The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What the Eff is wrong with WWE?
Shastar
Showstopper

Posts 870
Registered 1-5-2002
Location VB, VA

Mood: tired

posted on 8-20-2010 at 12:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
What the Eff is wrong with WWE?

so yeah, according to this, WWE had a tryout and pretty much rejected all the girls that tried out.

http://rajah.com/base/node/20022

One of the Quotes is, "she 'absolutely' doesn't have the look company officials like."

This is the "She" that is being referenced:

http://www.wrestlicious.com/bad-girls/toni-the-top.html

Ok, She is just as good looking as many of the girls on the roster, and she actually has wrestling experience, so she won't stink up the ring like 90% of them (or at least, not as badly).

And I like that Johnny Ace said, "if they aren't pretty enough to appear in Playboy, then they shouldn't be hired." This coming from a guy who under his tenure Chyna appeared in Playboy.

Oh look! TNA's on! I'mma go watch that.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   Shastar 's Aim   Shastar 's ICQ status
Thom
The Immortal One

Posts 4890
Registered 1-14-2003
Location At the gym

Mood: Rather be lifting

posted on 8-20-2010 at 01:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Is that a dude?

No, seriously - is that a dude, or at least a TS?

#GLENNSURVIVESLOL - Cherokee Jack, from TWD Season 6 thread

wyattcox
Fella

Posts 491
Registered 11-18-2006
Location Ely, NV

Mood: The Millions....

posted on 8-20-2010 at 06:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Didn't see Toni the Top referred to in the linked article, so dunno. Also dunno if one can consider Wrestlelicious actual experience...though given some of who was in there, they were probably in the ring with some significantly more talented women than are currently in the WWE.

Maybe someone who follows Lucha more than I do can tell me if this Sexy Star has any cred. If she does, than it looks like they're missing the boat to make more south-of-the-border inroads....

theflammablemanimal
American Dream

Posts 7586
Registered 9-2-2008

Mood:

posted on 8-20-2010 at 11:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shastar
Ok, She is just as good looking as many of the girls on the roster, and she actually has wrestling experience, so she won't stink up the ring like 90% of them (or at least, not as badly).

Based on that pic, that's only true if the roster is Nicole Bass, Chyna and Awesome Kong

http://epitomeofmasculinity.blogspot.com/

@EofMasculinity
The first undisputed OO draft champion of the world

Get the pistons pumping and let the pigeons loose on my yambag

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8324
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 8-20-2010 at 11:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Not certain what she looks like with her mask off, but I just found this... and how the fuck is this overweight?

Also, I love the "we only hire girls who look good enough to be in Playboy" line. Yeah, only hire women hot enough to pose in the nude, so you can cover them up in grandma bathing suits and PG-rated on screen relationships.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11764
Registered 12-16-2008

Mood: Tight

posted on 8-21-2010 at 04:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by punkerhardcore
... and how the fuck is this overweight?

You can't see her ribs, duh.

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

ULTIMATE COMMENTATOR SHOWDOWN!

G-B
G-B Classic

Posts 2198
Registered 12-26-2002
Location The Buck, AZ

Mood: Old Schooley...

posted on 8-21-2010 at 08:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

That magazine cover is from October 2009, she may have gained weight. Here is another pic, and she definitely doesn't have a Diva ass.

Toni the Top, aka NY Knockout Nikki, does indeed look like a dude. I've worked shows with her on them. She heavily covers up her midsection, with good reason.

It does make me wonder, though. If Nattie Neidhart wasn't a Neidhart and was at this tryout, would she even get a look?

Jennifer Blake & Rain should have plunked down the grand each. They likely would have been hired on the spot. They can outwrestle 99% of the current Divas, and could appear in Playboy tomorrow.

Biff_Manly
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1143
Registered 6-16-2006

Mood: Ridiculous

posted on 8-21-2010 at 11:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Isn't having to pay for a job interview a serious level of scumbaggery? Is finding new talent that big of a fucking chore that they have to raise over 50 grand to make what appears to be an almost instant superficial decision?

I think in one of those links to Sexy Star someone said she looked like Gaga with her mask off. Seems to me that would be something the WWE could capitalize on. Twelve year old girls like Gaga and they could do a lot with costumes and pageantry.

"Walter: I can solve everything by making this gramophone have sex with time."
--SCSA's Fringe on Ice Holiday Spectacular.

knuckleballschwartz
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1043
Registered 5-24-2006

Mood: on strike

posted on 8-21-2010 at 02:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Biff_Manly
Isn't having to pay for a job interview a serious level of scumbaggery? Is finding new talent that big of a fucking chore that they have to raise over 50 grand to make what appears to be an almost instant superficial decision?

I think in one of those links to Sexy Star someone said she looked like Gaga with her mask off. Seems to me that would be something the WWE could capitalize on. Twelve year old girls like Gaga and they could do a lot with costumes and pageantry.

she doesn't look like Maria or K2 but that alone shouldn't be a bar to her getting hugely over with wwe fans. I'd have thought a recorded comment like that playboy one may be opening one's self up to a discrimination claim too (don't know how the US laws work on that and guess independent contractor status may be a bar in any event).

Also paying for the interview is pretty scummy since unlike superficially similar scenarios like actor's paying fro headshots or models for portfolios or bands for demos or whatever you don't seem to get any training or benefit out of it at all if not taken on.

HAving said that I bet they get so many people who absolutely shouldn't be there its the only way to cut through the crap.

TomS
Showstopper

Posts 784
Registered 7-7-2006

Mood: Moody

posted on 8-21-2010 at 08:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If they had Sexy Star in WWE wrestling in the outfit from the first photo in this thread then I would whole heartedly support her.

The name "Sexy Star" is a bit shit though. It's a bit generic.

LuckyLopez
Reeks of WCW

Posts 12562
Registered 2-13-2003

Mood: Grieving

posted on 8-22-2010 at 08:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Here's Sexy Star sans mask.

She's not a 10 or anything but she's plenty attractive. Sexy Star is plenty attractive enough to be in WWE, with or without mask. Nikki T on the other hand probably should have saved her money, but the AAA Women's Champion with a good look and a rep, some good charisma and decent wrestling skills, a pretty face, good body, and a unique hook in being a masked female should have had a shot. And being told she's overweight or isn't a good enough wrestler for FCW Divas is a joke.

But consider this comes at the same time WWE holds model auditions for new Divas, asking for no wrestling history just looks. Its as simple as that. They want Playboy models and nothing more. They couldn't give a shit if you can wrestle. If you couldn't land a job as a model tomorrow then you're going to need some kind of break to get into WWE. And this all comes on the wings of a story that WWE is restocking the Divas because the current crop is looking at 30. So this is just the state of things. Divas aren't wrestlers, they're models. Period.

He smiled.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   LuckyLopez 's Aim
PyroFalkon
Fella

Posts 453
Registered 11-17-2004
Location Xenia, Ohio

Mood:

posted on 8-23-2010 at 02:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by knuckleballschwartz

I'd have thought a recorded comment like that playboy one may be opening one's self up to a discrimination claim too (don't know how the US laws work on that and guess independent contractor status may be a bar in any event).

Not only does the whole "independent contractor" thing indeed throw a wrench into a theoretical lawsuit, but the statement is purely opinion and can't really be challenged. I could state for the record that "should never pose for Playboy" specifically means "redheads," and I can't get sued because it's not legally discriminatory. It's not like Johnny Ace said "We don't want any more black girls" or something; race is a "protected" group that can't be discriminated against, but whatever retarded ideas Johnny Ace has in regards to measurements aren't a "protected" group.

Although, that does give me a fun mental image of the nine Supreme Court justices huddled around decades of Playboy centerfolds trying to determine what measurements, exactly, are worthy of the Playboy brand name. Ruth Bader Ginsburg's glasses would shatter.

For what it's worth, I, like many of you, think the main qualification for WWE should be "ability to wrestle," but I've resigned myself to the fact that the days for that have come and gone. K2 pretty much proves that a competition for new divas is pretty much on par with a Dallas Cowgirls tryout, except with less emphasis on athletic ability.

ETA: That pic of Sexy Star is... intriguing. She has this look like, she knows you're trying to look down her shirt and she's irritated with you, but she knows you're just a jerk and she wants you to snap the picture to get it over with so she can get back to her breakfast.

But yeah, I'm all for Sexy Star or whoever else to get into WWE and make an actual women's division again. Too bad that dream won't ever come true as long as Johnny Ace-hole is still doing the talent search.

[Edited on 8-23-2010 by PyroFalkon]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   PyroFalkon 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger   PyroFalkon 's Yahoo
The Riot Act
Hot, Spicy, ICHIBAN!!!

Posts 1659
Registered 7-31-2006
Location Canada

Mood:

posted on 8-25-2010 at 09:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LuckyLopez
Nikki T on the other hand probably should have saved her money

Really? I just Googled some photos of her and I don't see how she's all that different from Serena, Jillian Hall or any of the other girls they've hired that don't exactly fit the model mold. She's not perfect, but I don't think she'd be out of place either.

Of course, this is all as objective as Ace's original statement, so who really cares what I think?

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11764
Registered 12-16-2008

Mood: Tight

posted on 8-30-2010 at 05:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'd definitely be supportive of a masked female wrestler in the E. The only thing I fear is that she (and possibly the mask) would be made into a joke sooner rather than later.

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

ULTIMATE COMMENTATOR SHOWDOWN!

doctorb
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1571
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Where everyone is rich but me

Mood: need coffee

posted on 8-30-2010 at 01:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
dammit, Matte, when you're going for b00ard domination while drunk, and you come to the divas forum, you gotta have an almost nude picture to toss in!

The "B" is for Bargain!

theflammablemanimal
American Dream

Posts 7586
Registered 9-2-2008

Mood:

posted on 8-30-2010 at 10:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matte
I'd definitely be supportive of a masked female wrestler in the E. The only thing I fear is that she (and possibly the mask) would be made into a joke sooner rather than later.

She'd be a joke as soon as she signed, just like all the divas.

http://epitomeofmasculinity.blogspot.com/

@EofMasculinity
The first undisputed OO draft champion of the world

Get the pistons pumping and let the pigeons loose on my yambag

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top