Board logo

2 weeks till Judgment Day,and 3 matches already announce
Big Homey Shawn - 5-1-2004 at 05:31 PM

Bradshaw vs.Eddie, Despite what people say,I actually want too see this match to see how Bradshaw do. If Eddie have a great match with Bradshaw,he will no doubt be the best wrestler in the WWE,second to none.

Booker vs.Taker, I don't really care about Taker. They should trade Taker to Raw for Jericho,Hurricane and Kane. Hopefully, Booker will win somehow. I actually think Booker is going to win since Angle and Booker keep bringing up that Booker is the best on Smackdown.

Rene vs.Cena, I like Cena in long matches. His matches on Smackdown have been short lately. I think if they give this match 15 or more minutes, it would be very good and fun.Dupree is only 20,that's young.

Debut of Mordecai

Matches that might be added

RVD and Spike vs.The Dudleyz, I think it make sense to add Spike to this fued. This match will probably be a tables match and I hate tables matches. A ECW rules match would be much better.

Rey vs.Chavo, Rey have nothing better to do. Rey and Chavo only had one match this year that I can remember. That one match was great though.I would like to see a triple threat between Rey,Chavo and Noble.

Rico and Haas vs.Rikishi/Scotty, This match will most likely happen.Rikishi/Scotty have a rematch clause. Rico need to calm down a bit and wrestle more.

Have a update next week

TarheelMike - 5-1-2004 at 05:44 PM

I'll let everyone else dissect this one before I jump in. But I will say that this was one of the most pointless posts I've ever read...

Maybe it's just the format. Hell, screw it!

Where do you deduce that Rikishi and Scotty will get their rematch at the PPV? I mean, sure it could happen, but they weren't even on SD this week.

Just as Rey wasn't on either...and don't ya think this mystery opponent Chavo's facing this week will probably make for a better PPV program than a guy who's been mid-carding Velocity for the last month?

Dupree and Cena in a 15 minute match? Remember the Brock/Cena snoozer from Backlash last year? It could be fun, but the match itself isn't going to be anything to watch.

You may be a Bradshaw apologist, but this entire angle sucks, and nobody with any sense is putting down $35 or so for THIS match. Eddie making a good match out of it wouldn't make him the best wrestler in the Fed today, but it would lend support in that direction. There is that Benoit fellow over on RAW, remember?

But bring the update next week. Maybe more matches will be announce.

ModSquad - 5-1-2004 at 07:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TarheelMike
I'll let everyone else dissect this one before I jump in. But I will say that this was one of the most pointless posts I've ever read...

It not just you,everyoen I think has pointless post seen this one more than anything.,

But ,we better not make fun too much,because he might BUG UP the board. He have identity on this board, three identity on 411,the Mule and two Porvost.com. He come back not matter what.

doublee - 5-1-2004 at 07:49 PM

You know it is kind of scary to think that we are 2 weeks from this PPV and other than the three set matches there is no general feel for how the rest of the card will flesh out.

As far as the tag titles go anyone from the Bashem's to Scotty/Rikishi to the Dudz or anyone else in between could be wrestling Haas/Rico at the PPV. Haas/Rico won the titles out of nowhere and SD! has done nothing to build any sort of storylines with the tag scene other than Haas being repulsed by Rico's antics. My guess would be that Rikishi/Scotty get the match due to the fact that they are due a rematch and outside of the Dudz are the only other tag team to get extended airtime on SD! since 'Mania.

The same can be said for the Cruiser title as well. But, Mike is right whoever he faces next week will probably get the PPV match. My guesses are that he will be facing either Hardy, Hurricane, or Sexay. The tone seems to be set for someone who is currently not on the SD! roster making an appearance next week. Chavo probably escapes by cheating to win the match thus setting up a re-match at the PPV.

I am curious to see how they get this PPV to go more than 2 hours. At this point I can only see Cena/Dupree even cracking the 20 minute mark while keeping it interesting enough to want to watch.

I doubt that Bradshaw has the chops to go more than 15 minutes in a match. When was the last time 'Taker wrestled more than a 10-15 minute match?

madiq - 5-2-2004 at 12:30 AM

That probably means we'll see an elimination tag match...

Endo - 5-2-2004 at 01:29 AM

With Heyman doing the whole building a stable thing I'd almost rather see him take his "extreme" Dudleys and just raise hell rather than be in any particular match. Random chairshots, 3-D, establish Heyman as a rulebreaker that even Angle doesn't want around.

Rico and Charles should defend against someone, maybe Akio and Sakoda? Put Bashems and Hotty-Rikishi in a #1 contender's match, Chavo's got whoever his opponent is, Rey and Noble don't have anything to do, so they'll probably go at it (story? #1 contender's match again). We've got Taker-Booker (with Special Guest Monkey Wrench Mordecai), have Spike turn and go against RVD, Eddie-Bradshaw, Dupree-Cena, and you've go enough matches to flesh the card. Quality? Remains to be seen.

doublee - 5-2-2004 at 05:04 PM

Oh, I have no doubt that they will figure out a way to fill out the card. I just question whether or not they will find a way to make fans care about the remainder of the card. Personally, I am having trouble caring about what is there already.

TarheelMike - 5-2-2004 at 05:22 PM

Here's an idea... why not do the Cruiserweight Open thing here?? Unlike at WMXX, there will be more than enough time for everybody and that would rock the house. Of course, that means it won't happen.

While SD was better this week, I still have absolutely NO interest in the PPV and am personally waiting for it to pass in hope that JBL will be out of the title picture and back in the mid-card where he can tweak his gimmick and really get it working. Because while he's generally speaking the truth in this angle, we know we're supposed to cheer for the better man (wrestler) in this case, Eddie Guerrero. It's just all screwed up.

LuckyLopez - 5-2-2004 at 06:32 PM

You know, in the "CW Open" direction... I'd LOVE to see a nice CW 6 man, 4 corner match. You give me Noble vs Mysterio vs Kidman vs Akio vs London vs Nunzio in a #1 contender's match and promise me 15 minutes and I SWEAR I'll but my first PPV in quite some time. This match seems ideal to use from time to time when you have a CW division loaded with talent, spots and little character buildup and yet the only time I can remember seeing the WWE use it was probably 4 or 5 years ago with a European title match that included Gangrel.

But I'm just saying... I have no actual designs to fantasy book the PPV... just thinking outloud...

EDIT:

quote:
Originally posted by TarHeelMike
While SD was better this week, I still have absolutely NO interest in the PPV and am personally waiting for it to pass in hope that JBL will be out of the title picture and back in the mid-card where he can tweak his gimmick and really get it working. Because while he's generally speaking the truth in this angle, we know we're supposed to cheer for the better man (wrestler) in this case, Eddie Guerrero. It's just all screwed up.

Mike, maybe I'm misunderstanding you. I can certainly understand why one might say "JBL's speaking the truth" as it pertains to the general idea of immigration that seems to not even be remotely the point of his character. He's blanketed all Mexicans as "illegals" without proof, patrolled the borders to beat up on people and generally made racist and insulting comments (and actions) towards all he's met. The point seems to be that he's not an actual patriot but rather an intolerant abusive redneck using patriotism as a shield. I haven't paid a world of attention so maybe I missed something... and again, maybe I just misread you... but that seemed like an odd comment.

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by LuckyLopez]

TarheelMike - 5-2-2004 at 06:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by LuckyLopez
Mike, maybe I'm misunderstanding you. I can certainly understand why one might say "JBL's speaking the truth" as it pertains to the general idea of immigration that seems to not even be remotely the point of his character. He's blanketed all Mexicans as "illegals" without proof, patrolled the borders to beat up on people and generally made racist and insulting comments (and actions) towards all he's met. The point seems to be that he's not an actual patriot but rather an intolerant abusive redneck using patriotism as a shield. I haven't paid a world of attention so maybe I missed something... and again, maybe I just misread you... but that seemed like an odd comment.

What you said is what I meant. I just didn't add the clarification on the end of mine. That's my bad. JBL's got the right idea as far as the problem goes, but since he's a heel, he has to go about correcting the problem by nefarious means. Personally, I think the angle is borderline offensive, leaning on the offensive side, and I'm trying to figure out what Eddie did to deserve this shit.

And that is what puzzles me about the current direction of SD. Why push this arguably offensive angle as your top storyline? And why do it under the guise of a heel's patriotism? I don't remember Angle ever acting like a racist when he was spewing forth his three I's and running his mouth about what an American hero he was for winning a gold medal. This is almost as ridiculous as Sgt. Slaughter joining the Iraqi army to get some heat.