The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: 2005 bOOardies: Poster of the Year FINAL POLL
ArmyofOne
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1457
Registered 11-21-2002
Location Next to Trump's Wall

Mood: Fartz

posted on 12-23-2005 at 12:21 AM Edit Post
2005 bOOardies: Poster of the Year FINAL POLL

This is your last and final vote so you should vote for your FAVORITE for this category. Voting ends December 29th at 5:00pm Central Time when the final results will be posted. Vote and enjoy.

OO's Secretary of Defense

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   ArmyofOne 's Aim
fsolomon75
American Dream

Posts 8481
Registered 1-25-2002
Location SoCal

Mood: WILLIE~!

posted on 12-23-2005 at 02:56 AM Edit Post
Vote Moose in '05 - give him something to smile about cuz it sure ain't gonna be for the Eagles or Phils.

Teh wisdom of MooseheadJack: "tpyos are not going to ruin my day today" and "the only thing carved in stone for the Mets is the look on willie's face"

The 2007 Post Of The Year

folby
The Great One

Posts 3399
Registered 9-11-2003
Location schmocation

Mood:

posted on 12-23-2005 at 03:48 AM Edit Post
I voted for BTR because Moose stinks of the OOWF. For all I know BTR posts there too, but Moose is the one who carries the stench with him.

Things I have written recently
3/24: On Sandwiches: The Beef on Weck
3/16: The Rage Against The Machine School of Continuing Education
3/15: On Sandwiches Presents: The Best Possible Sandwich Chain

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   folby 's Aim
Operation Retard
Beats me, I'm gay!

Posts 3301
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood:

posted on 12-23-2005 at 04:14 AM Edit Post
For The OOWF Haters

ok. this award HAS to go to moose, and the reason IS the OOWF. now whether anyone here is personally for or against the OOWF, there's an achievement here that has to be recognized.

of the almost 2000 members of OO, it's safe to say that probably only 200 (if even that much) would be considered regular posters. true OOsters, if you will. of those, give-or-take 30 are involved in the OOWF. that number is probably colse to 40 if you count people who have been involved, but no longer are (and of those, FFC is the only one i can think of that left because OOWF was "weird." everyone else either stated they just dont have the time for it, or just disappeared from the boards completely).

basically, when that number of core OOsters are part of something, there's no denying that it's a major part of the board. and it doesn't matter if you personally are a fan. it IS a major part of the board and that's a fact. low key in it's little tucked away sub-forum, sure, but major none the less. the fact that it even has a subforum just adds to it's merit.

and all this is due to moose. OOWF may not have been created by moose, or even created this year, but it was this year that it took on a life of it's own and moose is the man that made that happen.

i was very against moose's nomination for lifetime achievement, cuz his only real achievement is what he did with OOWF, and it's simply too new for him to get that honor (i'm very happy 2hot and angst made the finals. that's who it shoulda been. VOTE 2HOT!!!). but poster of the year is exactly what he should be getting.

plus there's his competition. look, my little man-crush on BTR aside, it's pretty clear he's NOT the poster of 2005. in fact, outside the OOWF (where he's been absolute gold), BTR's been quite slacktastic this year. think about it. it's true.

vote for moose, people. and vote for 2hot for the lifetime achievement award. and vote NO on jeb, the curling thread, and php chat.

that is all.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Operation+Retard 's Aim
Operation Retard
Beats me, I'm gay!

Posts 3301
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood:

posted on 12-23-2005 at 05:15 AM Edit Post
you see, when i talk about moose's "OOWF cred," i'm not talking about the quality of his posts in that forum (don't get me wrong, they are quality. that's just not my point here). i'm talking about what he's done with the OOWF itself. no offense to ecosystem (who created the OOWF), but if it was still in his hands, not only do i believe that it wouldn't be something that 20% of core OOsters have at one time been involved in, with it's own subforum, i dont even think the thing would still exist today. that is a major accomplishment, and a major change on the board.

BTR on the other hand admits that he has not been billy gunn countdown/royal rumble-caliber this year. has he had some hilarious posts? yes. does seeing his name in the "last post by" make me venture into forums i don't normally go? sure does. but what has BTR accomplished other than being a generally funny guy? but does being generally funny make you poster of the year? i dont think so.

you mention moose's time spent in sports and CE, but he makes the rounds all over the board, and always has something interseting to say, even if it's not the "funniest." plus, moose is still very active in the wrestling forums, which BTR pretty much only makes annual appearances in (at least to actually talk about wrestling).

if you want me to admit that BTR is funnier than moose, i will. it's true. but moose turned a goofy idea into a legitimate sub-forum, and i think that is a greater accomplishment than being generally funny.

vote moose!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Operation+Retard 's Aim
Figure Foreskin
Prefers punkerhardcore Penis

Posts 2651
Registered 5-4-2004
Location 5-4-2004

Mood: Paper > Rock

posted on 12-23-2005 at 06:14 AM Edit Post
This whole arguement is over an award that is clearly invalid. BTR and MHJ are competing over a tainted meaningless title. To whomever wins, good luck with a pointless trinket that holds no weight what-so-ever.

Operation Retard not even nominated? Horseshit!

"Any time you agree with Krydor, you're wrong."

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Figure Foreskin

Posts 2651
Registered 5-4-2004
Location 5-4-2004

posted on 12-23-2005 at 09:01 AM Edit Post
I bet Jeb went to college. Just a theory I've been working on.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
metallikid
The Immortal One

Posts 4898
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Orlando, Florida

Mood: Super

posted on 12-23-2005 at 04:26 PM Edit Post
This award should go to Moose and not just as a result of OOWF. It seems like the OOWF has awoken something within Moose and now he is posting all day, everyday, in multiple threads, in every category across the board. I read insightful posts from Moose in Wrestling threads, Current Events threads, Sports threads, Music threads, Movie threads, and pointless threads. Most of his posts are more then a few lines and well thought out. Many of his posts I don’t agree with (mainly in Current Events & Sports) but they are still give valid arguments from his point of view and I enjoy reading them.

BTR is great and makes me laugh a lot, but I can remember more great posts that Moose posted this year and that is why he is getting my vote. The OOWF is just extra icing on the cake.

It's Great to be a Florida Gator!

Krydor
The Man

Posts 5425
Registered 10-28-2002
Location In

Mood: Going to Maiden

posted on 12-23-2005 at 04:27 PM Edit Post
Vote MHJ, he's my personal Jesus. I have no idea what that whole OOWF thing is about, so my vote is untainted by such things.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member   Krydor 's Aim   Krydor 's Yahoo
Operation Retard
Beats me, I'm gay!

Posts 3301
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood:

posted on 12-23-2005 at 04:39 PM Edit Post
BTR may be funny, but he'd have sex with any one of your sisters or mothers. how could anyone vote for such disrespectable behavior?

VOTE MOOSE!!!

borntorun
God of This World

Posts -8684
Registered 7-22-2003
Location Breathe

Mood: House, Monk-E

posted on 12-23-2005 at 07:06 PM Edit Post
I have cancer.

Fake McCoy Comics

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   borntorun 's Aim
borntorun
God of This World

Posts -8684
Registered 7-22-2003
Location Breathe

posted on 12-23-2005 at 08:11 PM Edit Post
Ass needles gave me Face AIDS.

Race for the cure! On your mark, get set, go!

Fake McCoy Comics

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   borntorun 's Aim
salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12821
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 12-23-2005 at 08:29 PM Edit Post
Cory has penis cancer.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
microplay_24
The Great One

Posts 3193
Registered 1-10-2004
Location Toronto, Ontario

Mood:

posted on 12-23-2005 at 09:11 PM Edit Post
Gonna have to go with Moose this year. He's helped make the OOWF what it is today, and in doing so, has made the BIY forum very active in the last year. Plus i enjoy his posts as well. So one for Moose here.

Microplay - first ever OOWF World Heavyweight Champion

Owner of The "Reggie IC" #002
2004 bOOardies - Breakthrough Poster of The Year

Figure Foreskin

Posts 2651
Registered 5-4-2004
Location 5-4-2004

posted on 12-23-2005 at 09:49 PM Edit Post
BREAKING NEWS~!

On Dec. 29 at midnight (eastern) Cory "borntorun" Harris will die of a combination of Penis cancer, ass polio, face AIDS, breastal parkinsen's, Lou Gherig's of the taint, nipple SARS and testicular glaucoma. His docters say the only thing that might save him is if he wins a Poster of the Year bOOardie. Vote for Cory. Save a life.

Or vote for Moose. I don't really give a shit. This whole award is a LIE!

Attitude Adjuster
Making Mods Submit Since March, 2007

Posts 2343
Registered 8-13-2003
Location Parts Unknown

Mood: y Jack Melendez

posted on 12-23-2005 at 09:53 PM Edit Post
I voted for Moose so Attitide Adjuster and Johnny Adrenaline can finally win the coveted OOWF tag team titles. I admit, I'm brown-nosing. In the OOWF, that works.

Remember this, Moose. And if I have to drag Tarheel Mike in here to vote for you, I'll do that, too.

So to recap: Vote Moose, give AA the tag titles.

Sting is the dumbest man in wrestling. That's a well established fact. I'd personally find it offensive and out of character if Sting didn't volunteer to do the stupid thing.
--Lucky Lopez

ArmyofOne
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1457
Registered 11-21-2002
Location Next to Trump's Wall

Mood: Fartz

posted on 12-23-2005 at 10:22 PM Edit Post
BTR has the support of the United States Army. DO YOU WANT TO BE A COMMUNIST OR A TERRORIST? VOTE BTR FOR POSTER ALLAH!

OO's Secretary of Defense

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   ArmyofOne 's Aim
microplay_24
The Great One

Posts 3193
Registered 1-10-2004

Mood:

posted on 12-23-2005 at 10:27 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Attitude Adjuster
I voted for Moose so Attitide Adjuster and Johnny Adrenaline can finally win the coveted OOWF tag team titles. I admit, I'm brown-nosing. In the OOWF, that works.

Remember this, Moose. And if I have to drag Tarheel Mike in here to vote for you, I'll do that, too.

So to recap: Vote Moose, give AA the tag titles.

And give Microplay a 3rd OOWF title run while your at it

outback jack
The Great One

Posts 3811
Registered 3-10-2003
Location not Australia

Mood: old

posted on 12-23-2005 at 11:30 PM Edit Post
Since Cory won't live to collect any awards, might as well vote for Moose. Unless he plans to let AA & THM win those tag belts, in which case I'd have to join the Draft Optard bandwagon. (Moose, please don't make me do that.)

FF, I think your theory about Jeb just might be correct.

markout
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1300
Registered 1-4-2002
Location Elsewhere

Mood: Zen-tastic

posted on 12-23-2005 at 11:43 PM Edit Post
I voted for moose because you can't spell mooseheadjack without OO.

Concordantly, you can't spell "pillow biter" without btr. Plus he won it last year.

Do NOT fuck with my chi.

microplay_24
The Great One

Posts 3193
Registered 1-10-2004

Mood:

posted on 12-24-2005 at 12:16 AM Edit Post
Ya...BTR did win this award last year, and i think it's time to crown someone new, and just as deserving this year. So go moose, and don't forget about that OOWF title heading this way...

After all, you've got my vote, and i expect the same in return as AA and Tarheel

borntorun
God of This World

Posts -8684
Registered 7-22-2003
Location Breathe

posted on 12-24-2005 at 02:13 AM Edit Post
My Make-A-Wish this year? No, not a boOardie. I want everyone to have a safe holiday season, and for my family to enjoy the last 6 or so days of my life. Yes, FigureForeskin, there is a Santa Claus.

*cough*

Fake McCoy Comics

TarheelMike
The Immortal One

Posts 4845
Registered 3-6-2003
Location DFW

Mood: Medium Rare

posted on 12-24-2005 at 02:46 AM Edit Post
Nope, ya'll aren't dragging me into this. I voted, but I refuse to say for whom. Choosing between MHJ and BTR is like picking among my children, if I had more than one. (Not that I am their daddy, cause it's probably the other way around.)

And about those tag titles, hell, I have enough influence on the booking team where I can probably get me and AA a title reign without having to kiss any ass here. Not that I did or did not... Both guys deserve it, I'll just leave it at that.

“Pinson, with five. Looks up, drivin’ in. Maye, for the win... NORTH CAROLINA!! With point three seconds to go! An incredible shot!” - Jim Nantz, calling Carolina’s South Regional Final victory over Kentucky.

“FBIGORJAHSJDHFJGOGPDJSHCH!!!!!” - Mikey, calling Carolina’s South Regional Final victory over Kentucky

Attitude Adjuster
Making Mods Submit Since March, 2007

Posts 2343
Registered 8-13-2003
Location Parts Unknown

Mood: y Jack Melendez

posted on 12-24-2005 at 03:43 AM Edit Post
You have influence?!?!??! Damn it, Mike, you don't tell me anything!! I guess that moose-size vibrator I purchased is of no use now.

Sting is the dumbest man in wrestling. That's a well established fact. I'd personally find it offensive and out of character if Sting didn't volunteer to do the stupid thing.
--Lucky Lopez

Figure Foreskin

Posts 2651
Registered 5-4-2004
Location 5-4-2004

posted on 12-25-2005 at 01:43 AM Edit Post
That's funny Alan. You're funny. I LOVE YOU MAN!

Now on another note- while you can save Cory by voting for him or save OOWF by voting for Jack, there is a third choice. Ladies and Gentlemen, don't vote. This horse manure, liar face, crap sandwich, OpTard excluding award means nothing and you will be much better rewarded in the afterlife if you don't vote.

Plus its currently 22-22. Isn't a tie much nicer? No losers, just like the special olympics.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top