The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2007 bOOardies: The Winning-ing!!
williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8969
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 12-29-2007 at 05:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
2007 bOOardies: The Winning-ing!!

2006 Winners - Complete List Up to 2005

Well, the time is finally here (or mostly here). We've had nearly a month to reflect on the past year, to wax nostalgic on things that have transpired here on the boards, to pick the scabs off old wounds and pour salt on them, to kick things that haven't been kicked in months, and to see rabbxt respond to just about every single post in every single bOOardie category campaigning for himself in some form or fashion.

So, without further adieu, time to crown the "victors"*:

* OK there will be some further adieu after all. I'm starting this thread now and for matches that are still close i.e. 5 votes separate the nominees, I will leave those polls open until 6 pm Central Time today. That's ~6 hours from now. At 6 I will edit this post and name the final victors in those last categories. I realize I said a date and not a time that things would close and don't want people getting all pissy about this "shutting down early" or the like if I closed it now.

Poster of the Year
Lucky Lopez

Jackass of the Year
alexcc79/atotheletothex/ortonschildbearinghips

Wrestling Thread of the Year
Benoit Found Dead

Off-Topic Thread of the Year
Letters From a Certifiable Nut

Post of the Year
Sollys Rant

Flame of the Year
Figure Foreskin on atotheletothex

Feud of the Year
Veterans vs Noobs

FF's Khali

Breakthrough Poster of the Year
rabbxt

Lifetime (un)Achievement Award
mooseheadjack

Trainwreck Thread of the Year
Subject: [Reported Post] From: Virsago, Subject: [Reported Post] From: Virsago

A few closing thoughts and comments.

First, congrats to the victors! And to everyone nominated and passing through the various stages.

Second, a big thanks to everyone for playing along. This is always fun, for me at least, for the reasons mentioned in the opening paragraph.

Third, a few callouts of thanks:

Thanks to Army for letting me run this on his behalf. Why am I thanking him instead of the other way around? Because Army is deployed in Iraq right now (or last I heard that's where he was) and me helping him out by running this for him was the very least I or anyone could do to thank him for everything he's doing for us. So thank YOU, Army.

Also, thanks to Boer for helping me out with tallying noms and getting the voting threads up. Boer had raised his hand to help me out and I'm glad he did because that step right there was a lot of work.

Last but certainly not least, thanks to ModSquad and Lucky for their admin assistance in locking threads and polls, moving threads around so that the live things were always at the top of the forums, doing news announcements to promote the bOOardies, and other general cleanup help when I fucked things up here and there.

So get to congratulating the victors or rubbing your win in everyone's faces already!

[Edited on 12-30-2007 by williamssl]

Don't Mess With Texas

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12741
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 12-29-2007 at 09:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

Wrestling Thread of the Year
Benoit Found Dead

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
Joeldacat
Showstopper

Posts 760
Registered 9-10-2002
Location Savannah, GA

Mood: PK Fired Up

posted on 12-29-2007 at 10:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So I've got two hours to find three people who haven't voted to vote for Surprise RKO? (it's 33-35 last I checked).

C'mon whoever you people are!

Make it Surprise RKO WTF out of nowhere victory!!!

X-Box Live: Mr Whale Jr. Message me who you are, though!

When the plane full of wrestlers crashed in the Arctic, he became known as "Nourishing" Rick Rude.

rabbxt
narc narc narc narc narc narc narc narc narc narc narc narc narc narc narc

Posts 1433
Registered 8-5-2006
Location The Bunny Hole

Mood: 2XTREME!

posted on 12-29-2007 at 10:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I would really like to congratulate Lucky, but everyone knew he was winning it this year, anyway. He deserves no congratulatory handshake.

*Waits silently. Taps foot. Looks around nervously. Shakes Lucky's hand.* "Congratulations, Lucky!"

And I'd like to congratulate ortonschildbearinghips for winning the Jackass award. Being serious, he has actually become a pretty good poster during the past few weeks. Good enough to not be banned again, even!

And congratulations to Jeb for Letters From a Certifiable Nut and all of the time he put into it. And he didn't need to win two awards, so congratulations to Foreskin for flaming Alex.

EDIT:
quote:
see rabbxt respond to just about every single post in every single bOOardie category campaigning for himself in some form or fashion.

I should probably do that in this one too, then. VOTE 4 RABBXT!

[Edited on 12-29-2007 by rabbxt]

2007 BREAKTHROUGH POSTER OF THE YEAR

Originally posted by LuckyLopez
Haven't you seen his videos? He's Xtreme!

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8316
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 12-29-2007 at 11:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rabbxt
I would really like to congratulate Lucky, but everyone knew he was winning it this year, anyway.

Hey, thanks.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8969
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 12-30-2007 at 12:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Aaaaaaaaaand we're done.

Thanks again everybody.

Jeb/BTR, Mods - all yours for the aftermath!

Don't Mess With Texas

TarheelMike
The Immortal One

Posts 4845
Registered 3-6-2003
Location DFW

Mood: Medium Rare

posted on 12-30-2007 at 12:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeb Tennyson Lund
USSR - 51
USA - 50

I agree.

Oh, and Moose won something!! YAY! Now it will be another 27 years before a Phillies fan has any reason to celebrate again.

EDIT: If the Flame finals are the '72 gold medal basketball game, does that make the Lifetime Achievement finals the Miracle on Ice?

[Edited on 12-30-2007 by TarheelMike]

“Pinson, with five. Looks up, drivin’ in. Maye, for the win... NORTH CAROLINA!! With point three seconds to go! An incredible shot!” - Jim Nantz, calling Carolina’s South Regional Final victory over Kentucky.

“FBIGORJAHSJDHFJGOGPDJSHCH!!!!!” - Mikey, calling Carolina’s South Regional Final victory over Kentucky

mooseheadjack

Posts 10512
Registered 5-13-2002
Location over here

Mood: plotting evil

posted on 12-30-2007 at 12:53 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
HOLY SHIT I WON!!!

Seriously, thanks to everyone who voted for me, I really do appreciate this. Next year, this award is Lucky's, and no amount of arguing with him over the evilness of the Yankees will change my mind.

My personal fuck-off list: 1. Tony Romo 2. Eli Manning 3. The New York Yankees 4. LeBron James 5. Kobe Bryant 6. SEC Fans 7. The SEC 8. the Political Right 9. religion 10. Almost everything the WWE does

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   mooseheadjack 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
borntorun
God of This World

Posts -8685
Registered 7-22-2003
Location Breathe

Mood: House, Monk-E

posted on 12-30-2007 at 01:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, but you are also the winner of the even more exclusive, 1-member only pantheon award given to the poster Most Likely to Put a Comb Over His Mouth and Anally Rape the Typhoid-Ridden Corpse of Anne Frank While Writing About His Orgasm In Her Diary, Which Is Open Across Her Back and Soon Will Have Many Sticky Pages. I am humbled by your ability, and you can revel in TWO bOOardies this year.

Congrats to Moose and all the other winners! (Except for Figure Foreskin and his incomprehensible win, but whatev).

Fake McCoy Comics

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   borntorun 's Aim
fsolomon75
American Dream

Posts 8481
Registered 1-25-2002
Location SoCal

Mood: WILLIE~!

posted on 12-30-2007 at 02:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I wonder who put Moose over the top...

Thanks to everyone who voted for the only worthwhile thing I've contributed to the boards... and a big thanks to Tex for running this. Good job son.

Teh wisdom of MooseheadJack: "tpyos are not going to ruin my day today" and "the only thing carved in stone for the Mets is the look on willie's face"

The 2007 Post Of The Year

Joeldacat
Showstopper

Posts 760
Registered 9-10-2002
Location Savannah, GA

Mood: PK Fired Up

posted on 12-30-2007 at 03:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Grats to Lucky, Solly, rabbxt, and Moose, even though I've never been over to the OOWF boards. But most importantly, grats to Figure Foreskin, whose (who's? whom's?) giant douche beat out my heavily favored turd sandwich. The king is dead - long live the Great Khali!

X-Box Live: Mr Whale Jr. Message me who you are, though!

When the plane full of wrestlers crashed in the Arctic, he became known as "Nourishing" Rick Rude.

BigDonAntonio
Fella

Posts 422
Registered 6-28-2007
Location Here

Mood: Obey!

posted on 12-30-2007 at 05:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Congratulations to everyone that won. I'm glad Moose won since Lucky was getting POY. Lucky better win Lifetime next year though

EDA: Love the av Tex. I love Shiner

[Edited on 12-30-2007 by BigDonAntonio]

Have you tried going mad without power? Its boring. No one listens to you

LuckyLopez
Reeks of WCW

Posts 12562
Registered 2-13-2003

Mood: Grieving

posted on 12-30-2007 at 07:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mooseheadjack
HOLY SHIT I WON!!!

YOU FUCKER! I can't believe I voted for you and thus basically gave you the win! Asshole!

Congrats to all. Thanks to those who voted for me in the one I won or the ones I didn't. At least having this many posts becomes easier if people actually like them. And now I start my quest to become the very first THREE TIME Poster of the Year! Like MJ I'm gonna prove I'm the best with a Three Peat! And if I'm the favorite going in for Lifetime then I'm officially making it my mission to come up with THE 2008 Avatar of the Year so I can become the very first Triple Crown winner! Those 3 categories being of my random choosing.

He smiled.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   LuckyLopez 's Aim
rabbxt

Posts 1433
Registered 8-5-2006
Location The Bunny Hole

posted on 12-31-2007 at 07:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by williamssl
We've had nearly a month to reflect on the past year, to wax nostalgic on things that have transpired here on the boards, to pick the scabs off old wounds and pour salt on them, to kick things that haven't been kicked in months, and to see rabbxt respond to just about every single post in every single bOOardie category campaigning for himself in some form or fashion.

And look at that. It worked.

Let's see... Thanks to everyone who nominated me for the first stage of this stuff. I wasn't even aware that I was eligable until I started stacking nominations. And... Thanks to everyone who voted for me over Tommy for the final win. Both of us were deserving of it, but I'm totally glad I got the win.

Woa. Way to go, Moose. You actually pulled off the win over Lucky. Who would've thought? And Foreskin's constant handjobs seemed to have worked out nicely. That big, useless Poon-job guy with the crooked mouth won it.

I guess that's it, then. Oh, yea. Fuck DevSop.

Krydor
The Man

Posts 5425
Registered 10-28-2002
Location In

Mood: Going to Maiden

posted on 12-31-2007 at 12:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

YOU FUCKER! I can't believe I voted for you and thus basically gave you the win! Asshole!

Yes, because when you are trying to win something, it's a good idea to vote for the other guy.

I'll vote for you next year, because I'm not voting for Moose for anything else, ever.
[eta]
Unless I'm in the running, then I will not vote for you.

[Edited on 12-31-2007 by Krydor]

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member   Krydor 's Aim   Krydor 's Yahoo
BigDonAntonio
Fella

Posts 422
Registered 6-28-2007
Location Here

Mood: Obey!

posted on 12-31-2007 at 03:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm totally claiming the feud bOOardie. Vets vs. Noobs. Me=Noob. So I won. Sweet.

I would like to thank everyone who voted for me. But most of all I would like to thank myself. I couldn't have done it without me. This is a pinnacle of my life. I feel complete. I feel whole. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your immense respect and ,dare I say, unbrideled love for me.

Thank you,
THE bOOardie award winning BDA

Have you tried going mad without power? Its boring. No one listens to you

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9478
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 12-31-2007 at 03:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That was fun. Congrats to the winners!

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

rabbxt

Posts 1433
Registered 8-5-2006
Location The Bunny Hole

posted on 12-31-2007 at 04:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeb Tennyson Lund
You can stop campaigning now.

It wasn't campaigning. It was congratulating the winners that were announced later than the others.

GatorBait
CancerBait

Posts 4469
Registered 10-22-2004

Mood: OH FUCK YEAH!!!

posted on 12-31-2007 at 05:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by borntorun
Yes, but you are also the winner of the even more exclusive, 1-member only pantheon award given to the poster Most Likely to Put a Comb Over His Mouth and Anally Rape the Typhoid-Ridden Corpse of Anne Frank While Writing About His Orgasm In Her Diary, Which Is Open Across Her Back and Soon Will Have Many Sticky Pages. I am humbled by your ability, and you can revel in TWO bOOardies this year.

So Anne Frank prefers doggie-style, huh? I would've pegged her as a fan of missionary.

ortonschildbearinghips
And I am AWESOME

Posts 176
Registered 11-22-2007
Location the big flat space in the middle

Mood: spicy

posted on 1-1-2008 at 12:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well, gee, thanks. I guess. Anyway, to those of you that voted for me, whatever, I have a year to turn it around.

Happy New Year everyone, except Jeb.

Doesn't look like Mario Williams over Reggie Bush was that bad of a pick anymore does it?

Figure Foreskin
Prefers punkerhardcore Penis

Posts 2651
Registered 5-4-2004
Location 5-4-2004

Mood: Paper > Rock

posted on 1-1-2008 at 01:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I won both of 'em!? I'm shocked and speechless. Its a cliche but it truely was an honor just to be nominated. Thanks to the voters and now that I've already won I can come right out and say it: Jeb's flame was way better than mine. All of Jeb's flames are better then any crap I've ever lazily slopped onto the page but I won so take that. I beat the system. Democracy works. Neener neener neener.

Also thanks to PHC for finding the Khali pic, thanks to L2 for the custom status to complete the theme and thanks to all of you wonderful people who make it a joy to come here. And finally...

PUNKERHARDCORE IN '08!!!

"Any time you agree with Krydor, you're wrong."

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chretienbabacool
The Great One

Posts 3444
Registered 3-5-2003
Location Columbia, MO

Mood: Go Cubs!

posted on 1-1-2008 at 07:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
CHRETIENBABACOOL IN 2006!

Go Cubs!

And just imagine if, instead of the Palins, the Obama family had a pregnant, underage daughter on display at their convention, flanked by her black boyfriend who "intends" to marry her. Who among conservatives would have resisted the temptation to speak of "the dysfunction in the black community"?

LuckyLopez
Reeks of WCW

Posts 12562
Registered 2-13-2003

Mood: Grieving

posted on 1-1-2008 at 09:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You was robbed.

He smiled.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   LuckyLopez 's Aim
ModSquad
Hello, future girlfriend

Posts 3472
Registered 1-30-2003

Mood: Trumpy

posted on 1-1-2008 at 11:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ortonschildbearinghips
Well, gee, thanks. I guess. Anyway, to those of you that voted for me, whatever, I have a year to turn it around.

Congratulations on twice now sucking onto Rick's asshole like a vacuum and getting your ass out of a permaban. Good luck with that in the future. The next time you post something worthless, your "AW GORSH RICK, I MUSTA MISTOOK MAH POSTS FER DOO-DOO BAH ACCIDENT, I JUST LOVE THE TASTE OF YOUR ASSHOLE" gimmick won't get you another pass out of the land of Completely Fucking Retarded.

Also, congrats on being the only active poster to win Jackass of the Year. It must be REALLY rewarding personally to know that you sent as many cocksucking emails as possible to the webmaster just so you could stay on a board where most people think you're a piece of shit.

"The moment that The Rick tells me that I am in the wrong then I will stop. And since I have 10 years of reading his work under my belt I feel fairly confident that he won't since he is a proponent of thinking differently. Save the threats."

chretienbabacool
The Great One

Posts 3444
Registered 3-5-2003
Location Columbia, MO

Mood: Go Cubs!

posted on 1-1-2008 at 04:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
You was robbed.

QUOTED FOR TRUTH!

Go Cubs!

And just imagine if, instead of the Palins, the Obama family had a pregnant, underage daughter on display at their convention, flanked by her black boyfriend who "intends" to marry her. Who among conservatives would have resisted the temptation to speak of "the dysfunction in the black community"?

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top