The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Good Smackdown
#tcb
Banned

Posts 330
Registered 1-14-2002

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 8-2-2002 at 03:45 PM Edit Post
Good Smackdown

The Good:

--Hogan vs. Angle was a **1/2* Hogan style match, and Hogan even got to win, although it was a cheap victory due to Angle losing his cool and the referee waking up for the DQ. The match seemed to flow better than their PPV match back at KOR. The only bad thing is this means Hogan has to play old man and JOB to the Brock. I don't mind seeing the "immortal" unbeatable legand JOB against TOP TALENT, but to me Lesner is the poor man's Goldberg. I almost wish for Goldberg to join the WWE just to squash Brock. Never happened, but if Brock walks out of SummerSlam as World Champ -- I might take up skeet shooting and give up on any form of Wrestling/Sports Entertainment.

-- Eric Bischoff. The guy is the master prick, but you can notice more and more people just love to love this guy because he is a prick -- while Stephanine gets the same heat she has always got. Sorry Steph, but I really hope during Normal and Anal Sex that Triple H does tape your mouth shut. Knowing her, she probably likes to talk during Oral sex too. God, Steph is so hard on my ears.

-- Beniot and Eddy to Smackdown. I didn't need to read the spoilers when I saw them come out. Do the math, Tag Champs on Raw = IC champ on Smackdown. Almost made me know that RVD was jobbing to Beniot because of it. Besides, Beniot was Smackdown talent before the infamous failed Austin feud that never happened because Austin decided to play politics and nobody wanted to play back. However, I'm guessing Beniot and Jericho was the fair trade because we all know Latino Heat is worth more like 6 Candians, or maybe the four Candians were a package deal for one Latino Heat and one Canadian Dumba$$.

-- The heat between Steph and Stacy that will go nowhere, but since I find Stacy more sexy than the woman that thinks she is God's gift to men.

-- Rey Mysterio vs. Tajari -- Seeing Rey back in the mask takes me back to flashbacks of Kevin Nash begging him to put it back on after he was forced to take it off. I mean Rey is ugly, but women aren't going to swear off men and become lesbians just because he is ugly. Just joking . . . as I know Vince put him back in the mask to give him some mystery -- or maybe he did it because he is ugly. Who knows. Great match between those two, however.

-- Not really good, but that belly to belly from Brock on Mark Henry was wicked. The F-5 suplex was cool to see done to Henry again too. Henry needs a new gimmick like maybe Black Texan or something where he wears a cowboy hat and carries a rope like Bradshaw. Then he could go to Raw and feud with Bradshaw and Dreamer over the Texas Hardcore Title.

The Bad:

-- Steph McMahon. The women makes my ears bleed. She has watched too many Jackie Gleason comedys or something because her "GET OUT OF HERE" makes her sound like a female Ralph Cramdon. Wouldn't it be shocking that she doesn't talk during sex? I doubt it too, she probably can talk with her mouth full.

-- Reverand D-Von: The gimmick isn't working folks. I mean they basically gave up giving him talking time, and the gimmick of him being an evil Preacher is dead. Bring Bubba to Smackdown or send D-Von to Raw and reform the Dudlez before its too late for D-Von. Send Batista back to OVW because we all know that having one useless lug (Brock) is bad enough. Although Rakishi vs. D-Von was good enough.

-- The Brock. I hate him, and I don't think its heel heat either. Remember when Scott Hall felt Hogan having the belt in 2002 was like having a tapeworm. Seeing Brock gives me that same feeling. I won't read the spoilers, and while its in my backyard -- I don't plan to go to Smackdown either. Not because I don't want to see Hogan JOB live, but because the Richmond Coselum isn't one of the top notch arenas in the world.

The Ugly:

-- Rey Mysterio without the mask.

DennisIsEvil
Showstopper

Posts 631
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood:

posted on 8-2-2002 at 05:56 PM Edit Post
At least tonight Brock won a match without Heenan. But letting him talk was NOT a good idea. Brock can wrestle but his indestructable heel gimmick needs to come to an end. I mean job this guy sometime.

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12841
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 8-2-2002 at 07:57 PM Edit Post
I have a feeling his unstoppable heel gimmick won't end until a few months after becoming champion. He's getting the Yokozuna push, no doubt.

In which time they should elevate a new star to dethrone him. My prediction: RVD or Edge.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12571
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 8-2-2002 at 08:24 PM Edit Post
Is it just me, or is Jamie Noble really coming into his own as an enteraining and effective (yet subtle) heel? I'm not talking about tonight in particular... Cole is one of the last people I want to watch make out with somebody... I just mean in general
Laner
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1835
Registered 1-8-2002
Location Uptown

Mood:

posted on 8-2-2002 at 08:34 PM Edit Post
quote:
Is it just me, or is Jamie Noble really coming into his own as an enteraining and effective (yet subtle) heel?

There are a lot of words I could use to describe Noble's character. Subtle isn't one of them

(I know what you were driving at... and I agree - he's good)

Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4503
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood: Careworn

posted on 8-2-2002 at 08:47 PM Edit Post
I like the trailer trash gimmick as well. it's down to earth and doesn't seem contrived. It's gonna work because its real, ala Austin and McMahon.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Eli 's Aim   Eli 's Yahoo
RatherbeinChyna
Fella

Posts 289
Registered 5-31-2002

posted on 8-3-2002 at 01:36 AM Edit Post
Yeah

I too thought smackdown was really good. Eazy-E is god...he was really good in the NWO at it height but he has taken it to another level. Jamie Nobel is almost the highlight of any show...he does a great job at making the title mean something, it seems to be the most important title besides the Unified. I liked the Cena match even though it was nothing special. Rey looked really solid tonight and Hogan once again gets extra credit for doing some really solid stuff. Angle is the best thing going with out a doubt.

Best Line of the night

Hey Steph.....I really like your peaches.

I was DX before DX was cool. ~HBK

RogueRacer
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 92
Registered 7-16-2002

posted on 8-3-2002 at 02:54 AM Edit Post
I'm digging Noble and Nidia. It's nice to see simple gimmicks that work. Look at Rev. D-von for one that doesn't.

So is Steph supposed to be a heel or a face? It looks like she's playing the crowd like a face, but acting like a heel towards the talent. I don't think that's going to work for her. I actually would have liked to have seen her back as a heel in some form (or even a clear cut face), but not as a GM. Right now Eric is doing so well that it makes her look really bad. Smackdown really does need a clear face GM. Shane-O Mac to the rescue of little sis?

Bring RVD to Smackdown now! I want to see the RVD/Benoit feud. Bastards!

Got to love Rock leading by example though. Mostly clean tapout (job) to Benoit by the biggest name in the game.

New Topic New Poll

go to top