Board logo

New Wrestling Reviews Website...
The Evil Wizard - 8-25-2005 at 07:05 PM

I am planning to create a new wrestling reviews website in the next few weeks. The reason being is that I find archived reviews of PPVs unreliable and riddled with zeigheist biased. For an example of what I mean read any review Scott Keith wrote of a WCW PPV in the late 90s or try the The Rick's recent review of Summerslam 2005.

I don't want to rival these internet-wrestling leviathons I simply wish to offer an alternative resource.

To begin with the site's aim with be to review every single Coliseum Home Video the WWF released including all of the PPVs (using the old WF#01 catalogue numbers). I want to offer level-headed, measured evaluations of these videos free from the concerns of whatever the currents behind the scenes issues are. Similar to what Adam does with his Old-Thyme Rasslin' Re-Revues only more exhaustive.

Now this is obviously a huge aim and I will not be able to do it alone.

I need some willing volunteers from this here forum to contribute their reviews so that together we can build an exhaustive database. Each video or event needent only have one review - each reviewer can have his say on every single release should he wish.

If you are interested in becoming a reviewer just U2U me and we'll take it from there.

I have A LOT of the old Coliseum Home Videos but I don't have them all.

To begin with I am going to concentrate on the more obscure videos - things like the Wrestlefests, the Supertapes, Battle of the Superstars, "Smack 'em Whack 'em", "Hottest Matches" etc.

But obviously we need review for all the Wrestlemanias, Summerslams and other events from 1985 to now. It is a HUGE task and I'll be needing at least 10 reviewers.

Please Note: This site is purely going to be a resource site. There will be no columns, no Raw re-caps, no title histories etc. There are other sites for that - this site is solely for Reviews of Wrestling shows to inform and to amuse.

NB: If your name is 2Hot, you need not apply.

Operation Retard - 8-25-2005 at 07:15 PM

who cares?

she looks like a horse.

2HoT - 8-25-2005 at 07:16 PM

Aww man! I totally could have reviewed my "Best Of Damien" tape.

On a more serious note, anything that takes time away from you posting here is great in my books.

Oh, and go fuck yourself.

The Evil Wizard - 8-25-2005 at 07:21 PM

It shouldn't affect my posting time 2Hot.

Oh, and sit and spin asshole - you've been a prick ever since the first day I posted here.

Just why are you called 2HOT again? In tribute to Brian Christopher?

[Edited on 8-25-2005 by The Evil Wizard]

2HoT - 8-25-2005 at 07:34 PM

Seriously d00d, if you are going to try to insult me, at least try to make sure you finger the right tag team partner.

You can speculate all you want about my name. It doesn't change the fact that you claimed to have called a truce yet continue to take pot shots at me in private and in public.

You're right about one thing. I have been a prick. Except it was looooooong before you ever posted here. It will likely be loooooooong after you cease posting here.

For the record, (and many of the people around here can back me up on this) I rarely keep going after people who don't deserve it.

bigfatgoalie - 8-25-2005 at 07:48 PM

An alternative resource?

What? Is obsessedwithwrestling.com, titlehistories.com, and Scott Keith's Rants not good enough?

Are the wwe.com websites not good enough?

Do people not know how to use google?

And more so, what makes you think people who would want to do such reviews would want to do them for YOU? Are you that special?

Fuck, if you want to make a wrestling site...how about one that goes beyond reviews...we have enough of those and 99% of them suck and blow at the same time.

2HoT - 8-25-2005 at 07:55 PM

Well OBVIOUSLY his would be teh BEST~!!!11!1

The Evil Wizard - 8-25-2005 at 07:56 PM

Actually BFG, I don't believe there is a single wrestling website that reviews all of the Colisum home viedeos in the way that I am suggesting.

The one that comes closest - Scott Keith's Rants - is full of doggerel and bloated opinion.

If you re-read exactly what I said I suggested that my site would do nothing but reviews - no title histories, no archive info, nothing like that.

Those sites you listed there are precisely that.

This would offer something different.

I never said I was special I simply said I wanted to make a site that reviewed every WWF video. It is not difficult to understand.

2Hot - once again truce - you haven't been that much of a prick. Apologies.

2HoT - 8-25-2005 at 08:03 PM

You see Goalie, what we have here is someone who believes that his opinions are not bloated.

It may be news to you, but Scott Keith thinks his opinions are perfectly reasonable.

The Evil Wizard - 8-25-2005 at 08:05 PM

The MAIN problem with Scott Keith is that his reviews were all written a couple of nights after the event in most cases. His late 90s reviews really suffer as a result.

This is not his fault, it is impossible to abstact oneself from a particular moment. But we would be writing reviews with the benefit of hindsight.

As there would be more than one reviewer and review for each video opinions would always be kept in check by the views of others.

If somebody can find me a site that has already done this then please link them here and it will save me the hassle.

I don't actually believe it has been done - I've certainly never come across a site that does it.

bigfatgoalie - 8-25-2005 at 08:11 PM

Yes...and it's not hard to understand that it's been done before!!! We don't need a gazillion wrestling websites that are a "resource" of old shows. And if you're going to...keep in mind that there are other "resource" sites out there that offer more info and do it very well. Hell, some of them go past 1985 even!

Honestly, nobody is going crazy because there's no site out there with 100% boring and complete play by play of old WWF shows. In fact, most people like the reviewer to give an opinion and be a little subjective....and if that's what you are trying to do then your comments about Keith are absurdly snobbish.

It's nice that you want to do it...but something tells me IF you do finish the site the same amount of people will care about that as they will about FFC's latest bowel movement. And till then all you are doing is hyping a concept we can all find in practice right now if we use google.

Alana - 8-25-2005 at 08:13 PM

Just wondering, but why is this new website of yours even necessary?

As goalie pointed out, there are a million sources out there for wrestling reviews. Your problem with Rick and Scott Keith's rants is not that they are biased; they're biased in a direction that you don't care for. Hell, Keith's bashing of late-90s WCW PPVs was completely warranted, if you ask me, and any information of backstage goings-on and political crap provides a context for what's going on in the ring and why... especially when a PPV completely sucks. I want to know what the hell was going on when a fed puts on a crappy show.

When I'm looking for a review of an old show, I want to know just a few simple things: 1) Who wrestled, 2) who won and how, and 3) was the match any good? Whether or not there is any behind-the-scenes talk in the review is irrelevant if those three questions have already been answered, and in fact can be pretty useful and interesting. All that information is already out there. Re-reviewing all these PPVs simply to omit that one aspect of the shows seems unnecessary, redundant, and self-indulgent.

Edit: damn, you guys post quickly. So your site will offer nothing but reviews, as opposed to sites that offer reviews and lots of other relevant information? Uh... I don't get it. You'll be different by offering less?

[Edited on 8-25-2005 by Alana]

The Evil Wizard - 8-25-2005 at 08:19 PM

I think you misunderstand me BFG.

I'm not interested in doing play by plays and the site will be VIDEO rather than PPV based.

This means that all of the WWF's video releases will be are reviewed.

Of course the reviews will have opinons in them BUT the opinons will have the benefit of hindsight. Keith Scott can be a very good reviewer it is just that so many of his reviews haven't aged well - he even started re-doing them himself.

This site could act as a guide, I suppose, to all the videos out there in various 2nd hand stores and on e-bay.

I mean if you really have such a problem with the idea, you could always just not visit it...

Alana - 8-25-2005 at 08:23 PM

Or, you could not bother actually making the website and save yourself and a slew of recappers a hell of a lot of time. Good lord, man. As much as you post, when the hell do you find time to work?

The Evil Wizard - 8-25-2005 at 08:25 PM

No website is "absolutely necessary". This will simply be the first fully EXHAUSTIVE WWF video reviews website.

I can't actually find that many sites that offer reviews of all the PPVs from Wrestlemania 1 let alone the videos.

If you want list them here - I am prepared NOT to make the site if I see that someone has already made such a site. So far I've only been given Scott Keith - and he is good but shouldn't be the ONLY one doing it.

I have already mentioned that the reviews wont really do 're-caps' as such, just reviews, play-by-play is uneccessary and A LOT of work.

Alana - 8-25-2005 at 08:31 PM

I don't need to make a list. There's just one:

www.google.com

Go to town.

The Evil Wizard - 8-25-2005 at 08:36 PM

But that's the thing. There simply aren't any. There aren't.

Yes there are sites listing the matches.

Yes there are sites listing what is on each video.

Yes there are sites which have lots of reviews (um... OO, Keith Scott... anymore).

But I can't find a single site that does what I've said I want to do here.

But you know what - f**K it, I can't be bothered now, just an idea that's all.

Slade - 8-25-2005 at 10:07 PM

If making this website is what you want to do, then go ahead and do it. You should not say, "oh fuck it, the OOsters hate my idea, and now I'ma gonna go put my Smiths albums on 'n sulk for a few hours before I get me a gun 'n put a fuckin' bullet in my head."

You have made your appeal to the OO membership to give you a helping hand, if no one offers, then try finding other people interested in your idea to help you. What does it matter that four people have registered their opinions against your proposed project? So what if they do not like it. I, myself, think it would be a tedious project and have no interest in spending my time writing or reading such reviews. But my opinion is inconsequential. It is not up to me or 2HoT or BFG to give you the green light. If it is something you want to do, go to town.

And let me give you a word of advice, Evil Wizard. You have come to wrong place to ask for an opinion about something you would like to do. Some people on this message board will offer reasonable assessments of your idea and give you constructive feedback, be it positive or negative. Others, like 2HoT and OpTard might only respond to you in a reasonable fashion if they like you and/or you have been a member of this message board since at least October 23rd, 2003. And when guys like them are the first ones to chime in and crap all over your idea, it is more likely than not that you will not receive constructive criticism. Therefore, I say unto you, if you want good feedback, do not ask a question around here. This message board is more often than not the wrong place to do it.

Finally, I wish you good luck in getting your video tape project off the ground.

2HoT - 8-25-2005 at 10:11 PM

My, aren't we the clever one. Switching the first and last names of Scott Keith as a show of disrespect. Bravo good sir. You are truely an ignoranus.

And seriously, if you are so easily put off your idea, how can you honestly expect anyone else to get behind it. Good God man, whether or not we think it's a good idea, at least have the damned courage to stand by your convictions.

Firebreaker Chip - 8-25-2005 at 10:40 PM

I was just wondering how come Scott Keith stopped doing his rants at OO? It just seems like out of the blue he left for 411.

On-topic, I could care less if a compilation of the Coliseum Videos existed, but if you want people to actually read your reviews then I don't suggest a new website. All you have to do is probably pitch your idea to 411 or Insidepulse. Between them they have a ton of recappers and always seem to be getting more. If you really want to do it I would say go there. A new website wonít get as much as traffic as those other sites and in those sites you will be perfectly able to do your reviewing style.

Lastly, if you did some of the Clashes that Scott Keith never did, I might read your columns.

The Evil Wizard - 8-25-2005 at 10:48 PM

http://www.hotmale.com

This is probably the best videos and "meeting" site right now.

Firebreaker Chip this is probably a sensible idea. I'll pick you up on the way there, you fresh fruit!

I'll pitch an idea to firstly to The Rick to review the sorts of things that HAVEN'T been done between men- about a million and one WWF home videos presented by Sean Mooney and things like Wrestlefest 1988, 1991 are what I'm going to start with and then I'll work my way through the rest of them, I don't care how many guys scream about it.

If he doesn't want me maybe broadway will.

This way nobody has to go through the ardious task of recapping the Royal Rumbles and Wrestlemania yet again.

I will write to The Rick tomorrow.

I want to be a staaaaaaarrrrrrrrr!

borntorun - 8-25-2005 at 10:52 PM

And when these reviews do go up, have the decency to write in paragraph form, please.

Onward and upward, good sir.

Bonestein - 8-25-2005 at 11:06 PM

I think you guys are missing the bright side to this- at least BBMN won' thave to search far for a "Terrible Site of the Week". Go hard, retard!

FusionFistCutter - 8-25-2005 at 11:21 PM

Well we all know that every review he writes will undoubtadly have "EDITED BY EVIL WIZARD ON 8/26" about 4 times under each one.

For fucks sake dude, type something and stick with it, this whole thread is a train wreck thanks you to changing what you say every 2 seconds when someone responds to you.

LuckyLopez - 8-25-2005 at 11:24 PM

Amen!

and...

quote:
Originally posted by borntorun
And when these reviews do go up, have the decency to write in paragraph form, please.

Amen!

The Evil Wizard - 8-25-2005 at 11:32 PM

You can stop your bashing now. This is now a matter between The Rick and myself.

My edits, 9 times out of 10 are from spelling errors due to typing quickly. Also, I do use paragraph form - using the grammatical rule that one starts a fresh paragraph with a complete change of topic as I have done here.

I understand that these reviews will not be to everyone's tastes or interests. They are for retro-fans with an interest that extends beyond the PPV events. It may seem a little esoteric but I'm willing to do it as it'd give me a great reason to watch through all my videos again - if I can inform and recommend things to other fans while I'm doing it - I don't see a problem there. Like with anything you don't like: simply don't read/ watch/ listen/ react to it and you'll have no reason to complain.

folby - 8-25-2005 at 11:42 PM

Here's my question: What's your target market? I mean, besides you, who out there is really looking for a review of every old wwf tape? Is anyone sitting around thinking "You know, I'm really itching for some Ultimate Warrior vs. Dino Bravo, and I'd but a tape, but I don't know if they're any good!" Something tells me there just aren't that many people itching to know how Strike Force vs. Demolition turned out.

But hey, maybe that's just me. I hope you stick around, Evil Wizard, because I think you're entertaining as hell.

quote:
The reason being is that I find archived reviews of PPVs unreliable and riddled with zeigheist biased.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha. I can only hope your reviews live up to these lofty standards.

The Evil Wizard - 8-25-2005 at 11:53 PM

Folby, that post just had me in stitches for about 5 minutes.

It's not really about the quality of these tapes and both you and I know that it is 90% Wrestlecrap BUT you can find some good stuff on these videos buried in the rubbish.

Off the tope of my head... the first ladder match, when One Man Gang became Akeem, Bret Hart's title win from Flair, Flair's loser leaves town match against Perfect, the famous basketball skit with Ted Dibiase and the Jake/ Macho-man angle - not to mention the occasional **** match out of nowhere.

Treat them more as a kitch curiosity than about finding out whether Dino Bravo vs. Hercules is any good. If you have any sort of interest in kayfabe era WWF these reviews should be interesting, even though there might be more wrestlecrap that essential material. I hope this at least makes you think twice about these old videos.

FusionFistCutter - 8-26-2005 at 12:00 AM

How'd he do that?!?!

2HoT - 8-26-2005 at 12:00 AM

Well I don't know about you guys, but I'M sold!!

mooseheadjack - 8-26-2005 at 12:03 AM

hey, I remember an Al Perez-Tito Santana match from the monady night show around 89 or so, good stuff nobody has reviewed it, someone should

If you got the time and drive, go for it

TarheelMike - 8-26-2005 at 12:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mooseheadjack
hey, I remember an Al Perez-Tito Santana match from the monday night show around 89 or so, good stuff nobody has reviewed it, someone should

Thank you, Moose, for making me spit Mountain Dew on my desk. Thank you very freaking much.

Is it too early to nominate this thread for a bOOardie?

Firebreaker Chip - 8-26-2005 at 12:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by FusionFistCutter

How'd he do that?!?!

He's a wizard, FFC, he's a wizard.

microplay_24 - 8-26-2005 at 12:48 AM

Wow...wonder what forum this thread was originally posted in (missed it), cause once it makes its way to Parts' Unknown, you know it's fucked.

Operation Retard - 8-26-2005 at 01:01 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG UR SO RITE MICROPLAY!!!!!

it started in PU.

by the way, i was gonna say that i'd love to see the reply that rick sends back to mr. wizard, here. but then i remembered his email will be thoroughly ignored and no such reply will exist.

ModSquad - 8-26-2005 at 04:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by The Evil Wizard
- riddled with zeigheist biased.
- leviathons
- To begin with the site's aim with be to review
- needent
-we need review for all the Wrestlemanias
- Colisum home viedeos
-WWF's video releases will be are reviewed.
- ardious
- Off the tope of my head
- kitch
- there might be more wrestlecrap that essential material

How can anyone argue with quality like that? Will you be offering us the same level of moron on your review site? Or are we just lucky?

quote:
The one that comes closest - Scott Keith's Rants - is full of doggerel

If there's one thing Scott Keith is known for, it's his bad rhyming poetry. When I think "Scott Keith rant" I think "bad poetry."

quote:
But you know what - f**K it, I can't be bothered now, just an idea that's all.

Thanks for the edit! OO has always frowned on swearing, and having to GUESS what the second and third letters are in the word "f**k" just makes everything so clean and "family." I think you mean that you just think "fork it." I know just how you feel. Sometimes I can't be forked.

I'll say something anyway. FORK you, George Banks. I asked you to sign out from your account and take a few weeks off, then re-register at OO as a new "persona." I was worried that people wouldn't give you a fair shake, and I asked you to let people think you were a different guy so they'd treat you fairly. You didn't. You used your old account minutes before registering as a new persona. Then you talked about THE SAME S**T AGAIN, which just made it very obvious that IT WAS YOU AGAIN. I forking BEGGED you to shut the fork up about TED DIBIASE, but you posted about him 8 times in your first 15 posts. Then you posted the same "I KNOW ALL ABOUT 80s WRESTLING" threads over and over. You motherforking a**hole. I tried to give you as much advice as I could about separating yourself from another persona that got a bad shake the first time, but you just didn't listen. You dumb dumb dumb dumb motherforker. Go fork yourself.

[Edited on 8-27-2005 by ModSquad]

Alana - 8-26-2005 at 04:31 AM

Sweet! A new sig line.

benoitbrokemyneck - 8-26-2005 at 03:43 PM

Spooning leads to forking.

The Evil Wizard - 8-26-2005 at 03:59 PM

In case anyone still cares, I look set to have a column on 411 starting next weekend.

I care far more about wrestling than about wrestling forum politics so if anyone discovers something new from my reviews I'd be happy.

Operation Retard - 8-26-2005 at 04:22 PM

wrestling's gay.

Columbo - 8-26-2005 at 04:23 PM

quote:
In case anyone still cares, I look set to have a column on 411 starting next weekend.

Finally a reason to check out 411!!!

Canadian Bulldog - 8-26-2005 at 04:24 PM

quote:

I hear they have their own message board, too...

Laner - 8-26-2005 at 04:30 PM

quote:

Cool - best of luck.

microplay_24 - 8-26-2005 at 09:04 PM

quote:

That's fine, but why do you want us to care so much about it?? Trying to beg for attention is the worst thing you can do on a message board, because nobody's gonna buy it. Maybe try learning from that and just move on.

[Edited on 8-26-2005 by microplay_24]

Bonestein - 8-26-2005 at 11:40 PM

quote:

STILL cares? When did anyone care?

PS- I totally boned your mother.

Attitude Adjuster - 8-27-2005 at 12:40 AM

quote:
In case anyone still cares...

Damn, it seems everyone beat me to the punch line. Mine was:

We quit caring about 40 posts ago. You just haven't noticed.

So since this thread is County Fair Elephant Crap on a Stick already, should we simply turn this into a "If anyone still cares..." punchline thread?

2HoT - 8-27-2005 at 12:44 AM

quote:

I care far more about giving verbal blowjobs to Ted Dibiase than getting owned on a message board so really, 411 is probably the best place for me.

Don't let the door hit ya...

[Edited on 8-26-2005 by 2HoT]

Chris Is Good517 - 8-27-2005 at 09:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by 2HoT
Seriously d00d, if you are going to try to insult me, at least try to make sure you finger the right tag team partner.

Ha ha ha, Evil Wizard fingered Brian Christopher. Homo! (notthattheresanythingwrongwiththat)

LuckyLopez - 8-27-2005 at 09:48 AM

This thread thorughly sucks.

I apologize for my exiguous particepation in it.

[Edited on 8-27-2005 by The Evil Wizard]

The Evil Wizard - 8-27-2005 at 10:07 AM

Clearly my sarcasm above has been misinterpreted. Microplay, I don't want any attention at all. It is probably best if this was all forgotten about, deleted, erased, eradicated from the face of the earth. It's not like I suggsted anything wildly unusual or strange but then I was writing under the assumption that this is a wrestling forum where people are interested in wrestling.

By and large I've found that to be true, I guess my mistake was posting in "Parts Unknown".

Canadian Bulldog - 8-27-2005 at 02:23 PM

quote:
I guess my mistake was posting in "Parts Unknown".

Nope. Guess again.

ModSquad - 8-27-2005 at 03:19 PM

It must be nice to be that oblivious. Like the saying goes, no brains, no headaches. Just picture what breakups must be like.

(Since there's a girl involved, this is TOTALLY hypothetical)
Girl: It's not you, it's me.
The Evil Wizard: It must be! I am considered very attractive! I am very attractive based on four different criteria. I can list them.
Girl: Maybe we can still be friends.
The Evil Wizard: Okay cool! Would you like to hang out all day tomorrow?
Girl: I have to wash my hair tomorrow.
The Evil Wizard: Oh hahahahaha! I must say that dirty hair has been proved inconvenient many times. Especially in the late 80s-early 90s! Do you remember when Brutus Beefcake had a dirty hair match?
Girl: I need to go. I'll call you.
The Evil Wizard: Okay bye!!!!!

I'll repeat what someone else said. 411 has a message board. As a writer for their site, you will be very famous. Not anyone gets to write there. You should introduce yourself and make new best friends forever.

[Edited on 8-27-2005 by ModSquad]

microplay_24 - 8-28-2005 at 01:27 AM

quote:

I guess my mistake was posting in "Parts Unknown".

Actually, based on the way this thread turned out, chances were REALLY high it would have ended up here in this forum anyway.

Ecosystem - 8-28-2005 at 03:11 AM

So 411 scooped up George Banks. I want to call it "ironic", even though it really isn't "ironic", but it feels like the right word.

And I thought I'd give a quick nod of affirmation to 2Hot for when he said he doesn't keep on people when they don't deserve it. Not saying I don't often deserve it, but he didn't keep on me.

So 2Hot, this generic energy drink with 40 grams of sugar per serving with 2.5 servings is for you. *raises glass*

Lorraine - 8-29-2005 at 05:49 PM

What I want to know is how these banned types get their post count so high in such a short amount of time. If they could manage to behave for a month instead of a week, they'd lap Maclen and me every time.

The Evil Wizard - 8-29-2005 at 07:37 PM

First - I am not a "banned type".

As George Banks I did nothing wrong other than to be confused with an ex-poster.

Here I've done NOTHING wrong other than to make an innocent suggestion.

The question I have for you guys is - why? I'll be on my way now to find an intelligent wrestling forum, one that makes people who actually like and care about wrestling feel welcome rather than treating them like trash.

Bonestein - 8-29-2005 at 07:40 PM

Will you please shut the fuck up now then?

bigfatgoalie - 8-29-2005 at 07:49 PM

Hey The Evil Wizard...I hope you get face AIDS.

Seriously, we don't like wrestling? Ummm...actually a lot of us do! In fact we often CHAT about wrestling shows AS they are taking place. There's plenty of WWE, ROH, and even TNA talk here.

We just don't care for what you want to talk about.

Is Bones not a hockey fan because he doesn't want to talk about Mats Sundin and how great he is? Fuck no! Is anybody on these boards playing for the other team just because they don't visit bOObs, Broads, and Divas 24/7? Hell no.

You are a snob. That's what you've done wrong. You think your opinion is the only one that matters and disregard everybody else. Yes that happens a lot here...but I'd suggest even Bones would rather put up with me then you. That should tell you how annoying you are.

Operation Retard - 8-29-2005 at 07:53 PM

i'm a snob.

microplay_24 - 8-29-2005 at 07:57 PM

quote:
First - I am not a "banned type".

As George Banks I did nothing wrong other than to be confused with an ex-poster.

Here I've done NOTHING wrong other than to make an innocent suggestion.

The question I have for you guys is - why? I'll be on my way now to find an intelligent wrestling forum, one that makes people who actually like and care about wrestling feel welcome rather than treating them like trash.

Wiz,

Pull this same shit that you did on another message board (say 411), and you'll get an even worse beating there. Why are you even wasting a second bitching and complaining here if you 'know' of other intelligent wrestling forums out there??

I mean what's my point?? Get to them already.

[Edited on 8-29-2005 by microplay_24]

The Evil Wizard - 8-29-2005 at 08:03 PM

Microplay, what "shit" exactly did I pull?

I made a suggestion to write reviews and asked others to help? Yes.

What else?

I have done nothing wrong here at all.

Edit to say: And Bigfatgoalie, your AIDS comment is totally fucking out of order. It is offensive and you should remove it at once - somebody here might have AIDS for all you know, disgraceful.

I am not a snob at all and nothing I have posted here suggests that. I ahve had good conversations with people like microplay here and the very eloquant madiq (in Current Events). I am completely confused by your claim that I am a snob. But don't wish AIDS on people, you horrible person.

[Edited on 8-29-2005 by The Evil Wizard]

outback jack - 8-29-2005 at 08:26 PM

quote:

The question I have for you guys is - why?

To impress Jodie Foster.

bigfatgoalie - 8-29-2005 at 08:37 PM

See, if you knew this place (as in knowing we DO talk about wrestling) then you'd know that face AIDS is an inside joke.

The fact is you're so much better then us...please...leave this place before we crush your pure and beautiful sould with our love of ATM porn and sweaty man love.

microplay_24 - 8-29-2005 at 08:50 PM

Wiz,

Translating bfg's post for YOUR sake, and here it is...

Walk away from a fight YOU got yourself into. You can't join a group of people who aren't fond of you, plain and simple. And with your continued effort in trying to 'fit' in, your making things MUCH worse for yourself by claiming you did nothing wrong...I mean look at all the other posters here. Obviously there's a tension between them and yourself.

My point is, why continue to fuel the fire you started making it worse?? Walk away, don't start posting for awhile, and/or change your selfish attention-seeking personality around here.

Oh and what did i mean by 'shit' i was referring to?? I mean this whole act of yours you' re pulling in this thread that got you to be flamed in the first place. Why are the rest of us here, and you deciding to leave?? Think about that REALLY hard.

And also, don't deny what you've already gotten yourself into by this point, because you'd easily be called a liar.

2HoT - 8-29-2005 at 09:30 PM

quote:
I'll be on my way now to find an intelligent wrestling forum, one that makes people who actually like and care about wrestling feel welcome rather than treating them like trash.

Ok now. Bubye then.

The Evil Wizard - 8-29-2005 at 10:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by microplay_24
Wiz,

Translating bfg's post for YOUR sake, and here it is...

Walk away from a fight YOU got yourself into. You can't join a group of people who aren't fond of you, plain and simple. And with your continued effort in trying to 'fit' in, your making things MUCH worse for yourself by claiming you did nothing wrong...I mean look at all the other posters here. Obviously there's a tension between them and yourself.

My point is, why continue to fuel the fire you started making it worse?? Walk away, don't start posting for awhile, and/or change your selfish attention-seeking personality around here.

Oh and what did i mean by 'shit' i was referring to?? I mean this whole act of yours you' re pulling in this thread that got you to be flamed in the first place. Why are the rest of us here, and you deciding to leave?? Think about that REALLY hard.

And also, don't deny what you've already gotten yourself into by this point, because you'd easily be called a liar.

Fair enough. I respect Microplay's opinion and will backdown and apologise to all here.

ModSquad - 8-29-2005 at 10:53 PM

quote:
Edit to say: And Bigfatgoalie, your AIDS comment is totally fucking out of order. It is offensive and you should remove it at once - somebody here might have AIDS for all you know, disgraceful.

I HAVE AIDS!!!!! I for one find it totally offensive that someone would mention it. For the sake of decency can we just wish Evil Wizard got Ass Cancer instead?

quote:
Originally posted by outback jack
To impress Jodie Foster.

This was awesome.

folby - 8-30-2005 at 12:19 AM

quote:

I am not a snob at all and nothing I have posted here suggests that.
I can think of at least three examples of you being a snob in the six degrees of federation thread.
quote:

Now...

The time has finally come - the impossible challenge...
Then you posted a challange that wasn't even particularly difficult, let alone impossible.
quote:
Let's try a really difficult one:

The Ace Crusader to the late Lord Alfred Hayes

I'll be VERY surprised if this is even possible - I'll edit in here if I come up with a way myself (just to say that it IS possible).

).

EDIT: I actually think the one above is impossible. Ace Crusader a.k.a. Snot Seymour is just far too obscure. I only ever saw that promotion (North Carolina) once on the Wrestling Channel and it looked like a 3 or 4 year old taping. I think we'll keep that as an on-gong "Impossible" challenge for the OO Boardsters. I'd be inclined to say that you should actually cheat - look at every website you can for info because I firmly believe that it is NOT POSSIBLE thereby dispelling the "Six Degrees of Federation" theory.
It was possible.
quote:

Please know what words mean before correcting someone's use of a word because its potentially more embarrassing than committing an act of malapropism.

I'll let someone else do yours 2Hot, I wont demean myself to do it.
It's stuff like this that makes me wish you wouldn't go. You were a lot of fun to kick around.

2HoT - 8-30-2005 at 01:23 AM

Lest we forget "Love Notes To Lanny Poffo."

Damn...

Ahm gonna miss ya Banky!

microplay_24 - 8-30-2005 at 01:31 AM

You know, after reading the last two posts, i'm even more ticked off at Mr. Wizard here. Maybe he can perform his best 'magic' yet and disappear from the boards.

[Edited on 8-30-2005 by microplay_24]

ModSquad - 8-30-2005 at 11:03 AM

He just spent a few minutes here, reading the boards and checking the reactions to his thread. Then he logged off. (Hi! I can see when you do that!) I'm guessing he'll leave now forever. You bad bad people drove him off for good. Now he'll show us by being a cool columnist for 411. He'll be so cool that we'll feel bad. I forbid all of you to email him and tell him that anyone who still has a heartbeat can get a column there! You have all made him feel very bad, and he needs to feel good again. Don't tell him about his new job. He's going to make $0 and tell dumb people what shows mean! Good work Calvin!

Chris Is Good517 - 8-30-2005 at 05:46 PM

Gosh, and here I was just starting to like the jerk.

Someone get me a subscription to his column on 411, ASAP!

Operation Retard - 8-30-2005 at 05:49 PM

now he can go over to the 411 board and bitch about us! BOARD WAR! BOARD WAR!

2HoT - 8-30-2005 at 09:17 PM

I hope he does. If they think we are inhospitable, they will be less inclined to migrate in this direction.

Keep the plebes in their place.

fsolomon75 - 8-30-2005 at 10:01 PM

I spent the last 20 minutes skimming through this thread. Jesus Christ, another guy trying to get attention on a online wrestling forum. I'll never understand it. Who exactly are you threatening by saying you're going to another site? If you're going to, just do it and stop spamming this forum.

Firebreaker Chip - 8-30-2005 at 10:18 PM

I think everyone should thank me for getting rid of the Evil Wizard. I was the one who gave him the advice to go to 411. I donít want any gifts just the mere recognition that I, Firebreaker Chip expelled the Evil Wizard from our fair land. You can use this thread to show your outpouring gratitude to me, the Wizard-Slayer.

Operation Retard - 8-30-2005 at 11:07 PM

i'll thank you when you, yourself, go to 411.

2HoT - 8-31-2005 at 12:51 AM

Come back when you're old enough to vote. Then if you manage to rid us of a scourge, we might be inclined to not own you.

GimmickMan - 8-31-2005 at 01:21 AM

I microplay.