that other people can finally see Winter, too. And it's about time Madison was back on Impact. I wasn't sure how many more Madison-less episodes I could have gone. The end of the Madison/Sarita match was fucking weird though-- I'll admit I wasn't paying 100% attention, but it looked like Madison wasn't anywhere close, but Sarita still went for the plancha anyway, and landed in a splat... then after she rolled up Madison, Earl counted to like, six, and Madison kicked out. I think someone fucked up the endgame there, but not sure who.

Not really sure what a Last Street Fight is, and the entire thing took place in the ring, but that's neither here nor there. Not bad, and RVD vs. Rhino in a First Blood match should be fairly good.

Ohhh Dixie Carter put an injunction on Hogan! The take back of power commences!

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

Wickedfrost
I LOVE RVD

Posts 946
Registered 2-14-2006

Mood: Awesome!

posted on 11-26-2010 at 02:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Jeff Jarrett makes little kids tap. Freaking hilarious. This is vintage over-the-top heel JJ instead of whiney, bitchy "founder of TNA" JJ or serious, intense "King of the Mountain" JJ.

I like.

Edit:

[Edited on 11-26-2010 by Wickedfrost]

And my father said
When I was younger
Hard times breed better men

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7411
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 11-26-2010 at 02:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I don't think I can watch TNA anymore. It kinda seems like they're trying to be too serious. Granted, I'm going off of one show I've actually watched and tons of spoiler results, but I tuned in last night and spent three minutes watching the Motor City Machine Guns beat up some guys in what looked like an empty arena in a segment that looked like they were trying way too hard to make me think everything going on was real (and a little bit more intensely than the John Cena "I'm REALLY Fired, Guys" speech). Then I went to go get a drink of water to catch some "super intense" backstage segment with the Machine Guns conveying ranges of emotions in a segment that was, in its defense, pretty well done and well emoted, but the fact is I don't want some super intense, super serious, soap opera-ish feel to a show that is already defined by some as a "Dude Soap Opera".

Wrestling by its very nature is supposed to be a bit corny. If I wanted to see good acting, I wouldn't be watching wrestling.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

southermagu
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1214
Registered 1-11-2006
Location Louisville

Mood: APOLOGY!!

posted on 11-26-2010 at 03:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That's the JJ I grew up watching in the USWA, which is exactly what he needs to be.

Hey guys...

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   southermagu 's Yahoo
Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11583
Registered 12-16-2008

Mood: Tight

posted on 11-26-2010 at 07:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nOOb
I tuned in last night and spent three minutes watching the Motor City Machine Guns beat up some guys in what looked like an empty arena in a segment that looked like they were trying way too hard to make me think everything going on was real (and a little bit more intensely than the John Cena "I'm REALLY Fired, Guys" speech).

One of the best segments I've seen on wrestling in quite a while.
quote:
Then I went to go get a drink of water to catch some "super intense" backstage segment with the Machine Guns conveying ranges of emotions in a segment that was, in its defense, pretty well done and well emoted, but the fact is I don't want some super intense, super serious, soap opera-ish feel to a show that is already defined by some as a "Dude Soap Opera".

Wrestling by its very nature is supposed to be a bit corny. If I wanted to see good acting, I wouldn't be watching wrestling.

I think nOOb not watching TNA is the best compliment anyone could give to TNA because of his reasoning. They're doing things too well. Kudos, TNA.

[Edited on 11-26-2010 by Matte]

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8306
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 11-26-2010 at 07:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I feel like I've either missed something recently or completely forgotten something that happened, because I wasn't really sure why Pope and Joe hated each other last night.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

DevilSoprano
Pee Wee's Plaything

Posts 7962
Registered 11-16-2002

Mood:

posted on 11-26-2010 at 08:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think it goes back to the pre-BFG stuff when Pope was aligned with Nash and Sting. Even though Pope was right, Joe isn't one to let bygones be bygones and they just don't like each other. I don't think it's a huge story or anything and Joe basically said most of it on reaction. He's not around to make friends or be allies with anyone. If someone is walking/fighting the same direction as him, so be it, but don't cross him or you'll be the next person on his list. Joe just doesn't like people and Pope's not going to back down from that.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   DevilSoprano 's Aim   DevilSoprano 's Yahoo
gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9471
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 11-27-2010 at 12:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nOOb
Then I went to go get a drink of water to catch some "super intense" backstage segment with the Machine Guns conveying ranges of emotions in a segment that was, in its defense, pretty well done and well emoted, but the fact is I don't want some super intense, super serious, soap opera-ish feel to a show that is already defined by some as a "Dude Soap Opera".

You obviously missed the end of the segment when Madison walked up and screamed at them about Sarita and walked off, then Sabin asked Shelly "Would you hit that?"

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7411
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 11-27-2010 at 01:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah, now that would have reminded me of the Machine Guns I used to watch but haven't because other things have won my DVR Thursdays. But another thing: I hate their backstage camera angles. Something about them bothers me.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

Biff_Manly
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1143
Registered 6-16-2006

Mood: Ridiculous

posted on 11-27-2010 at 12:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That Jeff Jarrett vid was pretty funny, beating up kids. See if you are going to go for PG you don't have to give up being creative or funny. WWE needs to learn that.

"Walter: I can solve everything by making this gramophone have sex with time."
--SCSA's Fringe on Ice Holiday Spectacular.

Thom
The Immortal One

Posts 4890
Registered 1-14-2003
Location At the gym

Mood: Rather be lifting

posted on 11-27-2010 at 03:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Loved that Winter is not just a figment of Angelina's imagination. Wonder where they go from here?

Also loved, on Reaction, when Tara said why she hit Mickie backstage: "I'm a bitch."

Not sure I'm buying Douglas Williams as a face. Just about everything about him screams, "heel." So, is he going to screw over Morgan? That would be my bet.

Good to see Dixie again. Of course, I'm not sure exactly what talent Hogan acquired that he wasn't authorized to sign. Hardy? Anderson? Mickie? Off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone else that is "new" to TNA. The EV2.0 guys were brought in by Dixie, so not them... It would seem to have to be a heel, but I can't think of any new heels, other than Hardy, whom I thought Dixie brought in. Maybe not, but I guess we'll see?

Didn't like anything Jarrett-related. But, then again, I pretty much have never liked anything involving Jarrett, so whatever.

Was surprised by Sarita answering Madison's challenge/demands by coming out and calling her a loser and such. Would have thought she would have at least tried saying that it was an accident backstage. Then, Madison could have slapped her, or something, and it would have been on. And Sarita, after winning, could have taunted Madison as a loser. Whatever - not a big deal. Too bad, though, that the match seemed pretty sloppy - surprising, considering who was in it.

Thought the Guns bits were really good. Of course, we saw the brawl last week on Reaction, so I fast-forwarded through it this time. And the backstage promo bit they did was really good, I thought. Loved the bit at the end, although I didn't get the Shelley bit about Kevin Bacon stirring her echoes somewhere else. I never saw the movie - maybe that was necessary?

Overall, more talky-talky than I like, but I liked it for the most part.

#GLENNSURVIVESLOL - Cherokee Jack, from TWD Season 6 thread

diablo_dor
Showstopper

Posts 546
Registered 1-11-2010

Mood: confuffled

posted on 11-29-2010 at 10:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I guessed the Hogan "signing" was supposed to be a reference to Matt Hardy or the Omega guys but I never really thought much about it.

Did not get the Kevin Bacon reference by the guns but I fear how a week after announcing the Sabin relationship they are going to bring more of the knockouts involved.

The Douglas promo was an interesting attempt to cement a face turn but I'm not completely sold on the actual turn. Due to the lack of Reaction in the UK I'm unsure if Morgan announced the Ref yet but I really hope it isn't Douglas & instead he gets Kaz then AJ for a feud at the PPVs and they let his wrestling speak for itself.

Was that a Smirnoff Ice that Flair drank, is that really a big deal?
Loved that Kaz had a bottle of Malibu to "clink"

Laner
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1835
Registered 1-8-2002
Location Uptown

Mood:

posted on 11-30-2010 at 07:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wickedfrost
Jeff Jarrett makes little kids tap. Freaking hilarious. This is vintage over-the-top heel JJ instead of whiney, bitchy "founder of TNA" JJ or serious, intense "King of the Mountain" JJ.

I like.

Edit:

[Edited on 11-26-2010 by Wickedfrost]

Awesome... I used to go to David Deaton Karate years ago.

mrpickem1
Man of a Thousand Holds

Mood:

posted on 12-1-2010 at 12:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RFLMAO
thestoryofmikeb
Fella

Posts 440
Registered 11-28-2007
Location Albany, NY

Mood: hopeful

posted on 12-1-2010 at 01:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Biff_Manly
That Jeff Jarrett vid was pretty funny, beating up kids. See if you are going to go for PG you don't have to give up being creative or funny. WWE needs to learn that.

^ this

Running thoughts on the show...

Matt Morgan:
-I don't think anyone expects him to win the world title here, but I think they are handling him very well.
-He's being booked pretty strong overall, holding his own both mentally & physically for the most part. He's not doing all of the usual 'dumb face makes stupid mistakes' again and again. Nice to see a smart big man who can move in the ring.
-Nice to see that he didn't do the obvious thing and just name Williams as his ref, keeps the suspense.
-Loved how he referenced himself, that the world title is the CULMINATION of things... that even if you get oh-so-close... you want to go again and again to finally MAKE IT.
-Unless they botch this entirely, this feud has the potential to really elevate Morgan.

Dreamer vs Rhino
-HATE when street fights end in a roll up.
-looking fwd to RVD vs Rhino at the PPV, should be a fun mix of wrestling & garbage. These two COULD tell a good story in a first blood match.

MCMG:
-loved the backstage skit, gave them a touch of 'bad ass'
-even better because it was immediately follwed by the previously mentioned 'would you hit that' discussion
-a great example of how 90 seconds of face time each week can do great things to keep characters fresh in our minds, keep abreast of their storylines, and keep us wanting more.

Jeff Jarrett:
-I actually chuckled a few times, mixed in with a cringe at the particularly over the top bits
-if nothing else the segments DO make me want to see Joe kick the hell out of him.

Dixie's Injunction
-I really like that they let this go 6 weeks, not 6 MONTHS with nothing happens. Makes me feel that they may not go 100% with the nWo feeling of TOTAL domination for too long.
-If nothing else, serves as a minor victory, and keep the suspense of what happens next.
-Doing a good job of keeping fans wondering what is next, as those questions can drive viewership & curiosity.

Fortune Interview
-I LOVED how Roode basically said "fuck the politics, we're the wrestlers, let them play in court."
-This gives me renewed hope that at some point, the end result of the Immortal/Fortune union is that AJ/Kaz/Beer Money really become the big players in the company.
-Just wish Roode had referenced Kaz's multiple X Title runs, would have reminded us of his Credibility, which has been lacking in the last few weeks.

I'll call it a decent show, definitely enough to keep me watching next week.

[Edited on 12-1-2010 by thestoryofmikeb]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   thestoryofmikeb 's Yahoo

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top