Board logo

GREATEST ACTION MOVIE OF ALL TIME
CaseyDiabloShotJimRoss - 1-24-2002 at 07:11 PM

Sorry but movies like Lord of the Rings sucked too bad for me to post.

Shastar - 1-25-2002 at 02:20 AM

one thing: Blues Brothers was released in 1980, not 1984

Second thing: where is Hard Boiled?

Dan

Cuthbert - 1-25-2002 at 04:51 AM

It is dissapointing when Hard Boiled is the best movie of a genre, and it still sucks hardcore (not holly). But what do you expect? If you put a bad director (Woo) with a horrible, untalented actor (Yun Fat), you can't have a good movie, nor a good genre at all.

chingis - 1-25-2002 at 09:26 PM

hey, for my money, I'll take Predator. If not that, then maybe any Lethal Weapon movie. I like a little bit of story to go with my action, and those provide adequately enough for me

CaseyDiabloShotJimRoss - 1-28-2002 at 10:45 PM

Where do you think Hard Boiled is. It's not on here buddy run you own damn poll if you like Disneyed movies

PS. I dont give a flying fuck what year Blues Brother came out.

Cuthbert - 1-29-2002 at 11:54 AM

Hard Boiled is "Disneyed"? Wow.

And if you can't accept people commenting on the poll, good or bad, don't make them. It's going to happen every time.

RhynoesRUs - 1-30-2002 at 11:55 PM

More caffine Mr. CaseyDiabloShotJimRoss?

Anyhoots, I don't think it should've been on your poll, be I like Starship Troopers as an honorable mention. That's why I mentioned it, honorably.

Shastar - 1-31-2002 at 05:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CaseyDiabloShotJimRoss
Where do you think Hard Boiled is. It's not on here buddy run you own damn poll if you like Disneyed movies

PS. I dont give a flying fuck what year Blues Brother came out.

Oh, did I hurt your feelings with my opinions?

Here let me apologize:

Boo. Fucking. Hoo.

Dan

Jacklove - 2-1-2002 at 03:36 PM

Die Hard is the greatsest action movie of all time and there really shouldn't even be a debate. It's the Triple H of action movies. It is that damn good. Plus John McClane has the coolest catchphrase of all time.

mallrat - 2-8-2002 at 04:47 PM

Hands down, Die Hard.

Shastar - 2-8-2002 at 07:24 PM

call it one more vote for Die Hard. I've seen it thousands of times and it still entertains.

wow, three votes for Die hard, I think we have a winner folks!

Dan

NoneSoVile - 2-12-2002 at 12:51 PM

Diehard is def. the best.

Jacklove - 2-14-2002 at 04:39 PM

My wife bought me the Die Hard trilogy on DVD for Christmas. Nothing says love to me like mayhem, destruction, and terrorist dying.

AngryJohnny - 3-11-2002 at 09:15 AM

I don't know about Blues Brothers being an Action Movie but if it's up for the title of "greatest" at anything it's won my vote.

dragonmak - 5-1-2002 at 05:23 AM

I'll agree that Die Hard was a bad ass flick. But I have to give honorable mention to The Matrix.

Chris Is Good517 - 5-1-2002 at 10:53 PM

Another honorable mention has gotta go to Way of the Gun. I just saw it over the weekend (didn't want to, just humoring a friend) and I'd be remiss if I didn't recommend it to you guys, if for nothing else than the opening scene... funniest thing I've seen in a long, long time, and the rest of the movie was pretty decent too. Don't be put off by the fact that Ryan Phillipe is in it, he actually shows a few shreds of acting ability here. Not the greatest action movie ever by a long shot, but I think most of y'all would enjoy it