The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: The Almighty Dollar
Raven Michaels
Bought the farm with the Almighty Dollar

Posts 48
Registered 12-19-2005

Mood:

posted on 5-25-2006 at 09:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Almighty Dollar

I cant STAND how EVERYTHING is run by the "almighty" dollar...

The main point of this post is about a channel called G4 which is a gaming channel for those who dont know...well it use to be...it has been ruined by a company named Viacom...they changed the shows "format" cause it was getting bad ratings...

Who the HELL CARES IF G4 is/was getting bad ratings...you dont cancel all the damn shows and bring in new hosts and put on shows no one gives a shit about and have NOTHING TO DO about video games...

Not gonna kill Viacom to have a channel stick to its original point...now the shows on cable Im sure the ratings or whatever dumbass reason they put all these crappy shows on for would be good...think about it...a majority of teens in America ARE gamers...

Yeah and this is the same company that ruined MTV and VH1. "Music? Who cares if thats the whole point of the show...lets have a bunch of crappy shows like "Yo Mama"...and who cares if we have two channels...one of which we could actually put music (besides rap) in...lets fill that with a bunch of other crap..."

And beside Viacom...theres all these remakes of movies just to make a quick dollar...

Also...keep in mind...the reason Cena was champ for 10 months despite being the most stale character since 2003 Triple H...was because little kids buy his stupid belt replicas and chains and other merchandise...

Peoples want of money is just crazy...

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Raven+Michaels 's Aim
ModSquad
Hello, future girlfriend

Posts 3472
Registered 1-30-2003

Mood: Trumpy

posted on 5-25-2006 at 09:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
oh this is tv stuff why didn't you put it in tv?

FUCK the reruns of HOUSE. Why doesn't that run all year?

no I totally get what your saying. peoples want of money is killing shit. like right now I just want to get this stereo, but my boss is all like, "You have to work," and Im all like I do work, and he says work more, and Im like what about overtime. N-E WAY, I was watching the election and I was thinking that BOTH parties are all about money, because I didn't elect them, and their not taling to me, and MY BEST FRIEND is black and a lesbian, but the demmoracrats arent talking to her and my dads all well off and wont pay for my school and shit but the rePUBlincans (notice the word PUB, like PUBLIC) aren't even taling to him

and what the fuck was that on HOUSE? because I was just like, HOW CAN YOU GET AWAY WITH THAT, FOX?

anyway, do you guys know how to sign out from a wesbite when it won't let you? I was trying to get out of hotmail, but it won't let me sign out. fuck I should have put this in PC/games

FUCK this whole oil thing. We need to come to an agreement about abortion.
oh this is politics stuff why didn't you put this in NEWS?

[Edited on 5-25-2006 by ModSquad]

"The moment that The Rick tells me that I am in the wrong then I will stop. And since I have 10 years of reading his work under my belt I feel fairly confident that he won't since he is a proponent of thinking differently. Save the threats."

Gobshite
The Great One

Posts 3501
Registered 1-30-2004
Location Right here, in Birmingham, England!!

Mood:

posted on 5-25-2006 at 12:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Is that the Canadian Dollar, Australian Dollar or US Dollar you wish to fuck? Cuz I heard the Canadian Dollar has AIDS and shit.

angstboy
cornerkicked.com

Posts 4930
Registered 12-11-2002
Location Baltimore, MD

Mood:

posted on 5-25-2006 at 01:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It's the ALMIGHTY Dollar... God's money. Unfortunately the exchange rate between American DOllars and Heaven Dollars is abysmal. Heaven hasn't exported anything of value in like 6000 years and the only thing they import are souls... and they don't even PAY for them. The Devil's got that market cornered. Anyway, the Heaven Dollar isn't worth shit, which is why there are a number of people here on earth that have more money than God.

Rhythmic
Showstopper

Posts 658
Registered 3-30-2006
Location Dayton, OH

Mood: Thinking...

posted on 5-25-2006 at 03:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

Heaven hasn't exported anything of value in like 6000 years

I would say 2000 years and it was only two exports, but that wasn't really the point was it?

EDIT: Formatting...

[Edited on 5-25-2006 by Rhythmic]

A great many things in this world are a mystery. There can be great fun trying to figure them out.

TarheelMike
The Immortal One

Posts 4845
Registered 3-6-2003
Location DFW

Mood: Medium Rare

posted on 5-25-2006 at 06:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by angstboy
It's the ALMIGHTY Dollar... God's money. Unfortunately the exchange rate between American DOllars and Heaven Dollars is abysmal. Heaven hasn't exported anything of value in like 6000 years and the only thing they import are souls... and they don't even PAY for them. The Devil's got that market cornered. Anyway, the Heaven Dollar isn't worth shit, which is why there are a number of people here on earth that have more money than God.

When post of the year time rolls around, I'm gonna remember this one...

“Pinson, with five. Looks up, drivin’ in. Maye, for the win... NORTH CAROLINA!! With point three seconds to go! An incredible shot!” - Jim Nantz, calling Carolina’s South Regional Final victory over Kentucky.

“FBIGORJAHSJDHFJGOGPDJSHCH!!!!!” - Mikey, calling Carolina’s South Regional Final victory over Kentucky

Stu
Caledonian Crippler

Posts 3548
Registered 5-17-2005
Location Glasgow, Scotland

Mood: Scottish

posted on 5-25-2006 at 10:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
At least you've got a video games channel. Over here, we're lucky to have gotten 2, maybe 3 GOOD video games shows ever TOPS.

"WWE's like Sable's f***y: it's not been any good since 1998, and it's been fucked by Vince McMahon"-Billy Kirkwood

mooseheadjack

Posts 10512
Registered 5-13-2002
Location over here

Mood: plotting evil

posted on 5-25-2006 at 10:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
well in theory it is a video game channel, and on occasion they do trot out something new that is video game related.

But mostly we have to put up with the inane Fastlane, and yet more Star Trek reruns, cause lord knows Trekkies can't get enough of that damn show

My personal fuck-off list: 1. Tony Romo 2. Eli Manning 3. The New York Yankees 4. LeBron James 5. Kobe Bryant 6. SEC Fans 7. The SEC 8. the Political Right 9. religion 10. Almost everything the WWE does

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   mooseheadjack 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
nOOb
The Man

Posts 7462
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 5-25-2006 at 11:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
When did Lee Meriwether play Catwoman? I remember Newmar playing her first and then inexplicably being switched with Kitt, but I don't recall there being a third Catwoman...unless she was sandwiched in the middle of those two somewhere. Or if she was the voice of Catwoman for the Batman Animated Series (was Catwoman really in that for very long? I scarcely remember her).
Stu
Caledonian Crippler

Posts 3548
Registered 5-17-2005
Location Glasgow, Scotland

Mood: Scottish

posted on 5-25-2006 at 11:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Adam West wouldn't bother mentioning the animated show. He was talking about the 60s live action one (though he did voice the Gray Ghost in Batman: TAS)

"WWE's like Sable's f***y: it's not been any good since 1998, and it's been fucked by Vince McMahon"-Billy Kirkwood

markout
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1300
Registered 1-4-2002
Location Elsewhere

Mood: Zen-tastic

posted on 5-25-2006 at 11:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Raven Michaels
Who the HELL CARES IF G4 is/was getting bad ratings...you dont cancel all the damn shows and bring in new hosts and put on shows no one gives a shit about and have NOTHING TO DO about video games...

Not to drag logic kicking and screaming into a realm where it obviously holds no sway, but that's pretty much exactly what you do when a show/channel is getting bad ratings. You change the formatting and programming in an effort to generate more ad revenue so you can keep your little channel on the air.

On behalf of Viacom (with whom I share absolutely no affiliation), we apologize to you for ruining G4, VH1 and MTV. We realize our profit-driven business model has adversely affected your life and wish to make it up to you in the form of two expired coupons to T.G.I. Friday's for free desserts when you purchase an entree ($10.95 or more).

EDITED because

[Edited on 5-25-2006 by markout]

Do NOT fuck with my chi.

angstboy
cornerkicked.com

Posts 4930
Registered 12-11-2002
Location Baltimore, MD

Mood:

posted on 5-25-2006 at 11:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I hate to ruin part of this tirade, but G4 isn't owned by Viacom. It's owned by Comcast. Viacom and Comcast have a licensing agreement, that's it.

http://www.g4tv.com/g4/about/index.html

quote:
G4 launched in April 2002 and is now available in 53 million cable and satellite homes nationwide. The #1 podcasted cable network in America and a leader in VOD, G4’s programming includes breaking video game industry news, trends, reviews, the hottest games and gear, celebrity interviews and insider opinions. Targeting the male 18-34 audience, G4 is the last word on games, sports, technology, animation, interactivity, the Internet and broadband. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles and is owned by Comcast Corporation.

Do some fucking research.

Raven Michaels

Posts 48
Registered 12-19-2005

Mood:

posted on 5-25-2006 at 11:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by markout
Not to drag logic kicking and screaming into a realm where it obviously holds no sway, but that's pretty much exactly what you do when a show/channel is getting bad ratings. You change the formatting and programming in an effort to generate more ad revenue so you can keep your little channel on the air.

Then quit calling it what it isnt...

Besides now that its on cable it would probably be watched more if they went back to the old format...but hey they might lose a little bit of money...oh no...

And to...Jeb Tennyson Lund...good job you took a bunch of stuff out of context in my post and quoted it in another post...you wanna go to T.G.I.F with me when I get my 10.95 coupon?

[Edited on 5-26-2006 by ModSquad]

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Raven+Michaels 's Aim
Raven Michaels

Posts 48
Registered 12-19-2005

Mood:

posted on 5-26-2006 at 12:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Har har?
Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12571
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 5-26-2006 at 01:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Har har?

Well, if it answers your question, I laughed.

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

Raven Michaels

Posts 48
Registered 12-19-2005

Mood:

posted on 5-26-2006 at 02:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah well...

No point in arguing over my rant just because Im not thinking like some selfish company owner...may not be the smartest decision to change it back to a gaming channel like its suppose to be but hey...not gonna stop me from complaining...

Whatever...

ThePunisher
The Great One

Posts 3331
Registered 4-19-2003
Location Asheville, NC

Mood:

posted on 5-26-2006 at 02:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
FUCK G4!

The bastards at Ziff-Davis should have never sold TechTV to Comcast in the first place. At least then I could still be watching shows like ScreenSavers and Call for Help on TV, instead of having to download shows like This Week in Tech and Diggnation. Even X-Play was better when it was on TechTV.

Wait 'Til Next Year - The best baseball podcast on the 'Net!

mooseheadjack

Posts 10512
Registered 5-13-2002
Location over here

Mood: plotting evil

posted on 5-26-2006 at 02:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I miss Judgement Day, that show was fun to watch.

My personal fuck-off list: 1. Tony Romo 2. Eli Manning 3. The New York Yankees 4. LeBron James 5. Kobe Bryant 6. SEC Fans 7. The SEC 8. the Political Right 9. religion 10. Almost everything the WWE does

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   mooseheadjack 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
angstboy
cornerkicked.com

Posts 4930
Registered 12-11-2002
Location Baltimore, MD

Mood:

posted on 5-26-2006 at 03:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The reason Tech TV was sold to Comcast was because Comcast didn't want two "tech" channels on their system. They owned G4 and wanted IT to be the only one, even though it sucked balls. So basically, they told the Tech TV people, sell us your station so we can merge it with G4 or else we won't carry Tech TV anymore. They were screwed either way.

Tech TV was 100 times better than G4 and would probably be a fairly popular channel now if it hadn't been turned into a 13-year-old's paradise. They actually had fucking shows where you watched a video game being played. WHAT THE FUCK!?!?! Now they're trying to boost ratings by adding stuff that Tech TV probably could have gotten away with. The whole channel is gay. If it weren't for Morgan Webb, I'd never EVER stop on that station. Well, there is the fact that i don't really give two shits about video games.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7932
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 5-26-2006 at 03:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
See...this is why I like Canadian stations having a hard time switching formats.

Call For Help is still on G4TechTV Canada.

So is Reviews On The Run and ElecPlay.

And I've never seen The Man Show on there once. Plus, Amber MacArthur seems to be on every new show they put out (Gadgets & Gizmos and Torrent)...and that is a VERY good thing.

As for the bemoaning of G4's latest changes. Ummmm...you're kidding right? AOTS has sucked for a while? Icons has been hit or miss for a while. And X-Play has been going downhill ever since the name change from Extended Play.

Besides, the TechTV crew has put out better content since the end of TechTV anyways.

Patrick Norton and Robert Heron on DLTV.

Kevin and Alex on Diggnation.

Filter's Diane Mizota with InDigital.

And hell, Leo is all over the freaking place.

the real Ryan
I abuse avatar fields with my defunct account

Posts 764
Registered 5-16-2006

Mood: Algebraic

posted on 5-26-2006 at 04:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
I cant STAND how EVERYTHING is run by the "almighty" dollar...

The all-knowing Almighty Dollar is WATCHING YOU.

Chris Is Good517

Posts 12571
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 5-26-2006 at 07:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the real Ryan
The all-knowing Almighty Dollar is WATCHING YOU.

Is it watching me as I sleep? Because sometimes Solly does that and it's really creepy.

Oh, and our post counts are each one higher, Ryan. Good job!

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

chretienbabacool
The Great One

Posts 3444
Registered 3-5-2003
Location Columbia, MO

Mood: Go Cubs!

posted on 5-26-2006 at 08:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

Go Cubs!

And just imagine if, instead of the Palins, the Obama family had a pregnant, underage daughter on display at their convention, flanked by her black boyfriend who "intends" to marry her. Who among conservatives would have resisted the temptation to speak of "the dysfunction in the black community"?

salmonjunkie

Posts 12847
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 5-26-2006 at 08:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The first time I ever stopped on G4, I saw a 15 year old episode of Starrcade. Lame.

Then the second time, I saw Videogame Vixens. For the next 2 hours, I was ashamed to have a penis.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
nOOb
The Man

Posts 7462
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 5-26-2006 at 04:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You know, even as a kid I thought a videogame channel would be cool, but it also would be a totally bad idea. Fastforward to when my digital cable first picked up G4 and man do I realize I was a smart kid.

Though those old episodes of Starcade are HI~larious to watch to see how nerds from the 70's and 80's (real nerds, not the TV type) dressed...and they do pretty much look like the TV type.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top