Board logo

Run Lola Run
Shastar - 1-5-2002 at 04:51 PM

Yesterday, after hearing over a year of good reviews and my friends constantly raving about it, I picked up the DVD of Run Lola Run.

This is an awesome movie. Think the premise of Groundhog day, only taken very seriously and in a very cool direction. My jaw dropped open in amazement 4 times during this movie. Franka Potente is my new European Dream Girl^_^

Dan (movie mark)


Cuthbert - 1-5-2002 at 08:23 PM

Run Lola Run is amazing. I heard some good stuff about it when it was in theaters so I went to see it and my mind was blown. I pre-ordered the DVD as soon as I could. Not only is the chick hot, but the movie is just amazing, with its "What if" scenarios. Higly underrated movie.

Of course, you will always get bastiches who think they are too good to watch a subtitled movie.


Ultra Magnus - 1-6-2002 at 06:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Cuthbert

Of course, you will always get bastiches who think they are too good to watch a subtitled movie.


Have you *seen* the English audio version on the DVD? My Bosnian friend, of all people, refused to watch it in German wth subtitles...and it SUCKED dubbed. So a disclaimer:

subtitled: good
English-dubbed: bad


Cuthbert - 1-6-2002 at 07:44 PM

Hehe, while I have the DVD, I honestly have never watched the dubbed version of it. Give me the subtitles anyday. regardless of how it comes out (and I believe you that its bad), it just flows better with the original language.


odessasteps - 1-7-2002 at 12:17 AM

When one of the people at our magazine reviewed it, all he did was comment about how the subtitled were translated, different from what they were actually saying in German.


Ultra Magnus - 1-7-2002 at 02:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by odessasteps

When one of the people at our magazine reviewed it, all he did was comment about how the subtitled were translated, different from what they were actually saying in German.




I view subtitles as more of an aid to figure out what's going on, like the dialogue screens in old pre-talkie movies. So long as it's close, I'm happy. Dubbing usually throws the pace of a movie off. The English dub--even if it might hae been more accurate to the German--ruined the timing of the movie, which was the kiss of death for a movie that relies on its pace. Accurate or no, I'll take the subs.


odessasteps - 1-8-2002 at 02:30 AM

Yes, I prefer subtitled to dubbed. I don't think you can make it through film school without learning to love subtitled movies.


Shastar - 1-8-2002 at 02:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by odessasteps
Yes, I prefer subtitled to dubbed. I don't think you can make it through film school without learning to love subtitled movies.


sAme thing with me, only sustitute "Film School Student" with "Anime Fan"

Dan