The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Steve Austin's Stanged Walk Out
Ryan O Reily
Banned

Posts 613
Registered 1-11-2004

Mood:

posted on 7-2-2002 at 07:13 PM Edit Post
Steve Austin's Stanged Walk Out

this is WWE's Official Steve Austin Webpage

Exactly why if Steve Austin walked out would they go through all the trouble of designing his web page, still happily selling his products?
The Steve Austin bit must have been a work. Maybe this is the ultimate way of turning him heel. Remember when Bret and Owen where fueding he wasn't even allowed in the same car as Owen.
Of course if you read www.411wrestling.com you would have read that none of his co workers get their calls returned? Maybe thats what Vince wants. and exactly how the hell do they know that though? Look at it this way guys, when Hogan left last time they didn't mention anything on TV they didn;'t make a whole Confidential show out of it, and Shirts were ripped off the counter immediately. Steve Austin is right now the Number 2 best seller on Shopzone.com. only because that cheap ass $5.00 Hardy boy pendant is there and everyone already has a "What" shirt
Guys has WWE ever actually sdaid that Steve Austin was "FIRED" not at all in fact all they said was he was removed from the active roster. Lets see whom else is not on the active roster... Mick Foley was for quite some time as they had him be Commishioner, HBK has been since his accident, Shane and Stephanie are, Ric Flair is. The truth is, if WWE was still making money off of Steve Austin after Austin did walk out, wouldnt Austin be fighting this in court? I dont see why not other wresters would.

Puritan
And I am AWESOME

Posts 142
Registered 1-18-2002

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 7-2-2002 at 09:10 PM Edit Post
quote:

Look at it this way guys, when Hogan left last time they didn't mention anything on TV they didn;'t make a whole Confidential show out of it, and Shirts were ripped off the counter immediately.

Are you talking about 1993, when Hogan cleanly jobbed the title before he left, in an era where there was no internet for wrestling fans to speculate on and kayfabe was still the law of the land?

quote:

The truth is, if WWE was still making money off of Steve Austin after Austin did walk out, wouldnt Austin be fighting this in court? I dont see why not other wresters would.

I'm pretty sure that the WWE has the primary rights to all the merchandising from their characters, not the wrestlers themselves.

The WWE may still be trying to reach an agreement with Austin and not trying to burn all of their bridges. If Austin ever does return, I'm sure this will all be turned into an angle. That doesn't mean that this wasn't a shoot when it happened though...

Kneecaps
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 87
Registered 1-4-2002

posted on 7-3-2002 at 03:29 PM Edit Post
Um, that site has been around for at least a year or two. They just haven't gotten around to taking it down. What's so hard to understand about that?
Denethor
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1661
Registered 3-27-2002

Mood: Meh

posted on 7-3-2002 at 03:54 PM Edit Post
What would austin be fighting in court? he's the one who is in breach of contract, so i don't think he would have too much leverage in the courtroom, lest he wants to hand out a couple of stunners to the bailiffs and wwe attornies...
HulkRulez
Man of a Thousand Holds

Mood:

posted on 7-3-2002 at 05:21 PM Edit Post
I am still trying to figure out what a stanged walk out is
Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12571
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 7-3-2002 at 06:28 PM Edit Post
Hey man, just because Austin's gone doesn't mean Vince will hesitate to make money off of him. If Austin's stuff is still selling, than heed my words, they will still sell it. Much the same, if there was a sudden outcry for whatever old Bret Hart merchandise was left, you can bet your last jelly doughnut that they'd dust it off, put it up on shopzone.com, and sell it. Vince wants to make money, and he doesn't care if he's making a dollar in the name of current employees or ex-employees.
Ryan O Reily
Banned

Posts 613
Registered 1-11-2004

Mood:

posted on 7-3-2002 at 11:12 PM Edit Post
That is actually a typo, you see some of us dont dedicate ourselves to perfect typing on the internet, I tried to edit it but the forum dont work. everyone else was able to make the connection as to what I meant though, but then again some people take more time then others it's okay Hulk theres special schools for your special needs

Captian Mayhem
Banned

Posts 73
Registered 9-2-2003

Mood: POOP

posted on 7-3-2002 at 11:15 PM Edit Post
Message to Hulkrulz, there is a school for your special needs, its called kindergarden
#tcb
Banned

Posts 330
Registered 1-14-2002

posted on 7-5-2002 at 04:59 AM Edit Post
I understood what Ryan meant. I don't know if it was staged or not, although some have already called Austin the Bret Hart of '02. Should have JOBBED when told.
Denethor
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1661
Registered 3-27-2002

Mood: Meh

posted on 7-5-2002 at 03:36 PM Edit Post
From Ryan:
"That is actually a typo, you see some of us dont dedicate ourselves to perfect typing on the internet, I tried to edit it but the forum dont work. everyone else was able to make the connection BLAHBLAHBLAH"

Hey dude, don't lash out at others for knowing how to spell. I had no idea what you were talkin about either. hooked on phonics can work for you, too.

mcian
Banned

Posts 744
Registered 4-30-2002

Mood: Tactless

posted on 7-5-2002 at 05:04 PM Edit Post
Austin

This is another case of a wrestlers ego getting to big. Austin thought that he was such hot shit and pissed about the diretion of his character (may a whole gimmick centred around a talking watch and the word what?) was not the best idea.

So he wrestled Hall at WM18 - big deal. What does Austin expect to headline WM every year?

I doubt that this is a work and that Austin will be coming back anytime soon. He walked out on his contract and I doubt if Vince would welcome him back with open arms right away if Austin wanted to come back.
It puts the WWE in a real bind when a big wrestler does not show up and does not give a reason. Austin is like the other WWE superstars that got huge heads and started to believe thier own hype.

Screw him, Raw is better without him.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Ryan O Reily
Banned

Posts 613
Registered 1-11-2004

Mood:

posted on 7-5-2002 at 10:54 PM Edit Post
Denethor you cant even keep up with Sesame Street

NNCW Paul Douglas
Showstopper

Posts 575
Registered 1-28-2002
Location The Hallway

Mood:

posted on 7-7-2002 at 12:00 AM Edit Post
I want my two cents in here too...
I say it's a work. The biggest, most recent reason is the Vengance commercials playing. It's all about Austin and how he's going to reap his vengance on everyone in the WWE. Now, if this wasn't a work, wouldn't WWE have at least tried to pull the commercial from the market? Austin walking out the Monday after Vince said that big things were going to start fo r WWE that Monday. The walk out itself being made extremely public... it's a little too convienient if you ask me.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   NNCW+Paul+Douglas 's Aim   NNCW+Paul+Douglas 's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger   NNCW+Paul+Douglas 's Yahoo

New Topic New Poll

go to top