Board logo

Rey Mysterio Jr.
#tcb - 7-26-2002 at 02:20 AM

People were talking he could never be the man he was due to age, steriods, and injures and he wasn't going to be able to be what we saw in the promos.

Well, he wasn't perfect like the old days, but damn he tried with Chavo tonight and did a great job.

Maybe if Vince lets him, Rey is the answer for the WWE Cruiserweights.

salmonjunkie - 7-26-2002 at 06:22 AM

I hope this means we see more of Chavo on SD also, because he worked his ass off too. That Gory Bomb was nuts! I like Rey using his rope swing counter as an offensive set up to the hurricanrana.

I wsa quite impressed with Rey. He hasn't showed that kind of fire since the last time he wore his mask. The big pants and the white contacts are a nice touch.

JJBRWESQ - 7-26-2002 at 07:44 AM

Agreed. Now someone please make Psichosis put the mask back on and teach him English. And La Parka too. I mean, a guy wearing buffalo horns and a skeleton who dances and plays the chair. How could the WWE fans not lap that up?

RatherbeinChyna - 7-26-2002 at 02:31 PM

I put in the other post that i think La Parka was in the limo....what would give Raw more of a Nitro feel then the Chairman of WCW...La Parka

salmonjunkie - 7-27-2002 at 12:16 AM

I have a feeling Rey will be the only luchador on WWE. If the WWE does get any, the only two I think that they'd sign are Psicosis and La Parka. Juvi's good, but he's got all of Scott Hall's problems without the nWo history.

But even then, we'd probably only see them on Velocity, jobbing to Hurricane and Chavo, but beating Hugh Morris and Albert.

beatenlikeagovernmentmule - 7-27-2002 at 04:36 AM

tcb, aren't you the same guy who refers to the cruiserweights as "useless midgets"? Why so fond of Rey all of a sudden?

#tcb - 7-27-2002 at 06:45 AM

Because as long as Rey Mysterio is getting wins off Kevin Nash (or Test) and stays where he belongs with the other midgets -- then midget wrestling should be okay for smackdown. I just feel that guys like Eddie and Beniot and Jericho belong there too.

#tcb - 7-27-2002 at 08:21 AM

Typo from the last post, I meant as long as HE IS NOT getting wins off of Test.

Chris Is Good517 - 7-27-2002 at 09:40 AM

Why not? Who in God's name wants to see Test win?
Now that I think about it, who in God's name wants to see Test at all?

beatenlikeagovernmentmule - 7-27-2002 at 04:43 PM

quote:

Because as long as Rey Mysterio is getting wins off Kevin Nash (or Test) and stays where he belongs with the other midgets -- then midget wrestling should be okay for smackdown. I just feel that guys like Eddie and Beniot and Jericho belong there too.

Out of curiosity - since you refer to guys who are generally around 5'10" - 6'0" and 190 - 230 lbs as midgets, you must be a pretty big, hefty guy, right?

#tcb - 7-28-2002 at 02:38 AM

I'm 6'3 and 303 pounds -- about Hogan's legit size in the 80s