The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Hollywood going?
Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4503
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood: Careworn

posted on 4-1-2005 at 04:18 PM Edit Post
Hollywood going?

It took me all the way to the "Princess Bride" remake to figure it out. And I've been reading the Rick for seven fucking years.

The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Eli 's Aim   Eli 's Yahoo
Blown Spot
The Rowdy One

Posts 2399
Registered 1-22-2003
Location Silver Spring, MD

Mood: Mauve

posted on 4-1-2005 at 04:18 PM Edit Post
Rick, You MotherF@*ker

You had me up to the TE winner in drag.

The American Idol thing was suspect, but Hogan's story made me ignore that and had me completely fooled.

By the time I got to the drag queen stuff and the Princess Bride Remake I was like - waitaminute!

Glad to see the OO tradition back! I think you skipped it last year, which contributed greatly to me being fooled this year.

Edited:[Because I had initally started this as a new thread but apparently Eli must have started his thread before mine as mine has been absorbed into this one, or maybe it was the thread title? It was a good-natured FU not a Cena one. ]

[Edited on 4-1-2005 by Blown Spot]

"I like to drink wine more than I used to... anyway I'm drinking more."

"John Cena is poopy." - CM Punk to 6 year old kid on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

"What I said was deliberately untrue. However, that does not make it a lie. It's what we call in sophisticated debate terms a "implyo-obliqué-prevariclative," which is a statement that deliberately runs counter to the truth and is not factually supported — which is totally different from a lie..."

Semaj B.
Fella

Posts 281
Registered 11-5-2004

Mood: Eh, not so much

posted on 4-1-2005 at 04:30 PM Edit Post
I gotta give it to Rick, this was fucking hilarious! I was kinda buying into the TNA-Hogan thing for a little while, but when it shifted to talk of Jericho jumping ship, I figured that it was BS. Although the idea of Jericho being center stage of a production is a good one and TNA could do a lot worse. The American Idol thing I just chalked up to OO's Broad having more influence on Rick than even he realizes.

I think when you get out into the world a little more, you'll discover that not all well-dressed, articulate, detail-oriented men are gay, many of them are just Asian.
-Mr. Wu, I Am God

fsolomon75
American Dream

Posts 8481
Registered 1-25-2002
Location SoCal

Mood: WILLIE~!

posted on 4-1-2005 at 04:34 PM Edit Post
Rick, ya bastard....the Hogan story sounded believable enough to get me, hook line and fucking sinker. Thanks for the laugh today.

Teh wisdom of MooseheadJack: "tpyos are not going to ruin my day today" and "the only thing carved in stone for the Mets is the look on willie's face"

The 2007 Post Of The Year

Trickstar
Showstopper

Posts 829
Registered 2-11-2004

Mood: I must break u

posted on 4-1-2005 at 05:10 PM Edit Post
The Hogan bit was well written except that it was hard to get by the fact that WWE heavily publicized his appearance meaning that a deal was already firmly set in place. Didn't believe it. Which made me skeptical of the TNA bit even if I think it was the most credible gag of the column. Good job Rick!

"Is Kurt really hoping that he'll get her to cheat and not have to worry about alimony?" - mrschutte

efarns
Showstopper

Mood:

posted on 4-1-2005 at 05:16 PM Edit Post
An entire news column that was full of news? Obviously an April FOOl's joke.

Edit: capital OO's

[Edited on 4-1-2005 by efarns]

ConcreteTG
The Great One

Posts 3613
Registered 10-6-2002
Location sitting on a guardrail

Mood: Heroic

posted on 4-1-2005 at 06:49 PM Edit Post
The Hogan thing was very well written and I wouldn't be surprised. My first thought was "Vince is gonna kill somebody".....

...my next thought is "Rick wouldn't be that mean, would he?"

Great stuff

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   ConcreteTG 's Aim
masterofpigeons
And I am AWESOME

Posts 130
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Montreal

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 4-1-2005 at 07:38 PM Edit Post
god dammit...

The American Idol thing REALLY threw me off at the beginning, but then the whole Hogan thing sucked me right in... and I went all the way down to the Princess Bride before I finally caught in... I've been had. Granted, the TE Matt in Drag bit was a bit far-fetched, but I think I bought into it just based on how retarded it was... but really, now I'm just disappointed that Al Snow isn't coming back to active competition, dammit. BAH!

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member   masterofpigeons 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
thecubsfan
Turd Generation Superstar

Posts 20
Registered 5-28-2002

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 4-1-2005 at 08:15 PM Edit Post
The American Idol fanship I could see, but you totally gave it away when you told us to pencil in a CW Title match at WM.

AND

quote:
The ideal candidate would be undersized/a cruiserweight (so as to not dominate the women's division upon debuting, but still able to believably compete against men), "pretty" and with the perception of being soft or a bit of a wuss, and have long hair.

TE3 Matt? It's the role Shannon Moore was born to play! (with longer hair). So so wrong.

[Edited on 4-1-2005 by thecubsfan]

Figure Foreskin
Prefers punkerhardcore Penis

Posts 2651
Registered 5-4-2004
Location 5-4-2004

Mood: Paper > Rock

posted on 4-1-2005 at 09:27 PM Edit Post
I was thrown off by the Idol thing, and the fact that a Friday column was up so early in the day. If he REALLY wanted us to buy it he would've put it up around 10 pm eastern with the standard apology for lateness.

But yeah, I bought the whole Hogan thing, the Cappotelli thing actually wouldn't surprise me knowing WWE, except they kinda already did it with "Harvina" Whippleman. And the Princess Bride thing just seemed so cool it didn't even dawn on me untill the end what day it was.

Well done Rick, you asshole.

"Any time you agree with Krydor, you're wrong."

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
FusionFistCutter
The Great One

Posts 3411
Registered 4-10-2003
Location Columbus, Ohio

Mood:

posted on 4-2-2005 at 01:19 AM Edit Post
Problem was everything seemed BELIEVABLE until we got to the Princess Bride thing. Even then I'm reading along, nodding, saying to myself "uhmmm ok, that could be cool with Big Show I guess" and then the whole recasting thing had me saying "this is bullshit". You took it too far at that point. Transexual wrestler? Sure. Hogan throwing a fit and not showing at WM? Sure. TNA on Spike? Could happen I guess.

Too bad some of that WASNT true, at least the Hogan parts. I was all set for some sort of pre-WrestleMania disaster like last year with Lesnar.

!

borntorun
God of This World

Posts -8685
Registered 7-22-2003
Location Breathe

Mood: House, Monk-E

posted on 4-2-2005 at 01:36 AM Edit Post
I didn't fall for it at all. I'm THAT smart. And I also read this thread before checking the main page this afternoon.

And Rick indeed took the year off last year. *I* was featured in two articles a year ago today! Hooray for not doing jack since!

Fake McCoy Comics

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   borntorun 's Aim
rk
Showstopper

Posts 622
Registered 3-11-2004
Location Canada

Mood: Barbiturates

posted on 4-2-2005 at 12:58 PM Edit Post
As soon as I read "As of this early Friday writing", I figured it out.

I feel so smart.

ArmyofOne
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1457
Registered 11-21-2002
Location Next to Trump's Wall

Mood: Fartz

posted on 4-2-2005 at 06:45 PM Edit Post
The Hogan thing had me. I didn't read the opening rant today so that didn't get me obviously, but I was had up until the Princess Bride remake when it finally dawned on me what date it was. Very good...

...but still not as good as the OOne a couple years ago with The Rock as Batman and Chris Benoit actually becoming the Wolverine as his wrestling character and him storming away mad at the idea. That was awesome, and honestly I was had all the way through.

OO's Secretary of Defense

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   ArmyofOne 's Aim

New Topic New Poll

go to top