The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rumored match listing for Jericho DVD
the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7764
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC
Member Is Online

Mood:

posted on 6-18-2010 at 02:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Rumored match listing for Jericho DVD

Apparently this hasn't been 100% confirmed, but was posted on Amazon:

Disc One:

vs Rob Van Dam

w/ 2 Cold Scorpio vs Shane Douglas & 911

vs Pittbull 2 (ECW TV Title)

vs Alex Wright (WCW debut)

vs Syxx (WCW Cruiserweight Title)

vs Eddie Guerrero

vs Rey Mysterio (WCW Cruiserweight Title)

- Turning on the fans.

vs Dean Malenko (WCW Cruiserweight Title)

vs Juventud Guerrera (WCW Cruiserweight Title)

vs Jeff Jarrett

Extras:

- Getting into the industry.

- Working in Japan and Mexico.

- Going to Extreme Championship Wrestling.

- Going to World Championship Wrestling.

Disc Two:

w/ Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio & Super Calo

vs Stevie Ray (WCW TV Title)

vs Raven (WCW TV Title)

- WWE Debut on Monday Night Raw.

vs Road Dogg

vs Ken Shamrock (First Blood Match)

vs Chyna (WWE Intercontinental Title)

vs X-Pac (Cage Match)

vs Big Show (WWE Hardcore Title)

vs The Rock (WCW World Title)

vs Kurt Angle (WCW World Title)

- Beating The Rock and Steve Austin in the same night.

vs Steve Austin (WWE Undisputed Championship, Vengeance 2002)

Extras:

- Leaving WCW.

- WWE Debut.

- The Invasion.

- Stephanie McMahon is a Bottom Feeding Trash Bag ****.

Disc Three:

w/ Christian vs Jeff Hardy & Rob Van Dam, Bubba Ray & Spike Dudley and Kane (TLC Match, World Tag Team Titles, WWE Raw 7 October 2002)

vs John Cena (β€œYou’re Fired!” Match, WWE Raw 22 August 2005)

- WWE Return.

vs JBL (Royal Rumble 2008)

vs CM Punk, John Morrison, MVP, Carlito, Ken Kennedy, Shelton Benjamin (Money In The Bank, WrestleMania 24)

vs Kofi Kingston (WWE Intercontinental Title)

- Sixth World Title win.

vs Shawn Michaels (Ladder Match, No Mercy 2008)

vs Rey Mysterio (No Holds Barred, Extreme Rules 2009)

vs CM Punk

vs John Morrison

vs Edge (WWE World Heavyweight Title)

Extras:

- Taking time off and the return.

- Going in a new direction.

- Best of The Highlight Reel.

- Feuding with HBK.

- What does the future hold ?

Assuming that's real, it sounds pretty damn awesome. And while the omission of Benoit stuff is no surprise, it's too bad Jericho did so much great stuff with the guy (their ladder match from Royal Rumble 2001, tag title win over Austin/Triple H, and TLC match from Smackdown for instance).

One odd thing though: why the hell did they put the MITB match from WrestleMania XXIV on there? It's not like Jericho won it or played any particularly big role in that match.

C.MontgomeryPunk
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1795
Registered 1-6-2010

Mood: ButtViper-y

posted on 6-18-2010 at 03:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The match where HBK ended up a bloody mess is probably one of my favorite matches in the last five years.

I remember Eddie Guerrero.
#K.R.E.A.M = Kassius Rules Everything Around Me

theflammablemanimal
American Dream

Posts 7586
Registered 9-2-2008

Mood:

posted on 6-18-2010 at 02:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Does sound pretty good. But a Road Dogg match and 2 X-pac matches? Blech.

(I'd say the same for the Chyna match but at least that was a major angle for him)

Oh, and as for coulda-been-Benoit matches, don't forget the Angle/Benoit/Jericho triple threat for the Euro/IC belts. And they had some matches in Japan too, right?

SaiyaJinDX
And I am AWESOME

Posts 230
Registered 11-13-2005

Mood: Chillin

posted on 6-18-2010 at 04:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just curious, is the Tag Title win with Benoit over Austin/HHH on any other DVD?

I don't believe it is, and it's one of the matches I was really looking forward to owning once a Jericho DVD came out. Unfortunate.

I also wonder how much of the Dean Malenko story they'll put in (how can they not have the whole Ciclope switch?)

But yeah, overall I agree it looks like an awesome set.

theflammablemanimal
American Dream

Posts 7586
Registered 9-2-2008

Mood:

posted on 6-18-2010 at 04:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Good call on Malenko. Hope the "man of 1004 holds" bit makes the DVD.
diablo_dor
Showstopper

Posts 546
Registered 1-11-2010

Mood: confuffled

posted on 6-18-2010 at 07:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It does seem rather random to have that Money in the Bank Match but isn't it Kayfabe that Jericho came up with the Idea so maybe they wanted one in & the first ended with Edge & Benoit, didn't it?

But yep I'd love as much on Malenko as possible, how many people can feud with someone & make them far more over than they ever have been whilst they're never about?

Only Vince calling out God comes close!

FistHiccups
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1249
Registered 6-27-2007

Mood:

posted on 6-19-2010 at 03:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SaiyaJinDX
Just curious, is the Tag Title win with Benoit over Austin/HHH on any other DVD?

I don't think so. It made a very brief appearance on the most recent HHH DVD when he talks about the injury, and there might be extended highlights on the old WWF Action! DVD, but I don't think the full match has ever been put on DVD. If Mr Roboto hadn't gone all murderous, it'd be a gimme for this set, I'd think (although they didn't include it on Benoit's 2004 DVD for some reason).

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7764
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC
Member Is Online

Mood:

posted on 6-19-2010 at 04:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FistHiccups
and there might be extended highlights on the old WWF Action! DVD

I have that DVD (which is a bit of a fucking gem at this point) and will have to go back and check if there are any highlights of the match on it. It's certainly possible, since there are Jericho vs. Triple H and Jericho vs. Stone Cold matches on that DVD. And there is the older Triple H DVD (titled The Game) that I also own, which I think shows more extended clips of the match.

Otherwise, the only other one I can think of that it could perhaps be on is the Stone Cold "What?" DVD. If not, I agree that it has never been officially released on a disc in it's entirety.

Nash is only a few inches bigger than JBL and depending on how stiff he gets Punk should be able to take it. -JB King, meant in a totally non-sexual way

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4567
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 6-19-2010 at 05:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Maybe as an extra, or hell even as a match, but when he "falsely" won the big belt off of HHH with the APA, only to have it overturned later that night would be a great addition.
Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12571
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 6-19-2010 at 08:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theflammablemanimal
Does sound pretty good. But a Road Dogg match and 2 X-pac matches? Blech.

You make it sound like X-Pac is on Chris Masters' level or something. Say what you will about the guy but he had some great matches in his heyday.

And IIRC the Jericho-Road Dogg match wasn't bad at all.

theflammablemanimal
American Dream

Posts 7586
Registered 9-2-2008

Mood:

posted on 6-20-2010 at 02:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Is Good517You make it sound like X-Pac is on Chris Masters' level or something. Say what you will about the guy but he had some great matches in his heyday.

Well, not Chris Masters. Maybe more like a Dudebuster.

I know he had a lot of talent starting out, and the Counterfactual guy likes him, but I remember hating almost every X-pac match, especially once he became the "martial arts expert" based on some horrible looking spin kicks. The only matches I can recall ever liking were the ladder match vs Eddy, the Clockwork Orange Funhouse (or whatever) match vs Raven and the match vs Shane at WM XV. Of course, all these were just spotfests.

There's a reason that it's called X-pac heat when people get booed because they suck.

ashleyschafferbmw
Turd Generation Superstar

Posts 17
Registered 1-26-2010

Mood:

posted on 6-21-2010 at 07:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
apparently Benoit will be on the elimination chamber DVD - so I'd love to see at least 1 Benoit match on Jericho's - hopefully 1 from WWE and 1 from Japan

My vote would be for the 3 way with Angle at WM for the Euro & IC belts

Japan action from the early 90's - Lionheart vs. Kid Pegasus - can't beat that

I'm first in line for any Jericho DVD - this guy is the best in the world at what he does after all

Froggie
Showstopper

Posts 518
Registered 10-25-2002
Location Bizarro Land, Ontario

Mood: Stylin'

posted on 6-21-2010 at 07:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flash
Maybe as an extra, or hell even as a match, but when he "falsely" won the big belt off of HHH with the APA, only to have it overturned later that night would be a great addition.

I guess the "Referees decison is always final" rule doesn't work if HHH is involved, eh?? That was quite a moment! The crowd went completely insane when they thought that Jericho had beaten Hunter

"...Best There Ever Will Be!!"
-When WWE jobbed first time WWE World Heavyweight Champion Christian out to Randy Orton and turned him heel when he (Christian) was arguably the most over babyface on the roster and having great matches with everyone on the card, it was at that exact moment that WWE jumped the shark!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   Froggie 's ICQ status
LuckyLopez
Reeks of WCW

Posts 12562
Registered 2-13-2003

Mood: Grieving

posted on 6-21-2010 at 08:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theflammablemanimal
There's a reason that it's called X-pac heat when people get booed because they suck.

But there's also a reason that before that happened X-Pac was part of what helped spark the DX to become super-faces, helped carry the nWo in the ring, was a very over face act in WWF, and way before that in a largely forgotten GWF fed The Lightning Kid vs Jerry Lynn has been referenced as the real precursor to the CW and X divisions in wrestling.

To each his own, obviously, but Pac could go in his day. Hell, he can STILL go under the right conditions. He's a douche and a fuckup and people turned HARD on him when he was running around with one of the lamest stables ever... but the guy could wrestle. And in a nWo story that was 90% out of ring stuff his matches vs Jericho, Malenko, and Eddie were some of the very few wrestling highlights I remember.

Its actually a LOT more WCW content than I expected and I wonder if that trend continues into the main narrative. Or is this one of the DVDs with no awesome biography?

He smiled.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   LuckyLopez 's Aim
SeanSmythe
Showstopper

Posts 576
Registered 7-27-2006

Mood: Hungry

posted on 6-21-2010 at 09:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think the Road Dogg match is on because it was his first TV match in WWE so it would make sense to include it. As for the Benoit stuff, as has been said to bad the Ladder match at the 2001 rumble and the forgotten tlc match wont be in there cause they are awesome matches.
theflammablemanimal
American Dream

Posts 7586
Registered 9-2-2008

Mood:

posted on 6-21-2010 at 09:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The forgotten TLC match is on the Ladder Match DVD. I don't think the Benoit/Jericho match is there though. (Oh wait, maybe it is but edited? I remember watching that match on some DVD and wondering where the suicide dive into the chair went. Maybe that was just on some best matches retro?)

EDIT:

Doublecheck and Benoit/Jericho is on the Ladder DVD. I'd have to rewatch, but for some reason I'm pretty sure they cut that suicide dive spot)

[Edited on 6-22-2010 by theflammablemanimal]

FistHiccups
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1249
Registered 6-27-2007

Mood:

posted on 6-22-2010 at 02:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
X-Pac was fine until the heel turn/DX reunion. That really fucked over the Outlaws, too.
southermagu
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1214
Registered 1-11-2006
Location Louisville

Mood: APOLOGY!!

posted on 6-22-2010 at 05:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
manimal,

Unless I'm out of my mind, the suicide dive spot is in still in the match.

Hey guys...

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   southermagu 's Yahoo
theflammablemanimal
American Dream

Posts 7586
Registered 9-2-2008

Mood:

posted on 6-22-2010 at 08:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I must be thinking of some other place I saw it, like a year-end best-of or something.

Man, I love that spot.

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4431
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 6-23-2010 at 05:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LuckyLopez
Its actually a LOT more WCW content than I expected and I wonder if that trend continues into the main narrative. Or is this one of the DVDs with no awesome biography?

It's the latter, Lucky. You can tell by the "chapter" listings... the good ones have between 10-20 vague titles on Disc One. The bad ones just tell you "vs. Whoever" for every chapter.

So this'll be the assortment of matches, not the documentary. Much like the Macho Man Savage DVD, I'll take a pass, since I still have lords-knows-how-many VHS's of WWF and WCW if I really want to watch. And also: I know how to works the youtubes. So if WWE ain't gonna make the effort to film new interviews that add to my knowledge/appreciation of matches I already have, then screw 'em.

The Harts DVD was pretty good, with a solid documentary part, and the Steamboat one is looking OK too (though that documentary is only gonna be about 50-60 minutes, instead of the more common 90-plus; not that anything will ever match the THREE HOUR DOCUMENTARY of the original ECW DVD, but is there really any reason to drop under 90 minutes when you're chronicling a guy you already know fans love? it's not like you'll bore us with TOO MUCH INFORMATION, so just drop the knowledge bomb, if the guy is already retired and we already love him; I know that doesn't apply to Jericho, but I just wanted to rant)... but I have a feeling I'll take a pass on this one, since it contains nothing that I can't call up from my own archives if I make a half-hearted effort.

Rick

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4567
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 6-23-2010 at 01:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I uh, "found" a copy of the Legacy of SCSA online, and i gotta say it was a nice package of matches with a bit of narrative in there. As much as I liked it though, I'm not sure if its something I would pay for or not.

I think this format of DVD set is nice, you do kinda get an overview of the guy's career between the matches and the mini commentaries in between. Seeing as how you can tell that the commentaries were just cut down, it would have been nice to have some of them run a little longer for those that didn't pick up previous sets that may be out of circulation now.

TommyD420
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1739
Registered 12-30-2005
Location Worcester, MA

Mood: Smurfy

posted on 6-23-2010 at 08:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
There needs to be a 3rd Disc:

2005, 2008-present - "The Jobber Years"

Heath Slater

Evan Bourne

John Cena

Jack Swagger

Rey Mysterio

and MUCH MUCH MORE!

[Edited on 6/23/2010 by TommyD420]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   TommyD420 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
The Hitcher
Fella

Posts 405
Registered 12-25-2008
Location Manchester, UK

Mood: GLORIOUS!

posted on 6-23-2010 at 11:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Not having an easy access to my archive of VHS tapes anymore since the fire I'll probably pick this up regardless.

For those interested: I had a fire in my home a few years back which destroyed all my wrestling VHS's (300-400ish tapes.) Strangely that's pretty much all it destroyed. I took it as a sign I shouldn't have that much wrestling in my possession so I'm selective nowdays lest I incur the wrath of the Gods again...

[Edited on 6-23-2010 by The Hitcher]

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7764
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC
Member Is Online

Mood:

posted on 8-5-2010 at 11:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just thought I'd drag this thread back up because apparently the official match listing for the Jericho DVD has been released and it is quite a bit different than the rumored one I posted a couple of months ago (not to mention that the title seems to have changed from Chris Jericho: The Highlight Reel to Breaking The Code: Behind the Walls of Chris Jericho). While it has a lot less matches than what was rumored (and only about a third of the rumored ones made it onto the DVD), I'd say this looks like an even better set in some ways.

DISC ONE:
Documentary
Chapters
A Star is Born
International Sensation
Land of the Extreme
Arrival in WCW
Best in Show
Never Evvver the Same Again
Conspiracy Victim
Armbar
Greenberg
The Millennium Man
The Y2J Era Begins
Undisputed Champion
Highlight of the Night
The Highlight Reel
Facing an Idol
Total Buffoonery
You're Fired!
Breaking Out
Fozzy
Time Away
Breaking the Code
An Honest Man
Career Renaissance
Save Us
The Best in the World at What I Do

DISC ONE EXTRAS:

A Young Fanatic

Jack Action

Leon de Oro

The Thrillseekers Vignette #1

The Thrillseekers Vignette #2

"Have you heard of Chris Jericho?"

Paul Heyman's Roommate

Mister Salty

The Man of 1,004 Holds
Nitro – March 30, 1998

Conspiracy Victim
Nitro – June 1, 1998 (2:30)

Father Knows Best
Thunder – June 11, 1998

"Hello, Lexington!"
Thunder – September 10, 1998

Do You Smell What Y2J is Cookin'?
RAW – October 30, 2000

Sharing a Beer with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
Post-RAW – August 25, 2003

Jericho vs. The Old Man
Post-Smackdown! – November 17, 2009

Jericho's Junction

Fozzy Music Video – Let the Madness Begin

DISC TWO:

"Cowboy" Chris Jericho vs. Lance T. Storm
Calgary, Alberta October 2, 1990
Alternate Commentary By: Chris Jericho & Matt Striker

The Thrill Seekers vs. The Infernos
Smoky Mountain Wrestling March 12, 1994

International Junior Heavyweight Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Ultimo Dragon
Japan July 7, 1995

Chris Jericho vs. Cactus Jack
Hardcore TV March 12, 1996

WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Eddie Guerrero
Fall Brawl September 14, 1997

Mask vs. WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Juventud Guerrera
SuperBrawl VIII February 22, 1998

WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Dean Malenko
Nitro July 27, 1998

The Millennium Countdown Clock Expires
RAW August 9, 1999

Intercontinental Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Kurt Angle
No Way Out February 27, 2000

WWE Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Triple H
RAW April 17, 2000

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. The Rock
No Mercy October 21, 2001

Undisputed Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
Vengeance December 9, 2001

DISC THREE:

No Disqualification Match for the WWE Undisputed Championship
Chris Jericho vs. Hulk Hogan
SmackDown May 2, 2002

Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels
WrestleMania XIX March 30, 2003

WWE Championship You're Fired Match
Chris Jericho vs. John Cena
RAW August 22, 2005

Save_US.Y2J
RAW November 19, 2007

Intercontinental Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Jeff Hardy
RAW March 10, 2008

Ladder Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels
No Mercy October 5, 2008

No Holds Barred Match for the Intercontinental Championship
Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio
Extreme Rules June 7, 2009

Non-Title Match
Chris Jericho vs. Undertaker
SmackDown! November 13, 2009

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Edge
WrestleMania XXVI March 28, 2010

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4431
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 8-6-2010 at 01:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am super-stoked about this revised listing. Mostly because of the addition of an actual documentary element. Even if it's shortish (like the Steamboat one), it'll make the set worth seeing.

The fact that said documentary has a chapter titled "Armbar" only makes it more enticing. And it also re-inforces my belief that the Forces Of Good had a lot to do with the overall direction/content of this set.

Match listing is pretty solid, too. Love that we're giving the WCW Years a fair shake, and that we're even going back before that for some ECW and even some SMW and Japan. Only complaint I could muster is I could have done for a bit more of Attitude Era stuff, and less post-comeback stuff. The last three matches listed aren't really DVD-worthy at all, and I can think of at least a half dozen 2000-2004 matches that are conspicuous by their absences.

And only a couple of them are Benoit-ish, so that's not a real problem. We could still have replaced the latter-day filler with good stuff from Jericho's peak. But like I said: that's a minor complaint about what appears to be a fantastic collection in the big picture.

Rick

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top