The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Quick Raw results
FromPartzUnknown
Taste and Class

Posts 402
Registered 11-15-2005
Location In my pants

Mood:

posted on 12-27-2005 at 09:50 PM Edit Post
Looks like I got here to late, you guys have pretty much covered everything. I don't like squash. I didn't have it for Christmas dinner and I sure as hell don't want 2 hours of it for my RAW. Can someone tell me what in the blue hell was the purpose of Victoria getting squashed by Carlito? Man did they miss a golden opportunity there to bring some respectability (back) to the women's division by having Victoria hold her own. Her hitting a Widow's Peak on Carlito would have been possibly the mark out moment of the year for me. I think Carlito's character could have pulled it off too, because let's face it...he's great on the mic, but he's not exactly known for his in ring domination. Hell, have him kick out of it even...but the way the match was booked made no sense.

Some things I did like were the Cutting Edge. I don't care if it was blatently ripped off from Conan, it made me laugh. Also, HHH's "fatboy" remark was awesome. I have expected him to give a "Whooooooo!" just as a shout out to Flair. I enjoyed the Shelton/Cena match, but strictly for the crowd response.

Mickie James is the most annoying thing since premature ejaculation. And speaking of, writer monkey's....you should be taken out back and shot if you can't come up with a story line for your female talent that doesn't ALWAYS resort to 'HLA 101 for Dummies'. THAT too me is more insulting/irritating than Cena and Masters combined.

And finally, if someone can EVER explain to me the point of Vince taking up so much of my time with worthless shit, I'll mail you a dollar. He is totally losing his mind if he decides to book himself as the main event with that garbage. All that 'squash' and HORRIBLY written skits is not what I want when I turn on wrestling. Honestly, the last few episodes of IMPACT! have blown WWE out of the water. If you missed this weekends, you missed a "Promo of the Year" canidate by Christian. I'll take that over this current WWE writer monkey sewage leak any day.

After the comments Vince made about "competition" and the product he's been putting out lately, if I didn't know anybetter I'd say he was on the TNA payroll.

Figure Foreskin
Prefers punkerhardcore Penis

Posts 2651
Registered 5-4-2004
Location 5-4-2004

Mood: Paper > Rock

posted on 12-27-2005 at 09:58 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by GatorBait
no way in hell, Chris! keep tha av!

it's TEH cOOl~!

That's a pretty neato av you got there too Gator. It's been entertaining me. And let's see, what are you guys talkin' about here? I can jump in. I want to help.

Masters sucks!

He's not that bad!

Yes he is! You're on drugs!

I'm not on drugs! All nOObs are stupid!

Masters is getting better!

No he isn't! He sucks cocks live on TV!

I'M GONNA KILL YOU WITH MY DESERT EAGLE!

"Any time you agree with Krydor, you're wrong."

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
USF Bull
Banned

Posts 1785
Registered 11-16-2005

Mood:

posted on 12-27-2005 at 10:14 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by blackdragon
When Victoria came out, I foolishly had hopes for some sort of fluke victory. I really didn't appreciate Victoria being that scared of Carlito. Carlito is not that much bigger than her and I've dated a psycho or two that don't care how big you are and will claw, bite, or bludgeon you to prove that point. I would have marked so hard if she would have Widow's Peaked him. Hell I would have bought the PPV as thanks if she would have just been allowed to scoop slam him or something. Hell treat her like a cruiser and let her get some Rey Misterio like head scissors and moonsaults (she has a beautiful top rope one that hasn't been utilized since she turned back heel) Anything instead of the "I'm so helpless please don't hurt me" routine. If Christy can get in offense against your dominant women's champion, then damn it, Victoria could have gotten in an arm drag or something to your resident "cheap win" guy.

I totally agree. I was PRAYING that she was going to hit him with a "Widow's Peak".
However, it is nice that AppleBoy finally has a finisher. Don't know how it'll look against a guy, but it looked wicked-stiff against her.

ModSquad004
Cop Dawg

Posts 2324
Registered 5-10-2003
Location on the ATV

Mood: no mood 4 poop

posted on 12-27-2005 at 10:22 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by FromPartzUnknown
I don't like squash. I didn't have it for Christmas dinner and I sure as hell don't want 2 hours of it for my RAW.

then be glad you didn't watch WWF television in the 80s.

WOOF!

FromPartzUnknown
Taste and Class

Posts 402
Registered 11-15-2005
Location In my pants

Mood:

posted on 12-27-2005 at 10:23 PM Edit Post
I thought it was pretty funny that Carlito sold the shot to the knee with "The Magic Wand of Doom" like he'd just been hit by HHH with the sledgehammer.

And just for the record...was that the first time that an actual puppy interfered in a wrestling match? He had more moves than Chris Ma.......oh never mind.

mdub
rOOkie

Posts 25
Registered 12-1-2005

Mood: pumkininny.

posted on 12-27-2005 at 10:30 PM Edit Post
"Cena the character and Cena the wrestler are not really the same. He's playing a cartoon character because that's what Vince wants; he can have really good matches when he's allowed to. Having him in the main event at WrestleMania wouldn't be the end of the world. He's 10x the champion JBL was..."

What's 10 times 0?

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   mdub 's Aim
OOLee
This Space For Rent

Posts 48
Registered 2-6-2002

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 12-27-2005 at 10:35 PM Edit Post
Man - I missed you guys...

Funniest part of Raw - for me - was hearing the high pitched Cena chants vs. the lower (male) voices for Benjamin.

Just wanted to throw that out there to show that the male audience hates Cena while the teeny-bopping girls love Cena...that should tell you something.

USF Bull
Banned

Posts 1785
Registered 11-16-2005

Mood:

posted on 12-27-2005 at 10:39 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by FromPartzUnknown
And just for the record...was that the first time that an actual puppy interfered in a wrestling match?

Nahh- that would have been when Mrs. Lawler whipped them out at that PPV a few years ago.

Ohhhh- you mean an actual canine vulgaris? I see that you missed the wonders of the Al Snow/Big Boss Man "Kennel From Hell" match. Lucky you.

quote:
He had more moves than Chris Ma.......oh never mind.

THAT was funny.

Kemmel
And I am AWESOME

Posts 184
Registered 12-14-2005
Location You would like me to tell you wouldn't you!

Mood: Delighted!

posted on 12-27-2005 at 10:41 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by USF Bull
I totally agree. I was PRAYING that she was going to hit him with a "Widow's Peak".
However, it is nice that AppleBoy finally has a finisher. Don't know how it'll look against a guy, but it looked wicked-stiff against her.

It's a good finisher but effectively it marks the end of the Carlito I like, who cheats like a complete bastard to win matches.

Still, I'd rather have that than certain other finishers in WWE!

y2jnewhero
And I am AWESOME

Posts 139
Registered 8-23-2004

Mood:

posted on 12-27-2005 at 10:49 PM Edit Post
oolee, please see my previous post regarding crowd support for cena (and everyone else, *that's* the attitude I was talking about...). Perhaps it's not even the "generalization" that irritates me - it's the perception that what's "manly" is what's "good"; that if "only women and children" like something (which is NOT true in regards to Cena) then it must be bad. Yes, there was a solid contingent of anti-cena cheers, but the pro-cena contingent was much more numerous. I guess we need the beer-drinking, swearing, middle-finger-wagging, low-brow-appealing Steve Austin to garner the respect of the "real" male audience...

and mdub - haha! well done although technically 0 would probably be if he was never champion at all, so it'd be at least 1 times 10

Kemmel
And I am AWESOME

Posts 184
Registered 12-14-2005
Location You would like me to tell you wouldn't you!

Mood: Delighted!

posted on 12-27-2005 at 10:52 PM Edit Post
quote:
Masters sucks!

He's not that bad!

Yes he is! You're on drugs!

I'm not on drugs! All nOObs are stupid!

Masters is getting better!

No he isn't! He sucks cocks live on TV!

I'M GONNA KILL YOU WITH MY DESERT EAGLE!

I have to agree with the anti Masters batallion on this one.

His match with Chavo reminded me of a soccer match between Faroe Islands and Scotland. Chavo would have been the Faeroes that night. He embarassed the supposedly more brilliant opponent.

Oh and by the way, here's his movelist from Wikipedia. I think this really says it all.

The Master Lock / Pumping (Iron) Cross (Swinging full nelson submission)
Double axe handle attack
Millitary press slam
Delayed vertical suplex
Torture rack / Argentine neckbreaker

[Edited on 12-27-2005 by Kemmel]

OOLee
This Space For Rent

Posts 48
Registered 2-6-2002

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 12-27-2005 at 11:54 PM Edit Post
Y2J - while I agree that 15 to 18 year old girls need someone to cheer as well, it just seems to me - a guy in his mid 30's who would have cheered for Benjamin with his deeper voice - that Cena sucks BECAUSE of everything that the 15 to 18 year old girls like about him.

In my opinion, the WWE may want to market their champion to their main demographic...not the extra fluff that comes along with it.

But, I guess we all have our opinions...

ModSquad
Hello, future girlfriend

Posts 3472
Registered 1-30-2003

Mood: Trumpy

posted on 12-28-2005 at 12:42 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kemmel
Oh and by the way, here's his movelist from Wikipedia...

I can't quote such an authoritative source as Wikipedia, but here's the Rhetorical Arsenal I've been able to determine you have, from reading your posts:

1. Any joke about Eddie Guerrero is bad.
2. Masters sucks.
3. Random filler that keeps space before the point of the post (see #1 or #2).

I think this really says it all.

EDIT- Are the Faroe Islands heels or faces? Can you have those in soccer?

[Edited on 12-28-2005 by ModSquad]

"The moment that The Rick tells me that I am in the wrong then I will stop. And since I have 10 years of reading his work under my belt I feel fairly confident that he won't since he is a proponent of thinking differently. Save the threats."

USF Bull
Banned

Posts 1785
Registered 11-16-2005

Mood:

posted on 12-28-2005 at 01:18 AM Edit Post
Well, The Rick has his recap up (finally) and I have to say that he nails it pretty well. He is a bit nicer about certain aspects of the show than I, but the overall feeling of "????" is appropriate.

I must have stepped out of the room during Shelton's phone call to mommy. Also, somebody mentioned Trevor Murdock and the closet... ? Details, anybody?

FromPartzUnknown
Taste and Class

Posts 402
Registered 11-15-2005
Location In my pants

Mood:

posted on 12-28-2005 at 01:28 AM Edit Post
Did anyone else last night think that Angle's mystery opponent was going to be Sgt. Slaughter?

If I were a betting man, I'd have lost the house. (If I owned one that is).

E.F.G.
Banned

Posts 576
Registered 11-22-2005
Location Mass

Mood:

posted on 12-28-2005 at 05:15 AM Edit Post
The way people are talking, Chris Masters' best asset is NOT killing people in the ring. When the best thing you can say about a guy is "hey, he hasn't hurt anyone in a year" you have serious issues. Let's all agree Mr. Masters has no business being on Raw. Put him on house shows, dark matches, but not on TV. I hope we can all agree on that much. Also, Randy Orton is 10000x times the wrestler Masters is. Plus, as an added bonus, he draws heat. ZING!

As for T-Murdoch, he was reviewing the movie "Brokeback Mountain" and basically said he fucked his buddy out on the trails and not to judge him.

If you don't believe in God, believe in Maria!
Driver of the Candace Michelle bandwagon. Hop on, there's plenty of room.

ConcreteTG
The Great One

Posts 3613
Registered 10-6-2002
Location sitting on a guardrail

Mood: Heroic

posted on 12-28-2005 at 05:27 AM Edit Post
EFG-

Glad you read half my prior post. please go read the rest of it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   ConcreteTG 's Aim
Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12571
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 12-28-2005 at 05:29 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by E.F.G.

Also, Randy Orton is 10000x times the wrestler Masters is. Plus, as an added bonus, he draws heat. ZING!

ZING! is right! Why, you sure pwn3d me!

[Edited on 12-28-2005 by Chris Is Good517]

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

y2jnewhero
And I am AWESOME

Posts 139
Registered 8-23-2004

Mood:

posted on 12-28-2005 at 05:52 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by OOLee
Y2J - while I agree that 15 to 18 year old girls need someone to cheer as well, it just seems to me - a guy in his mid 30's who would have cheered for Benjamin with his deeper voice - that Cena sucks BECAUSE of everything that the 15 to 18 year old girls like about him.

In my opinion, the WWE may want to market their champion to their main demographic...not the extra fluff that comes along with it.

But, I guess we all have our opinions...

So you're saying that the reason you don't like is Cena because he has muscular arms and big pecs? Because that's why the (not necessarily 15-18 year old) girls like him. And I hear what you're saying, but as a guy in my early 20's *I* would've cheered Cena in my deeper voice because I just like him (and I'm not OOOMMMGGGG!!! gay)... plus, as I pointed out in an earlier post, you could obviously see men cheering for him. I totally understand your point though - their key demo is not kids and it's not women, but it *is* anyone who will buy merchandise - Cena sells merch, bottomline.

But yeah, everyone is entitled their opinion

shashwat mishra
Showstopper

Posts 855
Registered 9-27-2002
Location Bhubaneswar, India

Mood: Saving Money

posted on 12-28-2005 at 06:49 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kemmel
Special mention has to go to Chavo Guererro. Not only did he carry Chris Masters throughout that entire match, but he managed to expose just how unbelievable dreadful Masters is!

Hi Kemmel,

My understanding is that if you can carry someone well in a match, you cannot at the same time expose how dreadful they are. If you did the latter, then you probably did not carry them at all.

Just teasing...

I don't see Masters getting any special treatment from the WWE. Shawn Michaels beat him in the one major singles feud that he has had till date. I think, he has been losing matches recently as well. I think that he will probably improve with time and it is not a bad idea to keep him in the IC Title mix.

Stuck in the 1980s.

mdub
rOOkie

Posts 25
Registered 12-1-2005

Mood: pumkininny.

posted on 12-28-2005 at 08:57 AM Edit Post
There are 3 targets of internet jackoff hatred.

1. Chris Masters
2. John Cena
3. Randy Orton

Now what can we think of that links these three together? Do they all have the "look"? Yeah. Early to mid twenties? Check. Being force fed down our throats week after week? Yup.

I'm not gonna lie, whenever I see any of those three individuals trotting down the entrance ramp each week, I ready my fast forwarding thumb. Are they awful workers? Well, Cena and Orton aren't awful by any means, but definitely can't carry a match on their own shoulders. Masters is just Masters. I think it's just a case of WWE wanting their next big money stars. These guys are, as stated, young and they have the "look". Instead of letting things happen organically like it did with, say, Rock or Austin, HBK or Hitman, individuals who became big money draws after the fans got behind them.

The problem as far as the E is concerned is that those 4 were already pushing their 30's (in Rock and HBKs cases) and 40's (Austin and Bret). WWE had to be leary letting Batista carry the title since he's, what, 36? They want young guys that they can milk from ages 22 to 40 (which seems to be the shelf life of a viable wrestler, not including your Flairs and Takers)

I can't stand Masters and his Luger 2K5 skillz. Cena just irritates me, but I see an upside. Orton? He's a dumb sack of shit, but he can do basic stuff, and can get carried to a decent match.

In a perfect world, these three wouldn't be getting pushed to the moon. Cena would still be working the US or Intercontinental ranks, same with Orton. They should be Upper mid-carders. Not maineventers at this moment. I think Orton and Cena both have a significant amount of potential, but their chia-pets still need to be watered. Masters? Well, I think I could be a career midcarder. As much as we talk about sending him back to OVW, there is no way he's going to come back with Benoit caliber matskills.

Granted, Orton and Cena are "integral" to the main event scene right now, since they have a lack of talent up on top. The problem? The brand split. If the brand split were eliminated it'd open up a crapload of possibilities, and leave them with an instantly stacked main event roster. There is no reason why we need two world champs.

Think about it, it'd give Orton and Cena a chance to test themselves out in the IC ranks for a year or two, build up some goodwill with the fans, and THEN they would be considered viable world champs.

Things are just too watered down on both shows.

oh, and we need Jericho back.

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   mdub 's Aim
punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8326
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 12-28-2005 at 09:56 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by USF Bull
Ohhhh- you mean an actual canine vulgaris? I see that you missed the wonders of the Al Snow/Big Boss Man "Kennel From Hell" match. Lucky you.

Yeah, but did THOSE dogs have their own superstar page on wwe.com?

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/chloe/profile/

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

Gasman
Requested a banning

Posts 86
Registered 12-22-2005

Mood:

posted on 12-28-2005 at 01:28 PM Edit Post
I absolutely refuse to hate any of those guys. First of all, they make more money than I do. That can't be all bad. They may be muscle heads, or whatever you want to call them, but they are still on TV getting seen. That's something at least. While I don't like the Character direction of Cena, he's still a pretty good performer. If they want to market him as a face, then take him back to where he started. Anyone remember "Ruthless Aggression"? His first match was against Angle if I remember right. The thug thing was good for the heel run he had, but doesn't boil over to this face run to me. But the man is a good in-ring worker.

Masters? Well, he's like Hercules Hernandez was in the old days, only Hernandez went all over the country before making it onto the main stage with WWF. He had skills for his size. Masters really needs the injury angle is all. Someone needs to brutally mame him, giving him about a 2-3 month layoff. Then he can train and get better. Did a world of good for Bruiser Brody in Texas as I mentioned in a previous post.

Ok, just my two cents. I've only been watching wrestling for the last 30 years. Been a good run...and ain't gonna stop anytime soon.

Man, I miss my Von Erichs

mooseheadjack

Posts 10512
Registered 5-13-2002
Location over here

Mood: plotting evil

posted on 12-28-2005 at 01:29 PM Edit Post
Figure I should throw my very late two cents in:

Michaels beat Snitsky in 5:56 - meh, it was an ok match. I am not as sold on Snitsky the wrestler as I am Snitcky the funny guy. He is about as limited as Masters in the ring, but no one mentiones that....must be because of the cool goatee.

Masters failed to beat Chavo - Master's best match to date, and it was NOT all because of Chavo. Ok, he messed up the promo, so now some of you are gonna bag all over that, never mind that even HHH and Flair slipped up in promos, that doesn't matter because, no matter what he does, Master's sucks to those folks. I would love to see these two feud over the IC title, it would help Masters learn in the ring and iimprove even more, and Chavo beating the bigger, stronger guy would keep the face heat on him, milking Eddie's death (intentionally or not) is only going to last so long.

Daviari beat Angle by CO when the ref refused to count the bogus pin attempts - I didn't catch all of this one, but what I did see was pretty annoying. Why didn't the ref count again?

Cena beat Shelton, but not fast enough to beat Michaels' time - I hate Cena. Did he seem to be playing to the boos of the crowd a bit? I didn't really see it, thankfully. I know Shelton is capable of greatness, but lately, for whatever reason, he just hasn't been doing it for me. Maybe he needs the heel turn as much as Cena

Carltio beat Victoria in 2:36 - Didn't care. I think Carlito is vastly overrated. He is only a little better than average in the ring, and while he can talk pretty well, it is nothing that blows me away. The match was pretty pointless too

Kane beat the Heart Throbs in :28 - And somewhere Demolition and The Wild Samoans turn in their graves (ok I know they are not dead) RIP tag team wrestling, you were once great, hell you were the highlight of Survivor Series '87 or '88 one or the other. This was pretty pointless, someone else mentioned, all this does is give Cena a fresh Kane to somehow overcome so he can look invincible. No thank you.

Also:

Mickie kissed Trish under the mistletoe - don't care. Next

Triple H smashed Big Show's hand with a sledgehammer during the contract signing - I am not a big HHH fan, but this could be interesting. I would love to see them drag this out for several months like the HHH-Batista series. I think a HHH-Show HITC at WM could be pretty good. But will Trips want to stay away from the world title that long?

Vince made a match for next week: Angle/Cena first blood - If Angle wins, legit, that is cool, but I have a feeling there will be shennanigans

Vince also reviewed the Bret DVD and somehow turned himself heel again by telling Shawn Michaels that he had to do whatever Vince said because there's no more WCW to go to. - Uh, meh? Not really sure where they are going with this. It would have been cool if HBK said something like "there is a little promotion down south still" or something like that, but then that would have been giving TNA time on WWE programming, and that won't happen. I will refrain on judging this one to see where it goes.

The Cutting Edge - meh. It had its moments, but overall, bleh. So now it is Flair vs. Edge for the IC title. Maybe this is how they get the title off of Flair while he deals with his legal troubles. It would be cool to have Edge come out and forfeit the IC title saying it is "beneath" him or something and his MITB shot will get him the world title. Then we have a tournament, and get the Masters-Chavo feud

Trevor Murdoch comes out - this could be funny if they go the creepy deliverance gay route instead of the flamboyant Rico gay route. Either way, I wish they hadn't done it at all. Maybe it will be forgotten. Let's hope it is forgotten. I would rather see Trevor Murdoch- angry redneck than Trevor Murdoch - Deliverance squeal like a pig guy

Angle's announcement - missed most of it, something about not supporting the troops or something. The E seems desperate to turn Angle heel. In another thread Johnny Ace says something along the lines of Samoa Joe could be the top level heel that Rikishi couldn't be. Hell Kurt Angle could be the top level heel that Rikishi couldn't be. Let Angle go out and just destroy people, the fans may not boo right away, but either way, you get the top level badass that he seems to want. Instead, they seem to want to try every half-assed way to get fans to boo Angle.

Ok, that is my take

My personal fuck-off list: 1. Tony Romo 2. Eli Manning 3. The New York Yankees 4. LeBron James 5. Kobe Bryant 6. SEC Fans 7. The SEC 8. the Political Right 9. religion 10. Almost everything the WWE does

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   mooseheadjack 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
GatorBait
CancerBait

Posts 4469
Registered 10-22-2004

Mood: OH FUCK YEAH!!!

posted on 12-28-2005 at 01:51 PM Edit Post
USF Bull... after reading more and more of their posts, I am REALLY REALLY sorry for lumping you in with EFG & Kemmel...

I'll buy you a beer next time you're in Gainesville...

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top