The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I guess someone voted McCain
nsuking2005
Showstopper

Posts 537
Registered 12-24-2007
Location TX

Mood:

posted on 5-17-2009 at 10:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I guess someone voted McCain

He should work for Fox News....he'd fit in VERY well there with comments like that.

ETA: http://twitter.com/WWEJoeyStyles

[Edited on 5-17-2009 by nsuking2005]

theflammablemanimal
American Dream

Posts 7586
Registered 9-2-2008

Mood:

posted on 5-17-2009 at 11:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
wow, that is way out there. Either he's trying to get fired or his twitter account was hacked.

Then again, Matt Stryker called Barack a communist on ECW so I'm pretty sure this is aligned with WWE politics.

nsuking2005
Showstopper

Posts 537
Registered 12-24-2007
Location TX

Mood:

posted on 5-17-2009 at 11:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theflammablemanimal
wow, that is way out there. Either he's trying to get fired or his twitter account was hacked.

Then again, Matt Stryker called Barack a communist on ECW so I'm pretty sure this is aligned with WWE politics.

Well, lets remember who Styles is working for. He's probably in line for a huge raise if Vince caught wind of those "tweets"....either that or we'll be seeing him back on our TV screens very soon.

Granted, I don't think it's a very good marketing strategy to insult probably half of the small fanbase your company has left so soon before a PPV. I mean, I think I've only actually visited the WWE "Universe" website a couple of times since it came out (if that often), so I'm not exactly convinced to go and chat it up after that.

BBMN
HAVES A CROOKED DICK!! !

Posts 2511
Registered 6-27-2007
Location tumblr

Mood: SJW

posted on 5-18-2009 at 03:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
# I love America and the Internet! I am Twittering for WWEuniverse.com while protesting progressive taxes at a Tea Party protest.9:51 AM Apr 15th from txt

Oh Jesus. I use wrestling to escape from the stupidity of our politics.... not get further drug into it.

Belmont
And I am AWESOME

Posts 124
Registered 6-2-2008

Mood: Sick Sick Sick

posted on 5-18-2009 at 06:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
My wife and I tried this just last night. OMG!
6:16 PM Apr 26th from txt

'gave me a pretty fuckin' good laugh.

quote:
I love how I can just invade this live blog at will by texting through my Twitter account. Is Katie behaving like a good girl this week?
5:35 PM Mar 30th from txt

Frankie's gonna poop on the podium.
3:31 PM Apr 4th from txt

I love watching RAW while Twittering myself. Wow. That didn't sound PG. I'd like to wish myself the best in my future endeavors.
6:57 PM Apr 20th from txt

I am celebrating Earth Day by running my cars night, turning on all my lights and electric appliances and drilling for oil at the Bronx Zoo.
7:11 PM Apr 20th from txt

WWE Superstars is my favorite TV show. It's like a 1hr PPV every week. If you don't get WGN America, WWE.com has videos clips and photos.
7:36 PM Apr 20th from txt

This is my personl account, not WWE's so I am free to say that Perez Hilton is crass and classless for his treatment of Miss California.
6:29 PM Apr 22nd from txt

Check out wwe.com to see how I contributed to Earth Day. Today I will drive over a windmill turbine farm with a gas guzzling Hummer.
7:19 AM Apr 23rd from txt

I get more confused with every subsequent twitter.

Joeldacat
Showstopper

Posts 760
Registered 9-10-2002
Location Savannah, GA

Mood: PK Fired Up

posted on 5-18-2009 at 07:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I had no clue Styles was such a dipshit. I checked to make sure it's really him... and it's really him... all this stuff is echoed on his WWE.com page too.

It's not like he's presenting a sound disagreement with my views... he's just being a dipshit in forums where he should be being more professional. Nice one, Joey. I'd probably get along better with Bradshaw than you.

Hey, didn't Joey punch Bradshaw in the face? Maybe we pegged the wrong guy as the bully in the altercation!

X-Box Live: Mr Whale Jr. Message me who you are, though!

When the plane full of wrestlers crashed in the Arctic, he became known as "Nourishing" Rick Rude.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7413
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 5-18-2009 at 07:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Bradshaw's a good guy, as long as you don't let him know that you talk about wrestling on the internet and keep the conversation on workout supplements and the economy.

Also shilling his site, great place for supplements.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

Belmont
And I am AWESOME

Posts 124
Registered 6-2-2008

Mood: Sick Sick Sick

posted on 5-18-2009 at 07:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote

High end of the WWE totem pole, here I come!

Laner
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1835
Registered 1-8-2002
Location Uptown

Mood:

posted on 5-18-2009 at 10:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Heavens to betsy! Someone doesn't share my political view - he must be an idiot!
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10741
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: Blade Jaggart Rulez!

posted on 5-18-2009 at 11:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
BTW it was just shy of 60 million votes by apparent idiots for the other guy:'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Presidental_Election

So many crackers and teabaggers out there it's just frightening.

BBMN
HAVES A CROOKED DICK!! !

Posts 2511
Registered 6-27-2007
Location tumblr

posted on 5-18-2009 at 11:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Laner
Heavens to betsy! Someone doesn't share my political view - he must be an idiot!

No he is an idiot for acting like an idiot. His role is to attract viewers, not repel them.

Also, calling Obama a Marxist is idiotic.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7413
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 5-18-2009 at 11:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Who's he supposed to be attracting? Intellectuals? Last I checked, we're about as smart as wrestling fans get. Democrats? Foley got booed for even daring to mention his dislike of "Red States". Way I see it, he's in a business that caters to idiot conservatives (and no, I'm not saying conservatives are idiots: there's plenty of idiot liberals, too) and he's doing his part to a T.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

The Riot Act
Hot, Spicy, ICHIBAN!!!

Posts 1659
Registered 7-31-2006
Location Canada

Mood:

posted on 5-19-2009 at 02:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It's not his opinion that's necessarily idiotic, it's his arguments (or lack thereof) and the way he presents them. It's so absolutely over-the-top and fanatical that he makes Glenn Beck seem fair and level-headed by comparison.

[Edited on 5-19-2009 by The Riot Act]

doctorb
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1571
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Where everyone is rich but me

Mood: need coffee

posted on 5-19-2009 at 04:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nOOb
Who's he supposed to be attracting? Intellectuals? Last I checked, we're about as smart as wrestling fans get. Democrats? Foley got booed for even daring to mention his dislike of "Red States". Way I see it, he's in a business that caters to idiot conservatives (and no, I'm not saying conservatives are idiots: there's plenty of idiot liberals, too) and he's doing his part to a T.

Is it true that wrestling fans tend towards conservatism? If so, I wonder why. I suppose a case could be made about geography and/or being coupled with country music makes nascar seem like it draws more conservatives, but I don't think most sports have any sort of political bias.

Or maybe it's there and I miss it because I pay so little attention. There's the political world and then there's sports to enjoy as a mindless wind-down. And wrestling is as mindless as it gets.

Also, is it even possible to present any sort of cogent argument on twitter? From my very little exposure to it, it's pretty much all idiocy.

The "B" is for Bargain!

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8306
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 5-19-2009 at 05:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I don't really care what his opinion is, or that it differs from mine. It's that he throws it in the for absolutely NO reason. He's talking about the PPV chat on wwe.com... what's the point of putting a jab like that in? That's something a 12-year-old does.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

Kramer840
Banned

Posts 47
Registered 11-7-2006

Mood:

posted on 5-19-2009 at 06:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

Also, calling Obama a Marxist is idiotic.

so true. he's actually more of a leninist.

BBMN
HAVES A CROOKED DICK!! !

Posts 2511
Registered 6-27-2007
Location tumblr

posted on 5-19-2009 at 10:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
what's the point of putting a jab like that in? That's something a 12-year-old does.

Correct.

quote:
he's actually more of a leninist.

Not correct.

See the problem here is that I don't really give a fuck if you're right or wrong about this... really I don't. What bothers me is that I now think you're an idiot for making a childish political jab on a wrestling forum, when all I want to do is talk about wrestling with you. Which is why this is stupid on Joey's part. It comes off as completely unneeded, and in my opinion, uneducated.

As for wrestling being conservative or not? The WWF has always championed the cause of the uneducated, working class with xenophobic angles and stereotypes since it began. I can deal with that once in a while, because people are fucking idiots no matter where you look. However this is different than good old 'them' hate. I really have no interest in arguing this shit with anyone here, let alone pondering the political views of a former announcer. Its just uncalled for and childish.

[Edited on 5-19-2009 by BBMN]

doctorb
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1571
Registered 6-27-2007

posted on 5-20-2009 at 06:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BBMN
As for wrestling being conservative or not? The WWF has always championed the cause of the uneducated, working class with xenophobic angles and stereotypes since it began.

Ahh, so no childish political jabs from you then!

The "B" is for Bargain!

Stone Cold Steve Autism
I did eat all the macaroni. I don't know how he knows.

Posts 2287
Registered 4-29-2008

Mood: Sparklee

posted on 5-20-2009 at 08:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Laner

Yes, he's an idiot for "disagreeing with me." Not for not understanding what the words he's using actually fucking mean.

quote:
Originally posted by The Riot Act
It's not his opinion that's necessarily idiotic, it's his arguments (or lack thereof) and the way he presents them. It's so absolutely over-the-top and fanatical that he makes Glenn Beck seem fair and level-headed by comparison.

Honestly, that could be a verbatim quote from any episode of Glenn Beck.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer840
so true. he's actually more of a leninist.

Please tell me this is ironic trolling.

Speaking of trolling, I think I'm just gonna troll Joey on Twitter once a day until I get bored and forget.

[Edited on 5-20-2009 by Stone Cold Steve Autism]

Chevy Chase has denied allegations of membership in the Proud Boys.

The Riot Act
Hot, Spicy, ICHIBAN!!!

Posts 1659
Registered 7-31-2006
Location Canada

Mood:

posted on 5-20-2009 at 10:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stone Cold Steve Autism

Honestly, that could be a verbatim quote from any episode of Glenn Beck.

And how is that? Styles made several fanatical comments without providing any arguments to back up why he feels that way or how it is even remotely factual. It seemed very pundit-like to me and I said so.

I'm afraid you've lost me once again. Forgive my ignorance.

BBMN
HAVES A CROOKED DICK!! !

Posts 2511
Registered 6-27-2007
Location tumblr

posted on 5-20-2009 at 10:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

Ahh, so no childish political jabs from you then!

I was just bringing this up because someone asked if wrestling was more geared towards conservatives. I was just filling them in since they must have missed the past 25 years. This was in no way a response to Joey's comments, so don't try to pull a 'kettle calling someone black' routine here.

edit;
And its not childish on my part to actually have witnessed, and then made light of the past 25 years of xenophobic bigotry in wrestling....

The Sheik
the Iron Sheik
Mr Fuji
Yokozuna
La Resistance
Muhhammad Hassan
Davari aka Abdul Bashir (read my TNA house show thread about this)
Nikolia Volkoff
Nikita Koloff

Its less of a jab, and more of the truth.

Also, this;
quote:
Originally posted by Stone Cold Steve Autism
Yes, he's an idiot for "disagreeing with me." Not for not understanding what the words he's using actually fucking mean.

This is really what I was getting at first. Its not so much that I disagree with Joey, its that he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. So no. I do not find conservatives to be idiots. I find idiots to be idiots. Plus at any rate... WHY? Why would he randomly say this? It doesn't make me want to watch wrestling, in fact it make me want to not watch wrestling.

(for the record, my ex was a conservative... so no, I don't call people idiots for differing from me)

[Edited on 5-20-2009 by BBMN]

The Riot Act
Hot, Spicy, ICHIBAN!!!

Posts 1659
Registered 7-31-2006
Location Canada

Mood:

posted on 5-21-2009 at 03:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah, that makes sense now.

By the way, does the fact I once searched for and watched one of Beck's pseudo-comedy performances to see if he was as deranged on-stage as he is on TV make me somehow flawed? Or does it merely show my interest in punditry?

As for Ford, I had heard of his anti-Semitic leanings and his relationship with Hitler and Nazi Germany, but I didn't think it was as black and white as that due the fact that he was shown in court to have no knowledge of what was published in The Dearborn. Or maybe that was bullshit and he was aware of all of that "International Jew" shit the entire time

doctorb
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1571
Registered 6-27-2007

posted on 5-21-2009 at 03:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BBMN
I was just bringing this up because someone asked if wrestling was more geared towards conservatives. I was just filling them in since they must have missed the past 25 years. This was in no way a response to Joey's comments, so don't try to pull a 'kettle calling someone black' routine here.

edit;
And its not childish on my part to actually have witnessed, and then made light of the past 25 years of xenophobic bigotry in wrestling....

The Sheik
the Iron Sheik
Mr Fuji
Yokozuna
La Resistance
Muhhammad Hassan
Davari aka Abdul Bashir (read my TNA house show thread about this)
Nikolia Volkoff
Nikita Koloff

Its less of a jab, and more of the truth.

It still sounds like you're calling conservatives xenophobic racists. If I'm misreading what's clear to everyone else, I apologize.

And, I've only seen Beck for about 20 minutes when he interviewed Jeff Probst and thought they were both very good. I didn't realize he did politics.

The "B" is for Bargain!

BBMN
HAVES A CROOKED DICK!! !

Posts 2511
Registered 6-27-2007
Location tumblr

posted on 5-21-2009 at 04:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

It still sounds like you're calling conservatives xenophobic racists. If I'm misreading what's clear to everyone else, I apologize.

I'm not calling all conservatives racist and xenophobic. Just the racist and xenophobic ones.

USA! USA! USA!

Listen, I'm sorry if you think I'm bashing all conservatives. I'm not. I've just noticed over the years a trend in wrestling to pander to xenophobia and occasionally racism. I also have noticed over the years, in my own life, pretty much 90% of the people I meet that are overtly racist and/or xenophobic, are self professed conservatives. I've seen this at work, I've seen it at school, I've seen it at parties... I wish it wasn't this way. But I can't help if its true. Did you read my TNA house show thread? Now, the confederate flag guy, I don't know personally, but if I had to guess as to his political affliation, I wouldn't guess Democrat. These are the people that buy into xenophobic angels. These are the people that drive out of the backwoods to the big city to yell shit at the 'fucking towel head'.

It sucks that a party that has great ideals like smaller and less intrusive government at its core, tend to attract these assholes. It really is a shame, and I feel bad for the normal conservatives that aren't dumbasses... like my ex. But that's what we get with a two party system. I don't like that on the flip side, liberals are grouped in with anarchists and hardcore conspiracy nuts. But hey, its a two party system, everyone picks a side and usually these are the sides they pick.

And all of this is why I wish wrestlers and the like (like Joey) would just keep the real world separate from the world of wrestling. I don't really want to discuss this in the wrestling forum... just like I don't want to know that Joey has no idea what the fuck Marxism is.

[Edited on 5-21-2009 by BBMN]

nilesanderson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1643
Registered 5-2-2003
Location Halifax, Nova Scotia

Mood: Superior

posted on 5-22-2009 at 11:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am going to point out that Joey Styles is doing this on Twitter. Is it possible that maybe he is just making comments to fuck with the audience? I mean, IT'S TWITTER FOR FUCKS SAKE!!! I know on Facebook, I post offensive status all the time to get a reaction. So maybe, just maybe, Joey Styles has the kind of sense of humour where he'll post shit he doesn't really believe so he can get reactions like the ones above (because he knows people pay attention to his Twitter account).

Or maybe he is a xenophobic hateful conservative dipshit. It's a 50/50 crapshoot in my books.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top