The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: US AM
The General
ButtViper

Posts 7
Registered 10-17-2002

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 10-17-2002 at 12:20 AM Edit Post
US AM

One of the highlights of the last few years of college for me was how USA would show all those sitcoms that were on NBC for like a week. But when reran they kinda grew on you. Some examples are Single Guy, Jeff Foxworthy, Something So Right etc. What do you think was the best show and characters that should have been given more of a chance.

I never watched Boston Common when it was on NBC, but laughed my ass off when it was on USA. Zach Galafinakas as one of the stoners was great.

Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

Mood: partypartyparty

posted on 10-17-2002 at 03:26 AM Edit Post
I don't get USA, living in Canada and all, but TBS has a great morning lineup for lazy ass college students like myself. I've actually been watching "Little House on the Prairie" lately, which is kinda funny (not the show, the fact that I sit there and watch it... well, lay there, half-asleep, and kinda watch it). It's just such a damn weird show, all loving family and stuff, and it's funny because they're poor.

Being a student rocks. Morning tv rocks too. I have a friend that spent all of her mornings as a law student watching "The Price Is Right" instead of going to class. This is the beauty of the college experience. Well, that and the girls. I'm supposed to graduate right away, but I'm trying to figure out a way to stay in school.

That's racism man! I love to racism bro!

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12662
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 10-17-2002 at 06:35 AM Edit Post
Bone, stay as long as you can. Once you leave you can never go back.

Well, there's grad school, but it just ain't the same.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

posted on 10-17-2002 at 07:03 AM Edit Post
Actually, I quit a few years ago and worked, then came back, so you can come back... but I guess it's kind of pointless once you get your degree. I'm actually thinking of doing the double degree thing, and busting one more year. At least that can be kind of justified. I can't see grad school, I'd actually have to work hard for that (not that I'm opposed to working hard, but if I'm going to bust my ass, I'd rather get paid to do it than pay to do it).

No lie, what I'll miss most, more than being able to be lazy whenever you want, is the girls. I totally forgot how great it was when I was out working. Phenomenal.

Denethor
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1661
Registered 3-27-2002

Mood: Meh

posted on 10-17-2002 at 04:56 PM Edit Post
god i miss college. maybe i should call my parents and ask them if they'll pay for another four years... i could get a second degree in phys ed or something.
Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

posted on 10-17-2002 at 05:31 PM Edit Post
Phys Ed would be alright, but something like Philosophy would be pretty easy too. An old roommate of mine was a Philosophy major, and all he did was smoke weed for like 4 years straight, so how hard could it be? There's a whole bunch of really easy things to take... I'm thinking of taking Human Resources, that's about as easy as it gets in Commerce/Management/Business Admin.

Denethor
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1661
Registered 3-27-2002

Mood: Meh

posted on 10-18-2002 at 03:57 PM Edit Post
most of us liberal arts majors spent those four years stoned. not to mention the subsequent few years.
Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

posted on 10-18-2002 at 05:06 PM Edit Post
Yeah... again, I watch "Little House". I'd be lying if I said I was completely in the right when watching it.

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12662
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 10-18-2002 at 07:40 PM Edit Post
I miss college too. Every once in a while I go to my old fraternity house (still have friends there, all seniors now) and watch all these new kids get to do all the all-day drinking, tail-chasing, and fun wacky shit that us working folk don't just do.

Somehow I made it through my International Economics major stoned too, and that was tough. I should've been a music history major, though. Those classes were the best classes I took back then.

Of course, my line of work has jackshit to do with that major, but what the hey.

Ah, to reminisce....

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

posted on 10-18-2002 at 08:02 PM Edit Post
Music History? I never even thought of taking that...
I've taken almost all History classes, but I've been strategic about it. Every single one (5 in total), I've been able to turn in the same term paper on...
Conflict History
Post-Confederation Canadian History
Quebec History
Canadian Studies
Western Canadian History
See, if you're really careful with what classes you pick up, by your last year, you don't have to actually go to school more than twice a week, and that's pretty much just to write exams or turn in papers. Fuck, I don't know what I'm going to do once I actually have to be places full-time.

New Topic New Poll

go to top