The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: What is working, what isn't working?
JJBRWESQ
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 93
Registered 5-15-2002

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 9-9-2002 at 04:18 AM Edit Post
What is working, what isn't working?

Which angles/wrestlers do you think are working for the WWE right now, and which not? (Note: Billy and Chuck are off limits, as that one could fill a page on itself)
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7932
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 9-9-2002 at 05:41 AM Edit Post
Working:

Building Brock Lesnar as a monster.

Building Triple H up as a monster heel. A good face is only as good as his foe.

Rey Mysterio...the giant killer.

The Un-Americans getting ANY face over.

Benoit, Guerrero, and Angle providing solid ring work.

Booker T getting over ala his world title run in WCW.

Edge becoming a superstar.

Not Working:

Undertaker as a main event star. He needs to be used ala Hogan to put others over.

RVD being pushed over Booker T. RVD can't cut it on the mic...that will hurt him and Booker has bigger pops, and better mic skills.

Steph. Decent heel...terrible "tweener"...

Heat and Velocity. These are glorified recap shows. Remember when Foley won the WWF title on HEAT???

Bradshaw. He pops a crowd...but doesn't sell tickets, t-shirts, or PPVs. @ least Jeff and Matt sell swag.

The puppy loving King. This makes woman matches between Trish and Molly seem like T&A when actually both girls are trying to bust ass to give us a good match.

Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

Mood: partypartyparty

posted on 9-9-2002 at 05:56 AM Edit Post
Good list BFG, really, I agree with everything except for pushing RVD over Booker T. I think RVD as main event is going well, he does pop the crowd huge- but I do think Booker should be next in line.

As far as Bradshaw, I think Bradshaw is the guy I hate to see the most now that X-Pac is gone. Honestly, people talk about HHH's backstage influence, but I swear Bradshaw must have some pull too. No one can deny that he has been given plenty of opportunities to get himself over, and failed on every one (except when he stole Austin's act with the APA). It made me sick when he got a main event push after the roster split. And his stupid speech on the post 9/11 Smackdown, it was just an attempt to get himnself over. And when he got to run in a stop the un-Americans from burning the flag. And the way he looks at the crowd trying to get a pop for his stupid overhead slam. Basically I guess what I'm saying is I hate Bradshaw.

And I hate the King, but thinking about Bradshaw has gotten me all worked up, so I'm not going to talk about the King other than to say he literally ruins matches. That's really saying something when a fucking commentator can ruin matches completely. Anyway, I digress.

That's racism man! I love to racism bro!

Stormtrooper
The Great One

Posts 3635
Registered 1-5-2002
Location under glass ceiling

Mood:

posted on 9-9-2002 at 07:26 AM Edit Post
RVD needs to learn to how to sell injuries and submission holds.

What isn't working:

Anyone weighing less than 250 in the main event or even made to look good(HHH is just HANDED a title, Undertaker shrugs off an Angleslam and a Crossface/Anklelock like he's bored, Mark Henry squashes Tajiri, Kane beats BOTH the tag camps - if you MUST push useless lumps into the main event at least put guys who can carry them to a watchable match there too - Benoit, Kurt, Eddy)what happened to that kickass posse they had with Edge, Rey and Cena?.

Undertaker in the main event again - putting a fossal who won't sell or job clean against the monster is stupid on so many levels.

Booker T being involved in anything important or getting any major wins, if you ask me HE should stop Brock's streak clean.

What is working:

Matt Hardy developing a personality and ever so slowly becoming a pain in the ass.

actual 'wrestling' matches(as always Eddy, Angle and Benoit carry the torch but Edge, Jericho, Storm, etc are doing some good stuff), if only they'd let Brock do more.

THE CHAMP

mcian
Banned

Posts 744
Registered 4-30-2002

Mood: Tactless

posted on 9-9-2002 at 05:36 PM Edit Post
I say that Lesnar is not working. I do not buy him as champ. Sure he is a big guy but if you look at other wrestlers like batista he is even bigger than lesnar. I liked the comment about ‘how can you take a guy seriously who looks like a cross between bob backlund and psycho sid’.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
BC
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1808
Registered 3-30-2002
Location in the bush

Mood: Blessed be

posted on 9-9-2002 at 06:33 PM Edit Post
as far as bradshaw gettin push after push after push...i remember reading somewhere he was taker's boy & taker used him as his locker room "enforcer" & used his clout to get him a push...but now that taker is on SD! & the hardcore title is gone..maybe we'll see less of bradshaw
sharpshooter
Showstopper

Posts 939
Registered 3-5-2002
Location Scotland

Mood: creative

posted on 9-12-2002 at 10:31 AM Edit Post
Working:

Booker & RVD as next big things on RAW

HHH back where he belongs as a monster heel

Brock's push

Benoit as the no.1 badguy on SD!

Edge's push, but he needs a feud with Benoit soon.

Angle slowly turning face, but a lack of top drawer heels on SD! would hurt the show.

Not Working:

Undertaker as a ME, he's busted up and should put over Benoit / Angle before taking a few months rest

Crusierweight divison: the CW title should be the no.2 attraction on SD and this is best facilitated by a Rey - Eddie Guerrero feud as well as two - three matches per show with Hardy, helms, Moore vs. tajiri, Chavo, Noble.
Resigning jerry Lynn couldnt hurt either.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   sharpshooter 's Aim   sharpshooter 's Yahoo

New Topic New Poll

go to top