The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: RAW 11-07
fsolomon75
American Dream

Posts 8481
Registered 1-25-2002
Location SoCal

Mood: WILLIE~!

posted on 11-8-2005 at 08:28 PM Edit Post
bfg - you forgot to take away Masters as well. I'm still in shock he's main-eventing Raw. Seriously, when he shows up, not only does he take away the sizzle, he takes away the life from the show. It just stops dead in its tracks and stumbles to the finish line at 8:06.

Teh wisdom of MooseheadJack: "tpyos are not going to ruin my day today" and "the only thing carved in stone for the Mets is the look on willie's face"

The 2007 Post Of The Year

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

Mood: Cock-sure

posted on 11-8-2005 at 08:29 PM Edit Post
You're giving up just like that?!

Figures.

I always knew the Welsh were a spineless lot.

Who wants soup?

Dead Snoopy
Showstopper

Posts 757
Registered 1-25-2003
Location canada

Mood: Conscious

posted on 11-8-2005 at 08:30 PM Edit Post
Braveheart wouldn't have given up like that. Go watch Braveheart.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   Dead+Snoopy 's ICQ status
Firebreaker Chip
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1396
Registered 1-21-2004
Location Shangri-La

Mood: Wolveriffic

posted on 11-8-2005 at 08:33 PM Edit Post
Braveheart is Scottish, dude.

Riding Space Mountain: Pro Wrestling & Occasionally More Blog

fsolomon75
American Dream

Posts 8481
Registered 1-25-2002
Location SoCal

posted on 11-8-2005 at 08:33 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Giggles
At the risk of being flamed, I can't really say who told me. Well, i could, but I dont want to.

The 'affair' news was told to me by a wrestler who heard it from (I believe) Scott Damore. The 'baby' news came from a famous wrestler who worked for everyone (and is a former world champion). He told me over lunch and said it was 'common knowledge' among the boys, caused a lot of heat, got Angle moved to RAW and Dawn canned.
You're going to get flamed, source or no source. You might as well give us a bit more info to get some credibility on the allegation.

Teh wisdom of MooseheadJack: "tpyos are not going to ruin my day today" and "the only thing carved in stone for the Mets is the look on willie's face"

mooseheadjack

Posts 10512
Registered 5-13-2002
Location over here

Mood: plotting evil

posted on 11-8-2005 at 08:47 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vince Sucks
I am sorry if I offended anyone with my genuine opinions. I just know that the promoters are supposed to listen to their fans, and if enough of them are vocal about a problem, usually things happen. That at least the way things happen where I come from.

But for now, I think I will shut up. Apologies to all who I pissed off, especially the moderators.

Cheerio.

Come on guys, at least the guy apologized, most of the bOOardtards that start out on the wrong foot don't even do that, they take the next step and become complete tools and get banned.

And Vince, it's not that we don't agree with your opinions, you make some good points, but being caustic and calling out fellow board members is not the way to get ahead. I think we can all agree that RAW is lacking in a lot of ways, but you seem to turn every single post into an anti-Vince rant. Relax a little

My personal fuck-off list: 1. Tony Romo 2. Eli Manning 3. The New York Yankees 4. LeBron James 5. Kobe Bryant 6. SEC Fans 7. The SEC 8. the Political Right 9. religion 10. Almost everything the WWE does

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   mooseheadjack 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
Drk_Nte
Turd Generation Superstar

Posts 22
Registered 5-10-2005

Mood:

posted on 11-8-2005 at 08:58 PM Edit Post
I was at least entertained last night. No 30 minute skit with no point always makes me happy. It felt like Raw was a step better than it has been. Granted that's not saying much seeing as they were on the floor and have moved up one step of a 20 ft ladder, but it is a move in the right direction.

The second hour lagged a little bit for my taste. Either that or I was just tired... Regardless I missed the end of the main event. How did it end? From the previous posts I gather it was a smooze end but any details? Forget to setup the DVR.

birdyman47
Showstopper

Posts 523
Registered 12-27-2004
Location No longer babysitting criminals

Mood:

posted on 11-8-2005 at 09:06 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by fsolomon75 You're going to get flamed, source or no source. You might as well give us a bit more info to get some credibility on the allegation.

i gotta agree with FSol here......unless you've got a link I'm completely blowing that scenario off....honestly rumors like that suck and feed off the worst parts off the internet because all they do is trash the reputations of wrestlers

[Edited on 11-8-2005 by birdyman47]

Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

Trickstar
Showstopper

Posts 829
Registered 2-11-2004

Mood: I must break u

posted on 11-8-2005 at 09:13 PM Edit Post
They brought out DAIVARI!!! And the music!

Shelton wrestles on RAW! Is Hell freezing over? What's going on? He loses to Carlito yet again but he at least made his way back on Raw.

Greg Helms now looks like an untanned Muhammad Hassan. Greg should consider adding the letters "ley" to his last name. Watch him break that glass ceiling then.

Styles and Coach would work for me. Push Lawler out.

You know you've been disrespected when, of all people, Eric Bischoff rejects your offer and calls you a slut. That's rock bottom bad.

Knockout by magic wand. Creative. Magic wands, Candice Michelle's pants. Hmmm...?

Why was Big Show acting like an idiot backstage with Kane? He came off retarded. Liked the shirt, though.

Wasn't Edge supposed to be injured? Or will Batista "injure" him this Friday? So much interaction between Raw and Smackdown this year, the champs switching shows, mix matching so many wrestlers from one show to another that they don't feel so separate to me anymore.

Edit: Birdyman47, I've been meaning to tell you this for a while now but never did.

Second. Best. Avatar. EVAR! (Gotta place you second because Alana will perpetually have first place.)

[Edited on 11-8-2005 by Trickstar]

"Is Kurt really hoping that he'll get her to cheat and not have to worry about alimony?" - mrschutte

birdyman47
Showstopper

Posts 523
Registered 12-27-2004
Location No longer babysitting criminals

Mood:

posted on 11-8-2005 at 09:28 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trickstar

Edit: Birdyman47, I've been meaning to tell you this for a while now but never did.

Second. Best. Avatar. EVAR! (Gotta place you second because Alana will perpetually have first place.)

[Edited on 11-8-2005 by Trickstar]

Thanks much.....I have no problem being second to Alana's....or TheRick's for that matter.....Glad you like it.

Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

Mood: Cock-sure

posted on 11-8-2005 at 09:46 PM Edit Post
Apologies are for housewives and little girls.

Who wants soup?

Jodrell
Samoa who???

Posts 407
Registered 7-29-2002
Location Cambridge, UK

Mood: Booyakasha!!

posted on 11-8-2005 at 09:47 PM Edit Post
I could stand the three man table for a few weeks so long as Coach keeps making jabs at Styles about being a temp, Styles keeps dropping lines about how piss poor Coach is on play-by-play and what a suck up he is and then when it deterioriates into violance Styles should bust out some good old ECW muscle to sort Coach out at Survivor series - maybe Taz??

Although the thought of having an announcer fight as well as a GM fight seems like a bit os a waste of PPV time so maybe have it as more of skit running through the show???

http://www.smufflersworld.com - interestingly useless crap on tap 24/7

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Jodrell 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
ModSquad
Hello, future girlfriend

Posts 3472
Registered 1-30-2003

Mood: Trumpy

posted on 11-8-2005 at 09:49 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dead Snoopy
Braveheart wouldn't have given up like that. Go watch Braveheart.

Did BRAVEHEART give up? Did PAYBACK give up?

"The moment that The Rick tells me that I am in the wrong then I will stop. And since I have 10 years of reading his work under my belt I feel fairly confident that he won't since he is a proponent of thinking differently. Save the threats."

GimmickMan
The Rowdy One

Posts 2476
Registered 8-14-2003
Location Republic of Woodhaven

Mood: FELLA!

posted on 11-9-2005 at 12:58 AM Edit Post
I was also at RAW last night and I really liked the show.

Concrete, I saw you and your sign by the ramp.

I think the WWE Unlimited thing keeps the live crowd into the show during the commercials. I really liked it a lot.

And my section was fired up in HUGE Cena Sucks chants. But, after review of my DVD, it was during the commercial. We were hating on that jackass, no doubt. We were also cheering heavily for Angle. There was a bigger Cena Sucks chant from the back, but it never made it forward.

And Oh. My. Fucking. God. The girlish screams for Cena are unbearable. And Masters is getting them, too! Unbelievable. The guy is shown on the screen, girly screams. Music starts up, girly screams. He comes out, holy crapola girly screams. And all the Angle "You Suck" chants had a girlish sound. It was sickening.

Overall, a cool show and I'm glad I went down there.

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

Fandom
Fella

Posts 298
Registered 7-16-2005

Mood: Sick. Very sick

posted on 11-9-2005 at 01:27 AM Edit Post
Amazing... the last 45 minutes of the show was pretty much dedicated to making sure people wouldn't boo Cena.

So much for the WWE actually caring what the people want. If you have to force feed a reaction to people, then you are asking for the wrong reaction from the crowd.

Good to see Davari back. Hopefully he'll just take the Hassan ball and roll with it. Keep spouting the slightly skewed but actual truth and I'll keep cheering for him. Terrorist cells and the like and it will blow...

bssc81
rOOkie

Posts 43
Registered 11-2-2005

Mood: extra snarky

posted on 11-9-2005 at 01:30 AM Edit Post
announce booth

Am I the only one who isn't a fan of Styles' over the top announcing style? I was never an "ECW guy" so his presence doesn't really strike a chord with me. In general, I don't feel it is very believable to have an ECW guy/internet reporter crying foul that Daivari is cheating. Jim Ross, on the other hand, a "good ol' boy", made that type of call very believable.

In general, I just don't feel Styles is anywhere near where Ross was. In addition, the 3 man booth they have now is brutal. King has no role (he wants to be a heel but has to disagree with Coach sometimes), and Coach's uber-heelishness is at that point where it adds no value.

Dead Snoopy
Showstopper

Posts 757
Registered 1-25-2003
Location canada

posted on 11-9-2005 at 02:00 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by ModSquad
Did BRAVEHEART give up? Did PAYBACK give up?

NEVER.

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!

(yeah - I know Braveheart was Scottish - so what? Take a page from William Wallace's book)

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   Dead+Snoopy 's ICQ status
fsolomon75
American Dream

Posts 8481
Registered 1-25-2002
Location SoCal

posted on 11-9-2005 at 02:37 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by GimmickManAnd Oh. My. Fucking. God. The girlish screams for Cena are unbearable.
I totally agree. It's one thing to hear them on tv, it's totally another thing to hear them live, like I did last Tuesday. I just shake my head and hope the boos drown out the squeals.

Figure Foreskin
Prefers punkerhardcore Penis

Posts 2651
Registered 5-4-2004
Location 5-4-2004

Mood: Paper > Rock

posted on 11-9-2005 at 10:30 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Giggles
At the risk of being flamed, I can't really say who told me. Well, i could, but I dont want to.

The 'affair' news was told to me by a wrestler who heard it from (I believe) Scott Damore. The 'baby' news came from a famous wrestler who worked for everyone (and is a former world champion). He told me over lunch and said it was 'common knowledge' among the boys, caused a lot of heat, got Angle moved to RAW and Dawn canned.

Just ask D'Lo. He'll tell you.

"Any time you agree with Krydor, you're wrong."

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
The Bad Guy
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1280
Registered 10-27-2002

Mood: About to change

posted on 11-9-2005 at 11:06 AM Edit Post
Did anyone else notice that Big Show doesn't even know what title he holds? He said he and Kane were WWE Tag Team Champions, when clearly they are the World Tag Team Champions! Hah!

Yeah, who cares. Didn't ruin the show or anything. Just something I noticed, so I had to share it, so I did.

Blown Spot
The Rowdy One

Posts 2399
Registered 1-22-2003
Location Silver Spring, MD

Mood: Mauve

posted on 11-9-2005 at 02:34 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dead Snoopy

NEVER.

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!

(yeah - I know Braveheart was Scottish - so what? Take a page from William Wallace's book)

Yeah but was THE PASSION Scottish? I know BIRD ON A WIRE wasn't.

ModPrime you kill me.

"I like to drink wine more than I used to... anyway I'm drinking more."

"John Cena is poopy." - CM Punk to 6 year old kid on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

"What I said was deliberately untrue. However, that does not make it a lie. It's what we call in sophisticated debate terms a "implyo-obliqué-prevariclative," which is a statement that deliberately runs counter to the truth and is not factually supported — which is totally different from a lie..."

Dead Snoopy
Showstopper

Posts 757
Registered 1-25-2003
Location canada

posted on 11-9-2005 at 06:45 PM Edit Post
Styles' line of the night: during The Masterlock's entrance he's told he has to speak in hushed tones, to which Styles says he couldn't commentate golf- "You can't say 'oh my God' quietly."
ConcreteTG
The Great One

Posts 3613
Registered 10-6-2002
Location sitting on a guardrail

Mood: Heroic

posted on 11-9-2005 at 11:19 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by GimmickMan
I was also at RAW last night and I really liked the show.

Awesome - where were you sitting? Two of my buddies were in the lower level, holding "Sign" and "CounterSign".

I saw the request for pics (you two, PantsMan).... I'll have those up either later tonight or tomorrow night.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   ConcreteTG 's Aim
hiflyer
Banned

Posts 7
Registered 11-10-2005

Mood: delighted

posted on 11-11-2005 at 08:27 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Is Good517
quote:
Originally posted by Vince Sucks
I don't know why you people always pick on me. I just came to this site because there aren't any decent wrestling message boards in my native Wales.

Nobody is singling you out to pick on you. The majority of the people on this board like to focus on what they liked about the show and try to forget about the shit, because as fans we understand that the show can't and won't ever be perfect week in and week out. RAW is always going to have its rough patches, most of us choose instead to celebrate what is working as opposed to what isn't.

So when you come in flapping your gums about how RAW was the shittiest shit since shit came to shitville, you make yourself look like a negative fuck that none of us wants a part of. Look at your damn handle, dude- Vince Sucks? That just screams "I'm a positive person". Actually, it doesn't. I feel the need to point out to you that I was using sarcasm there because I question your ability to realize that of your own accord.

If you hate WWE, and you hate Vince McMahon, and you hate everything ABOUT WWE, don't watch. Nobody's holding a gun to your head. Especially these days; TNA is a viable alternative to WWE and ROH dvds aren't THAT expensive. There's other shit out there to watch if you can't live without wrestling; but if all you're going to do is shit all over the WWE product, yet you feel obligated to watch week in and week out, you make yourself look like a smarmy know-it-all chump, and we are all going to pick on you because we think you're an idiot.

quote:
Anyways, I agree with everyone here: the biggest problem with Raw is that no one cares about wrestling anymore. Where are your future Arn Andersen's, your Tully Blanchard's, your Ted DiBiase's?

First of all, we shouldn't be looking for the next Arn Anderson, the next Tully Blanchard, or the next Ted DiBiase. They're the past, this is the future. Instead of looking for the "next so-and-so" we need to be watching for (and supporting when we find them) the first Shelton Benjamin, the first Greg Helms, the first CM Punk, and so on.

And don't try to tell me that nobody on RAW cares about wrestling. I hope Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, and Ric Flair find you out in public and show you how much they don't care about wrestling. Those guys (and several others) bust their asses every week, who the fuck are you to say they don't care about wrestling?

They care a hell of a lot more than you do, obviously.

Amen to that brother. It's refreshing to visit a website that attempts to look for the good things about WWE instead of trashing it. It sure does make the Internet a more pleasant place now doesn't it? It's time for the cynical garbage on the net to stop. If you've visited sites like pwtorch.com, pwinsider.com, fanboyplanet.com, and wrestlepalooza.com you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

BTW Chris Is Good517, if you liked destroying Vince Sucks, then I invite you to check out the owner of wrestlepalooza.com, Shawn Valloric. All that imbecile ever does is trash WWE on a daily basis. That prick is the Osama Bin Laden of the IWC (he hates WWE so much that he thinks that all WWE fans should be killed). You should have a field day with that jackass.

Brock Lesnar sucks the meat missile.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top