The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Face and Heels: A score to settle.
George Banks
And I am AWESOME

Posts 110
Registered 12-31-2004

Mood: slendid

posted on 6-21-2005 at 12:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ok - I just got done emailing Mod and I might as well say it in here too.

First thing's first: I am NOT Parvini.

I am at the same college with him in Oxford and he introduced me to this site. Modsquad got confused I think because we are on a LAN network using a computer lab, the IP Addresses are similar or identical I think. You can see me standing right next to Neema (Parvini) in fact on the college website - my real name is Chris Adams.

I know he has a bad rep here but you've got to understand that alot of what Parvini says is tounge-in-cheek. Those photos from our matriculation day for example, we were just messing about - being ironic. I suppose you'd have to know what he's like to 'get it'. But the pose is self-aware, it's obiviously absurd. When the guy above put his photo next to a statue of a dictator he failed to realise that one was a parody or mockery of the other - obviously feigned grandeur if you want. Pretty English humour really, Monty Python sort of stuff.

I only really come here to talk about wrestling so I don't want to get involved in the politcs of it all. Neema doesn't really watch wrestling anymore nor does he seem all that interested - I think he was never what I'd call a real wrestling fan (I'm from New York originally, so that helps). He likes to stir up mischeif at times so maybe that's why he started this thread. But outside the world of OO he is a good guy. Somebody else here got it right - he mentioned to me before about being a 'heel' in these parts and I think that's the part he plays when he comes here.

Anyway, just thought I'd clear the air a bit.

I don't want any hard feelings.

On another subject: does anyone know why my number of posts was cut to like 10? I was almost at a 100.

PS. Would it be possible for you guys not to link to the Oriel website above?

PPS. Ria is Parvini's girlfriend and she's lovely. I don't know her too well(she doesn't study in Oxford) but they have been together since school - 6 years or something.

PPPS. I wouldn't mind not being called "Idiot of the Year".

[Edited on 6-21-2005 by George Banks]

"Tradition, discipline and rules must be the tools - without them, disorder, moral disintigration, in spite we have a ghastly mess"

folby
The Great One

Posts 3399
Registered 9-11-2003
Location schmocation

Mood:

posted on 6-21-2005 at 01:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Good try, champ. Good try.

Things I have written recently
3/24: On Sandwiches: The Beef on Weck
3/16: The Rage Against The Machine School of Continuing Education
3/15: On Sandwiches Presents: The Best Possible Sandwich Chain

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   folby 's Aim
borntorun
God of This World

Posts -8684
Registered 7-22-2003
Location Breathe

Mood: House, Monk-E

posted on 6-21-2005 at 01:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wait...are you "The Gentleman" Chris Adams?

If you are, Superkick Parvini to clear your name.

Fake McCoy Comics

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   borntorun 's Aim
George Banks
And I am AWESOME

Posts 110
Registered 12-31-2004

Mood: slendid

posted on 6-21-2005 at 01:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
LMAO - I used to get called that at school! I never saw "The Gentleman" Chris Adams but he was known in my area (Long Island - near Scranton) as a good wrestler.

Anyone got any info./pics of him?

"Tradition, discipline and rules must be the tools - without them, disorder, moral disintigration, in spite we have a ghastly mess"

doublee
The Immortal One

Posts 4014
Registered 2-9-2003
Location Raleigh, NC

Mood: Mr. Jiggy-Fly

posted on 6-21-2005 at 01:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
PPPPS. Nobody gives a shit.

<-- If 'ya ain't down with that Bart's got two words for 'ya...

http://www.myspace.com/doubleenc
Doublee's Sports Blog

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   doublee 's Yahoo
ModSquad
Hello, future girlfriend

Posts 3472
Registered 1-30-2003

Mood: Trumpy

posted on 6-21-2005 at 02:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Banks
I am at the same college with him in Oxford and he introduced me to this site. Modsquad got confused I think because we are on a LAN network using a computer lab, the IP Addresses are similar or identical I think. You can see me standing right next to Neema (Parvini) in fact on the college website - my real name is Chris Adams.

Yep you got that LAN thing going on. You also both seem to have:
-- an nearly identical IP address when you're NOT at school
-- a weird Ted Dibiase thing
-- no interest in Current Events, Sports, Computers, Movies, TV and Books, or the Parts Unknown forums (except for the 6 Degrees of Federation thread). you and Parvini both stuck to the same 3 forums and 1 thread.
-- a thing about how faces and heels "work" in wrestling in a theoretical way
-- a love of the guy from Mary Poppins. I'm not saying anything about your manhood, but you and Parvini are the only two men I've heard of still talking about Mary Poppins in college. He's got the picture of the guy on his site. You've got it as an avatar.

I'm not the only one who noticed it. I got U2Us from posters pointing out the many similarities. Microplay was one. Can't remember who else.

My point is, you can imagine all the excuses people come up with for why they have nearly identical IP addresses as an old board member --- but still aren't that other guy. "That was my roommate." "That was my younger brother fucking around on my account." Or, "My friend saw it was in my bookmarks and registered this name to mess with me." "It's the LAN network at school." "I just changed ISPs and got this IP address. I must have gotten the IP address of someone who got banned there before." "It's the LAN network at work. One of my coworkers is an asshole who hates OO, but I love you guys."

Maybe the simplest explanation is that you really ARE two different people who just seem exactly the same and have almost the same IP profiles. But I've heard a lot of screwball explanations, and up till now all of them have been total bullshit. Or maybe the simplest explanation is that when posting as ParviniReturns, you just went to someone else's dorm room or used a library or computer lab PC. We've had plenty of people post from colleges and universities, in the U.S. and England. It's not anything new. Maybe when you got called on your identity, you claimed to be a friend whose pictures you had on your college student webpage. "I can't be him because I'm the guy in the picture with him." Maybe it sounds like a stretch to *YOU*, but I've been banning the same people here for three years. Nothing, NOTHING surprises me.

quote:
alot of what Parvini says is tounge-in-cheek. But the pose is self-aware, it's obiviously absurd. When the guy above put his photo next to a statue of a dictator he failed to realise that one was a parody or mockery of the other - obviously feigned grandeur if you want. Pretty English humour really, Monty Python sort of stuff.

A lot of members of this board are big fans of Python and British humor. Many of them are Brits. Every single one of us failed to notice him saying anything funny. The chances aren't very good that your friend is really hilarious and 50 people all have broken senses of humor. It's probably that your friend just THINKS he's funny.

quote:
Somebody else here got it right - he mentioned to me before about being a 'heel' in these parts and I think that's the part he plays when he comes here.

I can't imagine how we never caught on to that sense of humor of his! An Oxford student spending his spare time playing the Bad Guy on a wrestling message board? When the sun set on the British Empire, it set down extra hard and gave a good part of it brain damage. Thanks but no thanks.

quote:
PS. Would it be possible for you guys not to link to the Oriel website above?

Yeah. It's not going to happen though.

The custom status will go, and I'm not sure about the posts. If you were itching to get to 100 posts so you could get an avatar, I'd worry about finding an avatar that isn't really oversized. I still don't know what to do about you, though, so you may not want to waste your time with that.

"The moment that The Rick tells me that I am in the wrong then I will stop. And since I have 10 years of reading his work under my belt I feel fairly confident that he won't since he is a proponent of thinking differently. Save the threats."

Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4742
Registered 11-10-2002
Location Wherever I Damn Well Please

Mood: 423-GET-FAME

posted on 6-21-2005 at 03:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think Chris Adams is very gentlemanly name befitting of only the most handsome of men. I have no doubt that George Banks is such a man.

The award for the most laughable cringe-worthy attempt at clever colour commentary goes to:

"When you're dating The Architect, you start to get some more plans." - Renee Young, Extreme Rules 2019

Thom
The Immortal One

Posts 4890
Registered 1-14-2003
Location At the gym

Mood: Rather be lifting

posted on 6-21-2005 at 12:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well, in that case, ModPrime - I offer him a swift kick in the...

#GLENNSURVIVESLOL - Cherokee Jack, from TWD Season 6 thread

Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4503
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood: Careworn

posted on 6-21-2005 at 01:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Parvini's mom smells like elderberries and I fart in George Banks' general direction...

The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Eli 's Aim   Eli 's Yahoo
blackdragon
The Great One

Posts 3578
Registered 11-9-2003
Location United States

Mood: Nostalgic

posted on 6-21-2005 at 02:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
George Banks = Greatest Super Kick ever! Evar!

BornToRun = The Most Miserable Son of a Bitch on the planet AKA, My Hero

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

Mood: Cock-sure

posted on 6-21-2005 at 02:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pitché la vache!!

Who wants soup?

Canadian Bulldog
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1889
Registered 7-28-2003
Location Yes.

Mood: EVER!!!

posted on 6-21-2005 at 02:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I say you guys should just suspend him and see if comes back under a mask.

The book... IS... HERE!!!
The Official Inside The Ropes website
BulldogZone : Official Inside The Ropes Merchandise
The Ridiculously Expensive Canadian BullBLOG

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Canadian+Bulldog 's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger
outback jack
The Great One

Posts 3811
Registered 3-10-2003
Location not Australia

Mood: old

posted on 6-21-2005 at 03:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I assumed George was Parvini after his first few posts in ATR. If however he is indeed Chris Adams, my advice to him is to keep your wife away from anyone named Steve Austin.

BTW, who was it who had their post count turned into a negative number? That was a classic.

[Edited on 6-21-2005 by outback jack]

ModSquad
Hello, future girlfriend

Posts 3472
Registered 1-30-2003

Mood: Trumpy

posted on 6-21-2005 at 06:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Screw Flanders.

(To answer your question, Outback. I'm not just saying Screw Flanders over and over again like in my script about a talking pie.)

"The moment that The Rick tells me that I am in the wrong then I will stop. And since I have 10 years of reading his work under my belt I feel fairly confident that he won't since he is a proponent of thinking differently. Save the threats."

outback jack
The Great One

Posts 3811
Registered 3-10-2003
Location not Australia

Mood: old

posted on 6-21-2005 at 06:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks, Prime. So the Mods didn't screw Screw Flanders, Screw Flanders screwed Screw Flanders!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top