The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Magnum Force
#tcb
Banned

Posts 330
Registered 1-14-2002

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 8-31-2002 at 03:08 PM Edit Post
Magnum Force

I just watched this movie on my Home Entertainment system and it was cool. It isn't as good as "Dirty Harry", but I really enjoyed the first sequel. Because you take a guy (Dirty Harry) who hates "wrong-doers" period, even cops.

**Spoiler Space

I felt the movie was a good follow-up, and featured a great cast (Eastwood and Hal Holbrook). It had a great storyline and great action and like the first movie. Having Lt. Briggs be the evil cop was good, but I'm sure many could see it coming when Briggs went "Everyman is gulity . . ."

Of course, many felt Harry was more mellow in this one. I don't know, uses Brigg's explosive device on Briggs was kind of hardcore. I mean, only Harry would expect a "so-called do-gooder" like Briggs to try to blame Harry for all the deaths, instead of shooting Harry. Harry's gamble was right. Which is why it went from " a good man always knows his limitations" to "a man's got to know his limitations". Kind of like the subtext in the first Movie when you compare the "44 Magnum" dialogue with the bank robber and the Scorpio Killer. So I wouldn't call Harry mellow at all.

Quite possibly the smarkest man alive... no wait, that's TCB.

"A man's got to know his limitations." -- Harry Callahan, "Magnum Force".

"Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one." -- Harry Callahan, "The Dead Pool".

New Topic New Poll

go to top