The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: When's the last time you realized "fuck I'm getting old"?
Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12571
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 4-18-2009 at 03:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
When's the last time you realized "fuck I'm getting old"?

And bullshit stuff like "Oh my friend so-and-so just had a kid" doesn't count.

For me it happened tonight. I had to do a volunteer thing for work so I'm out there with my buddy Jon who is my age (almost 29) and this new kid we hired named Marcus who is just barely over 18. And so we're talking about music and Jon and I start talking about REO Speedwagon and Jon says something to Marcus and Marcus says "I've never heard of REO Speedwagon" so we sort of chuckle and then we start singing "Take It on the Run" because everybody on the fucking continent knows that song and he's like "yeah, I've never heard that song in my life". So he may have been fucking with us but either way it made me realize "fucking shit I'm getting old, I'm actually interacting with a human being who has never heard 'Take It on the Run'."

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

Biff_Manly
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1143
Registered 6-16-2006

Mood: Ridiculous

posted on 4-18-2009 at 07:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Listening to a "classic rock" station and they play Guns and Roses Paradise City and other bands from the 80's.

"Walter: I can solve everything by making this gramophone have sex with time."
--SCSA's Fringe on Ice Holiday Spectacular.

DriftThroughTime
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1222
Registered 4-25-2005
Location LA

Mood:

posted on 4-18-2009 at 07:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm just about to turn 23, so I mean, this is kind of relative, but I was wearing a Nintendo shirt with a classic Nintendo controller on it when my little brother asked me "What's that on your shirt?"

A situation not made better when my girlfriend, knowing how to grind my gears, said, "Oh, that's a Sega Genesis controller."

I also enrolled in some fuck-off ethics class last fall with a bunch of freshman in it, and at one point we had to analyze Kurt Cobain's suicide note. Most of them didn't even know he wrote a suicide note. Oiy.

re: biff -- Classic rock stations playing U2. I like old U2, but classic rock?

[Edited on 4-18-2009 by DriftThroughTime]

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7458
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 4-18-2009 at 08:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That's cause he didn't. We all know his wife was being controlled by aliens who made an evil robot clone of him and, in an effort to save humanity, Cobain shot it in the head with a shotgun. But then he realized that the robot had gained sentience, and as a form of self punishment, he decided to go with the aliens, who were also pretty down on the fact that their creation had become self-aware, and now they're traveling in outer space fighting crime and righting wrongs.

Also cause his wife was/is a whore.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10956
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 4-18-2009 at 08:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It's fucked when you figure out that you can drink more beer or whiskey now than when you were young but that the hangovers now are so damn lethal that they scare you off of drinking altogether. That freaked me out far more than any of the grey hair ever did.

The literal disappearance of a lot of the music I listened to back in the 1980's bothers me too. Guilty admission, but as a wannabe faglord I liked a lot of that silly '80's Brit invasion pop stuff. I want to download tons of it but I can't find it anywhere anymore.

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8321
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 4-19-2009 at 05:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I was in the grocery store a few weeks ago and saw this girl with a HOT fucking body. Big tits, nice curves, everything... then I looked up at her face and saw that she couldn't have been more than 14-15, and realized my boner was totally illegal.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9488
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 4-20-2009 at 06:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by punkerhardcore
I was in the grocery store a few weeks ago and saw this girl with a HOT fucking body. Big tits, nice curves, everything... then I looked up at her face and saw that she couldn't have been more than 14-15, and realized my boner was totally illegal.

That didn't stop you from taking her around the block a few times, did it? I know how you chicanos roll.

Man, as a 29-year-old who hangs out with mostly 23- to 27-year-olds, I could make a list. How about whenever someone doesn't understand the impact that Stat Wars had on cinema and the world in general? And I'm not counting the last three movies since no one in their right mind would see them. We're dangerously close to becoming a culture where Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader don't exist.

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

Shao Khan
Showstopper

Posts 807
Registered 1-11-2006
Location Moab, Ut.

Mood: FOOTBALL!!!

posted on 4-20-2009 at 07:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm fucked on this question - besides seeing (for a brief instant, maybe a 3 - 4 month fling) a girl 15 years younger than me (I'm 36), I feel old everytime I mention:

8 Track

Betamax

Laser Disc

and people have no idea what the fuck I'm talking about.

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3951
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 4-20-2009 at 10:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Me and the wife knew we were old when we were in the grocery store and we both stopped in the aisle and looked at each other as we listened to the fucking Cure on the in store music speakers. Not a muzak version, the real song.

That plus one of the girls we game with mentioned that the first president she remembers is Clinton, didn't help.

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

BBMN
HAVES A CROOKED DICK!! !

Posts 2516
Registered 6-27-2007
Location tumblr

Mood: SJW

posted on 4-21-2009 at 12:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shao Khan
I'm fucked on this question - besides seeing (for a brief instant, maybe a 3 - 4 month fling) a girl 15 years younger than me (I'm 36), I feel old everytime I mention:

Nice work. I was seeing a girl last year that was 10 years younger than me. Only advice I have is to enjoy it while it lasts.

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9488
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 4-22-2009 at 07:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Originally posted by BBMN
quote:

Nice work. I was seeing a girl last year that was 10 years younger than me. Only advice I have is to enjoy it while it lasts.

I hope you weren't 21 at the time.

And on the subject of grocery stores, I came to the "old" realization when I found myself at the grocery with my ex on a Friday night a couple months ago. We then went home, ate dinner, and watched TV. On a Friday night.

That was truly chilling.

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

DrBoz
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1038
Registered 1-2-2006
Location Indiana

Mood: Bubbly!

posted on 4-23-2009 at 11:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It seems that music, like most of you, is where I feel old. I remember working with a 12-13yo kid in therapy back in 2005 who told me Snoop Dogg was Old Skool. I died a little that day.

But the last time I realized I'm getting old? My mom just became Medicare eligible last week. Sigh....

CBGWO!!! She is my everything!

BBMN
HAVES A CROOKED DICK!! !

Posts 2516
Registered 6-27-2007
Location tumblr

Mood: SJW

posted on 4-23-2009 at 11:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

I hope you weren't 21 at the time.

Na, she was though. "I keep getting older but they stay the same age.... literally."

But yea, I do feel old whenever I stretch and shit cracks all over my body. I call my knees, SnapCracklePop. Working two jobs that fucking define the word labor, doesn't help either...

quote:
And on the subject of grocery stores, I came to the "old" realization when I found myself at the grocery with my ex on a Friday night a couple months ago. We then went home, ate dinner, and watched TV. On a Friday night.

That was truly chilling.

Just randomly break a window or flick off a cop. That helps.

Thom
The Immortal One

Posts 4890
Registered 1-14-2003
Location At the gym

Mood: Rather be lifting

posted on 4-24-2009 at 01:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gobbledygooker
Man, as a 29-year-old who hangs out with mostly 23- to 27-year-olds, I could make a list. How about whenever someone doesn't understand the impact that Stat Wars had on cinema and the world in general?

For me, it's posts like this. As a 29-year-old, you weren't even alive when the original Star Wars came out. I saw it in the theater when it first came out - fuck, I'm old.

Also, when 13 Days came out, my wife was assistant manager at the theater, and there were kids working at the theater that didn't get it at all. They had little recognition (most had none) of the Cold War. Same thing with Miracle. They couldn't grasp why the 1980 US Olympic hockey team was such a big deal. Young fucking whippersnappers...

#GLENNSURVIVESLOL - Cherokee Jack, from TWD Season 6 thread

Shao Khan
Showstopper

Posts 807
Registered 1-11-2006
Location Moab, Ut.

posted on 5-11-2009 at 12:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If I realized I was old before, I'm royally fucked now. . .This girl at work (a corrections officer in the jail) has been inviting me to go out with her, coming on to me and what have you. Now that's not a bad thing by ANY means, but she's only 18 YEARS OLD. She'll be 19 next month, but I realized, "Fuck! I was a senior in High School when she was born!"

That's not gonna stop me from tappin' dat ass (as they say), but I was telling her about Fat Albert cartoons, and she asked me with the straightest of faces, "You mean they used to have cartoons about the movie with that guy from Keenan & Kel? I used to love that show when I was a kid!"

I remember being 23 and watching Keenan & Kel (sue me, I liked the show), but it made me seriously realize that I'm getting old.

Biff_Manly
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1143
Registered 6-16-2006

Mood: Ridiculous

posted on 5-11-2009 at 10:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
She probably just wants you to buy her and her friends beer.

Saturday morning Fat Albert. Back when shows were just trying you Sugar Puffs, Sugar Smacks, and Sugar Frosted Flakes. And Kool Aid with real sugar. Fuck High Fructose Corn Syrup.

"Walter: I can solve everything by making this gramophone have sex with time."
--SCSA's Fringe on Ice Holiday Spectacular.

Shao Khan
Showstopper

Posts 807
Registered 1-11-2006
Location Moab, Ut.

posted on 5-12-2009 at 03:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Biff_Manly
She probably just wants you to buy her and her friends beer.

Saturday morning Fat Albert. Back when shows were just trying you Sugar Puffs, Sugar Smacks, and Sugar Frosted Flakes. And Kool Aid with real sugar. Fuck High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Or, I could just be a good looking dirty old man.

Fat Albert, Super Friends and loads of crunch berries. . .a perfect saturday when I was a kid

ETA: She's a corrections officer in the jail; I'm a cop. I think the whole contributing to the delinquency of a minor thing is out the window here - just sayin'

[Edited on 5-12-2009 by Shao Khan]

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7458
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 5-12-2009 at 06:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So you're a cop, eh? They know you come here associating with all manner of sex criminals?

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7922
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 5-12-2009 at 07:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
4 weeks ago I started playing basketball at a local rec center. I'm in decent enough shape for being 28 and sitting in front of a PC all day at work...but me and my friends got beat by a bunch of high school kids.

Although the one good thing about being old...this past week we won every game. The kids are still in better shape, but with age comes knowledge.

Shao Khan
Showstopper

Posts 807
Registered 1-11-2006
Location Moab, Ut.

posted on 5-13-2009 at 02:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nOOb
So you're a cop, eh? They know you come here associating with all manner of sex criminals?

Hell, I'm probably one of the biggest.

Stone Cold Steve Autism
I did eat all the macaroni. I don't know how he knows.

Posts 2287
Registered 4-29-2008

Mood: Sparklee

posted on 5-13-2009 at 03:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

/

[Edited on 5-13-2009 by Stone Cold Steve Autism]

Chevy Chase has denied allegations of membership in the Proud Boys.

Shao Khan
Showstopper

Posts 807
Registered 1-11-2006
Location Moab, Ut.

posted on 5-13-2009 at 04:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stone Cold Steve Autism

/

Image didn't work dude. . .hopefully it was funny.

Thom
The Immortal One

Posts 4890
Registered 1-14-2003
Location At the gym

Mood: Rather be lifting

posted on 5-13-2009 at 04:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

Image didn't work dude. . .

Consider yourself lucky. I need to go rinse my eyes out with bleach.

#GLENNSURVIVESLOL - Cherokee Jack, from TWD Season 6 thread

DrBoz
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1038
Registered 1-2-2006
Location Indiana

Mood: Bubbly!

posted on 5-14-2009 at 12:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stone Cold Steve Autism
Totally hot snapshot

I think this picture belongs here

Nice joystick btw.

CBGWO!!! She is my everything!

Dynamicjt
Fella

Posts 283
Registered 9-20-2003
Location San Antonio, Texas

Mood:

posted on 6-15-2009 at 12:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
A gal I work with is a wrestling fan. I happened to mention the Von Erichs and she had no clue who I was talking about.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top