The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: awesome, someone else i went to college with is dead
Stone Cold Steve Autism
I did eat all the macaroni. I don't know how he knows.

Posts 2287
Registered 4-29-2008

Mood: Sparklee

posted on 1-5-2010 at 08:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
awesome, someone else i went to college with is dead

post your favorite "people you know are dead" stories here

Chevy Chase has denied allegations of membership in the Proud Boys.

Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12571
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 1-5-2010 at 08:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well, a girl I went to high school with didn't buckle her seat belt and turned out her door wasn't shut tight so she was driving down the highway and leaned against the door and fell out of the car and died. Does that qualify?

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

Stone Cold Steve Autism

Posts 2287
Registered 4-29-2008

posted on 1-5-2010 at 08:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Is Good517
Well, a girl I went to high school with didn't buckle her seat belt and turned out her door wasn't shut tight so she was driving down the highway and leaned against the door and fell out of the car and died. Does that qualify?

that's awesome

Stone Cold Steve Autism

Posts 2287
Registered 4-29-2008

posted on 1-5-2010 at 08:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
reminder that Crash Holly tried to drink a gallon of milk in under an hour and that's why he died

Thom
The Immortal One

Posts 4890
Registered 1-14-2003
Location At the gym

Mood: Rather be lifting

posted on 1-5-2010 at 09:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hoo, boy...

Gonna be one of those nights, I see.

#GLENNSURVIVESLOL - Cherokee Jack, from TWD Season 6 thread

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10722
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

Mood: Blade Jaggart Rulez!

posted on 1-5-2010 at 09:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Back in the summer of 1985, right after high school grad, a guy I knew named Leo, who dropped out before senior year ended, carjacked a pizza delivery driver that came to his house. He stuck a gun in the drivers face and forced him to drive away. Fortunately, the driver was able to bail out at a red light because Leo then got behind the wheel, took the car up to about 120, and killed himself by deliberately ramming the car into an concrete abutment for an overpass. Quote unquote from the cops on the scence: ugh, what a mess.

Fairly sad at the time, because Leo seemed like an OK guy before he got badly messed up on amphetamines and coke. But at least the delivery driver got out before Leo ended it all in a spectacular fashion.

[Edited on 1-5-2010 by Paddlefoot]

Hey bitches! Screw ALL of you! - heel Bayley, Oct 11 2019

Columbo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1011
Registered 11-2-2004
Location @columbo527

Mood: GodDamnWOOO

posted on 1-6-2010 at 12:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I was surfing in good ole Sea Isle City back during Hurricane Opal when POW!!! I hit a fucking jetty. I didn't die, but boy was I embarrased.

"The North Cafeteria, named after Admiral William North, is located in the western portion of East Hall, gateway to the western half of North Hall, which is named, not after William North, but for its position above the South Wall. It is the most contested and confusing battlefield on Greendale’s campus, next to the English Memorial Spanish Center, named after English Memorial, a Portuguese sailor that discovered Greendale while looking for a fountain that cured syphilis."

BBMN
HAVES A CROOKED DICK!! !

Posts 2511
Registered 6-27-2007
Location tumblr

Mood: SJW

posted on 1-6-2010 at 12:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My freshmen year of college was at a branch location of Ohio State in Mansfield. My entry level anthropology professor one day in class remarked that anthropologists had a high rate of suicide, just like dentists. My dentist from my childhood killed himself with a gun on the way home one day. This happened about 3-4 years before college. Skip forward a year and I run into one of my fellow classmates from anthro 110 that moved to Columbus as well. We bullshit for a minute and he says, "Remember how our teacher told us about suicide? Yea, he killed himself."
Stone Cold Steve Autism

Posts 2287
Registered 4-29-2008

posted on 1-6-2010 at 01:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BBMN
My freshmen year of college was at a branch location of Ohio State in Mansfield. My entry level anthropology professor one day in class remarked that anthropologists had a high rate of suicide, just like dentists. My dentist from my childhood killed himself with a gun on the way home one day. This happened about 3-4 years before college. Skip forward a year and I run into one of my fellow classmates from anthro 110 that moved to Columbus as well. We bullshit for a minute and he says, "Remember how our teacher told us about suicide? Yea, he killed himself."

wouldn't it have been amazing if he did it to win an argument

like, "oh, you think that statistic is bullshit, do you???"

BLAMMO

DrBoz
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1038
Registered 1-2-2006
Location Indiana

Mood: Bubbly!

posted on 1-6-2010 at 02:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I started my doctoral program back in 2000. My first year I worked in the stats lab with a second year from my program. She was a nice enough girl, but she had macular degeneration and was on the way to being completely blind. She already had a glass eye if I recall, and the other eye was going downhill fast.

Anyway, during the Summer of 2001 several of us from the program got together for a party. She stopped by for a while but seemed really "off." It was almost like she was drugged out, but to the best of my knowledge she had never done anything illegal. Turns out, it was the last time I saw her. Not long after that party she blew her brains out. To this day, I have no idea where she got the gun. I can't even picture her going to buy one, legally or otherwise.

Finding out a classmate killed herself, especially when you'd seen her only days earlier, is a big enough kick in the nuts. What made it so much worse was that my program is in clinical psychology. So naturally everyone (students and faculty alike) kept questioning how they didn't see it coming. But the way she did it certainly indicated to me she had no intention of screwing it up, nor did she have any intention of someone stopping her before she had the chance to do it.

She also happened to do it on my birthday. Bitch.

Then of course 9/11 came about a month later, so that was kind of a shitty few weeks.

Fast forward a few more months to January 2002. Another girl from my program (same class as the girl who killed herself) died in a car accident on a road I traveled many a time. Needless to say, that specific class was all sorts of fucked up for some time. My last memory of her was hanging out with her toked ass along with my best friend from the program (also in their same class) thinking I totally coulda had a three-way if I so desired. Of course seeing as I'm a gay homosexual, I did not so desire. I'm kind of glad though, cuz thinking about having a three-way with a chick that died soon after kind of weirds me out.

The end. All my other death stories are just normal, although my dad died on April 1st. Every phone call and email that day started with, "I know it's April Fools Day and all...."

CBGWO!!! She is my everything!

MadStepDad
Banned

Posts 1001
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Broken City MA State

Mood: HIGH

posted on 10-14-2010 at 07:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm going to resurrect this because people think I'm this guy anyway, so who cares.

1995 - see my first murder at the Brockton Fair. Bunch of Asian bloods tussling on the fairway, one kid catches a muthaphuckkin hatchet to the back of the head. Didn't know him personally.

1995 - First school mate murdered, freshman year. Announcement was made over the intercom on a Monday morning (it happened over the weekend). School was only a week or two old at the time. Knew him personally.

Can't remember the date, but I used to record with my cousins at a place called Drummers Lounge in Brockton. Public bathroom was locked for like, a week straight. FINALLY got the owners to unlock it... and there a dead heroin junkie stiff inside. Didn't know him personally.

Sometime before 2001 (cuz I wasn't legal drinking age yet) - left our beers in the woods. Went to get them the next day and there was a bum who found them, drank them and passed out. We kicked him a little bit to wake him up, but he didn't. Dead. Didn't know him personally.

My wife's homegirls' lesbian girlfriend died of a heroin overdose sometime in 2006. Knew her personally.

Saw my second murder in Brockton, sometime in 06 or 07? It was crazy and I blogged about it at the time. White dude wheeled up on a Cape Verdian guy getting his daughter out of the backseat and shot him to death. Fucking crazy, and I was super drunk and high with no sleep at the time and it was madd early in the morning. Papers said there was a traffic dispute earlier.

Lost two schoolmates to Afghanistan in 06, 07 I believe. Michael Kelly (my wife's cousin) and my boy Anthony Palermo, BHS Class of 98. That's when the war actually hit home for me.

Our boy Dutch was murdered in 2005, his body dumped in a neighbors yard. Terrible, terrible day and even worse funeral. Blogged about it at the time. Actually, it was right around the time Michael Kelly died in the war (see above).

In December 09 my best friend B-Sweezy died of a heroin overdose in a shitty motel in Brockton.

In January 2010 my boy from WAY back in the day was murdered along with his sister. They kicked in their apartment door, shot Maria dead and found Jorge in bed and killed him too. Maria's 11-year old autistic son was there the entire time.

Another life long chum of mine died in 2005 in a car crash. Bunch of people I know died in car crashes but he was the closest one to me.

One of my best friends growing up, Richardson Suever (nice Haitian kid, looked just like Shabba Ranks) shot his girlfriend to death then killed himself. 2006ish I think?

That's all I can think of now.

EDIT:

Whoops, I guess time flies. Decided to google some of this stuff and the Richardson thing was actually 2004.

July 7: Rachel Thomas, 20, of Brockton died after her boyfriend Richardson Sauveur, 27, allegedly shot her in the head early in the morning in Salisbury Park in Brockton. Sauveur then turned the gun on himself in an apparent murder suicide. Both were alive when found by police but died later in the hospital.

THAT was fucking tragic cuz I'm telling you, dude was MADD cool. Not a mean bone in his body.

[Edited on 10-14-2010 by MadStepDad]

Chris Is Good517

Posts 12571
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 10-15-2010 at 03:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Saw a dead possum on the shoulder of the road on the way to class this morning. Didn't know him personally.

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11580
Registered 12-16-2008

Mood: Tight

posted on 10-15-2010 at 06:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I saw a rabbit get hit by a car about 10 feet from me once. It did a flip.

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

salmonjunkie

Posts 12677
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 10-15-2010 at 07:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I killed an ant the other day. I knew this ant. It was personal.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3947
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 10-16-2010 at 01:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I read this post and I felt several brain cells die...

I have known them my whole life.

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic – Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

MadStepDad
Banned

Posts 1001
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Broken City MA State

Mood: HIGH

posted on 10-16-2010 at 02:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I never made road kill before EVER in my life, until one time I hit a possum. It cracked the entire front bumper. Of course it was the one day I was driving in a rental. I TOOK IT VERY PERSONALLY.

• MadStepDad - Broken City Championship Wrestling
    Respect the Shooters & Hookers
    City of Champions
    Know the Ledge
    Behind the Walls
    Grand Conjunction
    AFTERMATH

Shao Khan
    Showstopper

Posts 807
    Registered 1-11-2006
    Location Moab, Ut.

Mood: FOOTBALL!!!

posted on 10-16-2010 at 03:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
    quote:
    Originally posted by MadStepDad
    I never made road kill before EVER in my life, until one time I hit a possum. It cracked the entire front bumper. Of course it was the one day I was driving in a rental. I TOOK IT VERY PERSONALLY.

That actually reminds me of the time I was driving on the PA. turnpike on my way to Chicago to visit my dad. For anyone who hasn't driven on it, the Pennsylvania turnpike is your basic 4 lane highway with a jersey wall dividing it, so you have jersey wall, two lanes of traffic, mountain. That's it until you reach the divide to the Ohio turnpike.

As I was driving in the lane with the jersey wall to my left, another car was in the lane next to the mountain - we're pretty much keeping pace with each other. Anyway, I'm looking down the road and see something moving in the road. Too dark to see exactly what, I kept driving until just about the time the lights hit whatever it was (it was about 3:00 in the morning, so even with some lighting out there it was still dark as hell). My guess was that it had already been hit by a car and was trying to make it across the road still. No such luck. Just as the lights hit it, the fucking thing looked right up at me I swear the thing looked me dead in the eyes just as I was about to hit it as if to ask, "Why?" I couldn't swerve because of the other car on the road and at this point I kinda just braced for the impact. Damn, crushing that thing's skull make the entire left side of my car tilt. Got to a rest area and checked my left side and sure enough, fucked the front of the bumper up.

I can still see whatever it was looking at me with that look.

gobbledygooker
    Sister Act 2

Posts 9471
    Registered 12-17-2002
    Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 10-16-2010 at 04:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
    A guy I went to high school with OD'd on some sort of mix of Ecstasy and God-knows-what-else about 10 years ago.

And a guy I vaguely knew jumped off a water tower a few months ago. Nobody's really sure if it was suicide or an accident.

And I died a little inside when Tyler Reks pinned Kaval last night.

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

Shao Khan
    Showstopper

Posts 807
    Registered 1-11-2006
    Location Moab, Ut.

Mood: FOOTBALL!!!

posted on 10-17-2010 at 04:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
    quote:
    Originally posted by gobbledygooker
    And I died a little inside when Tyler Reks pinned Kaval last night.

SWEET! Somebody I know partially died!

Thom
    The Immortal One

Posts 4890
    Registered 1-14-2003
    Location At the gym

Mood: Rather be lifting

posted on 10-18-2010 at 01:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
    RIP Gooker.

My condolences to goon.

#GLENNSURVIVESLOL - Cherokee Jack, from TWD Season 6 thread

outback jack
    The Great One

Posts 3811
    Registered 3-10-2003
    Location not Australia

Mood: old

posted on 10-18-2010 at 11:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
    I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
    gobbledygooker
    Sister Act 2

Posts 9471
    Registered 12-17-2002
    Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 10-19-2010 at 02:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
    Originally posted by Shao Khan
    quote:

That actually reminds me of the time I was driving on the PA. turnpike on my way to Chicago to visit my dad. For anyone who hasn't driven on it, the Pennsylvania turnpike is your basic 4 lane highway with a jersey wall dividing it, so you have jersey wall, two lanes of traffic, mountain. That's it until you reach the divide to the Ohio turnpike.

As I was driving in the lane with the jersey wall to my left, another car was in the lane next to the mountain - we're pretty much keeping pace with each other. Anyway, I'm looking down the road and see something moving in the road. Too dark to see exactly what, I kept driving until just about the time the lights hit whatever it was (it was about 3:00 in the morning, so even with some lighting out there it was still dark as hell). My guess was that it had already been hit by a car and was trying to make it across the road still. No such luck. Just as the lights hit it, the fucking thing looked right up at me I swear the thing looked me dead in the eyes just as I was about to hit it as if to ask, "Why?" I couldn't swerve because of the other car on the road and at this point I kinda just braced for the impact. Damn, crushing that thing's skull make the entire left side of my car tilt. Got to a rest area and checked my left side and sure enough, fucked the front of the bumper up.

I can still see whatever it was looking at me with that look.

And this, in turn, reminds me of my lead engineer I work with, who saw a woman get mowed down by a car one time as she was crossing at a crosswalk and he was sitting in his car at the stoplight. He said the worst part about it, she turned and looked at him for some reason and made eye contact seconds before this car came flying around the corner and hit her. He said he still can see that look to this day.

Not to try to top your story or anything, Shao. Just another one to file in the "Chilling fucking stories of death that hammer home the fact I hope I never make eye contact with someone/something that is dying/about-to-die" category.

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

atothej
    The Great One

Posts 3058
    Registered 12-21-2002
    Location Philly

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 10-19-2010 at 01:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
    quote:
    Originally posted by gobbledygooker
    Just another one to file in the "Chilling fucking stories of death that hammer home the fact I hope I never make eye contact with someone/something that is dying/about-to-die. . . unless it's Tyler Reks" category.

Fixed.

Your momma's so fat, Dave Meltzer gave her struggling to put her jeans on in the morning five stars. -- FF

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   atothej 's Aim
    gobbledygooker
    Sister Act 2

Posts 9471
    Registered 12-17-2002
    Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 10-19-2010 at 01:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
    In order to properly do justice to your scenario, AJ, I'd have to be able to make eye contact with my soul.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top