The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Future Endeavors
TownOfDalem
Undisputibed Champion

Posts 2775
Registered 10-4-2007
Location Durham, NC

Mood: Waddle

posted on 1-7-2010 at 11:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Future Endeavors

So I feel a little quilty laughing at this but a friend at the company I work for was just fired. The email our manager sent out letting everyone know was as follows:

(Name withheld) is no longer with the company. We wish her all the best in her future endeavors.

I think she could be a good pick up for TNA.

OO's only mammal penguin

Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12571
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 1-8-2010 at 12:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Back when I worked at the bank, the completely batshit insane girl that worked right beside me got fired one day. She was crazy to begin with and then her husband left her like three weeks before she got fired so the crazy was really ramped up and then they fired her. But before she could leave they had to audit her drawer. And we were super busy that day so they couldn't get her audited right away so she had to hang out at the place where she'd just been fired for over an hour and the whole time she was bawling and screaming and freaking out. Awkward as hell. I wish they would have just sent out an email.

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10741
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

Mood: Blade Jaggart Rulez!

posted on 1-8-2010 at 12:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I've been future endeavoured twice in the last ten years in my career, mostly thanks to working for places that see all their work dry up. The severance packages help smooth things out a bit but overall the feeling left behind truly sucks. I'm a contractor now. That way I get out long before things get bad and I don't have to put up with any of that cringe-inducing idiocy from upper management about what a great "team" or "family" we all are at work. My advice, learned from bitter experience, is when you hear a manager start to talk like that, start looking for another job right away because they're usuall lying just to keep the staffers from panicking and all leaving for new jobs at the same time.

Hey bitches! Screw ALL of you! - heel Bayley, Oct 11 2019

TownOfDalem
Undisputibed Champion

Posts 2775
Registered 10-4-2007
Location Durham, NC

Mood: Waddle

posted on 5-7-2010 at 05:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well I knew you would be right Paddlefoot, but they were paying me so well that I didn't want to quit. I'm just glad I was able to get my new crown put in before losing my insurance. Time to start calling temp agencies. I am so fucking glad I've been saving money these past few months.

Edit: At least I have plenty of time to post here now. You're less then 300 ahead of me Paddle. Look Out!

[Edited on 5-7-2010 by TownOfDalem]

OO's only mammal penguin

outback jack
The Great One

Posts 3811
Registered 3-10-2003
Location not Australia

Mood: old

posted on 5-9-2010 at 11:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
We find it's always better to fire people on a Friday. Studies have statistically shown that there's less chance of an incident if you do it at the end of the week.
Shao Khan
Showstopper

Posts 807
Registered 1-11-2006
Location Moab, Ut.

Mood: FOOTBALL!!!

posted on 5-10-2010 at 12:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by outback jack
We find it's always better to fire people on a Friday. Studies have statistically shown that there's less chance of an incident if you do it at the end of the week.

I don't know; I've always read that it's better to do it at the beginning of the week, so they'll be more apt to be looking for new jobs than shooting up the old place.

outback jack
The Great One

Posts 3811
Registered 3-10-2003
Location not Australia

Mood: old

posted on 5-11-2010 at 06:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That was just a quote from Office Space, but I think I read somewhere that people are usually let go at the end of the day so they can't come back to cause trouble after getting liquored up.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top