The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Wedding Scene On Raw
The doughboy
Fella

Posts 400
Registered 2-19-2004
Location Mtl Canada

Mood: Born Ready

posted on 6-21-2005 at 02:13 AM Edit Post
Wedding Scene On Raw

The scene on Raw had to be the biggest IPT moment of the year. Matt Hardy must have gone Ape when they played his theme song during the service....
Columbo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1012
Registered 11-2-2004
Location @columbo527

Mood: GodDamnWOOO

posted on 6-21-2005 at 03:13 AM Edit Post
Yeah that was pretty much the most fucked up joke the E has ever pulled off........Bravo good sirs.

"The North Cafeteria, named after Admiral William North, is located in the western portion of East Hall, gateway to the western half of North Hall, which is named, not after William North, but for its position above the South Wall. It is the most contested and confusing battlefield on Greendale’s campus, next to the English Memorial Spanish Center, named after English Memorial, a Portuguese sailor that discovered Greendale while looking for a fountain that cured syphilis."

mattsledge
And I am AWESOME

Posts 122
Registered 7-22-2002
Location Cincinnati, Ohio 45255

Mood:

posted on 6-21-2005 at 03:21 AM Edit Post
IPT?

And you can bet you-know-who will complain to high heaven about this. Maybe if he had just kept his mouth shut then there might not have been this problem.

edited becuz eye kant spel.

[Edited on 6-21-2005 by mattsledge]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   mattsledge 's Aim   mattsledge 's Yahoo
whyme
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1039
Registered 2-4-2003
Location in my house

Mood: Minty Fresh

posted on 6-21-2005 at 03:29 AM Edit Post
it was so damn low that it was awesome!

i highly enjoyed it and you just knew that keyboards around the world were typing as soon as that happened. haha

Two Penguins sitting in a bathtub, one says pass the radio.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7440
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 6-21-2005 at 03:38 AM Edit Post
I knew it was a setup, but it was still the funniest thing the WWE has intentionally done in the past three years.
Trickstar
Showstopper

Posts 829
Registered 2-11-2004

Mood: I must break u

posted on 6-21-2005 at 03:43 AM Edit Post
What the hell is an IPT??? Help me out here.

"Is Kurt really hoping that he'll get her to cheat and not have to worry about alimony?" - mrschutte

folby
The Great One

Posts 3399
Registered 9-11-2003
Location schmocation

Mood:

posted on 6-21-2005 at 03:45 AM Edit Post
It was quite a scene allright.

folby has attached this image:
Image could not be shown

Things I have written recently
3/24: On Sandwiches: The Beef on Weck
3/16: The Rage Against The Machine School of Continuing Education
3/15: On Sandwiches Presents: The Best Possible Sandwich Chain

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   folby 's Aim
Laner
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1835
Registered 1-8-2002
Location Uptown

Mood:

posted on 6-21-2005 at 04:00 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trickstar
What the hell is an IPT??? Help me out here.

Beats me... maybe this page has the answer:

http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=IPT&Find=Find

microplay_24
The Great One

Posts 3193
Registered 1-10-2004
Location Toronto, Ontario

Mood:

posted on 6-21-2005 at 04:04 AM Edit Post
Geez...WWE just continues to shove these issues right down Matt's throat. Honestly, i wouldn't be surprised if Hardy attempted an assault on Vince, Lita and Edge altogether...just low.

Microplay - first ever OOWF World Heavyweight Champion

Owner of The "Reggie IC" #002
2004 bOOardies - Breakthrough Poster of The Year

dragonmak
Showstopper

Posts 966
Registered 4-1-2002

Mood: WoW

posted on 6-21-2005 at 04:11 AM Edit Post
It was pretty fucked up when they did that - Matt could have really made tonight's skit worth something.

I'd give up seeing Kane have trouble getting out from under the ring, Snitzky's poem, Lita being proud to being a "slut", and the preacher getting tombstoned for the Return of "Mattitude".

And also, where in the hell was Trish?

The "E" don't get it.

TBA

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
folby
The Great One

Posts 3399
Registered 9-11-2003
Location schmocation

Mood:

posted on 6-21-2005 at 04:15 AM Edit Post
Fuck that. Matt Hardy wanted to air the issue in public, the WWE is just following suit. It's not like Matt is handling the issue in a mature and tasteful manner.

Things I have written recently
3/24: On Sandwiches: The Beef on Weck
3/16: The Rage Against The Machine School of Continuing Education
3/15: On Sandwiches Presents: The Best Possible Sandwich Chain

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   folby 's Aim
masterofpigeons
And I am AWESOME

Posts 130
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Montreal

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 6-21-2005 at 04:17 AM Edit Post
although I don't know for sure, I'm gonna go out on a limb and venture a guess that "IPT" means "In Poor Taste".
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member   masterofpigeons 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
microplay_24
The Great One

Posts 3193
Registered 1-10-2004
Location Toronto, Ontario

Mood:

posted on 6-21-2005 at 04:20 AM Edit Post
Right, but intentionally rubbing issues at hand right in Matt's face is just a distasteful act by the WWE... and really, the worst part of it all is the fact that Matt can't do anything about it.

Microplay - first ever OOWF World Heavyweight Champion

Owner of The "Reggie IC" #002
2004 bOOardies - Breakthrough Poster of The Year

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7440
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 6-21-2005 at 04:24 AM Edit Post
Well, if anything, Hardy can be proud of the fact that his reaction was huge for a bit, and when he didn't come out, people hated it. Only problem is I'm sure the WWE knows that if they brought him back, the applause would only last for so long.

And that picture of Snitsky? If there's any justification for keeping him on the roster, that's it right there. How can you not love him?!

fsolomon75
American Dream

Posts 8481
Registered 1-25-2002
Location SoCal

Mood: WILLIE~!

posted on 6-21-2005 at 04:50 AM Edit Post
In poor taste? Not really, since this is a company that has featured corpse-fucking and the birth of a hand. More like just another horrible angle for Kane, whether it's electrocuting Shane's balls or setting JR on fire, poor Glen Jacobs can't get a decent story.

I'll agree that Hardy should not have gone public like he did but that doesn't make it right for the E to do what they've done. Fine, we get it, you're making a work of the affair...is it too much to at least make it somewhat entertaining?

Teh wisdom of MooseheadJack: "tpyos are not going to ruin my day today" and "the only thing carved in stone for the Mets is the look on willie's face"

The 2007 Post Of The Year

ConcreteTG
The Great One

Posts 3613
Registered 10-6-2002
Location sitting on a guardrail

Mood: Heroic

posted on 6-21-2005 at 05:07 AM Edit Post
I heard it from two different sides while watching this segment.

One person IMs me complaining about playing the Matt video. They really got me, cause I had heard the vague rumor that Matt HAD talked to vince.... but he did not come out. Apparently, Matt's forum crashed when the music hit.

Another IMs me bitching about Kane making the priest take the Lord's name in vain, then about Kane tombstoning the priest. Having gone to catholic school for a time make this all the more amusing to me.

If anything offended me, it was Snitsky's Vogon poetry and how Lita was proud to be a slut. I knew the segment was going to be a trainwreck, and Lita and Snitsky helped that along quite well.

I need a still of Edge in that pimpin outfit. That I could happily hang on my wall.

Was the segment offensive? Apparently if I had to calm some people down over it. Matt fans will be furious about this, of course. I walked into this segment expecting crap and boy did I get it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   ConcreteTG 's Aim
bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7897
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 6-21-2005 at 06:22 AM Edit Post
The segment needed MORE TRISH!!! It also needed less double sided tape while we're on that subject.

As for the Matt Hardy thing...that was freaking funny and made Edge look like a dick. That's what got him to the dance with Christian, and it's what he needs to do more to stay on his game.

Toffile
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1241
Registered 4-27-2004
Location Cow Country

Mood: Football

posted on 6-21-2005 at 10:38 AM Edit Post
I'll admite I was fooled.

I think it was because I was waiting for Kane, and I was not expecting a Matt run in.

I wonder what you call destroying relationships, after the bridge is burned. Killing the engineers?

nilesanderson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1643
Registered 5-2-2003
Location Halifax, Nova Scotia

Mood: Superior

posted on 6-21-2005 at 11:57 AM Edit Post
You know, I was pissed because I genuinely wanted him to come out. Forget the drama, I love Mattitude. But I must ask, would the WWE do something like this if they weren't considering resigning the guy? I mean, hasn't Edge said that he and Matt are talking again? Didn't I hear that Matt and Lita are working things out?

The only thing that annoys me about this situation is that if he comes out, I don't think the pop will be as big because of this 'prank'. That said, it's all cool, I'm still waiting for his return.

Canadian Chris
And I am AWESOME

Posts 215
Registered 4-9-2005
Location The Canadian Prairies

Mood:

posted on 6-21-2005 at 01:16 PM Edit Post
The fact of the matter is that the Hardy entrance music and video got the desired reaction from the crowd, the tv audience and even all the IWC for a change. The E pulled one on us - good for them. It made me angry, got my hopes up and made me in a markish sort of way hate edge even more (even though on a higher sort of intellectual level he's one of my favs).

I think that the E did good on this night. And although Vince can be a dick, I have trouble believing that they pulled something like this without first consulting Matt. Even if he's not coming back - he knew about this before it happened I'm sure.

Cars and trucks bad... Car robots.. WORSE!!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
GatorBait
CancerBait

Posts 4469
Registered 10-22-2004

Mood: OH FUCK YEAH!!!

posted on 6-21-2005 at 01:42 PM Edit Post
Snitsky needs to make that his PERMANENT ring attire!

and his poem was a thousand times better than anything Heidensuck produces...

The doughboy
Fella

Posts 400
Registered 2-19-2004
Location Mtl Canada

Mood: Born Ready

posted on 6-21-2005 at 01:47 PM Edit Post
At least they did not have a Mini Matt come running down to the ring .....like the Monday night after the Montreal Survivor series where a mini Brett came out and got squashed by HBK
ConcreteTG
The Great One

Posts 3613
Registered 10-6-2002
Location sitting on a guardrail

Mood: Heroic

posted on 6-21-2005 at 03:08 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by GatorBait
Snitsky needs to make that his PERMANENT ring attire!

and his poem was a thousand times better than anything Heidensuck produces...

But he and Heidenpsycho are the ULTIMATE TAG TEAM!

Punch and Poe

(runs)

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   ConcreteTG 's Aim
mooseheadjack

Posts 10512
Registered 5-13-2002
Location over here

Mood: plotting evil

posted on 6-21-2005 at 03:17 PM Edit Post
Isn't it a universal wrestling law that Weddings in wrestling = the suck and most godawful, makes you embarrassed to be a wrestling fan, hope no one sees you watching this shit, if only I could turn away before this burns into my brain, I'd rather have flaming hot pokers rammed under my fingernails than watch one more second of this travishamockery?

My personal fuck-off list: 1. Tony Romo 2. Eli Manning 3. The New York Yankees 4. LeBron James 5. Kobe Bryant 6. SEC Fans 7. The SEC 8. the Political Right 9. religion 10. Almost everything the WWE does

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   mooseheadjack 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
blackdragon
The Great One

Posts 3578
Registered 11-9-2003
Location United States

Mood: Nostalgic

posted on 6-21-2005 at 03:31 PM Edit Post
Dare I say that the Bischoff/Angle Not-So-Sweaty-Man Love was more emotionally engaging than the wedding?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top