Board logo

WWE 2K Games Thread
DKBroiler - 10-21-2019 at 07:43 PM

Since no one actually clicks on the tech page, I figured we may as well open up a WWE2K related thread to keep everything in one easily identifiable and unified place.

Since 2K20 launches tomorrow - despite poor reviews - I figured Iíd post a guide on ďHow to make your WWE 2K Universe Not SuckĒ. All of this info is from WWE 2K19 and before but is likely still pertinent. Following this guide will help you ďtrainĒ your universe so you donít spend all year wondering why Otis and Zach Ryder keep main eventing each episode of Raw.

ó-

Step 1 - before you do ANYTHING download everything you can from the create suite that other people have made. No Kenny Omega? No big deal. Someone will have very good to great create a wrestler, arenas or shows up within hours of launch. Last year there was a limit of 20 downloads per day.

Step 2 - Edit your superstar ratings. You donít have to go crazy and edit everyoneís moves and entrances - although in some cases you may want to - but definitely edit the ratings. I personally like to have my world championship contenders be rated 90-99 with 99 being reserved for guys like 80s Hogan whereas a guy like Kofi should probably be like a 90. This part can take a while but youíll be happy you did it in the end. Usually 80-89 are for the IC level stars, with 70-79 being the mid card fodder. I donít think Iíve ever rated someone below a 60 as 60 makes them into jobbers who can be squashed in 2 minutes - like how it should be.

DKBroiler - 10-21-2019 at 07:51 PM

Continued ...

Step 3 - Create your shows and divide up your roster. There is no ďrightĒ way to do this but Iíve found that putting all the ladies and cruiserweights on one show leads to more well-rounded PPVs.

Step 4 - This is where is gets complicated. Under each ďshowĒ you will see a list of championships and a button for rankings. THIS BUTTON IS HOW YOU END UP WITH DIFFERENT FEUDS! Letís say you have the WWE championship assigned to Smackdown. Go into the championship rankings and set your contenders. 5, 10, 20 whatever. This is how you guarantee that Brock will face a main eventer YOU want and not Zach Ryder.

Step 5 - Set the match types for each show. In the same area as step 4 you will see something that says ďmatch typesĒ. When you click on it youíll probably notice that each show is pretty generic. Itíll say something like ď50% 1 on 1, 25% tag etcĒ and needs to be changed. Add in stuff like 8-man tag at 5% or battle royal at 10% and bam, fresh matches. Personally I like to set each show up so they all have a different flavor.

DKBroiler - 10-21-2019 at 07:59 PM

Continued ...

Step 6 - Repeat steps 4 and 5 for every title on every show. This will ensure everyone has something to fight for.

Step 7 - Make sure any PPVs on your calendar have the right rosters assigned to them and edit their match types accordingly as well.

At this point you should be ready to rock and roll. Personally I usually save it and simulate a full year just to make sure there wasnít something odd I missed. Then once Iím happy I just play only the PPVs but thatís me. I let the CPU book the weekly shows based off the parameters I laid out and just jump from one PPV to the next. Sometimes there are repeats when a rivalry is big enough but usually I end up with pretty fresh and logical match ups.

Lastly - once you are comfortable with the controls - take all the user interface off and put the difficulty on Hall of Fame. It ends up playing very similar to how TV goes. Generally I just choose whoever is on the right side of the screen and win 50% of the time.

Hope this helps. Feel free to add on or post any questions. 2K gives you a lot of tools but does a piss poor job of explaining them. Iíll be happy to help with any questions. Thanks!

CamstunPWG187 - 10-22-2019 at 02:44 AM

I click in the tech page, and discussion about it has gone on there about how shit this game looks.

Fuck this game. It deserves as much attention as we gave it in the tech page.

The end.

[Edited on 10-22-2019 by CamstunPWG187]

nOOb - 10-22-2019 at 01:34 PM

Hereís the breakdown of the game:

-Announced two months before it was scheduled to release (two months later than usual).
-Featured a major change in the development (or ďcreativeĒ) process in that two months early.
-Didnít announce any members of the roster until two weeks before release.
-No longer refers to its DLC as DLC but instead falls it ďOriginalsĒ.
-Seems to have abandoned quality for the sake of highlighting its new creatorís (kind of like a TV network of sorts) fancy new bells and whistles

So basically this is the most WWE WWE game to ever WWE.

DKBroiler - 10-22-2019 at 06:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nOOb
Hereís the breakdown of the game:

-Announced two months before it was scheduled to release (two months later than usual).
-Featured a major change in the development (or ďcreativeĒ) process in that two months early.
-Didnít announce any members of the roster until two weeks before release.
-No longer refers to its DLC as DLC but instead falls it ďOriginalsĒ.
-Seems to have abandoned quality for the sake of highlighting its new creatorís (kind of like a TV network of sorts) fancy new bells and whistles

So basically this is the most WWE WWE game to ever WWE.

I played it last night for 2 solid hours. Here is a rational review from someone who doesnít need YouTube clicks.

Iíll start with the bad stuff.

The ďMy PlayerĒ cut scenes are shockingly low quality to look at. The writing is good enough but they truly are 2005 level graphics. If you can get past the cut scenes being ugly - I certainly can - there is actually a really good amount of depth. The other bad thing is that yes, some character models arenít great with The Rock being awful. The last issue was that there was a lot of clipping with clothes in cut scenes and environments in matches.

Iím not sure if the first issue can be patched but Iíd be shocked if everything else isnít patched in the next few weeks. These are absolutely not game breaking bugs. NBA 2K has been patched 5 or 6 times already in a month.

By the time Thanksgiving rolls around Iíd guess many of the issues people had will be a distant memory.

Now the good stuff ...

My Player has a TON of depth in the creation suite and needing a male and female character is a nice touch. The matches look as good as ever and aside from The Rock the character models are accurate. That part has been blown way out of proportion.

Theyíve also made it much easier to get into a match online now that people can host lobbies and have added a metric shit ton of unlockables. The weapon wheel can now be altered and is available in every match, and you can unlock like 10 different chairs or baseball bats or even a big ass lollipop to beat people with.

Universe has also been expanded so you can have larger PPVs and many other very small quality of life improvements.

Summary - This is definitely not a ďOMG you must buy this nowĒ or the heaping pile of dung YouTube made it out to be. It definitely does need a patch or two but those will come because 2K always releases things early and then patches things repeatedly. Overall if you liked 2K19 then you should like 2K20. It you are very casual about these games skipping this year wonít kill you but if you were hardcore about 19 then you should probably get 20 because everything 19 did, 20 does better aside from the ugly cut scenes and whatever the fuck The Rock was supposed to be.

Overall - 6.5/10, probably gets to a 7.5/10 after a patch.

punkerhardcore - 10-23-2019 at 04:33 PM

The general consensus seems to be, "this game is a completely broken mess." Some of the videos floating around of the glitches are fucking hilarious-- https://www.pcgamer.com/wwe-2k20-is-ridiculous/

CamstunPWG187 - 10-23-2019 at 04:42 PM

Thanks for letting us know about anything other than the side modes.

JFC, you review a wrestling game and donít even discuss the engine, how it plays, or anything related to it?

EDIT: In fact, after having clicked into the page Punker just shared, watching a litany of other videos on Youtube, and sharing laughs about it with my significant other, all i can think of is this quote from your review, DK:

ďThese are not game breaking glitchesĒ

.....go fuck yourself. This is some fanboy shit.

First if all, you actually bought it, making yourself part of the overall problem with these games and their rushed, glitchy development cycles. You basically just told WWE that this shit is cool, and that no matter how fucking rough it is, youíll happily put half a years worth of Network money into their pocket on top of the 120 you qlreqdy shove into their mouths.

Secondly, you dared to write a review addressing everything besides the, you know, actual fucking gameplay. I donít care how you value side modes in video games (and obviously you do, and there isnít anything wrong eith that), but to completely gloss over how the game plays, the engine, or anything else was so blatant that it felt intentional, as if you purposefully avoided talking about it so as to not have to force yourself to publicly defend such a shit fucking product.

Then, finally, you had the balls to state the game was no only passable in your review score, but then gave it a hypothetical bump up to even being ďgoodĒ once the inevitable patches are hammered in.

That was some bullshit mate. And if you wanna come back at me and say ďfuck you, my enjoyment of it is entirely my opinionĒ, well guess what, your opinion on games like this obviously fucking sucks.

Edit 2: Iím expecting DKís reply to be similar to Homer knocking out Burns after Burns went on that infamous tirade about how much Homer sucked ass at that moment in time.

[Edited on 10-23-2019 by CamstunPWG187]

DKBroiler - 10-23-2019 at 07:32 PM

I played it for 2 hours. Sorry I didnít do anything you wanted between midnight and 2 AM.

That aside I got to play it for a few more hours and ran into many more glitches. Many will surely be patched out but, yes, there are a lot of problems and anyone looking to buy it should probably wait a month.

Edit - I removed a bunch of references to the C word because Iím trying to not let trolls win any more.

[Edited on 10-23-2019 by DKBroiler]

janerd75 - 10-23-2019 at 08:37 PM

Cam be like...

DK be like...

Janny be like...

CamstunPWG187 - 10-23-2019 at 10:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DKBroiler
I played it for 2 hours. Sorry I didnít do anything you wanted

[Edited on 10-23-2019 by DKBroiler]

Like, you know, playing the actual meat of the game?

2 hours was enough time given to individual guests at E3 2016 to determine whether or not Breath of the Wild was a GOTY contender or sucked total ass. Yes and no, respectively BTW.

Are you telling me that within 2 hours, you didnít have enough of a grasp of the overall gameplay to give us details about it in your review?

Despite my ire, I must commend DK on caring about the game enough to actually review it. Fortunately for WWE, at this very moment, Metacritic has ZERO reviews on the game and GameRankings considers a single review from Forbes to be worthy of their review round-up.

They generously gave it a 5.25/10

Maybe WWE is using their Blood Money to keep reviews at bay and waiting for Saudi reviews from that E.T. Landfill-sized amount of free copies they shipped over there this past weekend.

[Edited on 10-23-2019 by CamstunPWG187]

[Edited on 10-24-2019 by CamstunPWG187]

Paddlefoot - 10-23-2019 at 11:36 PM

Much like the aforementioned E.T. by Atari, WWE 2K20 will also be a collectors item some 35 to 40 years in the future. As opposed to the E.T. game though the only existent copies by that time will not be found in a landfill in New Mexico. Instead they will only be found under the bones of tens of thousands of dead Houthis in a mass grave in Yemen. Also found in the grave will be copious numbers of spent US-issue 5.56mm shell casings and, inexplicably, thousands and thousands of WWE-issue t-shirts featuring Brock Lesnar, DX, The Undertaker, and Roman Reigns.

williamssl - 10-24-2019 at 02:00 AM

IGN sure seems to love it

quote:

WWE 2K19 looked like it stopped the downward trend for the series, but WWE 2K20 doubles back, breaks its ankle, and tumbles down the slope. Fundamental parts that felt totally fine in WWE 2K19 now feel clumsy, the impressive roster of 238 superstars is all but meaningless when a majority of them look like they crawled out of a PS2-era wrestling game, and while 2K20ís MyCareer mode offers a better wrestling story mode than most previous WWE 2K games, thatís a low bar to clear Ė itís still saddled with bad progression and a plodding pace. This is a mess that 2K needs to clean up in a hurry.

CamstunPWG187 - 10-24-2019 at 06:07 AM

Iím surprised they didnít give it a bumped score for when they drop the inevitable patches!!

5.3/10

Everyone, donít fucking buy this game. Speak with your wallets. Donít be a fanboy.

Hey, Iíll even quote IGNís review a bit more, so hereís the GAMEPLAY portion if it:

ďBut the biggest difference is just how sloppy the actual wrestling feels to control. WWE 2K games have had years that were relatively light on new features before, but theyíve always been able to get by because the wrestling itself has been consistently solid thanks to seven years of iteration and improvement. But with 2K20, the wrestling is actually significantly worse than before, and thatís the worst possible mistake it could make. Targeting feels terrible, leading to more frustrating whiffs than ever before; enemy AI flip-flops between being dumb to the point of just walking into the ropes for 10 seconds and being a literal machine that effortlessly reverses every finisher you throw its way; weapons miss when they feel like they should hit and hit when it feels like they should miss; and limbs and objects clip through each other constantly. None of these issues are entirely new, but they happen much more frequently in 2K20 than in prior years.Ē

And here is the glitch list!!

Then there are the bugs.Over the course of my playtime, I have encountered:

-Characters being completely invisible in cutscenes.
-Constant lighting-related glitches, including one scene where my characters were covered in shadows the whole time.
-Stairs sinking into the mat after powerbombing a wrestler onto them, causing a nightmarish scenario where the stairs then try to erupt through the mat.
-Bianca Belairís hair turning into what can only be described as a petrified snake.
-Becky Lynchís Backlash attire turning into an abomination in the character editor mode.
-A hard crash whenever I try to remove Kaneís mask in the editor.
-Commentary getting moves wrong, incorrectly stating a match is for a title or when itís not, on top of the other usual narration woes that WWE 2K fans are all too familiar with at this point.
-The main title screen getting super laggy and chugging to about 15-20 FPS, which was only fixed by a restart.
-Luke Harper's entrance music is a 5 second loop that plays over his Bludgeon -Brothers music.
-Just in general, so many crashes.

The WWE 2K games have always been pretty buggy, but 2K20 is well beyond what should be acceptable for a $60 game. The frequent crashes make it extremely discouraging to want to start it up again, and while some of the glitches that happen mid-match can be entertaining in their own way, they also are frequent enough that they quickly lose their charm

[Edited on 10-24-2019 by CamstunPWG187]

DKBroiler - 10-24-2019 at 03:03 PM

First patch has been announced for Monday. I doubt it will fix everything but, as I stated earlier, NBA2K20 has been patched at least 5 times in a month. It was almost as bad at launch as this one (2K is notorious for putting out NBA in an unfinished state) and is totally fine now. If they follow the same pattern, I would expect this game to be totally fixed within a month.

You can shit on the overall bad business practice that this is but the whole industry now does this. I once sent EA Sports a nasty email about how bad one Madden launch was and the developer responded letting me know that there are more hours of testing done in the first hour after launch then the full development cycle. Aside from an open beta there is no way to simulate tens of thousands of people all hitting the server at once, not to mention digging into game aspects that have been quality checked by 4-5 people for a few hours each.

Itís not an excuse, itís just the way it is.

Anyway, I got to play some more. Overall I think the things that need instant fixes are visual bugs (Iíve seen nothing like the YouTube worst of videos when playing for what itís worth), and some stability enhancements. Normal shit. Some of the character models need a massive touch up as well.

The MyPlayer mode online is still very good once you get your toon to look how you want. Since this is the primary mode I play - not sure why it was described as a side mode - Iím not regretting my purchase.

punkerhardcore - 10-24-2019 at 03:48 PM

So in summary, it's a total mess, thrown together by a team who may or may not have really known what they were doing... and in the end, the team released a turd of a product, with the promise to fix things soon enough.

Sounds like the most realistic WWE game ever made, to me.

DKBroiler - 10-24-2019 at 03:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by punkerhardcore
So in summary, it's a total mess, thrown together by a team who may or may not have really known what they were doing... and in the end, the team released a turd of a product, with the promise to fix things soon enough.

More or less.

CamstunPWG187 - 10-24-2019 at 05:27 PM

quote:

You can shit on the overall bad business practice that this is but the whole industry now does this.

Lies. Outright lies with no supporting details. Borderlands 3 didnít launch like this. God of War didnít. Tons of games release whole, ready to play, and donít require microstransactions and DLC paywalls to get the most out of the game. For example:

Super Mario Maker 2
God Of War
Spider-Man
Astral Chain
Linkís Awakening Remake
Yooka-Layley and the Impossible lair
Valfaris
Super Smash Bros.
Zelda: breath of the Wild
Super Mario Odyssey
The Last Guardian
DOOM
WOLFENSTEIN: New Colossus

Obviously you want to just stick to *Sterling whiney voice* TRIIIIPLE AAAAAAAAA publishers like EA and 2K who like to use predatory, enabling tactics and release micro transaction/DLC-laden schlock that youíre just happy to buy.

Nintendo would drop dead hearing such a generalization on the apparent ďentire industryĒ doing this.

You bought a shitty, mess of a game that 2K had no right to charge people 60 dollars to play and people like you are a huge reason why games like this continue to release in the state that they are in. For you to defend it by trying to tell us to just ďaccept that this is the way it isĒ going forward is a fucking insult to our intelligence when we have a litany of other options out there.

Donít try to convince us to choke down that shit sandwich you chose to pay for. I actually envy that youíre able to enjoy it and find that it was somehow 60 dollars well spent. I really do.

I wish I could enjoy big publishers fucking me in the ass year after year.

DKBroiler - 10-24-2019 at 08:26 PM

Whatís your malfunction man? Itís not like Iím on some propaganda barnstorming tour. If you really need a list of games with shit launches how about NBA2K each of the last 2 years, Red Dead Redemption 2 last year, Tennis World Tour which took 2 years and still isnít totally fixed, literally every Elder Scrolls Online update and numerous others. Shit happens.

This game has a lot of issues, but youíre just being ridiculous like withholding your $60 is gonna matter. Just stop. We get it. You hate it. Awesome.

Funny enough ... the game just froze as I was typing this. There are a lot of issues, as I said already. But youíre fucking delusional if you think things wonít get patched. Things always get patched.

Edit - aside from Spider-Man you like some wack ass games.

[Edited on 10-24-2019 by DKBroiler]

Paddlefoot - 10-24-2019 at 08:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by punkerhardcore

POTY nominee.

Also, re: DK vs Cam feud. Gamers are intense man. Just about anything can set them off. It makes the TrannyWar I had with GEG look like a slap-and-tickle fight between a couple of the "gals" over a dressing cubical in the women's section at Target.

First 9 - 10-24-2019 at 08:50 PM

bfg vs Ccharger finally gets a rival for feud of the year.

I think this is the year DK gets a bOOardie.

Paddlefoot - 10-24-2019 at 09:29 PM

DK vs Cam "Young Nastyman" Ferguson. BAH GAWD, KING, can Philly Man recover and put up a fight?!?!?!?

williamssl - 10-24-2019 at 09:50 PM

Recency is king. Now's the time to spin up or manufacture feuds or kick older ones back into high gear. Or start/resume behaving like a major asshole. Etc.

Increase those bOOardie odds.

Il Palazzo - 10-24-2019 at 10:11 PM

Hurling my own two cents out there, it looks like last year but worse. And I'm one of those players who are far more merciful when it comes to the assorted Yukes!-based WWE games over the past decade, in that I don't whine about stuff and then spend three days straight jacking it to footage of Here Comes the Pain and/or No Mercy just to return a sense of balance to the universe. And I'm willing to give some wiggle room based on the fact the new development team only previously assisted with stuff. But this thing somehow looks worse in spots, the targeting is apparent crap, you've got glitches out the ass, and beyond making a story mode with a female protagonist the only major addition to this year they made was the Originals content and it's all locked beyond a damn paywall. I'll also show mercy on some of the glitching, just because when it's a more purely visual issue it can be really damn funny.

Long Story Short, I just saved a whole bunch of money by switching to GEICO*.

*Not buying this. Especially since I was aiming for the $90 version like I did last year.

Now someone fight me over this so I can win a thing or whatever.

G-Spot - 10-24-2019 at 10:12 PM

WWE2K20

DKBroiler - 10-24-2019 at 10:18 PM

My game keeps crashing. Yeah ... itís a piece of garbage. I want to stress that there are better things about it than 2K19, but yes, itís a mess.

Iím still having fun though so F it.

CamstunPWG187 - 10-25-2019 at 04:06 AM

quote:

Edit - aside from Spider-Man you like some wack ass games.

Anyone wanna co-sign this?

quote:
Whatís your malfunction man? Itís not like Iím on some propaganda barnstorming tour. If you really need a list of games with shit launches how about NBA2K each of the last 2 years, Red Dead Redemption 2 last year, Tennis World Tour which took 2 years and still isnít totally fixed, literally every Elder Scrolls Online update and numerous others. Shit happens.

Ah, I get it now, unless it's some Triple A-produced, microtransaction/lootbox/DLC/bug/glitch-laden bullshit that's advertised ad nauseam, you don't buy it. Basically, going from the games listed above, you only buy things that everyone else talks about playing.

What's my malfunction? You sit here and obviously know quite a bit about the game of lootboxes and DLC, yet try to tell us that we should all just accept this world of incomplete games being released with terrible glitches, with your one big fallback being "it'll be patched out, jesus".

Games didn't used to need to be patched. We used to buy games that were entirely whole, had proper playtesting done on them over the development cycle. Games like that are still released, and yeah, most, if not all of them have patches released, but you know what those patches usually fix on games like the ones I listed? TINY THINGS.

Red Dead was released in completely playable form and if someone wasn't connected to the servers, would have been able to beat it at launch without running into any sort of game-breaking glitches, which was a huge feat.

This whole idea of you telling us to accept THESE games (games like WWE) for being shit and incomplete is laughable. That's almost like telling a parent to buy this toy that's missing it's accessories and a leg, because in a few weeks the manufacturer will send those parts to the store and you can get them then. Who the fuck would buy a toy like that for their kid? You paying for video games like this is the electronic equivalent.

For a "wack ass" game like, say, Smash Bros. Ultimate, patches are released to fix things like "oh shit, this character seems to be OP/UP, let's buff or nerf a move or two here". For a "wack ass" game like, say, God Of War, a patch will be released to sync an audio file or something, or to sync subtitles and maybe patch up that random cliff that Kratos will get stuck on for a few seconds. My point? These glitches are minuscule and don't break the fucking games. They've been released as completely as they would have been back in the pre-2005 days, yet we have the pleasure of being able to have them patched up quickly and efficiently. On top of that, their patches take like, a minute to download and are around 25-100 MB, whereas a fucking patch for broken ass messes like WWE 2K20 will take 7-15, or even 25-30 GB of an update to fix.

And all of that? That's JUST FUCKING DANDY to you (since you buy this shit), a consumer who continues to speak with their wallet for all the wrong reasons and let these big-time publishers know - you'll happily pay for this AND next years product, because you've accepted the way they program and market games towards people like you.

"Hey guys, it'll just be patched out with some huge fucking update every sane person DOESN'T want to download for this SIXTY DOLLAR GAME I PAID FULL PRICE FOR UNDER THE CRAZY ASSUMPTION THAT IT WOULD RELEASE IN COMPLETE FORM"

Also, can you find any sort of comment I made that stated that things wouldn't get patched? To quote The Rick - congratulations, you have taken something I said, imagined that I said something else, and responded to your imagination.

What else is my malfunction? I don't want to rely on WWE every fucking year for a wrestling fix and I'll be damned if Fire Pro Wrestling is my only other option, because Fire Pro gets old and is limited in the sort of matches and spots you can do.

Also, I am ridiculous if I think withholding my 60 dollars matters? That's the ONLY thing that matters if you actually want anything to change. Stop buying their shit. Comments like that are repugnant and completely gloss over the real problems, and that's some bullshit.

Because of your mind frame and general acceptance of incomplete trash being released for full price with the ďsaving graceĒ being an eventual patch-up, companies like Bethesda can get away with doing things like releasing a 100 dollar yearly membership for shit like Fallout 76 a yesr after itís release because people like you continue to pay for shit like that.

People like YOU are the reasons publishers rush developers to...ahem..ĒfinishĒ games on a yearly basis, so they can suck you for all the money you will inevitably spend on their shit. People like YOU are the reason games like WWE 2K20 release in their state.

quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot

Gamers are intense man.

I denounce the titling of myself as a "gamer". I don't make money off of video games, and they do not reflect my personality as a whole, and am lucky enough to play about 5-6 new games every year. I might beat a lot of games, but they're usually games I have beaten before and can beat quite easily these days due to quick-rewind, save states and whatnot.

I am PASSIONATE about my hobbies, mate. They donít reflect my core personality.
[Edited on 10-25-2019 by CamstunPWG187]

[Edited on 10-25-2019 by CamstunPWG187]

DKBroiler - 10-25-2019 at 01:03 PM

You have issues. You spend your $60 on a kitten or something.

CamstunPWG187 - 10-25-2019 at 02:20 PM

Well, at least I didnít buy WWE 2K20.

CamstunPWG187 - 10-29-2019 at 02:41 AM

WWE 2K20 critical reception was so bad (0% critics liked it), it led to Opencritic discovering a bug in their website

https://opencritic.com/game/8453/wwe-2k20

ďOne nice thing we can say about WWE 2K20:

It helped us find a display bug. When 0% of critics recommend a game, we incorrectly displayed ?% instead of 0%.Ē -OpenCritic twitter feed

This makes me believe this's the first game ever to get a 0% on opencritic since it started years ago.

Itís so god damn buggy that it causes bugs in other software.

What a travesty this game has been.

[Edited on 10-29-2019 by CamstunPWG187]

CamstunPWG187 - 11-29-2019 at 04:56 PM

https://youtu.be/icluPCghdA4

Thank you to everyone who didnít buy this piece of shit, youíve started something that will hopefully pave a new road to better wrestling games, but not anytime soon.

Basically, the failure of the game has resulted in the budget for next years game being slashed, funding cut from any sort of redeemable patches for this years version, and developers leaving for greener pastures.

Next year, the game will be seriously stripped down, but maybe theyíll learn from this. Iím glad people voted with their wallets this year.

nOOb - 11-30-2019 at 04:14 PM

Between 2K Sports and WWE, I don't think "lessons being learned" is in either of their wheelhouses. 2K had a good baseball game early in the 2000's, then made it worse, and doubled down each year until people stopped buying and they lost the rights to the MLB. And WWE is WWE: just look at the last 20 years or so.

Next year is probably a good skip year, too, because the new XBox and Playstations come out at the end of the year and sports games coming out at the end of a generation and beginning of a new one always seem to suck. So...2K22 it is.

Also, for all the people who were on the fence about buying this during the extended Black Friday sale: the DLC characters were leaked and no new characters are coming, just reskins (including Southpaw Regional Wrestling reskins). So the roster you have is the roster you stick with, even for an extra $20.

CamstunPWG187 - 11-30-2019 at 04:54 PM

The knee-slappers keep coming

DKBroiler - 12-3-2019 at 07:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CamstunPWG187
The knee-slappers keep coming

In the interest of being fair, as much as I didnít like how he said it Cam ended up being 100% correct. I think we are 3 updates in - as I suspected we would be in the current release and update world - but I cannot at all tell what was actually fixed. The game is essentially unplayable garbage that looks worse.

The sad part is a few of the features they added actually are cool but itís like putting tits on a warthog. No amount of ďfeaturesĒ makes up for the complete lack of good gameplay or 1999 level graphics.

Iíve uninstalled it and went back to 2K19 which is superior in every way at this point.

For what itís worth, if you have 2K19 my guide for how to make your universe not suck works perfectly, but yes, save your money as I should have done.

Sorry.

CamstunPWG187 - 12-5-2019 at 02:44 AM

Itís all good, man.