Board logo

obtuse
Operation Retard - 1-9-2004 at 12:17 AM

all i can say is that your form-letter at the bottom has WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY too much puncuation.

oh yeah, and the column was hilarious

markout - 1-9-2004 at 07:41 AM

The article was hilarious, but the message board that is linked in Jeb's bio for Randy Orton fans is pant-shitting hysterical. I think I'm going to join it and try to get banned.

markout - 1-9-2004 at 07:48 AM

http://randyorton.suddenlaunch2.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=news&num=1071383851&start=45

This is me stirring up shit. God I'm bored...

Operation Retard - 1-9-2004 at 09:30 AM

wow........... just wow.

i just read through that thread.

stupidest. people. alive.

markout - 1-9-2004 at 02:33 PM

Just imagine if I had taken the screen name "ReverseCowboyBoBOrton69". I am awating/hoping for some fallout.

Laner - 1-9-2004 at 03:56 PM

Sweet Zombie Buddah... If you strip out all those f'n ridiculous "signature" images and moronic comments you'd have about a thimblefull of actual content in that thread.

Blown Spot - 1-9-2004 at 04:14 PM

Jeb that was one of the funniest columns I've read in a long time!

Given that, I actually hated it. Perhaps it's due to my clandestine desire to write like you.

outback jack - 1-9-2004 at 05:49 PM

Let's see if Markout gets an "it's all good" for that last post.

Nice to see what they're learning at inner city middle schools these days.

Great column "Jeb", if indeed you are who you say you are,and not a bunch of parents writing by committee.

Canadian Bulldog - 1-9-2004 at 06:22 PM

Sorry -- I now have a NEW favorite quote from that thread:

------------------------------------------------------
If he is a doctor, and he made a "statement" like that about a patient... then he could lose his job.

some one should report him
------------------------------------------------------

yea, that's true, all of what goes on is confidential stuff, he SHOULD lose his job, for two reasons, one, he put THAT sh*t on the internet about top secret stuff AND because he doesn't know what the f**k he's talking about...

It's really too bad Jeb doesn't want us to flame them, because I could see a great InVasion angle out this: The OOwO.

Pistol Pez - 1-9-2004 at 08:12 PM

I'm not sure what led me to think this; perhaps the quick way I scanned the column, just picking the general ideas, but here it is:

Because he's so "pretty," though Randy only knows 5 moves, sloppily performed at that, and he still gets a push, and on top (or over, or whatever you call it); and it occurred to me that's probably true in other, more personal matters as well, and how unfair life is for the "unpretty" in the world.

LuckyLopez - 1-9-2004 at 09:05 PM

Oh, the best is easily when the girl suggests that Jeb needs to take an English course to correct his glaring grammar and construction errors.

Quality piece as always, Jeb. It made me picture HHH leading Randy to the computer screen to read what the "13 year old nerd" wrote and Randy crying...

Canadian Bulldog - 1-9-2004 at 09:25 PM

Don't tempt me... I'll do it, I swear. For a cause as worthy as this, I'd gladly play Disciple to your Hollywood Hogan. "You're either with the OOwO... or you're against us!"

Anyways, I just wanted to say this is the third time I've read the column and I can't stop laughing. Seriously. A great addition to the Randy Orton Hatred trilogy.

Chris Is Good517 - 1-9-2004 at 10:05 PM

You may not be the Hulk Hogan of the OOwO, but I can definitely be the Syxx-Pac... BIATCH

Laner - 1-9-2004 at 10:37 PM

Can I be Scott Norton? 'Cause it rhymes with Orton, ya see...

Canadian Bulldog - 1-9-2004 at 10:46 PM

http://randyorton.suddenlaunch2.com/index.cgi?board=news&action=display&num=1073683334

Damn. I wish I knew who this OOwO guy was.

I invite our fellow OnlineOnslaughtaholics to be equally immature and join the cause.

And Jeb, you're damn right I'm calling your ass out. BE A MAN!!!!

ModSquad004 - 1-9-2004 at 11:19 PM

Smoley, you rule! Why? Because of your sig at the Orton Appreciation Forum:

Laughed so damn hard, I nearly hit myself with the banning stick!

markout - 1-9-2004 at 11:47 PM

I've started an invasion.

And from what I can tell, when the inevitable flame war begins, the mods will shut the site down. Apparently they've had a problem with that sort of thing. Go figure...

Canadian Bulldog - 1-10-2004 at 12:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by markout
I've started an invasion.

That would make you Scott Hall.

Chris Is Good517 - 1-10-2004 at 04:17 AM

They already have someone as OOWOHater. This shit is priceless. And also, I need a life.

markout - 1-10-2004 at 06:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Canadian Bulldog

That would make you Scott Hall.

Excellent! I'll be off getting drunk...

Chris Is Good517 - 1-10-2004 at 09:49 AM

OK, I'm stumped... is BenjiMack someone from here? If so, that has got to be the funniest goddam thing I've ever seen... "this is MY dream team"

outback jack - 1-10-2004 at 05:57 PM

"He's a wrestler, not a brain sergion" - I guess that No Child Left Behind program isn't working.

However, Mr Justin B totally roxurz!!!!!!!!

The new thread where the mod tells them to stay on topic is great - all the little kiddies lining up to promise to be good until Bulldog gets there. Given the # of posts their resident heel posters have, they clearly have no clue how to ban anyone.

Chris Is Good517 - 1-10-2004 at 11:08 PM

I don't have the heart to torture these poor girls anymore. It's like pushing the elderly down a flight of stairs... a barrel of laughs initially, but once the laughter subsides, what have you really accomplished?

markout - 1-10-2004 at 11:17 PM

We should stop. They seem to have some troublemakers that are doing that on their own. Let's just let them be, although I have every intention of rubbernecking during the fallout that we seem to have caused.

Besides, we've been outed. See the "Comments About Other Webistes" forum.

Christina - 1-11-2004 at 03:17 AM

Gee, thanks for ruining the entire forum for us.
We finally get the boards back open, and here you come to ruin it again. We got the point after 3 members that you people don't like Randy or any of his fans. We could care less if you do. I don't care about 2 or 3 members making a couple posts dissing Randy and his fans, that happens. But you just went and ruined the entire forum.
I hope you feel all big and bad now, I mean, come on, I would too if I just got done making fun of 14 and 15 year old girls and I was a grown male.

If that's what you REALLY wanted, well you got it.

Chris Is Good517 - 1-11-2004 at 04:07 AM

I never said I didn't like Randy, I just don't like people that use the internet to methodically butcher the English language...

No, no... wait. You're right, I don't like Randy either. Damn.

Edit: By the way, you're welcome *hugs*

[Edited on 1-11-2004 by Chris Is Good517]

ModSquad - 1-11-2004 at 04:14 AM

Christina,

I don't have all the answers for you, but I do have some questions/comments, and I'll try to explain what I can.

quote:
Originally posted by Christina
Gee, thanks for ruining the entire forum for us.

I went over and checked out what was going on. I think you're overstating things. The OO posters were at your site for two days, and already seem to have agreed to let the gag go. It doesn't seem like anyone from here posted in the "off-topic discussion" forum or the plugs forum, so that's two forums that are entirely pristine. So I'm still wondering how two days of people posting in only one part of the site ruins the "entire forum."

quote:
We finally get the boards back open, and here you come to ruin it again.

I don't know if you're saying that we ruined it again because "we ruined it the first time" or if you just worded things badly. I'm know OOsters never messed around on your board before. And I still don't think that two days of posting in maybe five threads "ruins" a message board forum.

I'm biased. I was here on these forums before IP banning, and I remember days after days of individually deleting over 100 pictures of human shit from these boards. I don't mean 100 pictures total over days or weeks. I mean about 100 pictures EACH DAY in every forum for days at a time. So the idea that a bunch of people showing up on a message board to share ideas different from yours -- which what discussion boards are FOR -- doesn't strike me as a big deal. Not being able to click open a thread without seeing a five-inch tall picture of shit, THAT strikes me as ruin.

quote:
We got the point after 3 members that you people don't like Randy or any of his fans. We could care less if you do. I don't care about 2 or 3 members making a couple posts dissing Randy and his fans, that happens. But you just went and ruined the entire forum.

It really only seems like three or four members, and they only made about ten posts each. And they're done. So the ruin thing still seems like a bit much. Especially when you've got these two posters over there:
Jason-TMCS -- with 658 posts
DEvolution_X -- with 122 posts.

Just a quick glance over there showed me that these guys start and carry out most of your flame wars. They have a combined 780 posts between them. Two jerks being jerks for over 700 posts goes a lot farther than maybe 40 posts from guys who admit the joke's over.

Besides, you have OO people linking to your forum, which means that you may get more curious people who LIKE Orton showing up to see what your forum is about. Linkage increases views and may get you new good members. One of those OO-related threads had a 2,064 view-count. Your site got a lot of people's attention for a while there. Maybe that attention wasn't all good, but some of it might be.

quote:
I hope you feel all big and bad now, I mean, come on, I would too if I just got done making fun of 14 and 15 year old girls and I was a grown male.

If that's what you REALLY wanted, well you got it.

I don't think that was anyone's intention. If it was, I apologize for the forum member in question. But based on some of the nasty stuff that 14 and 15 year-old girls felt comfortable mailing to Jeb Lund (a grown male), it seems like they can take care of themselves.

Even though I don't think you're going to want to stick around, welcome to the OO message boards. Feel free to try to make some converts to Randy's cause. I think you'd find that there are plenty of people on this board who think Orton's a good wrestler. There are also plenty of nice people around here, even though you do kind of get hazed for a week or so.

EDIT: I guess ChrisIsGood just blew away my apology. Ignore him.

[Edited on 1-11-2004 by ModSquad]

Chris Is Good517 - 1-11-2004 at 04:49 AM

Okay, now I feel pretty bad... we all got caught up in a moment of immaturity, trying to stick up for one of our own, and when you came over to plead your case, I acted like a jerk. So Christina, I apologize for that. You have every right to ask us to leave y'all alone. Jeb, I apologize to you for trying to fight your battles without being asked, and Rick, I apologize to you because all of us reflect on this site, and you especially.
Randy Orton, I offer no apologies to. It isn't MY fault you're overrated.

Christina - 1-11-2004 at 05:03 AM

Okay, I apologize if my quote things are messed up, I don't quote things on message boards too much.

quote:
Originally posted by ModSquad
I went over and checked out what was going on. I think you're overstating things. The OO posters were at your site for two days, and already seem to have agreed to let the gag go. It doesn't seem like anyone from here posted in the "off-topic discussion" forum or the plugs forum, so that's two forums that are entirely pristine. So I'm still wondering how two days of people posting in only one part of the site ruins the "entire forum."

Yeah, I did overstate things a bit, although we had a couple of the most active members leave the boards because of what went on. I guess that's what I meant more or less.

quote:
I don't know if you're saying that we ruined it again because "we ruined it the first time" or if you just worded things badly. I'm know OOsters never messed around on your board before. And I still don't think that two days of posting in maybe five threads "ruins" a message board forum.
So the idea that a bunch of people showing up on a message board to share ideas different from yours -- which what discussion boards are FOR -- doesn't strike me as a big deal. Not being able to click open a thread without seeing a five-inch tall picture of shit, THAT strikes me as ruin.

No, I didn't mean you guys ruined it the first time. I guess my "again" was a little out of place. I know that they were just stating their opinion, but a couple were to the point of spamming and/or stating their opinion in... well... not the nicest way. And that kind of bugged me.

quote:
It really only seems like three or four members, and they only made about ten posts each. And they're done. So the ruin thing still seems like a bit much. Especially when you've got these two posters over there:
Jason-TMCS -- with 658 posts
DEvolution_X -- with 122 posts.

Just a quick glance over there showed me that these guys start and carry out most of your flame wars. They have a combined 780 posts between them. Two jerks being jerks for over 700 posts goes a lot farther than maybe 40 posts from guys who admit the joke's over.

You've got a point there.

quote:
Besides, you have OO people linking to your forum, which means that you may get more curious people who LIKE Orton showing up to see what your forum is about. Linkage increases views and may get you new good members. One of those OO-related threads had a 2,064 view-count. Your site got a lot of people's attention for a while there. Maybe that attention wasn't all good, but some of it might be.

That is true... but so far I've gotten the vibe that aren't too many Orton fans here, lol.

quote:
I don't think that was anyone's intention. If it was, I apologize for the forum member in question. But based on some of the nasty stuff that 14 and 15 year-old girls felt comfortable mailing to Jeb Lund (a grown male), it seems like they can take care of themselves.

I guess I haven't seen the worst of what has been e-mailed to him. I still, however think some of the things said on the board were not very appropriate and pretty harsh.

quote:
Even though I don't think you're going to want to stick around, welcome to the OO message boards. Feel free to try to make some converts to Randy's cause. I think you'd find that there are plenty of people on this board who think Orton's a good wrestler. There are also plenty of nice people around here, even though you do kind of get hazed for a week or so.

I actually think this site is ok, and wouldn't mind sticking around to post other things, even though the original reason I registered here was to talk about this, seeing as I could post the same thing on RandyOrton.net to the same people and not have gotten the same response. I thought this was a better bet.
I only have a thing against a few people on here, not the whole board. I even think Jeb is ok too, regardless that he wrote the article. Just kind of upset at the few people who came to boards and had their "fun". I may stick around, may not.

Anyways, my first post was kind of... exagerated, I was getting kind of annoyed at that point.

[Edited on 1-11-2004 by Christina]

[Edited on 1-11-2004 by Christina]

LuckyLopez - 1-11-2004 at 05:40 AM

Lets see... I have no part in this, didn't post over in the other board and my words have far less importance or impact than the Mod's... so, sure, I guess I'll say it anyway.

Christina, on behalf of the 98% or 99% of OO posters who had absolutely nothing to do with any of this I'd like to say both "sorry for the immaturity that plagued your board for a few days" and "you really should deal with it." I'd like to feel genuinely bad but I can't for a number of reasons.

1) As was already said it was less than half a dozen guys posting for less than 3 days. AS best as I could tell it was isolated to 2 or 3 threads. It was assholes being assholes (but assholes I love) but we certainly don't have the monopoly on those. If members of your forum are willing to insult a writer and send him nasty emails because he insulted your favorite wrestler it seems a tad thin skinned to be turned off to members of our forum who are willing to insult people who they feel insulted their peer/writer. I'm not so much laying this on you, since you seem to be an intelligent and well spoken young lady who sought a discourse, but rather it comes in response to the number of posts on the other board I read that amounted to "you shouldn't post if you disagree."

2) Some of the posts that I saw were certainly disruptive and immature and I feel for you as far as they go. A chunk of them were also relatively balanced arguements made either in defense of Mr. Lund or against Mr. Orton. And yet right in the middle of the "OOwO" mess I saw a debate break out between two seeming regulars of the Orton board over whether "fags" were ok or "sick." Clearly (as Modsquad already said) there was already a poor element on your board before anyone from here even heard of it. What's more the things said by your "bad boys" would surely have them dismissed from our board with little delay.

3) I personally doubt that some of your "best posters" left due to a minor barrage of trolling. In fact IF they left your board permanently after such a short "invasion" and without giving the moderators the time to sort it out or the "invaders" a chance to get over it they hardly seem like incredibly worthwhile members of your little community. If you are someone unable to get them back after this clearl laying down of arms I would question the maturity level of such individuals. You're an open forum and thus must expect the occasion bad influence or rush of idiocy. Lord knows we do... even sometimes from within our own ranks (myself included). Its the flip side of receiving new and interesting voices and constructive members of your group.

That all beings aid I DO have empathy for your plight. The act was generally stupid (as most participants seemed to volounteer even before your arrival) and probably shouldn't have happened. And yes, there's a certain question of chivalry and maturity that seemed a bit missing. But I'm not sure what real harm it did and if it did do only I suggest that the problem might have stemmed a bit deeper (such as posters leaving or the apparant fear of the board closing).

And I too extend an invitation for you to enjoy your stay here. If you do you will surely find a good share of even minded and intelligent individuals... and even a few folks who like Randy Orton (if ModSquad says they're here I believe him). You'll also find quite a few assholes. And quite often those two groups will intersect. And of course there is the entertaining, intelligent and insightful writing featured from our host page and Mr. Scaia and his crew.

Of course if you don't I won't take it too personal. But ModSquad... he's really sensitive.

[Edited on 1-11-2004 by LuckyLopez]

outback jack - 1-12-2004 at 05:39 PM

Something that could brighten the Mods' day: Devolution X did post that he was joining the OO Boards. The special banning stick could get some use.

I particularly liked his exchange with one of the ooWo pretending to be a retarded Kane/Randy fan (JustinBMarking - who could that be?) - the guy obviously had no clue who some of the stealth OO contingent were and missed the other guys' humorous intent entirely. Awesomely clueless!

In all honesty, the nice 12yo kids on that board would face less hostility on this board than what they face from their own resident poop-tossing primates.

[Edited on 1-12-2004 by outback jack]