The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dream matches we'll never see (or missed opportunities for 5-star matches)
Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12571
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 3-19-2010 at 03:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Let me preface this by pointing out that it's no secret that I hate Sting more than anybody else here, but Sting vs. Undertaker and Sting vs. HBK are two matches we'll never see that would have been huge, huge matches that even I might have been able to get excited about.

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

Fifth Horseman
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1663
Registered 1-15-2006

Mood:

posted on 3-19-2010 at 04:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm trying to think of more current ones, but in the meantime...

Ric Flair / Shawn Michaels, WWE, early 90s? Back when Flair was much closer to his prime, and Michaels was starting his solo run...

Steve Austin / Eddie Guerrero, ECW, 1995 - I'm pretty sure they were both there for a brief spell at that time, and it would have been back during a time when Austin used more of his technical expertise.

MayhemNX
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1715
Registered 11-18-2006
Location Web City

Mood: Bitey

posted on 3-19-2010 at 04:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Shawn and Flair actually did have a quick match back than. Wasn't anything big, but back then who knew about Shawn becoming big?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsYX6SSRiv4

Edit: On a side note with the Flair/Micheals thing, I did not realize they had a match as a team against Hart and Savage. Talk about big names crammed into one match. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzAWMfTIOBs&feature=related

I think the Sting v Warrior matches the COULD'VE happened back in the early 90s late 80s would have been neat, back when they were trying to lure Warrior over into being the Black Scorpion.

[Edited on 3-19-2010 by MayhemNX]

Quantum Fetish Mechanics: The act of thinking up a new type of fetish causes that fetish to exist. Someone probably has a website dedicated to it. Schrodinger's cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by peanut butter and elbows.

Fifth Horseman
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1663
Registered 1-15-2006

Mood:

posted on 3-19-2010 at 07:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Doesn't surprise me Flair and Michaels had a match, I suppose. Who know indeed.

I'm having a hard time thinking of matches that could have occurred, as opposed to the "dream matches" that are popping up. I suppose with no current WCW/ECW/AWA, etc, with more character turns enabling wrestlers to face both "sides" of a roster, and shorter feuds, you see a lot of different matches.

TownOfDalem
Undisputibed Champion

Posts 2727
Registered 10-4-2007
Location Durham, NC

Mood: Waddle

posted on 3-19-2010 at 08:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Did Hogan and Jake Roberts ever feud?

I remember being super excited when Hart and Sting finally matched up for the battle of the sharpshooters.

Austin vs DDP is something I would of enjoyed.

For more current things I would love to see AJ vs HBK and Jericho. Daniel Bryan vs HBK could also be awesome. I assume it must have happened in ROH but Bryan or AJ vs Punk is must watch as well.

I aslo think WWE is really missing out on a dream match opportunity by not having a big time Cena vs Orton feud.

OO's only mammal penguin

MayhemNX
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1715
Registered 11-18-2006
Location Web City

Mood: Bitey

posted on 3-19-2010 at 09:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Undertaker/Goldberg would have been great for hype alone. But if I recall Taker was pretty much injured the whole time Goldberg was in.

Mike Awesome was with the WWE untill Sept of 02, and Brock Lesnar debuted in March of 02, so they could have had a match together. If they'd been allowed to go full tilt, that could have been great.

Quantum Fetish Mechanics: The act of thinking up a new type of fetish causes that fetish to exist. Someone probably has a website dedicated to it. Schrodinger's cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by peanut butter and elbows.

theflammablemanimal
American Dream

Posts 7586
Registered 9-2-2008

Mood:

posted on 3-19-2010 at 09:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MayhemNX
Mike Awesome was with the WWE untill Sept of 02, and Brock Lesnar debuted in March of 02, so they could have had a match together. If they'd been allowed to go full tilt, that could have been great.

NICE call.

How about HBK vs Edge vs Christian in a ladder match?

nilesanderson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1643
Registered 5-2-2003
Location Halifax, Nova Scotia

Mood: Superior

posted on 3-20-2010 at 11:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
HBK/Edge/Christian/Jericho/CM Punk/Jon Morrison - TLC for the World Title. Seriously, this would own.
bbty23
Fella

Posts 308
Registered 9-26-2002

Mood:

posted on 3-23-2010 at 04:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Bret Hart/Eddie Guerrero in WCW would have kicked all sorts of ass. I thought this could have happened since Hart did do mini feuds with Benoit and Booker T, but unfortunately it never did.

Also, The Rock vs. Shawn Michaels would be awesome. It's unfortunate that the timing never worked right between these guys. When The Rock was becoming a main event player, HBK retired, and when HBK returned, The Rock was pretty much out of wrestling.

And, for some reason even I can't explain, I always wanted to see Kane vs. Brock Lesnar.

Katie Vick killer
The Rowdy One

Posts 2257
Registered 8-25-2003
Location w/ Randall

Mood: Chin locked

posted on 3-23-2010 at 11:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I remember when LOD came back for the try out match in 2003 and they were against RVD/Kane.

I couldn't help but think LOD vs Dudleyz waould've been a better concpet, than the current tag champs?

theflammablemanimal
American Dream

Posts 7586
Registered 9-2-2008

Mood:

posted on 3-23-2010 at 11:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wow, surprised Brock never fought Kane.

By the way, just found this at work. Haven't had the chance to watch but figured I'd share.

Leviathan (Batista) vs Brock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkvLj86MtEk

bbty23
Fella

Posts 308
Registered 9-26-2002

Mood:

posted on 1-28-2018 at 12:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bbty23

And, for some reason even I can't explain, I always wanted to see Kane vs. Brock Lesnar.

FINALLY!

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7515
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 1-31-2018 at 06:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

FINALLY!

Okay, the real question is how did you even remember you had posted that here eight years ago?

Nash is only a few inches bigger than JBL and depending on how stiff he gets Punk should be able to take it. -JB King, meant in a totally non-sexual way

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2335
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 3-26-2018 at 06:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Rock vs. HBK

El Generico Vs. Super Dragon in a PWG ring.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7515
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 3-30-2018 at 02:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CamstunPWG187
The Rock vs. HBK

Interesting thing about Rock/HBK: It technically could have happened, as they were on the same WrestleMania card three times (XIV, XIX, and XX) and also a handful of other PPVs together like SummerSlam 2002 and Backlash 2003. Just one of those great "what could have been" matchups that the stars never aligned for.

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4987
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 3-30-2018 at 05:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Austin vs. CM Punk always was a dream match of mine. Thought those two guys on the mike along with their personas would have kicked ass.

What about a match featuring Austin/Rock/Hogan/Flair/Cena in a Fatal Fiveway?

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3051
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

Mood: Stoked

posted on 3-31-2018 at 05:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I know they faced each other in a tag team capacity, but HBK and John Morrison would have been a lot of fun.

[Edited on 3-31-2018 by denverpunk]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top