Board logo

Buckaroo Banzai on DVD!!!!!!
Shastar - 1-5-2002 at 04:55 PM

yes, all you Blue Blaze Regulars can rejoice, BBAT8D is now out of DVD. I ordered mine two days ago. the Special features section on it says Deleted scenes, Oh we can only hope that that means we get to see the scenes where Jamie Lee Curtis is Buckaroos mother.

Dan (waiting by the mailbox in 5 inches of snow)

Cuthbert - 1-5-2002 at 08:20 PM

The 411 on what is on the disk:
-Audio commentary track with the director and writer, with the writer playing the role of the real Reno through it all.
-a full subtitle track that shows "unknown facts" about the movie as it goes along... such as information about specific shots as the movie is playing, how an effect was made, etc etc.
-An alternate opening with Jamie Lee Curtis *cheers from the crowd*
-a short featurette for the movie, like you see on HBO.
-14 deleted scenes, taken from the work print (meaningg the special effects aren't done and often they have time stamps and stuff on them. usually pretty ugly, but cool to have)
-2 trailers: one new, one old
-character profiles
-details on the jet car
-photo gallery
-an archives section, which is just too cool to explain
-several easter eggs (won't tell you what or how to get them)

that is pretty much it. It also has enhancements for Nuon players, but I don't have one, so don't know what they are.

Enjoiy the disk

odessasteps - 1-7-2002 at 12:10 AM

I wish there had been two versions of the commentary -- one worked and one shoot. I really like the whole "this was real" gimmick, but I love the movie so much I'd have liked to hear more stuff about its creation.

The Jamie Lee Curtis scene is the extended film's prologue and can be blended into the film when you watch it.

Shastar - 1-8-2002 at 01:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Cuthbert
that is pretty much it. It also has enhancements for Nuon players, but I don't have one, so don't know what they are.

Enjoiy the disk

Does anyone else know what a Nuon Player is?

Dan

Cuthbert - 1-9-2002 at 01:05 AM

[quoteDoes anyone else know what a Nuon Player is?

Dan

Yeah, I knwo what Nuon player is. I just said I don't have a system that is enchanced with it.

Shastar - 1-9-2002 at 05:44 AM

quote:

Yeah, I knwo what Nuon player is. I just said I don't have a system that is enchanced with it.

Well, what's a Nuon Player?

Dan (don't make me boot you in the head! I may pull a hamstring and it would make me cry. Have you ever seen a 6' 1" former Marine cry? it's not a pretty site, so just tell us all and spare us the horror, K?)

Cuthbert - 1-10-2002 at 02:49 AM

Nuon is a technology that can be embedded in regular DVD's that allows more versatility in what it allows, in terms of applications... such as more detailed 3-D menu screens, games that you can play on your DVD player, things like that.

So in short, it is basically a technology that allows enhanced DVD's.